Mark Hamill

Why didn’t his career take off like Harrison Ford’s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EL-VHe_4GmE
imdb.com/name/nm0000434/
imdb.com/name/nm0000148/
youtube.com/watch?v=LeT0CCQ1yqo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Harrison Ford is jewish

It’s because he’s secretly gay.

Because he is in no way the same caliber of actor as Harrison Ford. Mark Hamill is more of a character actor (at best) and Harrison Ford is what's known as a leading man. Big difference.

Did he want to make it big?

he's ugly

Cause he can't act and he sucks? Top of my head op.

That would not have held him back from anything.

1. Harrison Ford was already an established actor before Star Wars.
2. Car accident.

He is so much more talented, too. Best Joker ever.

Ford only plays one character. Guy who thinks he's too cool to be wherever he is.

Harrison Ford is a shit actor though.

I know what you mean but this sounds funny considering Mark was the leading man of the biggest movie saga ever.

Ford is jewish, do the math.

Kill yourself queer

Hamill has arguable done more. Ford was in 2 more series, and one no one liked and had a sequel this year

Ensemble cast. There was arguably no lead character in the original trilogy.

Harrison ford plays the character of Harrison ford in every movie you’re right, but i’m cool with it like i’m cool with Clint Eastwood always playing Clint Eastwood

This is the textbook definition of Leading Man.

they call it lead actor now user, don't be so hetero

Ford didnt exactly take off.
He had Indiana Jones and Han Solo so yeah in that way he was more famous than Hamill who just had Luke Skywalker.
Other than Indy and Han though Ford really only has Blade Runner to point to as another success, and Blade Runner didnt even really prove to be a classic until ten years after it came out.
Hamill meanwhile had pretty consistent work as a voice actor and i think its pretty fair to say his work as the voice of the Joker became the definitive portrayal of the character.

"Arguably" sure, but you would lose that argument.

youtu.be/EL-VHe_4GmE

>Harrison Ford was already an established actor before Star Wars.
No more than Mark Hamill was. Everyone in that movie was a nobody except for Peter Cushing and Alec Guinness, and maybe one other person that I can't recall.

Hamill spent too long on Broadway following Star Wars and missed any good roles. Though he apparently campaigned really hard to be Amadeus in the film adaptation. He had another decent hit movie, it’s called Corvette Summer.

>Best Joker ever.
>best quality is voicing a character, one of many, on a cartoon show twenty years ago where he never had to do any acting
gee, why is he not a superstar actor?

it's like the spacy dandy dude. I like your voice for the character, but u ain't no actor

>caliber
????

what do you mean? TALENT? No, Hamill is far more talented, his Joker is the best iteration (yes, better than Nicholson and ledger by a wide margin) and his voice work requires far more commitment to craft and pressures of performance than film acting which I would argue Ford is merely competent on the same level as Tom Cruise (actually Tommy has shown a small amount of more range but Ford's performance in The Fugitive probably blows all of Cruise' action man shit out of the water so I'd still call them equal)

Comparatively, Hamill is the better actor but he's not connected to Indy's hat and he didn't do a string of shitty tom clancy movies in the 80s-90s. Luke Skywalker isn't 'cool' like Han Solo, he's more of a cypher and you can see Hamill resenting the farmboy by the third movie. The stiffling 'good guy' role just wasn't letting him stretch his wings while Ford got Indy to reinforce his 'stoic cool man' image. Bad-ass Luke from Return is overshadowed by being tied up in the ewok camp, not facing either Jabba or Bobba Fett, not even really fighting the Emperor and literally having to have his dad save him while he begs. That's not Hamill's fault but the Luke typecast especially by the final film (plus his reconstructed face after the accident) made it hardest of all to move beyond SW. He did alright for himself, though, and his personal passion for cartoons and comics probably steered him away from shitty action flicks he'd have to slog through to get to Ford's status.

He probably didn't want to be a big name actor, and you can't say him acting in Star Wars proves that theory wrong because he, like everyone else, had no idea that it would become such a big hit and likely thought it wouldn't be. He's good enough to do whatever he wants. I see no reason to believe his career wasn't his own choice. He literally became a megastar when Star Wars came out but didn't stay that way. You can't say he didn't choose that.

Nice blog post. Why don't you calm the fuck down.

I think the motorcycle accident made him reclusive, self-conscious about not being the pretty boy he was.

Have a (You). He was Indiana Jones and Han Solo for four movies each. He was in Fugitive, Air Foce One, Witness, K-19: The Widowmaker, even appeared in Apocalypse Now. And a bunch of shit Hollywood movies, but he's BEEN in them.

Compare that to Mark Hamill who's been in exactly nothing.

Car accident between Episodes 4 and 5. That's why he went into voice acting, which turned out super lucrative for him.

and "The Conversation"

It did. He became one of the best voice actors ever

>why didn't he get more leading man roles and instead found success in voice acting

What alternate timeline are you from? Go back there and stay there, retard.

You call THIS nothing?!

What the fuck are you smoking, OP?

what fucking car accident you meme loving fucks

desu broadway is a lot better life than Hollywood. guy still gets the glory of his Luke role without the crash and burn.

