Steven Universe: Marathon Thread

Cartoon Network is showing every single episode of Steven Universe up until Steven's Dream.

It's times like these I wonder how many people still have cable and still put up with shit commercials

What episode are they on now?

Together Breakfast.

These early episodes are fucking jarring compared to everything recently.

STEVEN IM HUNGRAY

I think the show's at the point where they've had enough episodes for a lot of them to start to bleed together.

:( I miss when steven actually looked like a teen

Do you think they'll actually show Rose poofing to make Steven, PD getting shattered, and the Corruption Song happening?

> Will they show [cool & expected scene] in Steven Universe
no

This show was funnier in S1.

When did SU start to get bad, in your opinion?

Personally, I feel like the resolution of the Cluster kind of kickstarted its descent

bump

Do you mean the actual encounter or the entire arc? The cluster itself was definitely the first big disappointment. But even before the climax, they really started botching Lapis, and Peridot was obvious pandering.

SU is interesting in that case, because it started off kinda shitty and only gets better at random intervals. But since I'm gonna say that Peridot's redemption is where things started getting bad.

Bringing Jasper and Lapis back

This is clearly before the writers all went full gay, because Steven is actually showing romantic interest in Connie.

I think we're going to get some sort of twist on PD. I think it'll be revealed she was in support of the Rebellion, and asked Rose to shatter her, or something along that line.

They never present us with straight-forward information without twisting it later. Her "reveal" was way too upfront.

We on Buuble Buddies now.
And Lars is the jerk I remember.

What's everyone's favorite episode?

So everyone hates Onion, right? It's not just me?

What the fuck? They're doing this for what reason?

Regular Show's series finale, and the show ran a few years longer than Steven, was lead up to an all day Teen Titans marathon. Are you kidding?

mr. greg

On the run

>They're doing this for what reason?
New episodes are coming, and some people actually watch things on TV more than online, so it's helpful to catch up since it's been so long.

Last one out of beach city

Regular Show was getting bad ratings towards the end and it seemed like CN was trying to get rid of it as fast as possible. SU and TTG are the highest-rated shows on the network at the moment and it seems like they're trying to turn SU into a flagship of it's own right.

It was a fucking shitty move but that was most likely what happened.

Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem

>Regular Show was getting bad ratings towards the end
Every final season episode was getting shafted in different ways. The complete second half of the season had absolutely 0 promotion, and they aired 2 penultimate episodes on a Saturday at 12, there was no talk anywhere about it, not on any of their social media, nothing.

CN always uploads clips of episodes of what's coming in the current week, they uploaded clips of the 2 episodes but never said what day or time they're airing. They're supposed to do that and always have before. Since they didn't promote it on TV at all, that fucking Youtube description was the only official and direct source of information to get it from, and they still didn't put it there. This led to 3 things
>people asking in the comments when it aired, with other people commenting they had to check their guides
>Nielson company not recording the ratings for the 2 episodes because they didn't even know
>the ratings recorded are taken from a second hand company, presumably Time Warner related

Not to mention people not knowing what the fuck was going on in the series finale. Who's this big bad they're fighting? Who are these disc people? What was the endgame episode flashbacks flashing back to? Seriously, the fate of the series finale went back to those 2 important episodes that no one saw and no one knew what the fuck it was flashbacking too.

I know what a marathon practice is, but the majority of Steven Universe doesn't relate to this bomb, I've seen it. They should only be rerunning Diamond related episodes or something, it's pretty stand-alone, almost like a miniseries.

My point isn't directly targeted at SU, but rather CN doing a mega marathon for, honestly, hardly any reason aside from it being a marathon of a show since what I said above. In this case of catching up, it was extremely important for Regular Show. They didn't have to air the whole series, but they REALLY needed to air the final season to catch up.

Well I meant that RS had been getting bad ratings for like its last few seasons. CN absolutely treated it like dogshit, inexcusably so, but that's probably why they did it.

The whole upper system at CN seems royally fucked right now for whatever reason, they're running the network in general quite poorly.

>My point isn't directly targeted at SU, but rather CN doing a mega marathon for, honestly, hardly any reason aside from it being a marathon of a show since what I said above.

What I think why they're doing this is because they realized they screwed up when they accidentally released every bomb episode online, so they're doing a marathon of every single episode of SU as an 'sorry basket' for the fandom.

I just can't get the whole releasing shit onto their app out of the blue.
It might be making more money, I just have no idea.

and people complain CN treats SU like shit.

Internet streaming services is slowly taking over television.

It was the end of Peridot's redemption where the show started losing focus. Wouldn't say bad, though.

