Best Character

>Best Character

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
youtube.com/watch?v=ezZo4rg-GJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does he call Frodo "Mr. Frodo?" Aren't they supposed to be friends or something? What a little bitch.

He's his gardener

If I was somebody's gardener, and he asked me to join him on an epic quest and risk my life, I'd be like, "Nigga, you better give me a bonus."

sharing the load was the bonus

because he was his senpai

If my gardener called me 'nigga', I'd replace my gardener.
t. the kind of man who would actually have a gardener

The adventure was the bonus
Also this

Frodo was a higher social class than him. Referring to him as "Mr. Frodo" was a sign of respect.

>youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
>tfw you don't have any best friend anymore who would waste his life to follow you everywhere and gives you emotional support
I fully agree with you.

Why not Mr. Baggins then? You don't call your boss Mr. Jim.

Hobbit culture kinda like how the Japanese call people by their last name unless they are close it's just a different culture don't worry too much about something so small in a fantasy world

Frodo is a lord, he owns land & is rich. Sam is his hired help.

Such an inspiring story of how a short, working class, fake Irishman went to college and even got to play football!

more than hired help, the gamgees are a family that have served the baggins for generations

but how does that relate to the terrorist situation at he's school?

All while looking for treasure with his friends?

>t. the kind of man who would actually have a gardener
except that you don't...
really makes me think

>leaves Frodo at the end for a woman
>Worst character

Meeting with the elves was unironically his bonus

LOL

It’s weird to see Sam kissing Winona Ryder in Stranger (((Things)))

Only member of the Fellowship without a noble, heroic bloodline. True Hero of the story.

>Reminder that no one likes Sean Astin

He did a great job in the movie, but he's an insecure shithead IRL. Lol'd at his book about LOTR production.

Sam married with his dream girl, had a shitton of kids, inherited the pure comfyness of Bag's End (plus anything Frodo owned), became the leader of the Shire, and then went to the Undying Lands to spend his twilight years. The guy had the best reward for his part in the quest.

the movies really glossed over how sam is basically frodo's servant

>he isn't in the photo so they must hate him

I guess the also hate Ian Mckellen, Sean Bean and John Rhys-Davies, right?

Too bad the actor himself kind of ruined it

>whole crew of engineers and trained staff
>thinks he has to guide a helicopter in himself.

The pilot probably thought he was a right annoying cunt.

He is actually right, Astin wrote a book that spends pages upon pages bad mouthing the other actors, whining how his experience wasnt considered, how he didnt get an oscar etc. "i can understand he wasnt satisfied" you might say, but its another thing to make a petty book out of it

based viggo

Who does he badmouth and in what way?

Viggo's the best.

Not in every country

Yeah because his names Harry

Why, because she likes the ladies?

pretty much everyone

What the fuck happened to Sean Astin anyway? I don't think I've seen him in anything ever after Lord of the Rings.
Is it true he's in Stranger Things 2?

This scene, every fucking time.

He kind of killed his own career with his book, he was in The Strain and later in a movie with Drake Bell....
youtube.com/watch?v=ezZo4rg-GJ4

PO

Why did he stop. He could have ran out the door and been safe from the demidogs but he had to stop and celebrate

just fuck my career up

Why didn't he win an oscar?

kevin durand blew his head off on the strain

Are you telling me he didn't? Cause that's a fucking outrage.

Didn't the trilogy get like 16 Oscars? Surely he got best actor for one of them?

I think the only LotR actor to win an oscar was ian mckellen

Because he's his fucking gardener and IIRC much younger than Frodo than he seems in the movies

There's a bond between the two characters that you don't understand, it's one of master and servant that modern society frowns upon today and basically doesn't exist anymore

I think he was only nominated and was the only acting nomination for the trilogy

"No."

For me this scene is the highlight of the trilogy
youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0&t=

All the Oscars won by the trilogy were for things like best director, best cinematography, best visuals, best musical score etc. Not one actor won an Oscar for their performance.

I just watched all three movies over the last two days, I like doing that from time to time. This was the first time I did it with all the extended versions. I might do the Hobbit over the weekend now.
That's a great scene, I also like the part where Gimli says he never thought he'd die fighting side by side with an elf.

Has anyone listened to the production or design team commentary? Are they worth listening to or are they kind of technical and boring?

Seconding this. I've watched through the films with actors commentary and with director commentary. Would like to know if the other commentaries are worth it.

Elijah Wood's performance was good but it really fucks with Frodo's characterization. The fact that he was visibly younger than Sam was enough to to do it, it made the whole thing come off like he was this little baby that everyone needed to look after. In the books he's the oldest and wisest of the hobbits and acts as their leader and a lot more is made of how mentally strong he is to resist the ring.

Its funny. I always hated elijah wood as frodo but loved him in everything else. I liked Sean Astin as sam but absolutely hate him in everything else.

