There's going to be a Hanna Barbera cinematic universe starting in 2018 with a 3d CG Scooby Doo movie?

There's going to be a Hanna Barbera cinematic universe starting in 2018 with a 3d CG Scooby Doo movie?

I'm not talking those past 3d Scooby movies or those straight to dvd films...like a DCU or MCU verse.

Do you think they should be based on the new comics? What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U0Bjl2x1ZMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Captain Caveman movie when?

What is everyone's obsession with cinematic universes/shared continuity nowadays?

Simple.
Marvel did it and has made loads of money off of it.
so now it's the new, big "thing to do."

Captain Caveman going neanderthal on the Teen Angels.

So is this universe gonna be just the "gangs of teens with a talking ___" or will it actually feature Johnny Quest and Space Ghost and shit?

It's genius

It's basically the sequel formula except you can try out new IPs and then hook them with the other IPs

There are hundreds of properties to adapt and explore, concepts that they haven't bothered to touched and just because they see Marvel's being a success they want in?

It took 4 years and 5 movies for any sort of verse to be established. Each of those movies had to stand on their own and the jumping off point, Iron Man, is considered one of the greatest Superhero films of all time. I'm not a big fan of Marvel's verse, but it takes time. The way they're looking to do this is to expect people to go with the same concept automatically.

Scoob is the only interesting Hannah Barbara has. Really not interested in it inhabiting a shared universe.

That said I wouldn't mind them crossing over with Archie, investigating supernatural shit in Riverdale. Or for the Archie Comics' horror department to get a shot at a Scooby Doo comic.

Remember back when everyone and their mother used to think "what would happen if x character met y character? I bet that'd be fucking awesome" and there were millions of crossover fanfictions and shit everywhere? Companies are only now realizing that and finally deciding to bank on it.

>inb4 "yabba dabba marriage insurance"

Why do people like that pretentious bastardization of Flintstones again?

I'm not discouraging be it. I am however, arguing that they are taking the wrong approach to this. DC could have actually just used Dark Knight Rises as the jumping off point for the DC verse but for some reason or other they thought it would be better to start fresh again.

I mean, come on, they referred to Central City in Dark Knight.

DCs motto is one step forward two steps to the nearest hookers ass for blow. Hell that's most companies motto nowadays.

>We participated in a genocide, Barney.

Jonnhy Quest and Space Ghost are cool.

Batman vs Superman was one of the worst movies I've ever watched though. I don't know if this crossover thing makes good stories.

I'd rather see THIS Hanna Barbera universe develop instead.

Are people unaware that there already IS a Hanna-Barbera Universe?

That time Scooby and Shaggy set up a Ska battle between voodoo zombies and the Hex Girls. youtube.com/watch?v=U0Bjl2x1ZMw

Come to think of it Blue Falcon and Johnny Quest are both canon in Mystery Incoporated's original universe, a few others like Jabberjaw and Speed Buggy also showed up in a fever dream Scooby had so maybe they actually exist as well.

Studios ha've been doing this for seven decades though.

Hanna-Barbera themselves did it too! See

>Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles
>Grape Ape
>Squiddly Diddle
>Wacky Races
>The Jetsons

Yes, this will work cohesively

Didn't the Blue Falcon show up in Dexter's Lab too?

He did, and he had his own show.

Yeah, but that was mostly a case of Cartoon Network letting the showrunners dip into their Hannah Barbara library for jokes rather than any attempt at connecting the series. It's similar to episode where Johnny Brave met Scooby Doo or Billy and Mandy met Fred Flinstone.

The first three examples you listed are less likly to be made into feature films, due to how much less popular they are then the obvious ones (Yogi Bear, Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, The Jetsons, Wacky Races, Johnny Quest, etc.)
Squiddly Diddle wouldn't get a movie till deep into the third or fourth wave of movies at best, and hopefully by that point cinematic universes as we know them will be dead.

Nolan and Bale were primadonnas about it and said they'd only stay in the franchise if Nolan's trilogy was standalone.

Squiddly Diddly was one of their many Xeroxes of Yogi and like most of those Xeroxes his cartoons were boring. I have no idea why he'd get his own movie.

Could work if they used the superhero/human characters and marketed it toward kids

>Frankenstein Jr
>The Impossibles
>Space ghost
>Johnny Quest

Maybe Wacky Races or even the Jetsons but I don't know how you'd work in the likes of Huckleberry hound, Mr Jinx or Yogi.

They should've just adapted future quest.

I'd love to see the Yogi/Huck/Quick Draw show characters get another turn. I know they're not necessarily hip right now, but they're fun characters and I think they've been dealt a rough hand by their corporate handlers the last 20 years.

They don't understand that Marvel waited until the weekend after Iron Man came out and it did well and made a lot of money when they said they were making the MCU

The characters from the first three shows, Ruff n' Ready, Yogi Bear show and Quickdraw McGraw were great.

Crap like Peter Potomus and Touche Turtle can be forgotten.

