The last cartoon you watched gets a cutaway gag in Family Guy. What happens?

The last cartoon you watched gets a cutaway gag in Family Guy. What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Apps7WS-3KQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Rebels
Something something muh OT

>Static Shock
something something BLM Virgil gets shot by cops funniest family guy moment indeed

>"Wow! I haven't been this surprised since Quagmire found out he was Project GeeKeR!"
>cutaway of Quagmire making a body double of himself by blowing into his thumb like a balloon

>Loud House
Incest implications or contraception joke

>what happens?
I would get banned for talking about it on Sup Forums

>Gravity Falls.

honestly not sure. Any ideas?

>Spongebob
Probably a gay joke.

>Loud House

>Star vs
Either a joke about immigrants or the "that character died in a somewhat realistic way lol shock humor" punchline caused by a spell going wrong.

Incest joke or the cops show up and kill Stan.

I watched a Robot Chicken skit on youtube like five minutes ago. Does that count?
Because that would be some Inception tier shit.

A lot of Robot Chicken sketches feel like extended cutaway gags.

Star vs.

They make a joke about how star turned into a bug-monster and nobody talks about the implication of her being a rapist ready to plant boys with her eggs.

Okay Satan.

Last show I watched was Home: Tip and Oh on Netflix, it would probably be an racist joke against blacks or Tip getting brutally murdered by Oh or something./spoiler]

>Justice League Dark
>Boy this is wore than that time I had to come up with a plot resolution for DC's new animated movie
Cut Away to DC Animated Studios. Peter is standing in front of Bosses Desk
>So... everything gets fixed with magic?
>Peter: um...noooooooooo (sees bosses expression) eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss?
>Boss pauses
>Cut away to Peter sitting in the Bosses chair as the new head of DC Animation

man, this reminds of the that time I was a script writer on Justice League Dark
>Okay, so we got people going insane and seeing demons and killing people, an evil wizard, hell spawns, I think we're good.
>Peter, "How about a monster made entirely otu of crap"
>Who would want to see that?
>Yeah Griffin, you're pathetic
>Peter, "What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo."
>silence
>Ok, a monster made out of crap could work

>Hey Arnold
>Someone gets raped and it is played straight.

God do I loathe Family Guy

Some kind of edgy joke where Dipper gets murdered in the woods, then Peter looks into the camera and says something along the lines of "Oh yeah, this is what would happen in the real world. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble."
>mfw

>Peter drunkenly breaks the rift.
>"Oh, but when a little girl does it, everyone's cool, but when I do it, ya-"
>Passes out drunk as the apocalypse happens.

>op's picture happens
well...

>Over The Garden Wall
Some stupid coma/cancer joke just like Seth likes them!

Edgy and unfunny!

Peter who for whatever reason is now Max straight up molests gwen, and afterwards turns to the camera and states "The fans will get it."

Or Quagmire as Ben just saying alright after finding out Fourarms has 2 penises

I mean, that joke is played out, but it hasn't been worn to death on Family Guy like "hurr durr this is what would happen in reality" gags have. The worst part is that injecting dark reality into things can be pretty funny, but Family Guy does such a shitty job that it ruins the entire concept. Just like how they ruined overly long gags.

>injecting dark reality into things can be pretty funny

Name one successful example

.... help me out here, guys

What if the last cartoon I watched was Family Guy? Huh, Satan?

Nah, it was Regular Show. Weed lmao

This is just like the time I was a shapeshifting robot with alien friends

I mean, pic related kind of applies. Or that photoshopped strip of Harry Potter where the hogwarts express is a white van, which cuts to a black trash bag in the forest with his signature glasses on top. It wasn't hilarious, but it was alright.

Family Guy just has this oddly specific formula for these kinds of jokes that's just painfully unfunny. They usually attempt to oversimplify the story they're parodying in a belittling way, but fail to research it thoroughly, which ends up making the writers look like fucking idiots rather than what they're parodying. The worst is when Peter makes some deadpan comment to the camera, like we're supposed to be surprised by a 4th wall joke.

I don't know why this particular setup pisses me off so bad, but it actually gets me buttfrustrated. It's just so unfunny that I feel personally insulted.

How would you do such a joke?

Samurai Jack.

They make fun of the fact that he sounds like a black dude doing a generic ching chong asian voice. Like it's Cleveland in the audio booth, and he's doing slant eyes to get in character. He apologizes but the crew finds it appropriate to enhance Jack's totally cool asian-ness.

