Duh i'm George Clooney lets make this movie political for no reason duhh

>The biggest problem with Suburbicon is that it’s really two different movies cobbled together. One movie is a dark, farcical Coen Brothers-style crime movie. Which makes sense, since the Coens have a writing credit on the film. But then there’s the other movie, one that deals with racism and white supremacy. This is an element of the film that absolutely none of the advertising even hints at, which is kind of strange.

Coen brothers shouldn't have worked on this. its going to be shit I can tell from the trailer.

>its a trumper gets triggered watching a movie thread
lol

>This is an element of the film that absolutely none of the advertising even hints at, which is kind of strange.
The producers know this shit is no longer in fashion so they tried to hide it. The movie was probably filmed around the election.

>none of the advertising even hints at, which is kind of strange.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dude is pretty oblivious if he couldn't notice the political innuendo in the trailer.

drumpftards on the verge of suicide.

OP?

Liberals are the ones saying he ruined the movie by doing this, I don't give a fuck about trump you faggot

Leatherheads, The Ides of March, Good Night and Good Luck were surprisingly decent

As I understand it, Cohens wrote a good script and Clooney dicked it up? That blows. I still wanna see the movie, though.

This is essentially what happened after the coen brothers handed him their script

>lets make this movie political for no reason
Its his movie, he can make it any way he wants. Stop being triggered by things you don't even care about.

shame, I thought the first trailer looked pretty good

The fact that the Coen brothers never made it into a movie in the first place should speak volumes about their faith in it. Not every script is going to be their best work.

He can fuck up a good script and get shitty reviews if he wants too, i'm just laughing at him i'm not triggered you brainlet

Duh i'm polanon lets make this thread political for no reason duhh

Duh I get triggered by any discussion of politics in a movie about politics

Legitimately sucks the trailer looked really good but now theres no reason to watch if it has a forced "fuck drumpf and fuck white people" at the end.

>one that deals with racism and white supremacy. This is an element of the film that absolutely none of the advertising even hints at, which is kind of strange.

Not hard to understand why

>get lured in by promose of seeing some crime thriller

>end up getting the Hollywood lecture on how whitesare eternally racist and the enemy of everything

If the were up front with it it would make a whole lot less money because whites are sick of being blamed for everything.

Oh no no no no

Its the movies that are being made political.

A fault confessed is half redressed

>28% audience score on rotten tomatoes already

shit.

I was mildly interested in seeing a dark comedy about 50s america.

The left is an unending faucet of tears. How are Trumpfags the suicidal ones?

I did a little more research. Apparently the Cohen's didn't like it, either. It was an old script they'd penned then canned back in--87? 97? Somewhere around there. Clooney somehow got his hands on it and thought he'd touch it up to make it topical. So maybe it's no one's fault. A script that didn't meet its creators' standards with a sometimes good director misbeliving he could salvage it. Ah well. Misfires happen.

I'll still see it for myself.

While that's true, it's also the Cohen Brothers--getting a weak script by them can still be leagues above the common screenplay. I can understand why someone would be willing to take a chance on it. Ernest Hemingway was never satisfied with his last years of writing, and from the salvage of his unpublished work we got A Moveable Feast and The Garden of Eden. This just wasn't one of those moments.

I don't know maybe because they keep making threads crying about every single thing in existence.
I bet a couple killed themselves by now.

Duh I larp as a liberal on Sup Forums for the (you)s i'm so smart duhhhh

>Killing yourself when everything is going right
umm no sweetie I think you are mistaken. Like Pottery.

>This is an element of the film that absolutely none of the advertising even hints at, which is kind of strange.
I literally just listened to an interview on NPR like two days ago and all they talked about was the racial element of the movie. Eat dick

well no shit that's what (((NPR))) would talk about

>I literally just listened to an interview on NPR

Sounds like they were trying to get the smug liberals who listen to npr to go to the movie while for the general audience (((they))) left it out

Is Hollywood just cutting its own wrists at this point?? They keep pushing political bullshit that EVERYONE left and right is sick of and then wonder why they arent making money? They cannot be this stupid

Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team.

Hubris has blinded them. They were so used to people eating out of their hands they never learned any new tricks. Look how long it took for them to gain any semblance of how to deal with digital media.

>The biggest problem with Suburbicon is that

Clooney is a talentless hack?