Hans was set up

1. Trolls are evil. This is a fucking CONSTANT in Scandinavian folklore. Dwarves can go one way or the other, but trolls are NEVER legit.
2. Private moments, things no other characters see that Hans only does for himself that fit the "in love with Anna" side of the story. Goofy smile under the boat comes to mind.
3. Trolls are established as having impressive mind-altering magic.
4. "Get the fiancee out of the way and the whole thing will be fixed!"

So the trolls decided they wanted Anna to marry Kristoff and had to "get the fiancee out of the way" so they used their fucking troll magic to make Hans tell Anna he never loved her, that it was all a con. Hurt and vulnerable, she falls into Kristoff's arms. Easy-peasy.

What you think Sup Forums?

I think it's mostly just bad writing and the realization that after rewriting the script to make Elsa good, they needed an antagonist.

Sorry you're so dumb you misunderstand a movie for four year olds.

It's been four years. Your husbando was evil. The sooner you deal with thatthe sooner we can go back to hating more important things.

I'm curious how one can interpret "Get the fiancee out of the way and the whole thing will be fixed!" to mean anything else.

They had the motive, they had the means.

Just because you watched MatPat's film theory episode doesn't mean you need to make a thread about it.

So why did Hans save Elsa from the crossbow bolt?

It does not look good at all if a search party led by Hans assassinates the queen. That would likely cost him Anna's trust and possibly his head.

Yeah, it's not canon but yeah.
They wrote themselves into that one.

At least it leaves a very nicely shaped hole for the obligatory 'villain did nothing wrong and the side-goodguys where the real badguys' fanfic/novel to fill in.

Nah, I think Hans just really, really didn't love crazy. He found Anna attractive at first but her whimsical ayylmao recklessness just really got increasingly on his nerves, and the longer he spent in Anna's presence the more he started to dislike her.

It's actually even animated into the movie, at first his smiles look genuine but during the coronation ball and LIAOD his expression get progressively more astonished and then embarrassed, and by the time they're asking for Elsa's blessing he's clearly struggling to keep his expressions in check and his smiles look super forced. When Anna returns from the wild and demands he kiss her he finally even recoils in disgust at her brazenness.

It's a steady progress from sinking into her eyes and checking out her tits from when they first meet to despising her so much he takes delight in seeing her suffer.
Very nice attention to detail from Disney, honestly.

>search party led by Hans
Foreigners from Weselton, you mean. He could have arrested the two foreign assassins and delivered them to Anna, his hands were completely clean.

Also, Elsa set her snow monster on her own men and Hans, and Hans himself very nearly lost his own life, so they could have claimed self defense

If I am wearing my Helsa goggles, it can only be explained that somewhere, deep down, Hans did care for Elsa. He cared enough about Elsa's life to contradict his ultimate goal & cared about Elsa's soul enough to prevent her from crossing the moral event horizon by murdering someone.

However, Hans later had no problem with attempting to hack Elsa up. I think he was resolute when Anna returned dying at Elsa's hands. At that point, everything was too big for Elsa. Hans had no problem sharing how Anna was dying because of her to her, but I think that by having her know what damage she had caused was what let her accept that death is what she deserved.

First of all, you can not claim self defence after chasing someone down and shooting them with a crossbow. Secondly, Hans was in charge of the search party. If another foreigner murders the queen under his command, his hands will not look even a little bit clean.

Anna already went down on Hans. If Elsa died, she would fall into the arms of the closest loved one & be rushing to the altar.

What? No, no...

Did Hans shoot the arrow that theoretically would have killed Elsa? No. Did he try to take command of the situation when shit hit the ice? Yes, & he was quite successful in reaching out emotionally to Elsa. Hell, he is the first one in the whole dumb party to take initiative & organize a search effort!

Bullshit. Anna may be stupid, but she would not trust a man who goes after her sister with a party of armed men and returns with her head.

And how the fuck would anyone else know this? To everyone who wasn't there it will look like Hans had the queen murdered and then tried to pin the blame on two convenient outsiders.

>unrelated question

Why does Disney don't do male protags anymore?

>you can not claim self defence after chasing someone down and shooting them with a crossbow.
Right, but that was the two foreigners from Weselton acting under the Duke's direct orders. It's not on Hans in any way. The thing is that every single man in that search party, including Elsa's own men and the fiance of her own sister who never threatened her in any way got attacked by her creation, she saw it and did nothing to stop it, and they all almost died.
So most likely even if Elsa would have died, every single Arendelle man who was there would have sworn Hans did everything he could and the queen went crazy and it's the Weselton foreigners who are to blame. Anna might have been upset, but she wouldn't have blamed Hans. No-one would have blamed Hans. If he wanted Elsa dead, it would have been easiest and most convenient for him to just let her take an arrow to the back and die when there's witnesses swearing he had nothing to do with it.

>she would not trust a man who goes after her sister with a party of armed men and returns with her head.
Nah, she totally would. She's honestly that dumb. And besides, Hans was trying to find and rescue Anna who'd lost her horse and was presumed to be in trouble, and Elsa just attacked their party before she even listened why they were there.

