Damn DC made Priest become a hack

Damn DC made Priest become a hack

Red Panther looks cool.

Priest was always a hack.

That's hilarious.
It doesn't look too bad, but it's hilarious.

What's the context here? That character looks cool.

Ja Zaki, the Red Lion, is busting his pal Deathstroke out of prison

>Priest was always a hack.

Lies. He wrote the greatest Hal Jordan moment ever.

So he's basically DC's Black Panther?

I kinda like the sound of that, honestly. Though granted, I haven't been reading this book, so this could all be shit for all I know.

He's a African warlord

>oh no! a parody of character of Priest worked on ages ago!

Priest's Deathstroke is one of the best books DC is making today.

I wish OP could stop being a fag.

So he's basically DC's Black Panther?

he's just a parody Priest cooked up in this book.

no idea if he'll ever show outside of Priest's run

Sounds like he has a lot of potential, as DC's 'evil Black Panther'.

Red Lion >>>>>>>>> Black Panther

"Genocidal African warlord dictator involving in ethnical cleansing" is more interesting and a better platform to talk about Africa than "African heaven because of magic metal".

The dude looks like fucking Black Panther. What is DC thinking?

The dude looks like fucking Deathstroke. What is Marvel thinking?

>Priest referencing a character that he wrote a defining run for

wow so crazy

Turnabout is fair play.

The dude looks like fucking Deadpool. What is DC thinking?

This thread really highlights how incestuous Marvel and DC are.

>being this new

They do it to each other all the time. Most of the time as parodies.

Parody and inability to copyright some names

>They do it to each other all the time.

This, Cyborg Superman started as a discount Fantastic 4 for crying out loud.

Yeah he's basically villain Black Panther

Not to mention that because they've done it to each other so many times, neither would be willing to sue the other. That said, the Captain Marvel thing was petty. And Marvel sued some comic or show for using X in their title.

His main foe is a laughing purple/green villain
His sexfriend is a sexy cat themed burglar.
What is Marvel thinking?

I miss Black Cat's cleavage

MARVEL/DC COPIED/PARODIED SOMETHING DC/MARVEL?

Boy if this isn't the 15th or 20th time.
Why make a deal out of it now?
Why not make threads about Deadpool is Deathstroke, or Lobo is Wolverine, or Blackcat is Catwoman, or Scarecrow is Scarecrow, or Torbias Whale is Kingpin, or so on and so forth.

There's more.

>Old villain with a bird-motif
>Crazy reptile-man
>Shapeshifting guy made out of dirt
>Teenager following in his footsteps, probably gonna succeed him
>Venom-related nemesis who is like a dark reflection of him, only stronger and deadlier
>Spider-Mobile!

He's even a millionaire now

also motivated to fight crime by the shooting death of a relative

I want him in Suicide Squad so fucking bad

and of course THEIR PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEAAAADD!

Nah, Deathstroke is one of DC's best books.

Spider-family

Why would a Head of State be on the Suicide Squad?

What about having a fucking harem and having the universe basically revolve around them because they are crazy popular despite being loners by nature?

>Priest on a Suicide Squad
YES PLEASE

>Teenager following in his footsteps, probably gonna succeed him
Maybe I'm a fucking idiot, but who is Spidey's? Ben Reilly?

Miles

>not thinking his Deathstroke has been GOAT as fuck
You're just cranky because Gwenpool is getting cancelled.

Oh yeah, he exists.

Honestly hope he get more roles in other books.

Why would a Head of State be on the Avengers?

Well """""meme'd""""", same """contraian!"""

>Superman just lets people be shot to death
What

Well, he shouldn't.

But at least the Avengers are independent, while the Suicide Squad is tied with the American government.

Same reason why multiple European gods, aliens, and members of the FBI's most wanted list are.

BP being on the Avengers makes a lot more sense than a head of stat3 being on the suicide squad

Why not?

He is a usurper. Doesn't count.

Too bad American comic book fans treat anything that isn't an all-white book like cancer.

Like, i wish that Bat-Wing had gone somewhere and actually did stories about how he has a much harder time doing what he needs to do because of all of the tensions in Modern day Africa. Like, a better story arc about how an African Justice League would have fallen apart thanks to ethnic and cultural tensions, or dealing with his history of being a child-solider and what to do when he finds a group better at it than he was. Hell, even a story where he finds a city-bound version of himself and they're at odds because City Bat-Wing is way more like Batman than Bat-Wing is and the struggle of what justice means when your villains are literal murdering and raping warlords and not mental patients in funny outfits.

Do you really think that would stop The Wall? I mean, she's currently trying to find a way to add fucking General Zod to the Suicide Squad! She'd probably add Darkseid if she could!

Batman, Inc. really opened the door for all kinds of new stories to be told with the Batman name on them. Like, Man of Bats being Batman on a budget in a rundown town in the middle of nowhere American southwest. Having to be just about everything to those people just to keep the town alive while raising a son as well.

Or Nightrunner who would be hella relevant right now. Like, I don't think DC would have a more relevant character than Nightrunner given what's happening in the world right now.

