The one movie that could have brought a layer of depth and cosmic mythology to the MCU

>waste it all on quips and gags
Reboot this shit already.

Other urls found in this thread:

empireonline.com/movies/blade-runner-2049/empire-podcast-283-ridley-scott-denis-villeneuve/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_and_Omega
youtube.com/watch?v=NkfTfnpX_v8
imdb.com/title/tt2094262/
imdb.com/title/tt2306299/
imdb.com/title/tt2543312/
imdb.com/title/tt2239822/
imdb.com/title/tt4122068/
imdb.com/title/tt3230854/
imdb.com/title/tt3647998/
imdb.com/title/tt4158110/
imdb.com/title/tt1856101/
imdb.com/title/tt2975590/
imdb.com/title/tt0468569/
imdb.com/title/tt2101383/
imdb.com/title/tt2884018/
imdb.com/title/tt0119223/
imdb.com/title/tt0119643/
imdb.com/title/tt0478304/
imdb.com/title/tt0448134/
imdb.com/title/tt0118884/
imdb.com/title/tt0299977/
imdb.com/title/tt0485947/
imdb.com/title/tt1054606/
imdb.com/title/tt2278388/
imdb.com/title/tt1699748/
imdb.com/title/tt0477348/
imdb.com/title/tt0469494/
imdb.com/title/tt0217505/
imdb.com/title/tt0120586/
imdb.com/title/tt0139654/
theverge.com/2017/9/1/16243356/juicero-shut-down-lay-off-refund
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>depth and cosmic mythology
>in a capeshit movie
Not gonna happen. You try to pull that 2deep4u shit on that kind of movie and you end up with pretentious garbage like Watchmen, Logan or Suicide Squad. Marvel has been so successful because they don't try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to comic adaptations. They are what they're supposed to be: campy, dumb and forgettable just like the comics.

I'll watch it for the cinematography to be honest. the planet hulk part looks trippy as shit

>95% on RT
How?

>Cate looks like the girl that got away

Never did I think a Marvel movie would make me want to commit suicide

>suicide squad
>2deep4u

what the fuck are you talking about.
also watchmen is good you pleb because it's actually based on strong source material unlike Logan

Just got back from a screening.

The planet hulk part only lasts one scene (most of which is already in the trailers), then they're suddenly best buddies again.

As for cinematography, those striking shots from the trailer barely make up 2 minutes of an inconsequential flashback. The rest is the usual sitcom-quality fare.

Mental conditioning.

I want to be Cate

what is this some kind of upside down spider girl

fpbp

Worst monmusu

Correct.
The previous thor films at least had an element of depth especially the opener. That being said, there is too dumb money and normies chasing bot DC/Marvel for there to be a thought provoking film made. All you're going to get are pleb tier platitudes and quips.

I'm really only resigned to Kino for this reason.
I feel something in me dies when I watch pleb tier content and I don't feel in any way inspired/entertained.

Only Select shows only capture this at the moment and about 3 movies a year.

pleb

In the beginning, this wasn't the case.. When the franchise took off and normies confiscated sci-fi as their Rick&Morty-esque pseudo-intellectual trope it all went to shit. You can notably distinguish between earlier films like the superman series and select DC movies and the pleb tier fork. Look at the fucking nose dive stranger things took from one series to the next. You get the average brainlet excited and viewership influence takes a dump on a movie's depth.

Look what happened after brainlets took a shit on Prometheus...
You got dumbed down covenant.

Which was a shame because Prometheus was actually quite good, the mythology of the engineers was really intriguing and then covenant came along and took a huge steaming dump

>pretentious garbage like Watchmen
delet dis

So I think like the Carry on movies were a movement for their time that these MArvel films will be the same, nothing special just a movement in cinema that happened

I'm really really disappointed. They can't even try to take it a little seriously. The title means the end of the hero's world, and it looks like it's all a big joke.

I thought it was great.

>thor breaks up with natalie portman
>his movies go from 4/10 to 9/10

Really gets Fenris running.

