Anyone else hyped?

Anyone else hyped?

Looking forward to it but not hype.

I still don't see how Lobo will work in this. I mean Bats is trying to pull a Vril and we all know how well that worked for Dox, who is more ruthless than Bats ever was.

0Q

Atom > Ray > Vixen > Frost
Also yes, I'm hyped. Orlando is saying the right things and his JLA is very much inspired by Morrison's take. I'm hoping for awesome high concept sci-fi/cosmic shenanigans.

I wasn't that excited until I read the one shots, they were good

It worked OK, he just had to die and drug himself once so he could keep Lobo in check. But I don't think Bats would be that dedicated so who knows how this is supposed to go down...

IIRC Lobo was constantly driving him nuts with his antics. Admittedly, Vril actually tricked Lobo into agreeing to work for him, so he might feel more cooperative in the JLA, but still, it's Lobo aka 90s lolrandum cringe personified.

>nd we all know how well that worked for Dox
Pretty good for Vril, your point?

He did, but so did pretty much every other member of Vril's team, in particular Stealth and Garyn Bek. Lobo is a real jackass though and he's probably going to get board of the JLA in no time and start fucking with them too.

Not at all. Orlando isn't going to do a good job juggling the large cast, and out of the one shots, Vixen was meh, Ray sucked and Atom was just okay.

>Stealth
I would classify what she did as driving nuts. Well, there were nuts involved...

>Orlando isn't going to do a good job juggling the large cast,

How do you know that? He hasn't even done a team book.

I trust Orlando

>would NOT
fuck

When does the actual book come out?

Rebirth issue is out Feb 8th, issue #1 is out Feb 22

>Ray sucked
Shit taste faggot.

Well, some might say his clunky dialogue is not going to work in a title where you need to nail down the voice of each character and not have random interchangeable speech bubbles. Others might point to Monster Men where he was unable to handle a large cast well, others might even say Apollo isn't well developed in the current mini but that is actually not his fault.

Nice choice of words. I want to say that I thought this only because I am a fan of Ray and was expecting better... but nah, shit sucked in every possible way, you need to either check your eyes or your brain.

The rape/murder thing wasn't that, but after and before that she tried to rail him pretty often, and after Lyrl was born she spent a lot of time overreacting and accusing Vril of trying to abuse or murder him. She also liked to joke about what she did to him which is pretty asshole-ish if nothing else.

>Atom
meh

>Vixen
People care about poorman's Animal Man?

>Killer Forst
terrible haircut

>Ray
Is now a gay hipster fag.

>ATOM is smart enough to build a power-suit
>not smart enough to fix her eye sight so she doesn't need glasses

>others might even say Apollo isn't well developed in the current mini but that is actually not his fault.

how so? he had the perfect chance to give him a personality, instead now we have Apollo as literally a perfect figure that yes, is too good for Midnighter.

>waaah they turned Ray into a fag for diversity and synergy
>waaah not muh
Sure cucky, I'm gonna get my eyes checked. You get your delicate sensibilities checked as well.

>Atom
>her
I hate that nu/co/ doesn't even try to go on wiki before shitposting.

I would say that other writers far more experienced and far more appreciated have had that opportunity and haven't delivered so I wouldn't say it's Orlando's job to completely turn around a character that';s been boring and crap for 20 years.

The other writers weren't given a book half named after him, though.

Great arguments, my man. The problem isn't that they turned him into a gay man, it's the fact that the execution of the story is fucking trash. he whines a bit, goes out, he discovers his powers and they're supposed to be super deadly or some shit buuut instead it just makes him invisible...and he wonder around a bit until he sees his childhood crush and saves thus a superhero is born. I love how he literally lives in a world of active superheroes but instead of getting inspiration from them he gets inspiration from old movies.

As for the gay thing, it's actually a valid criticism since him being straight and in love with Jen was a fairly big part of his character. If they wanted to make him gay, fine, but you gotta get into that shit man, you can't just have him as a regular gay guy because of his unique origin. This all just comes off as cheap and "lol diversity" because a guy that lived isolated from the world for so long shouldn't just be interested in gay magazines and such. If they truly wanted to make this character into a gay, they needed to delve into it, go deep, have the character explore his sexuality instead of having his mom buy him gay magazines as a kid. If they wanted to just have a gay dude on the team they could've make Ryan gay, would've worked much better.

Also the art was horrible.

But other writers did use Apollo for many many more pages and for many years before Orlando did.

Yet Orlando could devote pages to rebooting a magical latino gay guy 99% of people didn't care about?

And he made the right decision. Extrano is amazing.

1. That's a dude
2. He didn't build it, Ray did

>If they truly wanted to make this character into a gay, they needed to delve into it, go deep, have the character explore his sexuality
Him going out in the world and accepting his powers is literally a metaphor for him coming in terms of who he is. I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand that. It was too subtle for a retard like you evidently when it's not even trying to be subtle.

Extrano is awesome though. And he's righting the ship on Extrano considering his publication history. Judging by Love is Love anthology, Didio likely asked him to do that.

You must be a retard if you think that's subtle. First thing he does when he's outside is get asked by a bunch of kids to hang out. Because that's totally normal, asking a guy you've never seen before to come hang out.
It would be a metaphor if he's shown to actually struggle with his sexuality, but he's shown to be gay from the beginning and it's all presented as normal. Even the last panel with him already having a boyfriend shows just how shallow the writing is.

Personally I'm glad that he isn't struggling with his sexuality, not every young gay character needs that to be a storyline

>not every
True, but this is a special case.

>Atom with armor
Fuck no

I'm gonna write a great argument cucky, just gathering up my buzzwords as well.