Adventure Time season 8/ Islands-mini

Oh man this was a great, everything i originally loved about. Adventure, lore, the feels, Finn being cucked by lesbians. Yep, this was a perfect mini. An so far i am...not hating season 8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqel0k0NzNU
youtube.com/watch?v=5nR2-UHsBJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why can't AT just be mini series seasons from now on?

What would another mini serie be about and what would it be called?

>Finn cucked by lesbians
Finn literally never made a move on Susan, and never had any serious relationship. Fucking underage b& need to leave this board already.

cosmic adventures with finn's dad

>Triggered by an obvious joke

Grow up dude

I really want more raggedy princess.

You mean bat princess

>the VR episode

I know OP was being ironic, but there are retards here that will repeat that shit

Raggedy princess>>>>>>> the bat.

I found it boring, uninspired and overall just dull.
The same story could have been told in 2 episodes.

Will we ever see Susan and her new gf again?
What state will Ooo be in when Finn and Jake return home?
Is Fern a threat?
Will more humans come to Ooo?

reminded me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=iqel0k0NzNU

In all fairness it was a pretty bad joke

So does the Guardian protect only the main island or all four? I can't tell if the Seekers/Hiders dynamic extended to all four of those or just the mainframed one.
Did they just decide to abandon the old one when the virus spread and resettle all the population to island #4 while leaving island #2 to the VR crowd that'd be too weak to move safely? Why did no one care about the humans on island #1 being all killed by monsters and crazy weather? Were those all hiders?

If Adventure Time was even remotely as popular here as it used to be, you'd have thousands of macros and webms from the "buff BMO as a mod" part and generally the VR part
This gif is still among my absolute favorites

Katamary mmo

>Finn being cucked by lesbians

SUSAN FUCKING NEVER WAS AN OPTION OR LOVE INTEREST.

If you think otherwise, you are deluded.

Like OVAS? More shows probably would be benefited from this.

Yes, it will be a shitty subplot like ice kings girlfriend
The exact same its like you never watched the show
Fern will accidentally out of the plot when he sacrifices himself killing something
No, if they do it will be a one time cameo

I find it odd that no one's talking about how Minerva is just a palette swapped Bubblegum and how that implies Finn's attraction to PB is just an Oedipal complex stemming from his subconscious memories of Minerva from infancy.

I find it odd that Susan had an entire town full of mutated humans with her and also had mutations herself and now there is no explanation for either thing

Well, you're cynical.

Who wants to talk about something so obvious?

Daily reminder that shows don't accidentally crap out classic episodes after they've lost their spark, Adventure Time has always been great, and Sup Forums has no taste.

I feel kinda bad that raggedy princess rarely ever has anyone to talk to.

I have always liked the show, but the fact is that its episodic nature doesnt get me very excited for new episodes unless they look like they are going to be continuity heavy. The mini-series are pretty good for that.

Screencap my comment it will all become true larry

Suit yourself...SO HOWS BOUT DEM LESBIANS DAWG!

>Raggedy princess
>Arms

No.

Adventure Time is not about continuity.

Loli princess bubblegum has always been and will always remain best waifu and if you disagree you may aswell to roll in the mud with your fellow swine

How?

The only stuff I really don't like are the implications caused by past episode, like Martin looks even worse now abandoning his family cause of past crimes coming back to bite him

Apart from that it was pretty solid. Good mix of fun adventure and interesting concepts, but unlike usual it actually followed through on ideas.

Easy mistake.

Where can I watch/download? It's not on Kisscartoon yet

The show is set up so that any given episode can focus on hundreds of different characters and corners of Ooo. Even if you limit the focus to the main characters the amount of variety in what type of story you're going to get is nearly boundless. I like the extensive lore and high stakes stuff but am just as if not more happy to see a horse running around on a beach ball go through an existential crisis.

literally youtube

...oh fuck. This explains everything (this is a deleted tweet from one of the writers)

>a horse running around on a beach ball go through an existential crisis
An actual thing that actually happened on an actual episode of Adventure Time.

Nigger what? Yes it is

Season 6 was kind of weak.

Man, she's too cute for this world.

Go away, Onion-san.

I want to give her a bath and snuggle with her afterwards.

When did the lesbian episode air? Dailymotion link where?

I'm not really an avid watcher of AT at all. I've seen some of the later stuff and a few early episodes, but I usually only drop in here to see if new episodes are worth it.

Grain of salt and all. I liked Islands. I thought Finn acted like a consistent, grown-up hero guy. Seemed like a legit bro. But I keep hearing he's shit on in the regular show most of the time. What's going on? Anyone wanna fill me in?

That was some Second Life or worlds.com shit, pretty creepy.

Nevermind i just checked and everything was leaked and airing next week, guess I'll wait to see it then

WRONG.

Even this season has not gone without it's bad episodes. High Strangeness (?) and that new James Baxter episode were meh at best.

Same famalama. Really enjoyed it. More than Stakes.

Maybe I'm just a lorefag but I really liked the whole backstory of the humans. How their society worked, how Susan, Martin, Finn all fit together in the story and the confrontation between Finn and his Mom about leaving the island.

it literally is on kisscartoons for days now

You either aren't that big of a fan of the show or just fail to understand what makes it great if you think those episodes were anything but fantastic.