Correct. Thankfully, there was a hidden message as such. If you pay attention closely, Ridley purposely depicted a group of liberal retards getting blow the fuck out by advanced technology. In a way, he was sending a message to brainlets. The next movie in the series focuses on the engineers and advanced tech. I have no doubt it will expand upon Prometheus tremendously... Ridley just had to clear out the idiots first.

Hilariously, the slight went over most people's heads..empireonline.com/movies/blade-runner-2049/empire-podcast-283-ridley-scott-denis-villeneuve/

>a movie is fun action
>"why can't it be deep"
Because it's a comic book superhero movie you buffoon. If you want to something with depth, stop watching comic book superhero movies and watch big boy adult movies.

When you have a dumbed down populous, they fuel and further dumbed down cinema. Certain Genres used to be free from the average idiots and thus had to cater to a higher minded audience. When idiots adopted the sci-fi genre, the market began conforming to the entertainment standards of idiots. Thankfully, everything is cyclical. This year was a horrid year and cinema as they went full retard. Vote with your money, I refuse to watch shit tier cinema... There are far too many thought provoking shows and new blood coming on to the scene to be concerned with big budget populous shit tier productions.

Cate was great when she didn't have the stupid spiky hat on.

Remember when Thor drew Yggdrasil as a two-dimensional representation of a hyper-dimensional manifold connecting the nine realms/universes and we had the barest glimmer of reasons to hope they were going to keep this shit even remotely cerebral? Those were good times.

Not really, no.

how does she go through doors?

Indeed they were.
Thankfully, a wealth of content is being pursued outside the normie brainlet sphere that continues to inspire and tell tails of depth... Your just not going to find it once wider adoption or normies influence it. Look for kino that normies dislike and you'll find the hidden gems.

I see thee, brother. I see and know thee well.

>pretentious garbage like Watchmen
t. pleb

>Age of Ultron made it out to be super serious
>trailers have all been non-stop jokes and DUDE 80s!
Save us, Black Panther. They can't quip up T'Challa, right?

>thinks depth and lore is 2deep4u
>thinks Suicide Squad belongs in the same sentence as Watchmen or Logan
>thinks all comics are "campy fun"

They won't. Only European culture gets mocked in the [Current Year]. Didn't you notice how stoic and noble T'Challa and his father were in Civil War?

>Homeworld gets destroyed
>Lmao who cares, Asgard was never a planet but the people

Batman vs. Superman plumbed unimageanable depths but most if not all of it went over people's heads including the so called woke, red-pilled, and /tv connoisseur. Bad ratings and trashed at any opportunity in a fantastical display of cognitive dissonance... Assured to be kino by the sheer number of idiots who detest it and didn't get it.

I remember when they were making those fucking great 80's action movies and idiots who thought they were smart bitched and complained that those movies weren't "smart enough." Glad to see nothing has changed and idiots are still idiots. Glad to see you assholes can't enjoy anything in life.

I love how it looks like Earth is getting encased. That's pure awesome to me.

Comparing modern Marlel(Disney) to Conan, Predator, Die Hard, Commando, Lethal Weapon, Bloodsport, The Golden Child, Beverly Hills Cop, 48 Hours, Red Heat, shit, even the Beastmaster for fucks sake, should be punishable with death by beating.

The comparison you're reaching for is "Stop or my Mom will Shoot." That's an example of the 80s action/adventure genre descending into self-parody.

Brainlets get uncomfortable any time they're exposed to depth. If you look closely, you can literally observe their cognitive dissonance trigger result in physiological discomfort as they are thrown into fight or flight. Hollywood is aware of the brainlet pleb population it has carefully crafted and ensures to follow up on any discomfort trigger w/ a quip/joke to take the edge off. This effectively renders a thought provoking movie into baby food for the masses. They gather together in this joyous desert dawned in their favorite characters customs they spent half the year designing and posting about on reddit and share in a matrix-esque blue pilled fantasy LARP. Evil is portrayed to come from above as opposed to the hearts of man effectively allowing the casual brainlet to export/project their evils upon a detestable external archetype.

Underlying these compositions is a theme of : life is too short to think/reflect/care ... move along and start anew. Homeworld gets destroyed? Who cares.. move along to a new planet where you've befriended people. A theme carried on for years, the country is now filled with middle aged babies incapable of learning/growing from trials/tribulations/mistakes. Obsessed with fantasy comicon LARPing, clocking in, clocking out, and buying mindless bullshit.

