Why is this the only show to give me genuine laughs? I never laugh unless I'm watching this

Why is this the only show to give me genuine laughs? I never laugh unless I'm watching this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6vbCKava_JE
youtube.com/watch?v=xMW-SzZKJ-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6LpXiCXD0hw
youtube.com/watch?v=BNuuiydKlI0
youtube.com/watch?v=5L7GsGc5adk
youtube.com/watch?v=h1xCqptlNcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's very unique. Rick and Morty for subtle people.

because actually good comedians get more rare by the day, it's become like pop music

i am constantly smiling during it, and laughing. i hardly ever laugh but everything in this show is just timed.

it just seems every character they have on is perfect for the show...even the presenter for the '4 year anniversary' celebration show was fucking funny...how the fuck do they do it

really? im constantly skipping through it because i cant bear the interactions

is this in reference to the bane meme?

that's my favourite bit, and it's pretty much the full show (awkward conversations), so idk how you can skip through it. i know they're semi-scripted conversations, but they're all so fucking funny.

no

so nobody else has this same reaction to this show? was i just lucky to find a show which is perfect for me to make me laugh?

Shows like this only work until you reach a point where the fame converges with the premise of the show. It's simply can't be as good as it was in the first season.

it's a cringe-fest
some people appreciate that

No, it's my favorite show too. It hits all the buttons perfectly.

I like it too but
this

i'm watching season 4 and it's still just as funny, i'm on episode 2 near the end, and there's this old woman waiting for a massage on a bed and nathan comes up to her and tells her:

>he's got warts
>oh that's ok as warts are not a contagious thing
>warts are contagious
>are you sure?
>yes
>oh, they're contagious?
>yes.
>does he wear gloves?
>he will be wearing thin gloves

it's fucking gold, no episode has left me feeling unsatisfied.

i am glad

so, what are your guys favourite ones? mine is pretty boring, it's the camping for rebates ones, especially the end of the episode when the gas store owner goes on a tangent about drinking his grandsons piss.

can i come to your wedding?

I made a thing for this.

i havent laughed this entire season

i'm on the 3rd episode and he's sitting in a meeting he made with a bunch of taxi drivers in a balaclava trying to sabotage ubers business. how the fuck do they come up with this shit man.

this is the patrician answer. that episode is fucking GOAT. i don't have a single bad thing to say about any of nathan for you's episodes, except that i prefer the low-key ones to ones grander in scale. and that gas station one was fucking gold.

>how the fuck do they do it

I honestly couldn't tell you user, but I think I got some insight when I was reading a post about the amount of actors in nathan for you. The poster commented that Nathan's comment that he fishes for people off Craigslist is quite genuine - nearly everyone is from there, and it ensures that he gets the craziest people.

>when the gas store owner goes on a tangent about drinking his grandsons piss.
It's one of the few times Nathan looks genuinely flustered.

Nathan for You, Curb and Vice Principals are literally the only good comedies left

It's pretty great yeah

another time is when nathan organizes the exorcist for the real estate lady (?)

watch that scene closely and you can see nathan break character a couple of times, i swear to god.

I'm absolutely behind you user. I think a lot of people are, but honestly the show is such an enigma that it's hard to talk about - I don't think any of us know exactly /why/ it hits all the right spots.

I unironically refer to the show as a masterpiece when I talk about it though, because I have no other words to describe exactly how finely crafted Nathan For You is.

Yeah, there's a few little instances, where you can sort of see he's thinking 'I've taken this too far'

So far this season he has:

>started a sleeper cell organization
>got married
>created a fake charity organization
>started a band
>impersonated a multi billion dollar company
>got a man to change his name for the sole purpose of leaving a tip at a diner
>started a newspaper

it's like every element of a comedy show which i enjoy was merged into one. i hate to make it sound so pompous and dumb but it's just true for me. there's hardly any scene or sentence which i think 'ah ok that didn't hit' - it's just constant hits for me.

i need to try out vice principles. i love goggins, but just never found the time. i bet i'd enjoy it.

I thought last episode was weak.

I usually like when he creates elaborate schemes to get away with small things, but this episode just felt like he thought "how can I blow this tiny thing into up into the biggest thing I can think of?". It didn't feel organic to me, it felt forced and I was pretty bored at the end. I skipped forward a bit.

