Why are Sergent Hatred's henchmen allowed to use guns?

Why are Sergent Hatred's henchmen allowed to use guns?

I thought the Guild discouraged lethal weapons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DAodHPCmGsk
distorrent.com/the-venture-bros-seasons-1-5-the-venture-brothers-480p-1080p-hevc-x265-t11922917.html
cilicili8.com/magnet/detail/25963190#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're beanbag guns.

they discouraged guns for lower-level villains
Hatred had bigger chops than The Monarch did

Monarch I think never went past 4 or 6 level.

Which level was Hathred in? 8?

They use rubber bullets or some sort of non-lethal ammunition.

They even had nerf guns on standby

SEASON 7 FUCKING WHEN

>uses high-profile voice actors
>have to rewatch episodes and read up lore as to not accidentally retcon anything

He's high (or low) enough to arch Rusty so he must be at least an eight or so. In that one episode where the Monarch was explaining levels he said all you really needed was a command center of some sort, enough henchmen to be called an army and MAYBE a second in command to be considered a ten. The standards for a level ten are pretty low to be honest and it sounds like it means a lot of people like the Monarch are technically on the same level as legit scary motherfuckers like Monstroso, Wide Whale or Phantom Limb.

>Red Death is a level 10
>no evil lair
>no henchman
>only has his horse

Honestly, the Monarch's only issue is his obsession with Venture.

We've seen how much of a scary motherfucker he can be.

He also specifically wanted to arch Rusty.
Also Monarch's issue is probably more he's incompetent. Monstroso and Wide Wale are smarter than Monarch and have their shit together.
Also there's a lot of implication that it's all about playing politics in the Guild which Monarch is oblivious to.
He was a respected OG.

No, your competency, the threat level of your weapons and the skills of your henchmen are also taken in consideration.

See Red Death is a 10 for power and skill alone, and Wide Whale henchmen have power suits.

>your competency, the threat level of your weapons and the skills of your henchmen are also taken in consideration.
Then the Monarch should have been a lot lower than he was before Hatred destroyed his cocoon. His henchmen (with the very recent exception of 21) were idiots and don't use lethal weaponry, and the Monarch himself is really only competent when he's not around Venture. He was probably only ever considered a ten because his wife played the system for him and the fact that up until season 3 he wasn't even an official Guild villain.

Monarch was never a 10.

I wonder if they have big fuckoff notebooks and shit with each characters written out, small things they might have said or done in each episode of seasons etc.
They could rewatch the episodes loads or just have basically the holy bible of venture brothers with everything theyve ever done thats canon inside.

I don't know, they either have a massive anal bible with every little detail or a half assed white out board that says "remember that guy"

I wouldn't say Monarch is incompetent. We've seen that he's actually a threatening villain when he isn't focused on petty things. If he was more focused on organizing and larger goals, then he'd actually be a pretty high level villain. Monstroso and Limb had their priorities straight in their prime.

Pretty sure he mentioned they were dart guns.
That said, depending on the target more dangerous weapons are probably allowed.

>Incompetent
When he wasn't arching Rusty he was actually pretty good. Granted the only examples are the Butt Doctor and Wide Whale's Alleged Brother I forgot the name of.

Dugong!

>a half assed white out board that says "remember that guy"
Judging by the commentaries, this is the more likely option. There's some stuff they do remember long term and a lot of stuff that they just go "wow I completely forgot about that, let's do something with that"

The ability to be competent doesn't stop his demeanor from making him incompetent. He has the capability but his priorities and personality are shit and he tends to only do good when his targets are ridiculously low tier.
Dr Dugong was 90% Dr. Mrs and the Moppets work. He literally didn't want to be there and murdered the poor guy when Dr. Mrs triggered his hateboner for Rusty.
>mfw you can actually hear them come up with jokes and characters they use in future seasons in the commentary.

Monarch's only giving an example of a level 10, not listing the specific criteria. Like if you have this huge operation with a big base and loads of henchman you're likely going to be a high-rated villain.