Yes, the typical capeshit has devolved to this point.. Sci-fi : once a forward thinking and thought provoking genre of the intellectual inclined now turned into dog food for the masses. Is what it is. Thankfully, movie production costs have plummeted and given the sheer amount of shit that's pushed/marketed to the masses,true kino remains out of reach and undiscovered for those who aren't looking. Just as one aspect of something is destroyed, a new aspect is born.

not many people like eating dog shit either.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_and_Omega
The final seal.
youtube.com/watch?v=NkfTfnpX_v8

The movie can be made much better by cutting some scenes. Cut all of Taika's self insert scenes. Any jokes that 'diffuse the tension' after a dramatic moment.
And certainly cut every joke by Skurge. Hela and Skurge looked like Bullwinkle villians.

Ok, and remove Hela's awful CGI lipstick.

Funny that when the majority of the populous is often found...

> true kino remains out of reach and undiscovered for those who aren't looking.

Would you kindly recommend true kino?

The movie was good you fucking apes

>its just a planet bro

they are referencing your countries, Europe

what's that symbol anyway

He is talking about the 80s batman films, you pleb

You've missed the point. I compared 80's action movies to superhero movies in the fact that they're not movies that "make you think" but exist to entertain. In that way, they're both the same. They're also the same in that their detractors don't understand the value of the movie. Horror movies suffer the same bullshit.

Ultimately, it's like complaining that there aren't a lot of vegetarian options at a steakhouse. A steakhouse isn't bad for serving steak, and you should be rating it on how well it does what it sets out to do. If I said 2001: A Space Odyssey was bad because there wasn't enough slapstick humor and titties, people would call me a retard, and rightfully so. So why are people expecting deep philosophical discussion from a movie about a guy who beats people up with a flying fucking hammer? It's bullshit.

Omega. The end.

Lame

Paying right people

I genuinely do not get why people who hate capeshit keep going to watch capeshit. By this point, after the billion other films, you should know whether or not you like watching superheroes make stupid jokes while beating up bad guys. This is the third Thor movie and like the fifth movie Thor has been in and the 17th Marvel cinematic universe movie. You should know what they're like now and if you went and saw this one and were disappointed, you only have your own dumb ass to blame fuck you.

Make a fun movie that people enjoy
easy as shit

Anyone can do it, except maybe DC.

You are lame.

Sure...
> imdb.com/title/tt2094262/
> imdb.com/title/tt2306299/
> imdb.com/title/tt2543312/
> imdb.com/title/tt2239822/
> imdb.com/title/tt4122068/
> imdb.com/title/tt3230854/
> imdb.com/title/tt3647998/
> imdb.com/title/tt4158110/
> imdb.com/title/tt1856101/
> imdb.com/title/tt2975590/
> imdb.com/title/tt0468569/
> imdb.com/title/tt2101383/
> imdb.com/title/tt2884018/
> imdb.com/title/tt0119223/
> imdb.com/title/tt0119643/
> imdb.com/title/tt0478304/
> imdb.com/title/tt0448134/
> imdb.com/title/tt0118884/
> imdb.com/title/tt0299977/
> imdb.com/title/tt0485947/
> imdb.com/title/tt1054606/
> imdb.com/title/tt2278388/
> imdb.com/title/tt1699748/
> imdb.com/title/tt0477348/
> imdb.com/title/tt0469494/
> imdb.com/title/tt0217505/
> imdb.com/title/tt0120586/
> imdb.com/title/tt0139654/

Tons of others... If you want me to focus on a particular timeframe or genre let me know.

I just thought it was some green lantern symbol or some shit that actually meant something instead of hipster 2deep4u shit.

Wasted opportunity, IMO

Yeah why doesn't my children's movie have deep artistic merit?

See :
Like i said, much of the symbolism and meaning went completely over people's heads.. Which is fine. But just reflects why people complain most often. That was a powerful scene that had far ranging meaning but likely meant nothing to the casual observer.

And there you go... exactly why kino gets shit ratings. People lack depth and broad ranging understanding thus films as such don't resonate w/ them.