I have a similar problem. I don't want to sound pompous or hype up the show TOO much, but literally every moment is gold to me in some way.

It goes beyond scenes just making me laugh, too. There are entire episodes, namely ones like The Claw and the one where he switches bodies with that dude, that have me in genuine awe over what Nathan has managed to pull off.

Season 4 is actually way more of those moments than comedy to me at the moment. I have no idea how this show goes as under appreciated as it is, but I think it would have to have something to do with Nathan trying to suppress the popularity of the show to ensure he can still find people that don't know about him.

>All this talks about a funny show i've never seen
>no one has posted good clips yet

I like this show and R n M

youtube.com/watch?v=6vbCKava_JE

How about you look up the clips you lazy mong

exactly, i am loving season 4 too right now, nearly finished. every bit is memorable, it's perfect for me.

>if you scared
>you drink the small childs pee - it's health'
>i heard from my grand...ma

youtube.com/watch?v=xMW-SzZKJ-Q

youtube.com/watch?v=6LpXiCXD0hw

this show really puts the state of small business in america on display. The majority of the businesses shown are owned and operated by immigrants. it's pretty fascinating.

another season or so of this quality and this may go down as the funniest show ever. Everything about it is amazing

I love the Daddy's Watching segment. Out of all the awful ideas that one manages to stand out to me for some reason.

im so glad that Sup Forums likes nathan for you as much as i do

I started watching it because of Sup Forums. Third genuinely good comedy Sup Forums has put me onto recently.

I keep expecting this to happen, but its surely hasn't yet

He literally married a dude without the guy's knowledge. How did you not laugh at that?

it was considered a red dit comedy for a long time, cos it's sort of like a documentary version of peep show set in america. but even tho i like peep show, this show just has so much more going for it imo.

for the record, i don't like the office.

I loved the fact that he staged a community event pretending to be a multinational corporation

To be fair, this is LA, not exactly typical of America

I love the idea of smuggling chili into hockey games. Sometimes the premise alone is enough to crack me up.

youtube.com/watch?v=BNuuiydKlI0

what didn't hit me until he actually did it, was how fucking dumb and suspect it was to go up to random strangers and ask them if they wanna buy some chilli with no cart/tray for it. just little things like that just make me laugh so much

>season one episode three
>the fucking part where they bring out the second observation tool, another fucking hollowed out object, the cigar indian chief
This show is fucking great

>when the security guard gets brought back for them to pitch a reality show

Kino as shit

I'm late to the party but agree with you fully OP. I'm from eastern Canada and remember this fella when he was on '22 Minutes', and his (constant) absolute straight edge dryness was quite impressive even back then. Nathan For You is absolutely one of the few shows that makes me chuckle out loud, whether I'm watching alone or not.

I honestly think it'll only be a matter of time until he explodes in popularity and the masses learn who Nathan Fielder is. Which is fine I suppose, but hopefully he can maintain his schtick the whole time and keep the magic alive.

I'm honestly surprised he isn't bigger, especially since the Kimmel appearance.

Part of what makes it so funny is that it's actually pretty fucking cruel and mean spirited. Nathan gets these naive people who are legitimately struggling and has them unknowingly participate as pieces in these elaborate comedy sketches under the guise that he's helping them.

I mean even the small moments are pretty mean, like in the most recent episode where he takes clearly the most talented band member who's dedicated years to his craft and likely thinks he's finally getting his big break, and then forces him to play a fucking smoke detector. Or Nathan's commentary where he's blatantly mocking the lead singer guy for being a tool. The heart of the show is basically just kicking people while they're down and it's hilarious.

Yeah agreed. And by "keep the magic alive", I mean I hope he'll continue to be one of those comedians who I get excited to see on TV, interviewed, etc. and is seemingly always in character/caricature. Norm Macdonald obviously comes to mind as an example of that.

Yeah but in the earlier seasons he legitimately has good ideas though. The mountain drop box rebate was actually pretty fucking smart.

Did you see the clip from Seth Meyers the other day?
youtube.com/watch?v=5L7GsGc5adk

Oh and to add to this, I remember showing the Best Buy Price Match episode to a friend and him being legitimately kind of disturbed by how sociopathic Nathan's scheming.

