Why do normies only like surface level "nerd" culture to use as an identity for themselves?

Why do normies only like surface level "nerd" culture to use as an identity for themselves?

>no DC
Why?

are both of them of davidian descent?

they want to belong to a group

>in-depth knowledge of selected hobby

autism much?

surface level nerd culture became pop culture once all the nerds influenced by these well known brands/characters grew up (by holding on to their childhood obsessions) and went into showbiz

>identity
Key word, and this Its social signalling. Just like you'd have a family coat of arms or a different standard in olden times, now people use nerd culture to signal their place in society.
Same shit, different day. Except that the modern equivalent is obnoxious and disingenuous.

>to use as an identity for themselves
Except they don't? Stop projecting so hard.

You know how in American Psycho, none of the people really cared about what brand they wore, what music they liked, or what they were eating, as long as what they did was mainstream and others saw it?

It's exactly like that. It's consumer culture where people with boring empty lives are trying to wear and flash what they consume to give the appearance of not being empty

What I say is fact.

Same reason for picture related

because normies hate DC. It's not "fun" and not disney-approved

>Except they don't?
Except they do.

They don't use it as an identity. A lot of the "normies" like some nerd culture that is socially acceptable such as superhero movies. But they're not autists so they don't go in mariana trench deep into comic book stuff.

That's so fucking embarrassing. Holy shit.

>when you hire an artist who doesn't know how to draw so he just traces everything directly from reference
>over emphasize and under emphasize certain facial features while in the process of making the appearance look smooth and pastel-like
>because you are tracing and selecting random facial features, each person looks out of place and deformed because you didn't account for each reference pic having its own light source

I'm not even an artist, but how genuinely dumb do you have to be to do this?

Normalfags should all just die.

>DUDE I'M NOT NORMAL LMAO

They use it as a means of attempting to relate to one another. People want nothing more than to fit in and be accepted into other packs and shit. This somehow comes across like they use it to identify themselves, when really it's them putting it out there to attract others.

Same reason why Facebook and Twitter are so popular, it's all very self-centric, it all revolves around amassing a group of people with which they can share their own views and opinions with.

>he says as he posts on the most normalfag infected board

>They use it as a means of attempting to relate to one another
Welcome to being a human being, literal sociopath.

>pic
Doesn't change anything.

>my brother still tries to talk to me about capeshit
Fucking hell.

DC is for fags and they aren't allowed to get married

>They don't use it as an identity
Since The Big Bang Theory, The Dark Knight and the MCU normalfags have been treating having an interesting in "geek culture" the same as declaring they are gay, bisexual, etc. It's just embarrassing really.

Holy shit I've been saying this for years.
Growing up most kids got picked on for liking the shit that's out now. So weird how things have changed.

Here's the thing though.

Are the new geeks normies? Like people born after say...1995?

Cos while a lot of normie cunts have hopped on the bandwagon the past decade or so, a bunch of kids were growing with geek being cool.

So have normies infested geekdom or are the new geeks normies?

I have this horrible feeling that losers have been left without an identity.

The artist is an uncle that draws for Marvel, no fucking joke

People like popular shit. Before the Dark Knight people liked Lord of the Rings, and before that the Matrix and before that Tim Burton's Batman. It's just that we're being inundated with superhero movies so they're the hot shit right now so every one is into superheroes. It's a fad that's eventually gonna pop and a new fad is gonna start.

>losers have been left without an identity

Oh there's still losers user.
>No job
>living at home
>no kind of social life
>being a fatass
>no ambition
>blaming others for their problems
The list goes on and on

Maybe they just like the movies?

Losers will always have the identity of being losers. Once you get a niche you're comfortable with it will be taken over, but the loser aspect will always remain. It's just how it is.

>Sup Forums has never embarrassed itsel

>It's a fad that's eventually gonna pop and a new fad is gonna start.

I genuinely can't see an end to this stream of superhero and "geek" trash. So much merchandised crap is being produced for "geek" tv shows and movies that they can't let it fall by the wayside otherwise they'd have mounds of unsellable crap.

>Once you get a niche you're comfortable with it will be taken over, but the loser aspect will always remain.

Kinda insane that something that you thought would be ignored forever, just exploded into the mainstream.

>best men are 3 manlets
LMAO

Because surface level is chic and fun, actual knowledge isn't.
How many "nerd" do you know that go
>oh I fucking LOVE NASA and space
but couldn't give a fuck when you try to describe what a nutation damper does or why the quaternion is better than euler angles/rodrigues parameters.

Being a surface level normie and knowledgeable autist will gain you the same social points. But actually knowing your shit requires you to be an autist for years. Yuck, that's no fun.

If Comic con had died like it should have back in the early 00s then this whole fiasco probably wouldn't have permeated the way it has now.

that was from r_thedonald though

Funnily enough I was at Comic Con today.

I was jealous of all the people who young enough to be born into the "geek is cool" era.

Still, it seems that there is money to be made fleecing "geeks" and geeks alike, judging by the funko crap and the "mystery boxes" being sold.

I'm not a sociopath, I just hate people. Not saying it's bad of them to do any of this shit either, I get it and all that. I'm just saying.

>oh I fucking LOVE NASA and space

This is what I hate about those types of people. They claim to "love science" but they wouldn't have been able to scrap a C in science class back in High School

>be one of the guys who reads capeshit
>see my capeshit get progressively worse because it needs to have "synergy" with the shit normies eat up even though they don't read capeshit
I didn't ask for this.

