Spider-Man 1 = Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 3 (Editor's Cut) > TASM 1 > Homecoming > TASM 2

Spider-Man 1 = Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 3 (Editor's Cut) > TASM 1 > Homecoming > TASM 2

Prove me wrong

Protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2JLOSQAFYDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With white power, comes white responsibility

homecoming was the best, i hav no idea what your pic means

Okay Tyrone

someone else posted this yesterday

Underage

Any others images with this template?

>if you are nothing without the suit then you shouldn't have it

Speech ∞

That actually worked well.

>Literally just a UAV suit showed up to save Peter's life
>Peter thinks that if Tony can half ass it, so can he.
>Peter half asses and the boat sinks, Tony even said that the FBI knew all about what was going on because of him.
>Peter thinks the suit is empty again
>Tony is actually in the suit and proves a point that you shouldn't half ass it, and that his absence was one of necessity and not choice

Tony was literally saying if you aren't going to do good things even when they are inconvenient, or won't listen to sound advice then you shouldn't be allowed to wield great power because you are not ready for that responsibility.

Daily reminder ;^)

youtu.be/2JLOSQAFYDA

I actually thought Electro was a great villain. Imagine what Raimi could have done with him.

This.

deep

and faggots say Sup Forums has gone to shit

The Vulture was the best villain along with Doctor Octavius.

Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man: Homecoming > Spider-Man 1, > The Amazing Spider-Man 1 & that's it, there were no other Spider-Man movies.

Tobey: Great as Peter, Weak as Spider-Man
Andrew: Bad as Peter, Great as Spider-Man
Tom: Perfect as Peter Parker & Spider-Man too. He got both of them right.

Sup Forums is full of assholes who'll never stop on sucking Raimi's balls.

I agree. The reveal with him was outstanding, and he was perfectly sympathetic even without the family angle. Both had great motivations, great actors, and great design. They easily were the best parts of their respective films. I want to say that although Ock was more relatable in his misery, Falcon was a better character due to the way he was capped off. Ock just talking to his arms again and then walking into the Hudson with the sun was... Odd. Even though Falcon tried to kill Peter, and almost did, I still wanted to see him pull off the job.

Should I watch Homecoming if I loved Spider-man 1 and 2? Problem with it is that it looks to me like another marvel flick, I haven't watched a marvel feature in half a decade, I can't bring myself to do it because they just look like products to me, not real films.

Yes. It's actually very funny. Peter tries to bleach multiple brown girls. I actually gave a shit about the film because they clearly lifted from Ultimate Spider-Man. That was a good move on their part.

Homecoming had the best rendition of Vulture in the media (maybe, aside from 90-ies Spiderman)

That makes homecoming a little bit better.

I didn't expect to like another Spider-Man movie as much as I like Spider-Man 2 but Homecoming did it for me. Great portrayal of Peter/Spider-Man & Vulture - who is one of the best villains in the MCU, if not, the best - depends if you like Loki as a villain or not.

This. They convey the message in a new take without blatantly spelling it out to the audience. They could have just said the line and had Ben be killed yet again but that story has already been told fairly recently so they needed to mix shit up and it works.
At first people were bitching about having to go through his origin again and when they found a way to not do so they're mad that it's not the same.

Toby is the better Parker, the Queenstwink makes a better Spiderman though. Garfield's portrayals should be forgotten.

My father was a comic guy and he asked me about this new spiderman movie. How is it honestly?

I still don't like how Tony game him the suit. This iteration of Spiderman is tainted because of that. Even IF he makes his own suit, it will be influenced by, and inferior, than the suit Tony probably crapped out in a few hours.

Ultimate Spider-man feels somewhat underrated, I think it's the definitive take on the character for our generation.

He will like it. I can honestly say they did a better job of Spider-Man with this than the other films. As others have said, Toby was a better Peter but the new kid is a better Spider-Man. He has some good acting chops too. Unlike in 2 where I knew he would die to Ock on the train, there is a scene in this that you can be tricked into thinking they might actually kill Peter. Emotional investment is good. If he liked Spider-Man 2, he will like this just as much, possibly more due to the additional comedy (not quips) and better Spider-Man.

I'd say

Spider-Man 2.5 > Spider-Man 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Everything else.

The first two Raimi Spider-Man movies are the best capeshit in existence, right next to Iron Man 1.