Besides, the only 10 we saw that had a full organization like that was Wide Wale. All the other 10s he was passing arching rights to were solo guys who had basically no infrastructure but huge cred.

They were also tied to him.

Yeah, from what I understand they don't plan all the "deepest lore" stuff so much as just being good at remembering earlier bits and finding ways to connect them. Like St. Cloud, he used to be a background character, he had one line in the Yard Sale episode, and later they decided to turn him into Billy's nemesis.

How can Phantom Limb be so dumb?

Does he still think Manataur was the one who had sex with his number 2 that night and not Monarch?

youtube.com/watch?v=DAodHPCmGsk

Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend actually did pretty good against an army of Strangers.

Guns are a level 5 weapon learn guild law. Killing henchmen is okay as long as they are not a sidekick tier henchman doing that is a no no and can have recreations but isn't as bad as killing someones arch.

This. I don't know the official number, but that little monologue on the subway was bullshit. If I were to guess the Mighty Monarch was a 6, even before the cocoon got wrecked. Maybe a 5.

A 10 is the equivalent of the top of an A-lister's Rogues Gallery. Your Magnetos, your Luthors, your Doctors Doom.

Monarch is like Mad Hatter tier. I mean, respectable enough to be called a supervillain, sure. Certainly not someone the Average Joe would want to piss off. But his notoriety and threat level are middling at best.

Then again, I suppose the potential L10s I named might be considered too high for Guild membership at all unless they were running it.

I like to think he eventually did figure it out, but either he forgot to take Manotaur off his shit list and then couldn't remember why he had him there, or him finding Manotaur and not realizing it wasn't the same guy was just part of his mental breakdown.

I think Monarch was someone who probably could have been something close to a 10 if he really tried, and his low ranking has more to do with his often self-destructive obsession with Rusty. Like if he started going after higher profile protagonists and really trying, he could easily be an 8 or 9, but he spends all his time trying to dick around with a mediocre scientist living off his dad's success.

To be a 10 you are a top level threat who can alter a whole region or the world. Think of the bilderberg group in real life. A 5 can be a bunch of niggers with guns as guns are a level 5 threat. A 1 is someone like that boxer guy that the action man killed. So think of a 3 as inbetween a killer gunman and a autisic loser and a 8 as a guy with a giant warship but can be put down by the osi.Guild level is different from the osi or protagonist levels as they are scored differently but the protagonist level cannot be higher than the antagonists level this is why monarch couldn't arch rusty. HOWEVER! A level 10 villian can arch a level 1 hero as the monarch was a 6-8 when arching rusty in seasons 1-4.

Highest he got was 8 he was a 6 at the start of the show and he is a 4 now.

He WAS an 8 around seasons 3 and 4. He was passionate about what he did but doesn't have the ambitions of power other villains have he just really hates venture people who get in the early of his work and people who fuck his wife without his consent aka phantom limb.

Superman can be a level 10 solo cause he is fucking superman. A normal man sometimes needs a army some super suits and money to get to a equal threat level you get what I am saying? It is less about a check list more about what you can do and what you actually do.

Pretty much this. He even plays as a hero just to get back to arching Venture. The dude doesn't even have much of a drive for legitimate villainy, his sole motivation is screwing over Venture. Like when he was given other heroes to fight, and he just massacred them all.

Monarch is high-level, but he just doesn't give a shit about anyone but Rusty.

He is literally insane after quizboy turned him into phantom limb part of his power is that is slowly kills his brain. Dude was a little weird before but after the incident he was a new man.
Well said.

>he tends to only do good when his targets are ridiculously low tier
What about his work as the Blue Morpho?

To be honest I read the people here saying this thinking that there would be a montage of him and 21 trashing vilains.

But TO BE HONEST most of it is by accident and the Monarch has no idea on what he is doing. Dumb luck.

The Guild sounds like a bunch of wet blankets.

I think a lot of people are missing the point about arching levels.

