Adventures of Superman Pt. 1

Coming up is without a doubt my favorite run on Superman. Joe Casey managed to create a set of Superman comics that push the boundaries of what the Man of Steel is capable of. And what makes this so spectacular is that Superman manages to overcome all of his problems/adversaries without having to throw a single punch. I don't know how he managed to slip that by the DC editorial but this series is all the more amazing for it.

Past Planetary Threads
Prior Authority Threads Here

Other urls found in this thread:

bigfinish.com/ranges/v/monthly-series
abcd.com/file/4j24lk3f71bpiu0/WDV123.txt.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heading back home meow. Bumps are kindly appreciated but if you don't want to that's cool too.

Kil yourself

Bump

You okay user? Anything you wanna talk about?

A hero comes to save the day.

I love the fact he sprints away.

>Dat redhead checking out, Clark.
Can't really blame her.

Bump

Bompu

I'm a little iffy on Clark determining it's because of Conrad this quickly.

Unrelated to Superman, but in honor of the passing of John Hurt, I present the first three volumes of the War Doctor's Big Finish adventures. If you enjoy this series, I highly recommend you visit the Big Finish main page and support them by purchasing some of your favorite stories.
bigfinish.com/ranges/v/monthly-series

abcd.com/file/4j24lk3f71bpiu0/WDV123.txt.txt
>Replace ABCD with mediafire
>Follow the instructions.

I think Clark needs to get off his high horse and let the Champion of the Oppressed do what he was supposed to do.

2spooky

I think this is one of the coolest status ailments in the DC Universe.

>I love the fact he sprints away.
>because Superman couldn't canonically fly yet

This, I got legit mad at Clark trying to hold the high ground against his literal template and how he used to behave before the War Department told DC how Superman should be.

I am so glad other peeps feel the same way. All the Champion of the Oppressed did was literally stand up for the oppressed and be directly confrontational with those breaking the law, regardless of their position or status (WHICH MADE HIM AWESOME!)

In hindsight, I could argue that Morrison's Superman in the beginning of Action Comics behaves very similarly to Champion of the Oppressed.

>Morrison's Superman in the beginning of Action Comics behaves very similarly to Champion of the Oppressed.
Morrison went on record that this was deliberate.

Oldest school Supes wasn't quite Stardust but he WAS Golden Age, where both he and Batman didn't mind meting out justice directly instead of just tying crooks to streetlamps.

I love that Clark and Lois have roleplay date nights from their earlier encounters. They're probably my favorite couple in the DC Universe with the second being Ollie and DInah.

Literally the only, ONLY good part of Kevin Smith's "Superman Lives" script did this and it was the first scene of the first act.

That is so freaking cool. I had no idea about that. Thanks for the info. Also I could potentially add Stardust to the storytime checklist.

>Superman Adventures
>JSA
>The Boys
>Stardust

=D

>roleplay date nights from their earlier encounters
This is actually a more tasteful version of Reeve and Kidder; where she demanded he prove he had X-Ray vision by telling her what color underwear she was wearing.

her feet suk

Hot. Also Superman II?

> Lois knowingly tricks a man into getting himself killed, for the crime of selling unlicensed merchandise

Also, Joe Casey bringing back a classic Bronze Age character only to kill him off in the same issue, bad show I say, bad show

Why is she acting surprised that he enacted the idea she gave him?

Also is Funky Flashman an established character? I don't recall ever hearing of him.

>Also is Funky Flashman an established character? I don't recall ever hearing of him.
He's a Stan Lee expy and money grabbing scammer created by Kirby.

I'm willing to argue that all Lois did was propose and idea to Flashman. Utlimately it was up on him to have critically evaluate thed consequences of such an actions and unfortunately he failed in that regard.

Also this issue and the following are my favorite part of this run by far.

>By the way, this hologram gag...very creepy.
>Good.
I know wanna see a Joe Casey Batman series.

Awesome

This townspeople dialog is an absolute treat. It's everything I want and more. Superman's dialog though sometimes comes across as....off...throughout this series. It's weird.

Love the jab at modern costumes.

Livin the dream, Dr. Camel. Livin the dream.

Absolutely fantastic page.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that Casey started laying the foundations for this story in his first couple issues. Make the threat of the Hollow Men all the more real.

> Abbey Road
Nice
>Homaging Sue's "being raped by Dr. Light" face
less nice

oh shit, this came out a year BEFORE that happened in Identity Crisis

Awwwww fuck yeah! Dr. Camel is looking like he's ready to throw down!

Don't be afraid to use your nails boys.