That tumblr gif looks so much better than the actual movie

I was a bit worried about the tech before I saw the movie but honestly it's very superficial and doesn't really change much at the core of the character. Tech is basically what defines the MCU at this point so it would be weird to have Spider-Man completely ignoring all of that, and like the movie proved they're not just making him Iron Man 2.0.

I am wishy-washy on it. Mainly because Homecoming sets it up as a thing Peter can do without and wants to do without by the end of the film. I like that, since Peter in the comics is his own inventor, tinkerer, etc. But from what we have seen in leaks from Infinity War he is wearing the fucking suit.

Agreed. I was so happy that they basically brought him back for the crossover event last year. This is why I get mad at people thinking Peter needs powerups. His character is all about the rejection of undue power, the metered responsibility of his own abilities. He fucking tried to take down Doom (while Doom was canonically the strongest character of all time in any continuity).

I see...thanks. Yeah he liked the Tobey Spiderman trilogy aside the fact he told me Peter was never able to throw spider webs of his own in the comics but he had some mechanism in the wristles.

>very superficial and doesn't really change much at the core of the character.
see >Peter in the comics is his own inventor, tinkerer, etc
Kinda detracts from him as a character if he's not even using his own tech, and like I said, any suit he does make will be inferior knock off of Tony's

That is the case. They go back to the self-made webshooters in this.

The Vulture is basically just the Goblin, though. Both feel slighted by the government and their board of directors/tony stark, so they go rogue, put on robot suits and decide to get even. The motivation is pretty much identical. Only difference is Osborne is a rich business guy and Toomes is blue color (but still very rich).

>there is a scene in this that you can be tricked into thinking they might actually kill Peter
what?

Hang him from a tree?

True, but they've already established the fact that he can make his own tech and suit before he met Tony. They didn't change his character, they're just bringing him into the MCU in a way that makes sense. I mean Tobey's Spider-Man never actually did any tinkering in that iteration and people love those movies.

It will be inferior, sure, but this is a pretty common point in the comics. Tony could make a suit for Captain America but Captain America doesn't want one because he is self-reliant. Same goes for nearly every one. Despite working as a team, very few want to actually feel like they owe something to Tony. Peter just wants to do his own thing. It works even better in this too because we have this dual idol thing going on. Tony is the new hero, the new values, the new ideals. Captain America is the old ones. Peter idolizes both, but eventually goes back to Captain America.

Vulture cave-in. English kid did a great job of emoting and being vulnerable. He went from being Spider-Man to just a teenager who thought he was going to die.

It felt flat to me. I know he's not going to die. And then they had that corny bit with Tony appearing in the puddle to reiterate his version of the Uncle Ben line. The car scene was easily the best in the movie and far more tense than anything else.

>Spider-Man 1 > Homecoming > TASM 2 > Spider-Man 2 > TASM 1 > Spider-Man 3 (Theatrical)

That's... an interesting ranking.

Which one? There is four or five, lol

>TASM 2 over anything
t. accident

nigga just turn up the contrast on your tv

shaking my head at you brainlets

>TASM2

WTF. Why?

Is the Spider-Man 3 editor's cut actually an improvement?

Doesn't matter. Nothing will ever fix the third act clusterfuck.

The scene between Peter and Vulture on the way to Prom. The stuff with Tony and Favreau is just for jokes.

you are mentally ill, seek help.

TASM 2 has much better action than homecoming. It didn't come together as a story as well as Homecoming did but man the bad cg and the campy marvel quips in homecoming really ruined it for me.

Bullshit. An actually extended version would fix it, but Sony half-assed it as much as they could.

>editor's cut
IT WAS THAN THE THEATRICAL, YOU CUNT

boxoffice say otherwise

They need to recast Venom and cut Sandman.

*WORSE

A few reasons. Thought Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone did excellently together. Thought the music was awesome.
Besides the teeth thing I thought Electro was cool.

Honestly besides the the characterisation of Green Goblin, which was absolutely fucking atrocious, and Sony trying to shove as many sequel-crumbs as possible into one movie, I thought the rest was great. The first scene (not the plane bit with his parents, the car-chase scene) felt more like Spider-Man than any other scene in any Spider-Man movie.

The two bits that I truly loved, though, were with that kid that Spider-Man inspires. That moment when he simply jumps down and tells the bullies to back off and encourages the kid to work on his science project, and then the very last scene where he tells the kid to go look after his mother while Spider-Man handles the Rhino. That's actual fucking superhero stuff there, and I haven't seen shit like that on the big screen since 1978's Superman (which, granted, I saw in 1995, but my point stands).