The entire existence of the Guild is that it is an outsized bureaucracy that has ultimately pretty much neutered supervillany. The OSI works likewise for the protagonists.

Although the structure has specific levels and miles of rules and reg in regard to advancement, in practice it probably never really works that way. Kiss the right ass, be related to the right radioactive skull villain, be a tool for the right Guild overseer's office pissing contest, those are the ways that people really get promoted.

The Monarch being no longer able to arch Dr. Venture is less due to whatever specific arching level he has (The number of times it has come up before this should tell you how applicable it really is in action) and more due to how Wide Wale and his crew are masters at playing the guild game. The level is just the convenient excuse.

90% Gary 9% luck 1%Malcolm

>part of his power is that it slowly kills his brain

Source on that?

The monarch wasn't able to arch venture because venture got super rich and everyone else wanted to arch him

>Rusty Venture is the protagonist
>Monarch gets more screentime and backstory than Rusty

????

Protagonist ≠ Main Character

That is literally what protagonist means.

You're right, my mistake.

The show is called Venture Bros. there's evidence that shows that Rusty and the Monarch may be brothers.

We all know he could go nuclear at the drop of a hat, which is a good thing he has a good handle on things.

See, the only reason he has a ten is because they couldn't give him an eleven.

>I thought the Guild discouraged lethal weapons.

Only slightly. And they kill all the time. See Phantom Limb.

Also, most of the Monarch's men (possibly including himself) didn't even know that his darts aren't fatal if you're hit by only one.

Yeah. The scale tops out at ten but if it kept going, Wide Whale would be like 20 or something.

he's basically a more humorous Black Manta in that regard

Does Monarch even know why he hates Venture so much?

Seems like he only does it because Venture is the most interesting protagonist to arch.

Of course he knows.

It's almost certainly something ludicrously petty, though. Like Rusty saying that his butterfly poetry was gay back in college.

Do any of you lads know what the hell happened with the art book we were supposed to get?

>A 1 is someone like that boxer guy that the action man killed.
Hahaha holy shit I'd forgotten about that. That shit was intense.

I don't think Magneto or Luthor should count. They wouldn't be in the Guild of Calamitous Intent to begin with because they are too big for it. Each of them lead their own analogous organization; the Legion of Doom and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants respectively. They sort of break the scale. The same goes for something like Galactus.

Why does Venture Brothers DVD have more dicks than tits? The only nipples you ever see is in a single frame.

Why do American cartoons always have more dicks than tits

korean animators

Didn't they say last season that the Monarch was an 8 at the height of his power? Maybe theres an unofficial tier quality to the rankings where the villains with the resources to have lairs, henchman armies, and right hand operatives all get put into the 8-10 range but the incompetent ones don't get above 8.

>The show is called Venture Bros. there's evidence that shows that Rusty and the Monarch may be brothers.

Holy sheet.
I wish Dean and Hank would get screen time as well, but with 7 episodes I understand why the focus was moved away from them and more into Rusty, Monarch and world building.

Yeah, the whole point of the ratings is to match villains with arches that are on their own level, it's even called the Equally Matched Aggression scale. So a solo villain with crazy powers and world beating skills like Red Death can easily be a 10, while the Monarch was able to get up to an 8 thanks to his resources but now; without a lair or henchman and with Dr. Mrs. more working for the Guild than for him these days, he's back down to a 4.

I'm watching this for the first time, and it's fucking awesome.

I just noticed the S3 rips has commentary tracks, are they worth a rewatch?

they are, if you only have commentary for season 3, the first link is seasons 1-5, second one is season 6, all with commentary.
distorrent.com/the-venture-bros-seasons-1-5-the-venture-brothers-480p-1080p-hevc-x265-t11922917.html
cilicili8.com/magnet/detail/25963190#

>KAT mirror
Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling seeing that layout again.