Touché seems like he could be done well in the right hands. He's a turtle with a sword!

Also the Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel characters could be done well too.

>MCU
>DCEU
>Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe
>CoD Cinematic Universe
>Legendary Kaiju Cinematic Universe

Were the Secret Squirrel shorts from 2 Stupid Dogs any good? It's been a while.

Better than the source material

I really hope they keep it campy as fuck

And i hope they don't try to make realistic Scooby like in the old ones, make it look like what Scooby doo gang would actually look like if they were 3D characters

Don't forget Transformers.

Cod cinematic universe?

Call of Duty

I wonder if this will even get off the ground.

Sony also has the Valiant Cinematic Universe in development. Starting with Harbinger sometime this year (supposedly) and Bloodshot next year.

The OG
>Ruff n Ready

Huckleberry Hound show
>Huckleberry Hound
>Yogi, Boo Boo and Ranger Smith
>Pixie Dixie Mr Jinx

Quickdraw Mcgraw Show
>Quickdraw and Baba Looey
>Snooper and Blabber (recycled designs but the PI premise is cool)
>Augie Doggie and Daddy Doggie (kinda bland but passable)

Top cat's ok too. Snagglepuss just barely alright. Just about everything else isn't worth the time of day.

>nowadays

The moment Avengers became a blockbuster, every major movie studio is drooling at the opportunity to make a cinematic universe for themselves

`
Its even more hilarious when you consider WB is pretty much saying they are not confident in their DCEU so they are investing in a HBCU as well

Yogi had its chance

>Do you think they should be based on the new comics?

Scooby-Doo Apocalypse/Wacky Raceland is fucking horrible, and Flintstones only really works because it is its own thing. Doesn't help that the future lineup also looks really bad. The only thing that would be cool to adapt is Future Quest, because it would work way more as an actual show then a comic.

Loved those as a kid

What other HB franchises work in a shared universe with Scooby doo?

Johny Quest maybe, but wont it be odd that everything is realistic and theres this talking dog for no explicable reason. Unless they come up with some convoluted reason for how scooby doo can talk

>Snagglepuss just barely alright.

"Heavens to Murgatroyd! What horrible taste!"

"What you are saying is bullshit! Horseshit even!"

Jonny Quest really ought to be its own thing.

H-B has plenty of other talking dog characters, like Huckleberry Hound, Augie Doggie, and Astro, so throwing Scooby-Doo in with them wouldn't be too odd.

How's about Snagglepuss when he was a bad guy?

The entire Quick Draw show is some boss-ass shit. Michael Maltese was the main mind behind it and after he broke with Chuck Jones we learned who the real genius was.

Could be cool maybe possibly?

I've been on a big nostalgia kick for Hanna Barbera lately. I know most of it is pretty shitty, but it's got a charm to it.

Snagglepuss was just the beginning of the Yogi knockoffs. What was his premise anyway? He lives in a cave and sometimes a hunter chases him.

People only remember him for the faye Bert Lehr voice.

Still better than Wally Gator thought.

The idea that Quickdraw has an alter ego who hits people over the head with a guitar while shouting 'EEEEEL KABONG!' is pure genius.

WB is also involved in the Godzilla-Kong-verse and has plans for a King Arthur Universe. Not to mention the development of the Lego-verse.

>Scooby Doo (2018)
>Directed by James Wan.

H-B nostalgia kicks are always fun.

CREATIVITY IS DEAD

That ska is unironically good

We haven't gotten a Big G Cereals Cinematic Universe yet so we're fine

Even Disney is going on this bandwagon.

..What if Tangled,Frozen and Moana shared same universe?

>o you think they should be based on the new comics? What do you think?
no the comics are a horrible version not because the comic is bad but because its not really scooby doo

So that's where the Eco-goths screenshot is from. Cool.

this movie is king

remember when Sony tried to make their own CU based on spiderman villains?

Sounds up WWE films alley

was this confirmed?

also i remember flintstones episode where they did end up in the future, without meeting jetsons.

Not yet, maybe the film but as far as the comic goes Flintstones are prehistory.

>Hanna Barbera universe
>half the characters are just rip offs of each other

It's what people wanted at the time. Harvey Birdman did a few gags about it.

They hated the uncreative nature of it though.

>What's everyone obsession?

money money money money

Yogi's Ark Lark/Gang is so sad

why?

They could do something like Mystery Incorporated, with several groups of people unknowingly being guided and playing the same roles in the world.

Daws Butler's disinterested voice acting and the mangling of the character designs

wow, lego universe isnt enough?

>Do you think they should be based on the new comics? What do you think?

No because the shitty Hollywood writers will fucked it up and the general audience won't like it because of "Muh nostalgia" and the Adult Swim stoners will screach "Not muh Space Ghost/Birdman"

Marvel did it and it became a success for them and now everyone wants to do it too.

I just want a third movie with the original cast.
Even if they're old.

Impossibles Movie would be the shit.

Blue Falcon/Dynomutt too

everyone wants to make Avengers money