Why do they always get English actresses/actors to play American roles? Are they more talented...

Why do they always get English actresses/actors to play American roles? Are they more talented? It seems like it would be more effort to get an English and have them work on an accent than to just get an American

Are there American actors that go to UK put on an accent and become stars over there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UExcdWxmev8
twitter.com/rahulkohli13/status/583072098328784896?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Superior actors
Cheaper
More attractive

They go naked without complaining.

Because they're whores.

she is now even that pretty why do I like her?

English Actors
>trained classically and typically work through a stage career when starting at a young age

American actors
>mouseketeers who get sent to casting couch

Say what you like about questionable American accents on British actors (Le Sansa Stark Girl in XMen Apocalypse comes to mind) but there has NEVER been a good bri'ish accent out of the mouth of a yank. Elleeo Gavnaaah faeency a puoint?

fucking burned ... ouch

Harvey had a taste for the classically trained. Theater folk know the score.

The only one I can think of is Frodo, his accent was flawless.

Not true.

Johnny Depp in POTC and Lithgow playing Churchill in The Crown.

err.... Idris Elba in Luthor.
get wrecked!!!

It really wasnt. Go back and watch.

provide examples

Who cares m8? English or American we are all the same

gam of thrones

>or American we are all the same

>oooo helleau mai name is tyrayon lennistah

Sure mate

Why would an American do a British accent? The world copies us, we don't copy them. Why the fuck would we lol

this, and im an american

>The world copies us, we don't copy them
cletus pls youre embarrassing your nation again

Itch-this Elbow is British. The USA didn't have a monopoly on exporting nignogs from 'Frica you know, we have plenty of them in London. Too many actually.

I accept this as a fact of life. The USA is the world police, everyone absorbs their culture. Not a lot of people absorb British culture - the Irish and maybe Aus / NZ / white South Africans to some extent.

Proofs? I only saw them a looooong time ago and don't remember thinking about the accents at all.

Lmao reminded me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=UExcdWxmev8

Harvey is a gatekeeper, skills don't matter, you either good or bad, if you suck his dick you get the role

Because nothing of worth has ever come from America.

This is a political board now, mods ban this fuck and delete this thread

Always dounded like someone faking a brit accent.

Are you retarded?

Because he's from London you fucking idiot. He is infact nationally English.

Because it's easier making an American accent. English is not my first language and I speak with what resembles more of an American accent and i cannot do a British accent no matter how hard I try. I can only use it in short expressions in a mocking way like most people do, but not have a conversation with the accent. The British way of taking is something that you need to use from a young age to truly master it, or if you're very talented and can fake it

But he admitted it was fake here:
twitter.com/rahulkohli13/status/583072098328784896?lang=en

Brits consume American media from a young age so mimicking the accent is easy. Also the whole classical theatrical training in Britain is big so some will have more respect than some yank from a hick town. Also the English accent is generally advantageous in the states, people associate it with intelligence so I bet there's a subconscious thing going on when they're casting.

Bridget Jones accent was pretty flawless... But mostly Americans sound as bad as Tom Cruise in Far and Away

if Hollywood can cast black or Mexican actors very every fuckin traditionally white character then why not brits as yanks...fuck it, while we're at it let's get a Russian to play zorro in the new remake

Chris Pratt can do a decent Essex accent. I think most actors suck at copying other accents though. You can always tell with certain words anyway.

It's like everything else Americans do, half-assed. When skills and talent matter, foreigners are brought in whether it's in the arts or the sciences. Americans are too busy dicking around with Bible studies, acting "cool," and being "productive," wherein, they take more time to do the same job that qualified euros would do. Americans just can't get that same level of educational attainment regardless of the field. With acting, there isn't such a need for permanent residency as there is for other jobs so they can just go back to their home when the job is done.

They are cheap to hire, thats why.

So you are a retard then.

Anthony Stewart Head used to ask James Marsters what part of England Spike was from, because his accent was all over the place... personally, I thought Marsters was British, his natural voice on Smallville seemed forced.

British actors are so far above American, that watching the Oscars is nothing short of comedy for anyone not from America. That actors like Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter & Tom Hardy have never won an Oscar compounds the joke...

I remember reading somewhere that Idris Elba's Baltimore accent was surprisingly authentic in The Wire for a lot of viewers.

Just not retarded enough to believe everything that gets posted on Sup Forums.

well he IS black so hes halfway there

Are you fucking kidding me? BJ's accent stands out as one of the worst ever

>Joke's on you I was only pretending to be retarded

Yeah okay son

And the only time it's ever pulled off decently is if it's the borderline RP "oh goodness, blimey chums" accent that literally noone actually speaks in outside of the Queen

Same with Sam. Having watched LoTR as a kid and having no idea who Sean Astin was I thought he was Bristolian for years.

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

>more attractive

That would be the french.

They're trained properly in rigorous schools and all have to do Shakespeare, yanks are miles behind with their muh method bullshit.

All the money in show business is in America, why the fuck would anyone want to become a star in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter. Anyone worth a shit here (Australia) fucks off to Hollywood as soon as they can

It was fairly inconstant, as in his real accent would bleed out in subtle ways. I've found that to be the case for most British actors doing any kind of American accent. If you nit pick enough, no one can really perfect an accent that isn't their original

>Are they more talented?

Yes. Vastly better looking than their American counterparts too.

>one french actress compared to about a million british working in hollywood

lmao.

I bet you thought Bob Hoskins was an American, or that Christian Bale is too.

>Chris Pratt can do a decent Essex accent

lmao when the fuck was this?