>latest blog entries 7 months ago
That's... odd. I'm fairly sure it died in 2015

As for the show, I'm fairly sure it's only the season 1 and 2 rips I have that doesn't have the commentary track.
I'm a bit puzzled as to what the source was on those, since it's 480p without broadcast watermarks, which implies DVD rips, but they're bleep and mosaic censored too.

I'll probably binge it all and then give the commentary a shot.

season 1 and 2 were censored on dvd, also only 4 or 5 episodes in season 1 have commentary

>mirror hopelessly broken

Fug, I was hoping I could snag the 2 missing season 5 episodes of Adventure Time while I was there but the search is too broken to find them and only some uploadss will even let me get the file or magnet.

Brock Samson's penis is never uncensored?

You're allowed to use guns as much as you want, as long as you aren't a shitty low-tier antagonist

That's ridiculously plausible

I like the subtle jokes.

>Each of them lead their own analogous organization; the Legion of Doom and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants respectively.

That isn't how the Guild works.

The Guild is a bureaucracy designed to keep villainy focused on specific, long term, minimal collateral damage feuds. The Legion of Doom is more about organizing villains to more successfully combat hero teams, and the Brotherhood is essentially a political terrorist group.

Do we ever see The Peril Of Partnership and Fraternity of Torment?

>Dr. Mrs.
Sup Forums can we please come up with a better butterfly themed cape name for her? I know that's the joke but it drives me crazy. So if you weren't fucking around and needed to come up with a good one, what it'd it be? Help me out here.

What even is Sheila's gimmick?

That shark guy in the episode about Zeus kidnapping everyone represented the Peril Partbership and Scaramantula founded the Fraternity of Torment, though I dunno if we ever see any modern members.

Super Science, but she's always been second in command to whoever she's dating or married to.

She doesn't really have one.
There is a literal Queen butterfly but calling her Queen or Dr. Queen might just be too on the nose
Honestly Calling her Dr. Mrs. Is just too much fun.

Madame Butterfly. Like the opera.

Suppose it's like Jonas'. I like Apple Mummy better.

Dr. Psyche

Why have there been no female henches yet on Venture Bros.?

Sheila is that. She's pretty much an elite Monarch henchman

And wasn't there some dude that had two Asian chick bodyguards or am I thinking of another series?

Penguin from The Batman?

that new spiderman there is sick

There are tons of female guild members, just no main characters. One of the old Council of 13 was a woman, even.

>that time the henchmen stormed the compound and Monarch went full Green Goblin
That may have ended badly, buy that was maximum hype. We need more moments like that

Hathred was great on that episode.

Because all is fair in love, war, and boipussi

Everything is all good as long as both sides are equal. Gun hero, gun villian.

I personally hope that Monarch will become a hero for real as Blue Morpho and let it be revealed that Monarch and Rusty are brothers (they look WAY to similar for me for them not to be).

I'm thinking the Monarch and Rusty being related is going to be one giant red herring and they'll just be playmates as kids. Doc and Publick like to build things up like this and then pull the rug out from under us. Remember the orb?

>one giant red herring
Wouldn't surprise me. Especially with all the shit they pulled with Dr. Girlfriend.

Why would you ever be a henchman? Do they get paid well?

A lot of the Monarch's henchmen said he turned their lives around. A lot of them were junkies or criminals before he employed them. As for whether or not they get paid, I imagine it depends on the guy they work for. It's implied the Monarch doesn't pay them himself. I would assume that if he doesn't the Guild must because Killinger got Rusty some henchmen through a government employment agency that one time. A similar loophole may exist for henchmen, meaning they likely get a decent wage and insurance if their employer doesn't provide it.

Why can't the Guild be real? The only thing I've ever wanted to do with my life is become a proper supervillain. Their rules make it all possible, sustainable, realistic, and legal, so it's perfect for someone like me who's not interested in body counts or carnage so much as stylish theatricality, focused antagonism, and the lavish lifestyle. I just really want to be paid to dress up, order henchmen around, raid compouds, and hate somebody thematically appropriate, for God's sake. I have no passion for anything sensible.

Dont let dreams be dreams