To be fair they did for a while, with massive gaps in airing, little to no reruns, virtually no merchandise, and nearly no communication with the staff or viewerbase.

It seems like they've changed their tune now that it's getting high viewership and the merchandise has been selling like crazy.

Yea, I remember seeing a few threads about how "what the fuck? they're showing reruns in blocks so i can't record each individual episode!" or some shit. Like at least you get reruns?

bump

Was Space Race the episode people started disliking Pearl?

Well it was the episode where I dropped it.

Am I the only one who still enjoys most of Season 1?

That lovecraftian/dead space nightmare one where Garnet and Steven discover the spliced gems underneath the kindergarten. Then the big mix tries to rip itself apart leading to the glowing silhouettes of nearly a dozen tortured gems trying to scream without mouths before pulling back together into a beast of arms and legs.

That fucked with me more than most horror movies.

Fuck off with these shitty marathons, where the heck is Teen Titans Go?

They still are, they released the entire marathon airing this week on their app like three weeks ago.

>he thinks teen titans go is better than SU

I can understand liking the original Teen Titans, that was pure kino, but fucking Go?

Being treated like shit is the mark of a quality cartoon nowadays. Young Justice was cancelled, Korra was forced off air to make room for Spongebob reruns, Steven Universe is being confined to short marathon bursts with little marketing... unless its on Adult Swim or FX its going to struggle.

They did the same for AT and Gumball and you don't see them punching their vagina.

Yeah I do.

No, you fucking don't. No Gum fag or Adventure fag complained.

Friend Ship

Yeah they did

I can't believe how much Steven Universe fags complain, jesus FUCK.

Like, this is the first marathon of a show aside from TTG in forever, stop crying about how it "might" be a "we're sorry for the early upload you babies" act, and just enjoy it. It's like the whole fucking series anyway, more than shows that need reruns more have gotten in years.

Stop crying about the "leak" too, like fuck it's happened before with other shows AND this one, and it'll happen again (unless CN tries to cater to your ever crying demands)

The leaks bother me, so I just avoid the threads until I see the episodes since no one on Sup Forums seems to know how to spoiler anymore.

I miss real time reaction and discussions to new episodes.

But this is nothing new, CN has been shit at keeping their shows from leaking early online since season 2 of Adventure Time, or maybe even earlier.

Earthlings or and please don't hate me for this the first half of Say Uncle.

>'Don't worry'
>looks directly into the camera
>'None of this is canon'

Onion friends is the only bad onion episode, everything else is good to mediocre.

To be fair, the scheduling for new episodes is pretty terrible on occasion, and this is ignoring leaking episodes again and again.

It's more the fact that this is their most popular show that isn't a remake show.

>hating Pearl

People do this? I feel the combination of straight man and occasional extreme pettiness makes her amusing as a character.

Nope, I enjoy it too.

It's the best transformers cartoon in a long time, of course we're going to be mad when shit goes down.

>Sucrose is such a hack fraud she straight up ripped character designs from Utena and lazily made them into her own shitty characters

There was something of Lapis too I think?

the sardonyx arc

1) The Test
2) Jailbreak
3) Earthlings

>Cartoon Network is showing every single episode of Steven Universe up until Steven's Dream.

Bullshit. They're stopping at "On the Run" today, and tomorrow they just have three hours of specially selected eps from 4 to 7 PM Eastern time.

I enjoy Season 1, but it's just so different from current SU that it feels like a different show.

You could say the same thing for a ton of different shows really.

Season 1 totally convinced me that the Crystal Gems were actually evil, and that Steven would ultimately destroy them.

>The Test
my nigga

I miss things being magic instead of technology

Season 1 is the only season I really like.

dudesame
u
d
e
s
a
m
e

They're magic technology.

The main things I miss from season 1 are Steven's deeper voice before Zach felt the need to falsetto it, and, weirdly enough, the scenes where it felt like Steven was just chilling with Greg or Amethyst or w/e without it being an obvious lead-in to some drama or plot thing, with the comfy music playing

Wasn't there hints early on that they were actually aliens? I remember people theorizing they were aliens after Arcade Mania aired.

>This world
It was pretty obvious.

Yea boooii

Steven's voice from season 1 sounds so fake to me. Like its a person trying to pretend like they have a pre-teen's voice. Steven's current voice is more natural, however Steven's obnoxious crying and shit ruins it.

steven's voice has gotten worse and more annoying

Say Uncle

Is there any stream of this shit or no?

Amethyst kills a hobo.

three ,but: Political Power/The Return/Jail Break

>Connie will never give you a footjob

>Rose turning into Steven
no
>PD getting shattered
we might learn some more about it
>Corruption Song
We already saw that shit bro