In the realms of geek tv/movie/anime anyone can be an expert with youtube, wikipedia and the internet generally.

>But actually knowing your shit requires you to be an autist for years.

Is rendered worthless.

Funko pop crap has to be the biggest waste of money ever, I don't see the appeal at all. I regularly go down to my LCS, there's two of them in my town, one is generally a nicely run small business but the other one feels tacky and catering to the LOL SUCH A GEEK XD crowd.

>tfw they used characters I actually liked in this shit

These people are the pol version of surface level nerds

Sad times friendo
I knew it was bad when they made Alan Scott gay

>redditors who came for the election = all of Sup Forums
"No"!

>Funko pops
They're like the mega blocks of figurine collecting. So they're especially suited for normies first collectables. I realise that sounds like me being a bitter nerd but fuck it, they took everything.

>Frodo is a groomsmen
>Not the ring-bearer

JUST

What's wrong with that pic?

Its pretty dank lol

TBBT fans wearing Flash or Green Lantern shirts make me ashamed of liking either of those.

I have few desu but I only get the ones that have meaning to me.

stop answering your own question if yer gunna ask people questions

dumbass

kek

this is all mainstream stuff not nerdy shit

Speaking of nerd junk, like I was passing by those stalls that sell those dai-something bedsheet covers with lewd anime girls and lewd anime figurines and seeing normies and geeks crowding round it.

Even our degeneracy is being sold to them.

Literally everyone these days wear superhero shirts with matching socks, fitted caps, and backpacks because it's the "in" thing to do. They look like fucking children

Consumerism is its most sincere form is always terrifying.

I don't like that normies know about hentai now.
It ruins it for me.
The internet was a mistake.

Internet was fine social media was the problem

Superman is married with a kid, Batman is getting married, aqua-dude is getting remarried too. And yet marvel literally has everyone divorced or seperated except for Luke and Jessica.

>sargoy of akuk
>giving redpills
did reddit make this image?

haha this image is so cute :3

where do I upvote this?

Type Sup Forums on his shirt.

>normie
>sargon
You can literally tell that whoever made this isn't from Sup Forums.
normie is the best shibboleth for telling apart outsiders because if you were actually from Sup Forums you would just say normalfag

what kind of fucked up chink clone system is he playing?

>Consumerism is its most sincere form is always terrifying.

It's funny cos my hipster friend (one of my very few friends), has only recently piqued on the rampart consumerism, especially in the geek (and hip hop) subcultures of today.

I think the thing that tipped him over was the fanbase of Rick and Morty once season 3 released.

Fanbases have always had their issues but it was always a group of weirdos in some corner of the internet. Rick and Morty however was some unholy mash of internet weirdos and normies AND celebrities jumping on the bandwagon, being retards with hordes of people.

That's definitely a Dendy.

I think it was inevitable once big money got involved.

>Americans

It's already obvious numbnuts.

wew

>Aqua Man is marrying Mera
Not at this rate while he's down in the Atlantis ghettos and probably going to fuck Dolphin while Mera is probably getting cucked by Garth. I'm kind of hoping Batman eases into retirement and just settles down and raises a family with Selina while letting the Batfamily take care of Gotham.

OY

I genuinely believe it's because of shows like the big bang theory that trivialised it and a bunch of people said "woah, I like video games and comics too, what a nerd I Am" and it kind if snowballed from there,

that's a man, baby

What are the chances that it's her fiancé's kid?

>/r/cringesingularity

I feel like setting fire to all my consoles.

post the groom now

>No riker
He's too good for them and i like that.

The way the media tricks people into thinking they are intelligent for taking part in consumerism needs some sort of name but what can well call this phenomenon? I wouldn't say The Big Bang Theory is the sole cause but the problems definitely stemmed from it a lot.

Maybe, i just wish didn't think so highly of myself back in the early 00s and just met up with the internet weirdos on forums.

because nerd culture has always been for manchildren, the only difference is that it is literally normal to an arrested development manchild now adays and not something abnormal

How do you think it smelled under that dress? I wish I knew

because if they went deep they wouldn't be normies would they

normies don't watch star trek.

>because if they went deep they wouldn't be normies would they

That question is redundant in this particular era

>Have normies infested geekdom or are the new geeks normies?

Juno as the best man-woman or whatever.

Lololololololololololololomololololomololok..etc

because IM SO NERDY XD isnt just a meme

wouldn't the hulk be angry he wasn't invited?

I'd say it was that combined with the start of capeshit movies really, fucking deadpool was getting substantially more popular within that time as well so a bunch of annoying faggots started spewing "chimmi changas" everytime they saw a poster or shirt.

Dude I'm fringe of society lol.

>fucking deadpool was getting substantially more popular
this and fucking Harley Quinn
Just look at the SS movie. What huge heap of shit that was and I'm a DC fan

Combination of both, a lot of it's for show and if you made a reference or inside joke about the common interest they probably wouldn't get it. It's not like your going to catch them reading the wikia articles on characters or anything.

jews aren't from tribes of Judah, theyre khazar converts

The Hulk is smiling. If he's happy, why is he the hulk?

Does Deadpool still like Betty White in the comics? Waypool was the last I'll ever touch since it really seemed like the cancer was starting to metastasize there that is apparent today.

Because he's about to smash

>Combination of both

Not only have we been relieved of an identity, now we'll never get any geek pussy cos there's better geek cock available.

Man, is it a BAD time to be a social outcast.