Mr. Unknown would be cool to see, too. They could even contrive a way to have Mr. Unknown crossover with The Super-Man to become the Asian World's Finest. (Yes, I know Mr. Unknown is Japanese and The Super-Man is Chinese. Superman is an alien and Batman is a manchild. What's your point?)

So DC doesn't have mental patient warlords in funny outfits?

Batman Inc. was really a pretty big waste of a phenomenal idea. No one did much with what Morrison established and even the main Batman Inc. run should've lasted way longer than it did, doing more with the characters that were there.

there's some cosmic rule where no matter how much cool shit Grant adds to the DCU no one will pick up and carry the baton.

To spy on them.

t. mad as hell Black Panther fantard

They already have an evil spider-man.

Eh, I don't know... hack writer will be hack writers no matter what. Grant's ideas are cool but what makes em great is his execution. When others used charterers like Frankenstein or Lord Death Man it ended up sucking.

He was too confused by the whole thing to react on time.

those exist?
M'Baku's philosophy of naturalism and rule of strength is the correct one.

Frankenstein and the Agents of SHADE was...I can't keep living in denial. It was a fucking mess. It really was. Lots of good ideas, not so great execution.

Which one would that be? The guy from that one episode of YJ?

Yep, that's the guy.

Fuck off, Preist's Deathstroke has been great.

I enjoyed Tim Seeley's Lord Death Man.

he's just removing kebab from his birthright

Seeley is so fucking bad...

>and their evolved forms
I'm from /vp/, and that triggers me since their evolved forms are included in "every single pokemon". It would have been better if he has said something like "AND their viability rankings!" or "AND their BTS!" or even "AND all the Digimon too!"

yeah but that's shared universe comics.

>AND all the Digimon too!
Too unrealistic.

Hell, even the idea of have an old Spider-Man and a young Spider-Man operating simultaneously was already done better in Batman Inc.

As someone that has actually lived in Africa I find BP much more appealing

War Lord shit is overplayed in media when it happens in like 3 countries on the continent

>a darkie makes a afro villian parody of a well-known nigger hero from competing comic company which has sjw focus
It's beautiful.

Lazy racism aside, don't forget that Priest's run on the Black Panther is considered one of the definitive runs on the character.

It was doing those things until the rebranding. It was pretty cool

>caring about Digimon
Lord Death Man is insane, not retarded.

Maybe he was talking about Mega Evolution. Those don't count as separate Pokemon.

And many countries in Africa are a perfect monarchy uber-technological because of magic metal monopoly?

>Marie Javins, the group editor, called and said “Deathstroke” to me, and it stopped me in the tracks for a minute. It took me a minute to remember who he was. [Laughs] And then I asked: “He’s that guy from ‘Teen Titans,’ the guy with the sword, right?” “Yeah, that’s him.” “OK, alright. Is he Black?” She said no. I said, “OK, keep talking.”

So he decided to not write a black book by introducing a bunch of black people and moving the plot to Chicago?

@89514743
(You)

He doesn't want to be a "black writer to black characters", he wants to be a "writer", which doesn't mean that he can't write black characters or about the struggles of the black community.

Deathstroke is perfect for him because "only Nixon could go to China".

It's a one and done issue retard. And Slade doesn't give a shit. If he was stuck on a black book he'd be stuck doing nothing but these types of stories.

But to not be a black writer, you need to no longer be applicable for the qualities described by "black". He needs to write about middle-class white people that exist in mostly-white societies fighting the issues that plague them such as jobs being shipped overseas or a Starbucks not having pumpkin spice coffee.

It was just one issue.

Currently in Deathstroke, the characters are almost all rich white dudes, and the only black is an African warmonger.

They weren't out yet.

Unless Lord Death Man KNEW they'd be out.

Is this someone false-flagging as Sup Forums?

Yeah. They're trying too hard.

>Too bad American comic book fans treat anything that isn't an all-white book like cancer.
Probably because 9 times out of 10 those kinda books ARE cancer.

>and the only black
isn't Joey's fiancee black?

He's been a staple in a couple of issues already why is OP triggered now

Milestone Comics was pretty good about it all.

>been out of the comic loop for most of last year
>hear good things about Deathstroke
>start reading it
>a few tumblrisms here and there, but nothing too retarded
>start reading new issue
>first page is nothing but MUH GUNS
>suddenly remember why I was out of the comic loop for most of last year
And another one bites the dust. Such a shame too.

Yes, she is.

Two black characters, then. One African warmonger and one African-American well succeeded lady.

>>first page is nothing but MUH GUNS
You're retarded and illiterate. The issue was a subversion of this.

Nah his super senses let him know he couldn't die

Some of the books were great (I fucking loved Static) but others like Blood Syndicate had characters that were openly hostile about white people and it's probably why Milestone didn't last long. You can't shit on and the largest demographic in comics and expect to be successful

You should have kept reading. Priest inserts himself as Jack Ryder (I believe?) and basically puts the blame on "black culture that encourages violence" in one page. And's Deathstroke solution to gun violence is pretty based and in-character imo

Lord Death Man would know that Digimon is objectively superior.

Who hype for ~Next 0rder~?!