>The same story could have been told in 2 episodes.
literally even try to tell me how that would have been possible

High Strangeness was god tier you pleb.

So backstory of Simon and Marcy and the mutant humans we've seen chasing them all took place on the Islands?

They're just spoons man

Maybe if you are a cuck. And I literally mean that.

lol ''fantastic''
How many buckets do you cum on actual good episodes?
Especially the baxter one felt even worse than the original. Did you clap on the episode with the circus you easy-to-please pleb?

Lending a lot of weight to your argument by regurgitating meme words there buddy.

I like how much you can see of young Martin in Fin. He's still not a good person, but you can understand Martin more seeing the environment he came from.

Tree trunks has 2 husbands and she made them touch hands.

On top of that the episode pushes muh political agenda, it was bad. Shut the fuck up.

Great arguments, I bow to your obvious superiority.

If you don't love the idea of a tiny green elephant voiced by an ancient southern belle getting abducted by aliens enough times throughout her life to have sired children with them that she loves enough to tirelessly fight against a corrupt fascist government by herself then you are simply depriving yourself. And you don't understand Adventure Time.

Stop pretending, now that we all liked Islands you don't have to pretend that all the episodes the AT team shit out are good.

>Oh wow, this place is objectively interesting.

Good thing we know your opinion about it now. We were all waiting to hear what you thought about it.

Yeah as opposed to your amazing argument ''they were fantastic''. How could I ever refute that?
The ''artsy'' episodes of AT are boring, badly paced and reviewed negatively by the majority. If we had 20 episodes of Baxter a season no one would watch the show anymore.

So they shit out eight great episodes in a row randomly then? Please just stop.

He's not.
People just want him to be top dog with powers, and are annoyed that he's an underdog with a bottomless well of will.

>No one's allowed a different opinion than me REEEEEEEE

Seriously though, all the season 8 episodes have been good so far.

Are you retarded? Susan was one of the 2 only female human characters. It isn't that big of a stretch to connect the dots from there, plus all the token dyke shit is annoying. Sounds to me like you just don't want anyone to complain about it at all.

I never said that the team is bad, once they commit to a story and try to actually write something good together they can make magic happen. But if they don't try you get shit episodes.

is the ban a prema or only temporary because it seems like a disturbing prospect to be kicked out of your life

You're right, a talking horse who rides around on his beach ball becoming sad after it pops is simply too artsy for the masses. I'm surprised there weren't riots in the streets after they went back to that well twice.

>Are you retarded? Susan was one of the 2 only female human characters. It isn't that big of a stretch to connect the dots from there

Do you not see your blatant hypocrisy? You are drawing on literally nothing to support a romance between Finn and Susan, but complain that a PB/Marceline romance makes no sense.

>complains about people complaining about other people's opinions
>states his opinion as if it's fact
Nigger what?

No, seasons 4-6 were shit and I don't want to watch season 7, I already gave it too many chances.

Are you even literate? I just stated what I was basing the prospect of a finn/susan romance on. I am not joking, can you legitimately read?

Well said

He claimed that people who liked certain episodes were just pretending retard.

Also, I shouldn't have to preface every opinion with an 'I think' or an 'IMO.' That much should be implied.

Oh ok so they're only "trying" if a place that is the ultimate arbiter of taste like Sup Forums universally likes it. And they stop "trying" immediately after a string of eight great episodes in a row because fuck it who cares. Got it.

>He claimed that people who liked certain episodes were just pretending retard.
And? What does this change about my comment?

Yeah, you're basing it on them both being human, which is essentially nothing.

This show is cancer.

I didn't say that you dense prick

It's definitely something when there's like 5 humans (outside of the island) that finn knows, retard.

i felt the whole mini series needed more conficlt

Between High Strangeness and Imaginary Resources, I hope pen is a full blown regular boarder this season

youtube.com/watch?v=5nR2-UHsBJc

here's a youtube link enjoy

Considering Finn has hooked up with a literal piece of fire, it's really not.

>The ''artsy'' episodes of AT are boring, badly paced and reviewed negatively by the majority. If we had 20 episodes of Baxter a season no one would watch the show anymore.

Yes you did

A piece of fire that he couldn't touch. He needs to make babies some day or another.

Stop sucking islands dick. It was far from perfect and some episodes certainly suffered from modern AT complex. It was just better than what we've seen in the past couple of seasons. Making some good episodes won't magically erase all the shit we've suffered.

Jesus Christ.
They made a statement as if it weren't possible for people to have different opinions, hence saying they must be pretending. Obviously they were joking, but my reply was in response to that.

Do you need help carrying those goalposts? Or is Islands objectively bad now? I'm just trying to ease the suffering.

>Obviously they were joking
Wow, you just made yourself look like an idiot in 3 words.

Never stated that the episodes are too artsy for the masses. Maybe you need a 3rd time reading it but I guess It won't help , retard.

You claimed how something is received by the majority as if that somehow is directly correlated to the content of a work of art. According to you being "artsy" is bad because it's poorly received by the masses. And then you proceeded to cite an episode where the eponymous James Baxter gets sad after he pops his beach ball on a dying mole creature as an example of being too artsy. So I made fun of you.