It would be some half asses, hypocritical commentary on the show. Probably something like
>Rigby and Mordecai are sitting on a couch
>They never move more than their mouths and eyes
>"Hey Rigby, wouldn't it be funny of weird stuff happened for no reason?"
>"You mean without having any kind of plot or meaning to the events partaking?"
>"Yeah, especially if there's no explanation for anything ever."
>"Would it be funny?"
>"Nah, it would just be weird for the sake of being weird."
>"This would be like, what, one episode?"
>"No, every episode."
>"Dude, that's brilliant. Pass the weed."

I feel dirty writing that.

>pretty cure 5
something about STDs

any Danny Boyle film (trainspotting, filth)
Any British comedy (blackader, red dwarf, father ted)
Bockjack Horseman
Rick and Morty
Breaking bad
I could go on...

>Bojack Horseman

FTFY

Kek

How would I do such a joke? I wouldn't.
>"Boy, this is even more fun than hanging out with my friend Samurai Jack!"
>Peter walks into room with a watermelon
>"Hey Jack, could you cut this up for me?
>"WAI SOHTANLY, PEETAH-SAN"
>Jack cuts it in half with a katana, while a stylized Chinese dragon appears in the background
>"Ah yes, it's a good thing all Japanese men are samurai who know kung fu. Nice to know that everyone's favorite cartoon does nothing to prevent stereotyping."
>Also, Jack is wearing Vietnamese farmer clothes because the writers don't know the difference between different asian countries

Yeah, but this is 2017, who's to say they won't get Hanzo's voice actor (or Genji's voice actor) to voice the Samurai instead of Phil LaMarr?

I'm surprised they haven't taken any shots at Bojack. I fully expect them to do a cutaway that's just vaguely similar characters exchanging brooding dialogue for no purpose but to be dark and edgy.

The show likes to boil down other shows into basic concepts that the writers can grasp, yet they always do it inaccurately. It's hard for jokes to be relateable if they're completely wrong.

Like that shitty cutaway about the Indonesian kickboxer, who looks Caribbean (Indonesians are extremely asian looking, despite being darker skinned) and has a matching but completely unfitting accent.

Like, why bother cracking a joke about a country if you literally know nothing about it? They might as well make a joke about Armenia and depict it as an Arab country full of women in Burkas.

>Like that shitty cutaway about the Indonesian kickboxer
The one where he's all legs?

Yes. I'm not even Indonesian, nor do I really give a shit about Indonesia, but something about just how blatantly wrong they were just pisses me off. There wasn't even really a joke, either. I don't expect every show to have Futurama level fact-checking, but Christ, Family Guy just makes Americans look painfully ignorant of the world.

Yeah, that "Agoose Banwatti" thing was all sorts of "Critical Research Failure" for me.

come on

What's wrong, Seth?

come on
come on

Yeah, MacFarlane should have just stuck to singing and acting, at least we would have to tolerate his unfunny garbage

*wouldn't

Oh. You're referencing the gag.

Okay, help me out here. What is the joke? What am I supposed to be amused by? Obviously no one could actually have that physique, but it's not really ridiculoud enough to be funny. Not in a cartoon, at least.
I didn't realize he was Krauss in Hellboy 2. I'll admit, he was good. Having dialogue written by good writers was instrumental to that, no doubt, but he's not entirelt talentless. Just not funny.

>Family Guy cutaway gag on Family Guy
WE MUST GO DEEPER

>Krauss in Hellboy 2

I noticed his voice right away, personally. Anyway, it also helps that MacFarlane is fluent in German.

I wouldn't know. I don't watch shit.

doubtful

pain

The last cartoon I watched was anime. So it'll just be a completely lazy speed racer type of parody.

Any cartoons that actually do a better job at parodying things?

>I tell ya, Lois, this is worse than the time I piloted Voltron.
>Black Lion, go!
>Red Lion, go!
>Green Lion, go!
>Blue Lion, go!
>Yellow Lion, go!
>Hey, guys, did I have to be the anus? I mean, I'm not saying I deserve to be the head, but did I have to be the-- *sigh* You know what, never mind, to hell with it: Brown Lion, go.

All of them do a better job than Family Guy, but I can't think of any that parody things well. Even Futurama struggled to parody anime accurately, while the Scooby Doo and Smurfs parodies were hollow and not very funny.