>Watchmen = pretentious garbage
Yeah it's not like it's the best capeshit ever made, with a perfect score, beautiful cinematography, actual character development of intriguing multi-dimensional characters, meaningful dialogue, actual strive and grit and the possibility of loss and one of the best movie endings of all time.

Watchmen has more kino to it than all Marvel and all other DC movies combined.

I didn't understand a scene from the movie in which Banner is talking to Thor, and Bruce's head seems small while Thor's appearance is gigantic. Was that a filming error or what?

>Yeah it's not like it's the best capeshit ever made, with a perfect score, beautiful cinematography, actual character development of intriguing multi-dimensional characters, meaningful dialogue, actual strive and grit and the possibility of loss and one of the best movie endings of all time.
Can't tell if you are talking about 300, Man of Steel, or Batman vs Superman there.

Cate Blanchett looks extremely fucking hot in this movie.

>clicked one randomly and it's mr robot
you should consider killing yourself

Without exception, those movies don't come across as self-aware and dripping with too-cool-for-school irony. They have a self-respect and a gravitas that's been absent from the overwhelming majority of Disney's Marvel. Ragnarok is just another case-in-point. Even The Golden Child's comedy arises from a serious situation being mocked by a guy who does it as a defense mechanism. Murphy's character is a fish-out-of-water contrast to the film's more serious tone. When all of your leads carry this same degree of flippancy, it loses its effect and charm, becoming low-brow, empty, inorganic potshots at the lowest-hanging fruit. That's the difference.

Arguing that a character like a Thor might be doing similar only betrays a lack of familiarity with the character. Thor can still have legitimately funny moments, but then again, so did Conan. By appealing to the lowest common denominator, that's what they rob his actual fans of - a spiritual successor to the sword and sandal films of the past. It could have been amazing. Instead, it's forgettable, disposable "fun."

She dumped him

plebs aren't people

t. reddit

Plebs didn't like the movie

Really? Cause a while back someone said she looked like complete shit in this movie

Oh, my bad. I didn't know you knew literally nothing about Darkseid. It's pretty much exclusively associated with him in the comics.

It is Darkseid's symbol.

>like Watchmen, Logan

Ohh, then its about some villain? That's cool, I hope the symbol keeps showing up then to foreshadow him.

300, really? The most one dimensional cardboard cutout characters known to man? I think you're confusing ridiculous slow motion blood spraying mutilation with depth and story telling.

>actual character development of intriguing multi-dimensional characters,
The guy with the eyepatch, the wife, the traitor, all multidimensionals. I would even argue Leonidas was multidimensional in a onedimensional way. His actions were deep as shit.
>meaningful dialogue,
300 speaks for itself.
>actual strive and grit and the possibility of loss
300 yet again, speaks for itself.
> and one of the best movie endings of all time
You know it to be truth.

The depth isn't in what's shown. It's in understanding *why* it's shown that way.

Why are the Spartans glorious warrior Adonises?

Why are their enemies literally subhuman monsters?

Why is even the wolf young Leonidas fights hyper-stylized?

Who is telling the story?

300 was great you faggot.

You wouldn't understand...
I use several shows as pleb filters....
Mr. Robot is one of them.
One of my favorites is when some brainlet /g like person says x,y,z is not possible when, as an industry insider, I know it to be exactly how it works. I don't say anything, I just let them babble on about the absurdity of the show and reveal the limits of their understanding of all things tech related.

As for the broader concepts, hilariously it has front-run several things :
> The rise of manipulative china
> An all to possible near term possibility : The rise of a power-elite bitcoin commerce system that shit-head plebs thought was meant to revolutionize finance and free them but is instead used to enslave them.

As I've stated before, actual kino causes cognitive dissonance among brainlets. There are tons of Sup Forums. I'm curious, do you have a comp eng/comp sci degree? comp sec? Do you know anything about geopolitical events, markets, or economics? Of course not, but I'm sure this is why you are so rattled by a show that requires you have such understanding to appreciate it.

Thanks for outing yourself.

Cate Blanchett in a form fitting suit makes my willy extremely happy.