What has Elijah Wood done other than that football skinhead film?

Share the load.

>Casually handles the ring.

this guy is right example: in cuba if your boss is woman you call her by her name but if it's a man you call him by his surname

>not "sharing the loan"
you had one job user

>It's me, its your Sam
>Don't you know your Sam

Would you rather live in Rohan or in Gondor?

Rohan has beautiful open plains to ride your horse around while you search for adventure, but then Gondor seems more organized and modern and Minas Tirith looks like a beautiful city to live in.

astin did a bad job portraying samwell, the same whining expression on his face in every scene not to mention the squeeling voice... fuck him.

I agree, but he really should have at least got a nomination he was the best part of the movies.

He was good in the american wilfred

Rohan. Have based Theoden/Eomer for king, parties in Meduseld, horse riding through the plains of Edoras, nice views, not too cramped like Gondor and I don't have to look out of window everyday and see nothing but the eyesores that are the ruins of Osgiliath and Mordor.

You'd probably have to spend a few years in the military as Gondor, hoping that you don't ever get fucked by a group of rowdy orcs

he symbolises the enlisted men, Frodo is the officer class, they both need each other in this war

he was kevin in sin city

Coastal cities of Gondor were comfy af

This. Rohan seems the obvious option. Gondor is ruled by a madman and is way too close to Mordor. But Rohan has, like you said, a based ruler in Theoden (or Eomer depending on what time we're talking about) and their lifestyle seems pretty comfy. You either work the fields and live the farmer's life, or you enlist and ride the plains to protect your land. And at the end of the day you all go to the big hall and drink huge mugs of ale and play drinking games to celebrate a good day's protecting of the peace.

he's the guy

Probably southern fiefs, like Anfalas.

>went to the Undying Lands to spend his twilight years

funny because by the time he got there, frodo, gimli and bilbo would be long dead and the elves+Gandalf would have left Tol Eressea to the rest of Valinor, leaving Sam alone on the island with only the skeletons of his dead friends for company

sheit nigga i finna throw that ass back for mr frodo naw mean yeah nigga west coast ride or die blanda this shire

This t b h f a m

Reminder that Iluvatar loves you, but if you are an elf who loves a human then you burn forever the halls of mandos.

Rohan seems very similar to where I live, so I'd pick Rohan

Based Eru punishing degenerate race mixers

fuck you that isnt true. FUCK YOU

arent you immortal once you go there? i thought it was like the lotr version of "heaven"

Didn't the Fellowship all go to Valinor?

Even Viggo?

No. Gandalf is from there. Frodo and Sam got invited because they were ring bearers. Legolegs built a boat and sailed off with gimli, who was allowed to go because he had formed a great friendship with not only legolad but galadriel.
Aragorn stays in middle earth as king, Pippin and Merry go on to lead the two big hobbit families and they travel abroad more than a few times, and I think they ride off to gondor to die.

mortals actually age quicker in valinor than immortals like Maiar and Elves, because the land is hallowed. being granted access to the undying lands doesn't make you undying, which is a good thing because mortality in Tolkien's world is a blessing from illuvatar

No. It's called the Undying Land because it's still full of the magic of creation. It never diminished like the rest of middle earth. Even the elven havens of Lindon, Lorien, and Imladris, protected by their rings of power, were pale imitations of Valinor.

i believe he said something about pedowood a few years ago and has been in smaller/indie films ever since

I really like Bob.

cheer up, that fag forgot that Sam was transported there by Cirdan, who wouldn't have just dropped Sam off on an empty island without telling the elves that he did so. they probably came to his island and started giving the old hobbit immortal elvish blow jobs for the last year of his life, because elves in valinor have fuck all else to do. gandalf probably came too, after shedding his gray human form and adopting his angelic maiar form with big Haradrim titties (Haradrim women had the biggest titties in middle earth because they were the least evolved). he would then "confound" ol' Samwise Gamgee with his big 'ol Haradrim titties and turn his face into all sorts of unnatural expressions as he gave him angel blowjobs while humming the song of illuvatar.

thats kind of where tolkien ended the silmarillion but you should check out what he wrote in the lost tales.

My theater laughed like a motherfucker when he said that. The delivery was pretty gay, in all honesty.

why was he alone allowed to speak with his american accent?

(t. germanon, that's what it sounds like to me)

I want to be the gate watch at Bree. That town seems comfy af.

He's also been producing movies here and there.

Frodo>Sam>Gandalf>Pippin>Golem>Boromir-Faramir-Denethor>Legolas&Gimli>Aragorn

I...I do not think that is what Tolkien wrote.

skip the second to last episode then

fuck you man

Because Frodo is 50 and Sam is a young man and unlike Merry and Pippin he is neither his relative nor belongs to the same social class.
Also he is his employee.