It just reeked of out of touch.

So, you're saying Futurama should never have been renewed?

youtube.com/watch?v=Apps7WS-3KQ

>Holocaust jokes

Why is this still allowed?

>Bob's Burgers
"This is worse than the time a show did better and still is than us"

give this man 15 seasons

It's been well over 22.3 years Herschel, get the yom kippur over it.

Season 1 episodes are on tonight

Do semi-animated docs count?

>Fillmore
>Peter gets chased by the cops for some reason
>"This is almost as bad as that time in middle school!"
>Fillmore and Ingrid start chasing young Peter, goes for a bit until he falls and does pic related
>also he says something racist to Fillmore or Vallejo or something dirty to Ingrid

K delivering the line to J already makes it gold.

>RWBY
>"This is almost as bad as that as that one time in high school."
>Some crappy hybrid of anime stereotypes and kids fighting monsters getting ripped to pieces.

The renewal had about a season's worth of good to great episodes. It also had enough awful episodes to demote Futurama from its previous position of being nearly flawless with few exceptions, which is too bad.
They've already taken shots at Bobs Burgers, about how Family Guy is carrying it, but it just felt pathetic. I don't watch Bobs Burgers but it has very good numbers and people respect it. Family Guy might have better numbers, for now, but it's universally despised and will be remembered for being the worst of 2010s adult animations.

Meanwhile, The Simpsons is still going on because of its ratings, despite the fact that it should have ended years ago.

It's so sad to what they're reduced to now. The constant celebrity guests who are just there so the characters can suck up to them and occasionally take toothless jabs that are meant to make the guest stars look like they have a sense of humor about themselves.

Pathetic. I hope Futurama stays dead so that won't happen. Billy West deserves better.

Codename: Kids Next Door

>Stewie builds a spare weapon out of scraps and wooden planks
>"Well it's not the best but it'll have to do. Huh, this reminds me of the time I was a Kids Next Door operative."
>probably a joke about how Nigel looks like Stewie or something gross I don't fucking know

>hear Futurama is coming back, get hype
>invite friend over to watch the revival
>first of the two episodes (the one where everyone dies) was meh, I don't even remember what happens other than that
>second episode starts with Zapp making a CSI Miami enhance joke, find it out of place
>actually go "dude WTF" at the end when it turns out he was keeping Leela hostage

It wasn't the best of get-togethers, desu.

Because family goy is written by Jews.

It used to be. Now it's just written by vaguely liberal college students with a tenuous grasp on comedy and no sense of comedic timing.

>China Illinois
Hey Brian this is worse than that time I enrolled in college
Hehehehehehe college is pointless because either a robot or an Indian is going to take away all the job opportunities

>Steven Universe
Just Steven doing his Steven thing and Peter leans over to one of the gems and asks "So is that kid retarded or something?"
But to be meta about it they'd probably have them respond with "aren't you?" and project the chart showing Peter being below the retardation line.

>There will never be full scans of this

Damn shame.

On the other hand, there must be cartoons that were of consistent quality and ended when they should have. Any in particular you can think of?

Oh look a black superhero I wonder why we never see any of them
>He gets shit by the police and the bad guy escapes
Look I'm in one of those sitcoms where the kids rule the house and the parents are nowhere to be seen
>Joke is they actually got abandoned by their parents
This is worse than that time I had to spend summer at my sister uncle cabin
>Cabin is a crackhead shed, Stan is a pedophile
>Hey kids do you want to see something scary
This is worse that the time I had to move under the sea
>SpongeBob bag with Peter drowning in the background

Scene of anythest strip dancing while pear sucks stevens murdercock 2.0

Okay, not counting the anime....

>"Boy, this is more confusing than the time lois >wanted to RP Star Vs, The Forces of Evil"
(cuts away to lois and peter in the bedroom with peter in a pretty princess Costume)
>"I uh...This wasn't what I was expecting."
>"Just go with it, peter."

I wasn't a huge fan of The Critic but it didn't wear out its welcome. I feel like Archer, Bobs Burgers, Rick and Morty and maybe some CN shows have yet to decrease substantially in quality. They can still end on a high note.

And I'm glad we got the good episodes out of the Futurama revival. It was worth shit like the Yo Gabba Gabba episode or that terrible subplot where Leela thinks Fry is only dating her for her appearance.

lips

Fear not, I may actually get around to it soon. Just have patience, and all will go according to plan.

