Now that the dust has settled can we all agree this was the worst marvel movie to date? So much wasted potential

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree this was the worst marvel movie to date? So much wasted potential

>wasted potential

The "civil war" was people running at each other in an empty airport and no one ever got hurt

empty airport HAHAHAHHAHAHAAA

It's much better than Thor The Dark World (which was garbage), but it's true that it's the first movie that finally acknowledges that MCU Thor is a very different character than the one in the comic books and so disconnected from the Norse legends that that material should've been used as either a vague inspiration or a bait and switch

What are you talking about, the movie was fucking rad

It felt very "fake". A bunch of guys in suits sat down and said "Well, GoTG is our best movie to date, let's make this that" and they did.
It was not bad per se, but it felt super derivative and forced.

civil war didn't shit on world war hulk and the end of days in the same film senpaitachi... surtur destroys asgard and they just leave him to it like he couldn't possibly threaten Yggdrasil or the other worlds

i have no respect for anyone seeing this in the cinema. Also thanks for pushing Blade Runner out of IMAX.

Quite the opposite user. Most marvel films are absolute shit, with Homecoming being one of the worst. Ragnarok was one of their better films. My only criticism is that they probably shouldn't have been making jokes while Asgard was being destroyed. They should have hit home the magnatiude of what had just happened - their home being destroyed, their king dead, the huge amount of soldiers that died, etc. They were now orphans floating through space.

I saw both Ragnarok and Blade Runner in IMAX. BR was a piece of art

I have a hard time believing it'll be worse than Incredible Hulk and Thor 2

Humor felt forced as fuck and the movie didn't offer anything else. 5/10

>Heimdallr
>the whitest of the gods
>played by Idris Elba
what did they mean by this

You are forced as fuck and don't offer anything.

It's not. I find most Marvel films boring and predictable. I hate the never ending quip-fests too. This is one of their better films.

Thats the thing, it didn't feel like the humour was forced (for the most part) unlike other Marvel films. Marvel films are usually shit stories with random quips injected. Ragnarok felt more like a comedy and it worked.

JUST ADAPT THE GOD OF THUNDER STORY WITH THE GODSLAYER YOU ASSHOLES

>worst marvel movie to date?
13. 2017 Thor: Ragnarok
14. 2011 Captain America: The First Avenger
15. 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
16. 2010 Iron Man 2
17. 2013 Thor: The Dark World

Iron Man 3 was laughably bad and worse than 2, which is an impressive achievement. Why is it not on your list?

It is, the list is of all 17 MCU films. I just posted the ones that I consider worse than Thor 3.

I actually have Iron Man 3 at number 12, if that makes you feel better.

>age of memetron
>civil war
>iron man 3
all dogshit too desu

jesus, the good to bad ratio of marvel films is alarming. most are mediocre at best...

I was thinking about it last night and most Marvel movies are dogshit. The following list was my conclusion

>good
Winter Soldier
Dr Strange
GotG 1

>decent
Iron Man 1

>complete shit
everything else

>what the fuck am I watching
Captain 1
Homecoming

Ehh, I complained a lot back in the day, but feels superfluos now. At least he was a cool rogue and did stuff this time

Lethal Weapon: Tony Stark edition was neat aside from the shitty villain (who still serves a narrative purpose at least), even the annoying kid grew on me on rewatch

first avenger was kino you plebs

For me personally

>Great
iron man 1

>good
Gotg 1
Winter soldier

>decent
First avenger
Avengers

Everything else is crap

a bad copy of GOTG 2

>first avenger was kino you plebs
It looked like they ms painted his face onto a childs body. I couldn't take it seriously

Can anyone tell me if he gets his hammer back or a new one

That's decent. This was my list from another thread.
I wouldn't say "most are dogshit". I think we're at the point where Marvel is basically just the typical, average blockbuster fare we get each year. So I'd say most would sit around a 5/10, with Iron Man being a 9/10 and Thor 2 being like a 2/10.

1. 2008 Iron Man
2. 2012 The Avengers
3. 2016 Doctor Strange
4. 2014 Guardians of the Galaxy
5. 2017 Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. 2014 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
7. 2008 The Incredible Hulk
8. 2011 Thor
9. 2015 Avengers: Age of Ultron
10. 2016 Captain America: Civil War
11. 2015 Ant-Man
12. 2013 Iron Man 3
13. 2017 Thor: Ragnarok
14. 2011 Captain America: The First Avenger
15. 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
16. 2010 Iron Man 2
17. 2013 Thor: The Dark World

The Avengers especially is one that sits in that weird bubble of being so overrated it becomes underrated. It kicked ass critically, commercially and with audiences, and has Alan Silvestri's best score since Back to the Future, but I don't know a single person who likes it. That's fucking weird to me. I had a great time.