How come none of the other movies are as memorable as the OT?

Because you saw them when you were a kid when movies were magic.

>The first two Raimi Spider-Man movies are the best capeshit in existence, right next to Iron Man 1.
>I haven't seen Reeve's Superman 1, batman begins, the dark Knight, captain America 1/2/3 and Logan

Because Raimi's movies were the first you saw. My kids & their friends don't really like Raimi's movies & or those with Andrew. They only like the MCU & Homecoming is their favorite spider-Man movie. I also like Homecoming, it was a good comeback for Spidey but it's my second favorite after Spider-Man 2.

Because they aren't very good movies. The Amazings were plain shit and Homecoming is too wrapped up in the MCU to include anything that would make it stand on it's own.

You people genuinely confuse me. I thought Homecoming was one of the worst marvel films. It was just awful. Boring, predictable, bad visuals. Only decent thing was the villain

Homecoming is a great comeback for Spider-Man and he's finally where he belongs, the MCU. Tom is great as Peter and Spider-Man & Keaton is the best Spider-Man villain along with Doctor Octopus from Spider-Man 2. You are one of those who can't accept new things and is stuck to the past. Just because you watched those movies in a young ag are special to you but it doesn't make them great.

retards, because Raimi is actually a good director. Like what neckbeards like about Edgar Wright, but actually talented. His camerawork is great. Every shot is stylized so that you can imagine it being a comic book, with the close-ups, framing, etc but then it also has things that are exclusive to movies, like fast camera pans, and focus switch (from foreground to background, etc). Raimi added the perfect amount of realism and drama to subject matter that is meant to be silly and embraced that with the comedic elements. He obviously cared about the presentation a lot, shooting on film is always great, and you can see the authenticity of NYC, the costumes, everything.

it's just fucking perfect because Raimi is a great director

Why is Keaton a stand out villain? His only good scene is when he's threatening Peter. He's certainly better than the standard MCU baddie, but he's hardly a game changer.

I think the CGI background further drove the point home
it doesn't matter if you're in a real city or just a simulation, the responsibility is the same

I don't really give a shit about how accurate the characterization is, as I'm not a fan of Spider-Man outside of the Raimi films. How does it hold up as a film? I feel like Spider-Man 1 and 2 are good films, is homecoming just good because it gets the character right or is there more to it?

There isn't. It's a really meandering movie that doesn't have a firm grip on what it's about. There's whole scenes that could be cut because they are only in there for a joke. Pete spends like 15 minutes screen time talking to some AI in his suit and it amounts to pretty much nothing. You could trim half an hour to 45 minutes from it's run time and it'd probably be better for it.

Every character is constantly obsessing about the Avengers and Tony Stark and whatever else from the MCU so the movie never feels like it has it's own identity. It's a spin off, essentially.

Overall, it feels like a remake of the first Raimi movie, but with all the MCU baggage. It's still about Peter figuring out what it means to be a hero, Tony plays the Uncle Ben role, and Vulture is Goblin, a disgruntled business owner taking out his anger on those he thinks wronged him.

For someone who hated the mvie, at least you spent lots of time explaining every detail.

Sorry, I'll just say it was shit next time.

SP2>SP1>SP3>>>>>TASM1>>>>TASM2

Haven't seen Homecoming, never will.

ok

>Speech 120

What is the problem with that? That's how it should be.

>Superman
pure nostalgia

>Batman Begins
actions scenes are beyond awful

>The Dark Knight
fair

>Captain America 1/2/3
only the second one is good, and it's not even that good

>Logan
fair

Glad to see someone who finally understands how the movies stack up against each other.

>Speech 200

Underage and gay

>Tony was literally saying if you aren't going to do good things even when they are inconvenient, or won't listen to sound advice then you shouldn't be allowed to wield great power because you are not ready for that responsibility.
>Tony was literally saying [...] great power [...] responsibility
>Uncle ben literally LITERALLY say that

brand of rice always gets me

Pretty much.
>super special suit that makes spider powers obsolete
Why even have spiderman if you are going to make in fact iron man?
>spiderman makes shit decision that have bad consequences the whole movie
>Tony has to clean up after him all the time
>even after all that he gets invited into the avengers
Not to mention the shitty characters, Peter's friends.