>Adventure Time

PETER
Well, it can't be any worse than those two lesbians on Adventure Time.

(cut to Marceline and Princess Bubblegum having sex when Finn walks in on them)

FINN
Princess Bubblegum! Marceline's sucking your blood!

PB
No she's n-- [collapses on the floor from anaemia]

MARCELINE
What? I'm a vampire. It's what we do.

Quagmire gets into another sexual mishap.
"Man, this is even more awkward than when I fought the avatar!"
>Quagmire (now Zaheer) has a fight scene with poisoned Korra that's pretty much the same as the one on Laghima's peak but shorter and with worse animation.
>She passes out from the poison and Quagmire throws her over his shoulder.
>He goes behind a rock while you hear a zipper. "Giggity!"

>"This is more annoying than the time I was neighbours with Spongebob Squarepants."
>The doorbell to Spongebob's house rings and Spongebob opens the door. It's Peter dressed as Squidward.
>"Well if it isn't Peter! Hey Gaaaaaary, Peter's here for you! Have him back by 10, would ya, Peter? Ahahahaha!"
>Peter inhales deeply, exhales and continues, deadly serious.
>"So listen, if you're gonna have your little pink friend around how about you close all the windows so I can't see you guys doing each other in the butt. I do not condone of your lifestyle and I do not wish to see a display of it during my clarinet practice. If it happens again, I'm calling the authorities and getting you registered as a sex offender."
>Peter hands Spongebob a package.
>"Some more of your crap delivered my house. I opened it and I saw that it was a net which I can only assume you bring into your perverse lovemaking. If your snail shits on my lawn again, I'm gonna kill it. Have a nice day."
>Peter walks away , leaving Spongebob in stunned silence.

>Man, this was as pointless as my cameo on the Lucky Channel

>HIIIII, LUCKIES! Welcome to the Lucky Channel! Ohhhh my gosh, I can't believe it, but I've lost count on the episodes!
>Are you eyes that big, or is that some fucked up cosmetic thing?

Only post in this thread that could actually be a family guy gag

>Dragon Ball Super
>typical outdated animu "ha look how weird it is, lip sync lol" ((((((joke))))))

>Marceline sucking blood
I appreciate the critical research failure. Have PB fall in that "arm over back" pose that always gets used and it's perfectly characteristic of the show.

10/10

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
I can't even insult a funny show with Family Guy's cancer.

>SvTFoE
No idea 2bh

Same

>"I tell ya, Lois, this is worse than the time that I had to summon the Spirit Bomb!"
>Peter hovers in the sky with a spirit bomb over his head and dressed like Goku.
>"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
>From off-screen, the voice of his opponent is heard.
>"Just throw it already! It's big enough!"
>"Look, buddy, I think I know when it's big enough, it's my Spirit Bomb!"
>"You're gonna overcook it!"
>"I'm not gonna overcook it, I'm just-- Look, it's almost ready, so why don't you just--"
>"Look, I'm just saying that in the time it's taking us to have this conversation you could have thrown it and you could have vanquished me."
>"You wanna come up here? You wanna throw the Spirit Bomb?"
>"Maybe I will!"
>"Like hell you will, get your own!"
>"I would but I heard it's for nerds!"
>"Oh that is it, I will fight you to save the Earth, sir, but I will not float here and let you call me-- Oh, it's ready!"
>Peter throws the Spirit Bomb and destroys half of the Earth.
>"Yaaaay, we did it."

Fuck this is so accurate it hurts. You're either a great satirist or one of FG's shitty fucking writers. I can't tell which.

Maybe if the show was still in season 4, when they made jokes with punchlines and even comedic timing. But at this point it's just the show taking humorless jabs at things the writers personally dislike and just having unfitting darkness added to generally lighthearted things for the sake of shock humor, which wore off in at least 2010.

Just a very long gunpoint conversation with Count Spankulot. He confesses his deep and powerful perversions, while Stewie was only gonna kill him because he really hated getting spanked. Oddly enough they bond over their impractical lust and start finding people to spank together.

>Troll hunters

Something about peter getting easily angered by some "internet troll" on the internet and going to their house and spying and then shooting them.

>The 7D.
>Peter standing in a white void, saying "Yeah, we were gonna do a cutaway with this, but then we realized nobody actually watched that show so like, who would we be doing it for?"

It'd probably be a gangbang joke with seven dwarves, though. Dwarves may or may not be black.