Lacks color but I guess its good enough

Cate Blanchett was horrible, acting was cringy with the forced accent, but what does she care, easy money

You are arguing against arguments I have not made and that no one in this thread has made.

>it's forgettable, disposable "fun."
That's not really a bad thing, though.

Also is that from Justice League?

Is he the one that sent all those bugmen from one of the webms circling around?

Actually its better if these movies take the funny/comedic turn...I mean adults arent supposed to take seriously dudes with superpowers who save the days because whatever.

Better to hit the funny angle (and also you already have DC who tries to make superheroes a serious business sheeeiiit)

OCCULT
C
C
U
L
T

>That's not really a bad thing, though.
This.

You Sup Forums losers are so out of touch with reality.

So you are at home with your girlfriend and you want to watch a movie that doesn't remind you of real life issues, it will give both of you a fun time, you are guaranteed to not waste your money away, hopefully it doesn't make you think that much so you don't have to explain the movie to your girlfriend. What do you watch? Protip: Marvel films.

So you are with your wife's son and your wife and you want to watch a family friendly movie. You go check the cinema catalog and what do you find? A superhero film. Guaranteed fun time for the entire family. Off you go.

So you are alone and you want to pretend you have friends to laugh with, where do you go? To the cinema and watch a marvel film of course.

Learn2realLife you fucking autists

This is where the average viewer's brain short circuits. I am convinced a number of people's brains are incapable of perceiving anything beyond what occurs at the surface level in a film. They literally are only able to appreciate and interpret what occurs in an obvious nature from scene to scene...
> boom explosion
Fuck that was cool
> Blood splattering
dam, that's awesome and violent
> Cool warrior customs
Dam those look cool, I think I'm going to wear that at the next comicon
> Elaborate chariot
Fuck that villan looks bad-ass

> Put an Omega symbol prominently in a destroyed city scape..
It doesn't even register

> Put in reflective dialogue of a transcendent nature
Gee, homeboi is really angry.. he's probably gonna slaughter their whole army

The average pleb doesn't have a deep thought cross their mind in the course of a week. They definitely don't grasp this in a movie. Their brain can go one level deep and that practically centers on 'dam that was cool' or graphically pleasing.

In this present day faux economy where idiots are prosperous :
theverge.com/2017/9/1/16243356/juicero-shut-down-lay-off-refund

There is no consequence to being a brainlet. Products and markets have catered to this majority for some time and the overall quality of media and thus society has taken a turn for the worse. Appealing to the least common denominator/no dumbass left behind on the big screen. When confronted with something beyond their depth, they don't think.. Gee, I didn't understand that, let me google it or learn about it.. They go over to an echo chamber like reddit to be reaffirmed by other dumbasses that their shit tier opinions are valid. Literal feedback reinforcement of idiocy. I'm happy though that there is a hamster wheel to keep them busy.. It leaves a wealth of other amazing content untouched.

>heh i'm smarter than most people
No, you aren't.

>It leaves a wealth of other amazing content untouched.
kek like BR2049

confirmed flop that lost millions in production by the way

you need the brainlets

Do tell where the depth of the uninformed glorification of failed historic attempts at eugenics and social engineering lies. Is it in the fact that the movie completely ignores the only reason that the battle unfolded like it did 5 mins into it for the sake of "stylish" slaughter of miraculously incompetent conquerors of much of ancient greece?

The movie does a great job with its visuals - e.g. its color pallette - but that does not constitute depth or apt story telling. It's stylish drivel.

He's coming because the Kryptonian is dead. He'll have an army of bugmen with him when he arrives.

It's from Batman vs Superman.

Brainlets are unaware as such.
The depth of their thinking is : Oh, spoopy scene.

Just as I'm sure a large number of idiots are unaware of the Norse Mythology surrounding Thor and how it is an alternative thesis to Heaven/Hell Christianity...
> Oh look, a rainbow bridge.. so colorful.

Just as in real life, a huge depth of meaning is found everywhere. Only a initiated minds are able to perceive it... and in some cases bring it to life.

>It's from Batman vs Superman.
no, it isn't

I watched it on TV a couple days ago.

It's from the Ultimate Edition
Don't watch the theatrical version, it's worse

But we are initiated, aren't we, Sup Forums?