Remember that Anna herself told Hans that Elsa cursed her to death and completely left out the "by accident" part. If Elsa died at the Ice Palace siege no-one would have blamed it on Hans.

Yes she would. Anna, as she is a retard, is very forgiving & understanding. If she was willing to ignore over a decade of family neglect when she found out it was about safety, why wouldn't she forgive her fiancée of leading a search party that had two members go rogue while battling a woman who is evidently a threat to life?

>And how the fuck would anyone else know this?
The rest of the search party, all local Arendelle men, would testify that Hans wasn't even there, bravely tried to reason with the Queen, and the Queen sent her snow monster to kill them all. Are you dense?

Hans did nothing wrong

He is pure and wonderful

>her whimsical ayylmao recklessness
>whimsical ayylmao
>ayylmao

Was there some point in the movie where she revealed she was an alien?

The local Arendelle men would only be able to testify that two of the foreigners in the group ran after and tried to murder the queen, then the third one came along and convinced her to lower her guard, allowing one of them to kill her.

Maybe she would, but do you think Hans would want to bet his life on that after having known her for just a few hours?

>Love doesn't discriminate
>Between the sinners
>And the saints
>It takes and it takes and it takes
>And we keep loving anyway
>We laugh and we cry
>And we break
>And we make our mistakes
>And if there's a reason I'm by her side
>When so many have tried
>Then I'm willing to wait for it
>I'm willing to
>Wait for it

Post Hans

Hans wanted her death to look accidental look at the scene again he looks up at the ice fixture and then acts. If Elsa died by accident no body question anything not even Anna.

I SAID POST HANS

*autistic danish screeching*

This is a girl who got engaged within hours of meeting him. She's retarded. Hans had her pegged from the get-go. Recall how "crazy" Hans was to propose to a girl he just met? It was a calculated risk to do something so rash, but Hans has the intuition to deduce such.

But it is far better to have a person to blame to be the lightningrod of attention.

Oh, OP... if only any of that were canon.

Hans was an asshole, but I want to see him redeemed and fall in love for real with Elsa in Frozen 2.

a valiant effort to make me hate this movie less.
i guess it succeeded, in that the amount i hate it now is lesser than the previous amount

The problem is that Hans's outright evil behavior after he reveals himself to Anna doesn't fit with his earlier benign behavior. He should have kissed Anna and then apologized after it failed and explained his real motive in a sincere manner rather than a taunting one. And he could still be sent away in disgrace after trying to kill Elsa.

But then the movie wouldn't have a proper villain.

Get off of Sup Forums Hans. That horseshit isn't going to shovel itself.

He wanted to get Elsa to unfreeze the land. He didn't know that she couldn't control shit. It's the first thing Hans asks Elsa to do when she wakes up. After Elsa says that she can't, he leaves the room and stops giving a shit about keeping her alive.

But it can be surmised that if Elsa died, the storm would die with her.

Hans will be redeemed.

No need for redemption, he is already good.

I smell horseshit.

Must be Hans again.

While I agree with you about OP, I think we have more than enough hate and love to share with everyone, at every opportunity.

Get off of Sup Forums Elsa and learn to run a damn kingdom, cunt.

>tfw four years later and you still absolutely adore this manipulative regal faggot

Reminder that they completely halted trade with Weasel Town at the end of the movie It's fully possible that the people of Weasel Town are struggling and possibly affected by Elsa's harsh, sudden winter. They may have heavily affected their trade, especially if Elsa gossiped about it with the other kingdoms. This action may have actually caused people in descend into poverty and possibly death.

Still would've been Hans spearheading the search. He'd be blamed by a grieving and irrational Anna. This way he can actually say I tried stoping them and have the two guards to back up said claims.

>abet an attempted coup by a foreign agent
So sad. Maybe you should've thought about your strategic position more carefully if all it takes to topple your country is a little bit of bad weather.

He tried to kill Elsa with a sword.
How do you explain that with the trolls?

Really, they should tell Weaseltown that they won't trade so long as the Duke is in power, rather than for the rest of time.

ELSAFAG GTFO

It's not the winter, it's the halt of commerce. All the kingdoms stop trading with Weasel town, all the peasants eventually die out or move.

Admittedly I saw this again on TV at 11:00 and wasn't paying much attention to anything else, but I thought it was fucked

To the extent that one can politically analyze Frozen. It is eminently reasonable that Elsa ripped up the proposed trade agreement brought by a head of state who directed his personal guard to use lethal force against her.

Yes, perhaps a more seasoned monarch would have, in a display of unrivaled magnanimity, "understood" that the Duke lost control of his zealous men, and elected to "renegotiate" the agreement then and there, while providing the Duke with a "ceremonial display" of her magical powers to celebrate the occasion. But it was her first week on the job.

Because "princesses" sell. No need to argue, that IS the reason.

I enjoyed the setting, plot and character designs but would've liked to have seen them better utilized overall. The tone that Han's intentions set vs the trolls, snowman and musical bits came off disjointed and all over the map. Rapunzel felt better balanced in humor with it's more 'darker' content.

But I'm not the audience they're aiming for so idk why I care. Maybe because movie stills like OP's image are much more interesting than the movie turned out to be.

OP in a nutshell.

/THREAD