Broadway takes a lot more talent than sucking a mean dick.

Hamil literally had the best career, lived off star wars then got the best job ever, voice actor with recurring gigs, hes comfy in a booth doing regular shows while Ford is getting dragged out every 2 years to do a big blockbuster.

Gtfo newfag

he didnt have another iconic role soon

Harrison Ford is literally the most successful leading man of all time, trumping Hanks, Cruise, Eddie Murphy.

kys you fucking alt righter

Why post if you know nothing about the topic

Jesus fucking christ.

its a free social network site you asshat

He was in American Graffiti and The Conversation before Star Wars.

And then promptly did Force 10 from Navarone and Indiana Jones.

Mark Hamill was never in a live action film prior to Star wars.

You do realize there were films (and leading men) before 1977, right?

>kys
>alt righter
Embarrassing

>asshat
Go back tourist

>Mark Hamill: 305 Credits.
imdb.com/name/nm0000434/

>Harrison Ford: 74 Credits.
imdb.com/name/nm0000148/

Seems like Hamill eclipsed Ford a long time ago.

You forgot Ford as Jack Ryan

Oh hi Mark

Who let this stupid nigger in?

>Ford didnt exactly take off.
>He had Indiana Jones and Han Solo so yeah in that way he was more famous than Hamill who just had Luke Skywalker.

American Graffiti, The Conversation , Force 10 from Navarone , Apocalypse Now , Witness , Working Girl, Jack Ryan movies, and so on

You do understand what the primary measurement of success is, RIGHT!?!?!

>its a free social network site

Guy also made tons of money doing voice work. The guy is one of the premier voice actors.

>Joker performance was matched/outdone by Troy Baker
Lol

Offspring were a mistake.

Engage in a mental exercise with me, user.

If you have 74 Blu-Rays, and they are almost all Criterion editions, and I have 305 DVDs which are mostly Lifetime movies, which one of us has a better collection?

>physical media

Me, because I can have an internet connection, gramps.

Where did you buy Lifetime movie DVD's? Asking for myself because I'm a big old faggot

Did he do the tree voice too?

So? They were both nobodies either way. Nobody went to see the original Star Wars thinking "oh boy Harrison Ford is in this."

Harrison Ford net worth: $230 million
Mark Hamill net worth: $6 million

dude must have spent too much on comic books

i mean i love him as "wide eyed", innocent and can do no wrong Luke QT3.14

but he's basically a short, ugly manlet.

thats probably why

I was trying to make a point, and you're acting like a little bitch right now.

Ford got stuck with endless franchises and reboots of franchises that make him so miserable that he's trying to get them all killed off.
Hamill got into voice acting and has hundreds of diverse credits, and is a charming person with a good working life.
I'd say Mark had it better.

Here is a (YOU) for you bitch.
I am legit triggered.

I’m sure he’s worth now that TFA is out and TLJ is almost out but yikes. But wasn’t he found going through the trash looking for cigarettes once?

came to post this.

>The Conversation
>American Graffiti
>nobodies
I have fucking youngfags.

American Graffiti has the 46 highest gross ever when taking inflation into account (made 125 million back in 1973). The conversation is viewed as a top 10 movie of the 1970s.

>yikes.
Go back.

*looks bored or confused in every role*
Definitely a high caliber of actor.

Voice actors don't get paid that much outside of simpson casts members

The car accident ruined his perfect features

And? Do you actually believe people went to see Star Wars because it had Harrison Ford in it?

>I have fucking youngfags.
I HAVE THEM, TOO!

>American Graffiti has the 46 highest gross ever

Not because Harrison ford was in it bro.

Maybe he just didn't want it and just settled into a comfy life of smaller roles and voice acting? I don't know enough to say either way.

Not saying he was a big star.

However he was well known in the movie side of hollywood - while mark hamill was a TV guy who never had been in a movie before and was a complete and utter unknown.

>voice acting
>he never had to do any acting
>voice ACTING
Have you ever heard an actor that doesn't voice act try to do it? Watch almost any Simpsons episode where a screen actor does a guest voice.

He played you like a violin, fellas.

Never said he was.

He was in some big movies as minor roles, while mark never been in a movie before. that a huge difference.

That's like saying Patrick Stewart is shit because he might not be a good ventriloquist.

He's shit at playing the flute

That's not even close to what I said. You (if you're the same guy I was talking to) literally said voice acting isn't acting, I assume because you think it doesn't require any skill (correct me if I'm wrong), but listen to non voice actors try to do it and it's not the same as a dedicated voice actor doing it.

haunting

Yeah nobody liked Indiana Jones

what the fuck happened

Yup.

He was in a car accident that disfigured his face. His facial injuries at the beginning of Empire were real.

I came here to post this
youtube.com/watch?v=LeT0CCQ1yqo

Yes but it was just too much.

A) I'm not him
B) Obviously I used ventriloquism because it's a trained theatrical skill, just not one regarded as highly as say, in my example, a classically trained Shakespearean trained actor.

Well then you simply misunderstood what I said.

WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST

>The accident made hamburger out of my face. It took a lot of special effects at the hospital to put it back together again. Part of one ear was used to rebuild my nose