He doesn't

i just saw it for the second time, and it's still fantastic
>but muh quips
and? it had the whole audience laughing and having a good time. It's not kino but it's still enjoyable if you just turn off your brain

It actually gave Marvel a great setup for a Hulk movie. Joss Whedon once said that Hulk is a hard character to make a movie for, since it's about a man not wanting to become the thing that the audience wants him to become, however in Ragnarok, after hulk turns back into Bruce, Bruce says "when I go hulk it's like we've each got a hand on the wheel and I've got some control, but this time it was like the Hulk was driving and I was in the trunk. If I go Hulk again I may never go back". And then at the final fight Bruce goes Hulk. This could lead in to The Incredible Hulk 2, which will deal with some new alien threat that only Hulk can stop (because all MCU movies have to have some action), and also deal with Bruce in the Hulk body trying to regain control of his own body, and re-taming the hulk. Maybe throw Korg back into the action, since he was probably the best new character in Raganarok, and there, an actually *decent* Hulk movie

>potential
Meaningless argument, everything has "so much wasted potential."

>since he was probably the best new character in Raganarok
>not the grandmaster

>worst marvel movie to date
Lol no

>Great tier
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Iron Man
GotG
Ant Man

>Good Tier
Captain America: TFA
Thor
Avengers

>Meh Tier
Dr. Strange
Incredible Hulk
GotG Vol. 2
Thor: Ragnarok Shit Tier
Iron Man 2
Captain America: Civil War

>Marlel Tier
Avengers AoU
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World

Fuck you, The Incredible Hulk was great. It had genuine stakes and character development that isn't filled with quips every few minutes.

>my taste is so superior the thread.
You guys are no fun faggots.

WRONG, Sup Forums is always wrong.

Ummmmmmm sorry sweetie but Thor has 98% on RT. So it's actually great
FUNNY and above all FUN

It's shit, shill. Good luck next time

Marvel cant make solo Hulk movies due to some bullshit with Universal

War Machine became paraplegic and Ant-Man was hurt so bad he needed instant orange slices.

>Thor, did I ever tell you about Olaf Bjornson? He was the random Norseman I talked to a a few centuries back when we were still pretending to be aliums who came to repel an invasion of "Jotunns." Oh, what great times we had! I told him all about Hela, Asgard, Loki(including the part about him being half-giant. Even you and Loki didn't know that bit!), Surtr, Fenrir, you, Mjolnir, your mom, Sif, Heimdall, the Dark Elves, oh, and of course, about Ragnarok! We had a lot of downtime between epic giant fights and old Olaf was nothing but questions, all day every day, and what a memory on that guy! From what I understand, he built up a whole religion around us, which is bad if we're alium protectors of the cosmos, but if we're gods, I guess it's OK, maybe?(And yes, we are gods! I am, you are, all Asgardians are. That Ancient Aliums bit was just a clever ruse on our part to discourage worship, because what god wants that hassle?) But anyway, you should watch out for Hela, who you've never heard of and I've never mentioned to you, but I told good old Olaf about her and he passed down that info through his people long enough for them to half-ass write it down, so any rando you pulled off the street in Europe might have asked you about her at any time. He was a good friend.

>Thor, do you remember when you told that hot earth woman that we come from a place where magic and technology are one and the same? Ha ha, no that's just hilariously wrong. We don't use technology at all. Everything we use is just straight up magic. What do you think we are, aliums? No, we're literal, magical gods, which when you really think about it, that explains why a guy like you could run down a street filled with what would look like simple motorized vehicles to anyone from a technologically advanced culture, ignore these primitive devices, and ask a pet shop employee for a horse. We use nothing but magic 24/7 because we're literal gods. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that at some point. Not only that, what we call "magic" is actually just some arcane form of science that is in no way unique to where we come from. Earth sorcerers and red space lizard wizards have been using it for eons. Come to think of it, maybe we should have entrusted that tesseract space gem to that ancient order of Earth sorcerers who protect Earth from invasions from other dimensions, seeing as how it can create wormholes to, get this, other dimensions. To be quite honest, I'm not at all sure why we would have left something so dangerous on Earth in the first place. Ah well, I'm sure we had our reasons. It's also strange that this is only occurring to me just now. Instead of leaving it hidden in some random ancient temple for some Nazis to find, Earth wizards could have been protecting it. They were good friends.

I just treat the MCU like a TV series
Every December I torrent whatever had come out that year, marathon them and promptly forget them decent way to kill time.

>worst marvel movie to date
It's one of the best one, and easily the best one they've made in a long while.

the least funny pasta for a long while

I'd put Ragnarok at low Great Tier. It is leagues above movies like Homecoming and Dr. Strange and The First Avengers.

>literally quipping while Asgard is destroyed
Worst capeshit of the year and thats saying something

>Pete, did I ever tell you how concerned I am about advanced weaponry like my Iron Man armor and your new suit falling into the wrong hands? I know that must seem confusing to you considering I just gifted you, a fifteen-year-old kid who doesn't really seem to understand all that much about power and responsibility, with a highly advanced plugsuit with an "instant kill mode," a detachable gps tracker, and security so bad your half-smart buddy can hack past it in five minutes, but I really do. That's why I sat around for nearly a decade before it occurred to me that maybe I should do something about all the hyper-advanced Chitauri weapons and technology they left lying all over Manhattan. Also, I wonder if maybe I could have prevented Toomes from turning to crime by offering him and his crew a job. He could have been a good friend.

They're not meant to be funny. They're meant to point out what a shit job Disney does with continuity. That shit's not funny to me. It wasn't funny when they fucked it up in Star Wars and it's sure as fuck not funny to me when they can't even bother to give a shit about even more characters and stories that I've loved my whole life.