What happens if I finish that bottle?

>What happens if I finish that bottle?
>Shouldn't I get back to work, Ma'am?

J U S T
U
S
T

That was cold, I would have given her the replicant D.

She sucked so much in that role. They should have cast a fat old dude that actually looked like a senior cop, as opposed to a bitch that looked like a retired lesbian fashion model.

Friend pointed this out to me.

She would make an excellent Boss from MGS3.

K is loyal to Joi. 2.5D > 3D

she could watch

K was an idiot.

If she gave him a direct order would he have to do it ?

>wanting to get replicant syphilis

The whole point of Joshi was that she wasn't a cynical, gruff, haggard "THE MAYOR'S BREATHING DOWN MY NECK!!!" stereotype. She actually cares about what she's doing, has principles, has empathy for K, etc. etc. When Luv threatens to kill Joshi unless she gives up K, there's no question that Joshi would NEVER betray him and thereby risk the societal collapse she was afraid of. Robin Wright plays the role with the appropriate earnestness and wide-eyed vulnerability.

DAMMIT K YOU'VE GONE OFF BASELINE FOR THE LAST TIME. TURN IN YOUR BADGE AND YOUR DRONE, NOW!
and your other drone

somebody JUST this picture up plz

At one point she really did ask him for his gun and badge. I nearly burst out laughing.

Was she a replicant too?

she was THIRSTY

>THANK MR WALLACE FOR YOUR TIME
;_;

>dude why isn't everything a decade old stereotype

Are you for real?

that's what I wondered too. We know the status of replicants is somewhere between person and object but the line is very blurry.

>Friend pointed this out to me
Sure.

I think she thought about that at first, but decided against it.

How many times have we meme'd this
I'm sure by 'friend' he meant Sup Forums

i'd imagine they don't have to obey unlawful orders or orders unrelated to their job, although it seemed like the point was that she didn't want to

Yeah, by "friend" I think he means himself. LOL

>Being attracted to garbage whore#3346 who wears a literal garbage bag with shit sewed into it who has probably had more dicks in her than digits in her manufacturing number
Plus the actress is super plain, meh face 0 tits no ass no thigh definition

N-no the movie broke new ground you just don't understand when it did something tired and cliche it was on purpose...or something

This movie is so fucking good bros

t b h i hope this never happens

>she wasn't a cynical, gruff, haggard "THE MAYOR'S BREATHING DOWN MY NECK!!!" stereotype.

Really, whiteknight?

Let's go over the stereotypes she covered.
>alcoholic
Check
>Cussing
Check
>talks "tough" with subordinates
Check

She was just a pathetic lesbian underwear model copy of M. Emmet Walsh as "Bryant" from the first one....except worse. Much, much worse.

Yes, but as a person with upright moral principles, it wouldn't have felt right because then she wouldn't have been giving K a choice therefore making it more rape than romance, which is NOT something she would have wanted

nah

>same stereotype is done in this movie, just with bitches instead that do it worse, and make it seem even dumber than it was before
Are you for real?

>Sup Forums
>not fawning and mewing over any given base bitch
Choose one.

Except it wasn't the same stereotype. She wasn't a screaming obese man trying to keep the hero from doing his job and stick to the rules because the DA was breathing down her neck.

She went into grey area and actually ordered him to kill a "miracle" because it would lead upheaval if it was found out.

I got a boner when I saw her, I always find prostitutes hot

((this))

or kinda, i felt that she was very robotic and cold, even more so than many of the Replicants. Didn't even flinch when she had that glass broken in her hand. But she still had empathy and cared for K and humanity , as you say, just not in 'heart on your sleeve' way. She recognised K's problems when he opend up. Her attitude is kinda like "life sucks" weather your a robot or not we all have our shit that we need to deal with, weather it is existential (which surly a lot of humans struggles with aswell) or just something else.

strong female character done right, not "muh badass action chick"

no she's human

>Be K
>Turn down your flesh boss
>Turn down LUV
>Disinterested in Hooker Bot With A Heart Of Gold

>Remain loyal to fucking Cortana

Has there ever been a bigger idiot in cinema history?

No, she was an alcoholic, screaming twiggy lesbian trying to get the hero to do his job because a pregnant replicant breaks all the rules and tears down all the walls.

It's the same shit, whiteknight....just done worse.

>no she's human
And a real hero too, for not flinching when a superhuman crushes her hand

I can't believe I lol'd at this post.

>He wouldn't stay loyal to Cortana
system 32 yourself, my bro

K is too pure for this world

The hooker was a human not a replicant my dude.

I was waiting for there to be a twist regarding the police station - in the novella one of the best sequences (and something that in neither fiilm) was when Deckard is arrested and processed at a police station, and the Blade Runner that works out of the precinct is interviewing Deckard and they slowly realize that the entire precinct is fake and staffed and managed by replicants and the Blade Runner gets extremely butthurt that he's been lied to for years and behaves in an extremely brutal manner towards the replicants - so much so that Deckard believes HE may be a replicant because of his lack of empathy. They run the test on each other and it turns out Deckard's fellow Blade Runner is a just a psychopath.

But the interrogation room/police station twist sequence was really well done in the novella.

nah

She was part of the replicant group.

Yeah, that's why she's in da resistance, looked funny at the horse figurine and her fellow hookers warned her about the blade runner

thanks ridley

If you think about it in the anime they show human allies to replicants. Marianette could actually be human desu we never see any confirmation on the contrary.

Is the book better than the movie?

Joi literally says "she's real" when trying to convince K to fuck her, did you all miss this part? Unless you all just assumed she meant real as in has a physical body which is plausible doesn't seem likely to me.