In a time where self-deprecating jokes and memes are popular, nobody does it better than Nathan. Especially in regards to loneliness/romance.

Steve Brule is the only deeply flawed character I could compare with, in terms of making me laugh out loud.

>not big guy for you
one job

>the fucking rebates on gas episode
>the fucking part when they're all at the last riddle and the box is literally right next to them but Nathan fucking cons them out of the gas after having stayed on the hike for like 14 hours
I fucking loved this

FINE YOU UTTER CUNT.

HAPPY NOW?

its because this show is more real than anything youve seen.
nathan actually goes out and does this stuff in reality. and yeah its edited but for the most part there are tangible consequences with each episode. every other show returns to status quo eventually but not this one.

subconsciously you feel this, every other show is just numbing because it doesnt matter.

Last episode was pretty underwhelming and had no surprisingly, lough out loud absurd moments.

>surprisingly, lough out loud absurd moments.
Starting a town hall meeting posing as Shell did it for me

Happened this season too in the warts episode. When one of the men comes in and says "I'm a healer" and his thing drops out of the pocket.

Same here OP
The only show I actuallt LOL to.

It doesn't work with clips. You have to watch the whole segment. On top of that you have to be familiar with the show's premise and his character.

And it was mostly the desperate immigrants who probably agreed to do it and be on TV and who didn't back out once they heard the ideas.

Why don't shows like this record 100 episodes and then air them? Same fate happened to Da Ali G Show.
After one season, it blows up and everyone knows the characters suddenly and you can't have interviews any more.

Because no studio is going to commission 100 episodes, without knowing how it'll be received.

because no network is going to invest the money into making that many episodes not knowing whether audiences will like it

and Nathan has been on for like 5 years a now and most people still don't know about it somehow, so its worked out pretty well

But they all profit from it. How many people went to those people's place to buy things from them or for their services?
Example: the Dumb Starbucks episode. At the end he wrote down "go to that cafe" and I'm willing to bet that a bunch of people went there, even without reading the note because it was featured in the show.

I just realised there is S4 because of this thread
thanks OP!

>"he is going to be on smoke detector"
>"smoke detector"?

where do you watch it
solar movie worked for like a second for me but then it stopped

123stream.tv

Every public torrent tracker has it.

just piratebay

how do retards get into torrent
I know how vpns work and shit

Absolutely. I usually watch comedy shows and find them funny but I don't actually laugh, just sort of smirk and blow air out of my nose. Nathan For You, Nirvanna the Band the Show and Aunty Donna videos actually make me laugh though.

You download a torrent file or magnet link and open it in a bittorrent client program.

k

i am glad others feel the same way. it makes me feel 15 again, a time i'd laugh at anything.

Yeah, Nathan's show is funnier once you start looking back on it and summarize what happened. This is best demostrated in the Best Buy episode when the TV store owner gets labeled as delusional by telling the psychiatrist what he and Nathan actually did.

so true. when i looked back at the grandsons urine episode, i didn't realise just how much nathan was taken aback by it...idk if it was scripted or not but it made me laugh my ass off even more the second time, i missed him talking about how he drinks it when 'he's scared' because the first time i was just laughing.

>.idk if it was scripted or not
Nathan was way too surprised at the direction that conversation took for it to be scripted

>so you and your brother have sex with the same women at the same time?
>ya, we just like tag team man
>I wish I had a relationship like that with my brother

goes to meet his brother at 2am to ask about tag team

this the most kino show

>have you drunk your grandsons pee?
>yeah!
>why?
>i was scared

isn't that one of the episode were nathan nearly breaks?

I remember making Nathan For You threads as season 1 was airing, and all people did were shitpost Bane.

I'm so much fucking cooler than all of you holy shit! I've known about it since the very start, I saw its genius before you bandwagon fags jumped on board.

holy fuck didnt they're doing season 4

Shoutout to J-Squad

7:45
youtube.com/watch?v=h1xCqptlNcM

if you haven't seen it before tho, just watch it all, the part he breaks isn't even that funny.

Not that guy, but yes.

>everyone looks unsure and a little bored
>"Everyone was excited by the idea"

its probably the only thing making fun of the current state of media.