She says I want to be real for you.
Then she says "like a real girl" when he says that if the emanator gets broken it's the end of her

>alcoholic
She clearly wasn't. She enjoyed a drink with K, but didn't even finish it. Even K enjoyed a couple of drinks at the end of the day.
>Cussing
Cop. Seems to check out.
>Talks "tough" with subordinates
Actually, she was pretty damn calm with them and even kindly with K. The only reason she blows up at him at that point is that she actually cares for K despite K being a replicant. By word of law, she was supposed to have sent K to be retired, but she didn't and that's stressful by itself since doing so can cause a whole list of problems.
You have to remember that she's upset because she's doing something that she knows she's not supposed to do for reasons she's not supposed to have and doing so can put them both in danger. That's pretty stressful.
Or are you just autistic?

She asks him if he's going to check her eye and he tells her it depends on what model she is.

Uh...user...you might want to rewatch the movie...

She literally means she's real. Not an A.I. hologram. Just like K.

Goddamn, they even warn her at the beginning that K is a Blade Runner and she's a member of the Replicant Resistance.

She was a pleasure model replicant. He even jokes with her about it when they first meet.

Be honest, who here would pay her for sex?

Honestly, I'd be too beta to even fuck a hooker

>are you just autistic?
No, I just don't put bitches on a pedestal the way you beta whiteknights do and call them out when they suck at a role the way Wright did, and the chick that played "Luv", too.

We're done here, beta boy.

She and the other blond chick are just my type, not everybody wants thicc/fat for fucking.

nah

Jesus Christ user.

If you had told me years ago that Princess Buttercup woul eventually look more mannish than 70 percent of the traps in the world I'd have puked right in your face.

They clearly state that she's a replicant in her first scene.

You might want to rewatch the movie user...there about six different times they point out she a replicant

Why would you design such an average looking girl for a slut bot? I get the whole girl next door homely attractiveness but this chick literally looks like a slightly washed up hooker.

Emily Blunt?

She didn't say bottle, she was referring to the book which is about an unfinished poem.

literally a pointless character

also why didn't they just kill her at home instead of having 2 murders in the same police station in 2 days committed by the same person with no consequences because apparently nobody saw her or caught her on camera

Can't the resemblance tbqhwy.

>What happens if I finish that book?
...What?

They are nice and would take the lead unlike the average thot no matter how beta you are

It's not that. I literally wouldn't have the courage to ask a hooker to fuck me for money.

Kind of seemed like they were trying to start a war.

Wallace is the most powerful person in the world. He can do anything he wants.

except nobody knew who she was, as far as they knew she was just some random murderous replicant

She says "what happens when I finish this" while looking down at the bottle and the book, Pale Fire, that K was reading. Plebs think that she's talking about the drink, patricians know she's talking about the novel.

What if they came to you first like how they all walked up to K?

The words used in the base line tests came from that book too.

>also why didn't they just kill her at home
She needed access to the police computer to move the plot along

> instead of having 2 murders in the same police station in 2 days committed by the same person with no consequences because apparently nobody saw her or caught her on camera

LAPD vs Wallace right hand...hmm..

I'd still find a way to fuck it up

K would have fucked Stacy Keach. Fucked him hard.

>Plebs think that she's talking about the drink, patricians know she's talking about the novel

But she was drinking not having a reading session

What are you talking about user

>raised by a single mother to be so beta and submissive he can't even ask actual whores to give up the pussy

Just cull yourself already, for the sake of society, and take that cunt of a mother that made you so fucked up with you, "dude".

>y-y-you too
>joi alarm rings
>maggot protein falls out of pockets

I bet it would be different if you knew it wasn't a real person.
Of course then you are fucking a communal masturbatory aide.

Projecting, much

Remember that during the holiday season when your fucked up "family" wants to get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas. You should shit in a box and give it to your "mother" as a gift for raising you to be such a submissive bitch.

The only people that use "projecting" are morons trying to deflect an issue they know rings true.

Yes they did. Gosling wrote that baseline test scene and it originally went for around 20 minutes or something ridiculous like that.
The book is about an unfinished poem, it being unfinished is the crux of the story and what drives the "narrative" (so to speak) forward. So when she's looking at the book and saying "what will happen when I finish that" she's referring to the poem Pale Fire and what will happen to her. Pale Fire, as a title, is a reference to a Shakespeare line about how the moon is really just a pale image of the sun, which in BR2049 is a metaphor about how K (and all replicants and Joi) is viewed as a pale image of a person.

It's no coincidence that Pale Fire is there right on the counter and that she looks at it right at that moment she says those lines. Watch it again if you don't believe me.

>Pale Fire, as a title, is a reference to a Shakespeare line about how the moon is really just a pale image of the sun, which in BR2049 is a metaphor about how K (and all replicants and Joi) is viewed as a pale image of a person.

Jesus christ just how many layers are there to this film, each time I think I've heard everything I see something like this

A lot of people don't think so. I prefer the book, but they're different enough that both are worth experiencing.

DADOES is a terrible book.

Ah fuck me, now I have to watch it again.

and BR2049 is just a pale image of the original

thats already the book that cells interlinked is from

by having joi hold up the book, they're laying it on a little thick imo

Does anyone have a pic of this? The only place I can recall the book is in K's apartment.

Wallace has people in the department. I think it's implied that Avon Barksdale at the start was one of them. There were only four people in that room who knew about the pregnant replicant.

That scene was in K's Apartment.

Agreed, I'm not sure that gender really played an important role in her character. She was definitely interesting in the way that she approached her sense of duty and her empathy for K only seemed to stretch to the point where it started to endanger her mission.

But like she said, "we all just want to feel wanted" (or something along those lines).