"There is no god summer, gotta rip that band-aid off now you'll thank me later."

>"There is no god summer, gotta rip that band-aid off now you'll thank me later."

Why did I let Sup Forums talk me into watching this quasi-intellectual shitshow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BxwZWXBwxFU&t=440s
youtube.com/watch?v=FaclXqpBpr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But god isn't real senpai.

>Believing in God

Sounds like the only pseudo-intellectual here is you, OP.

I prefer to think of myself as alt-intelligent.

>this cartoon hurt my feelings

>dismissing religion outright because you were raised on the internet in the 2010s when it was uncool to admit to believing in god
whose the real sheep here?

His position on religion changes depending on how much it allows him to talk down to others, like in the Christmas episode.

>tfw I will never be so pathetic that I get upset when a cartoon character disagrees with my belief

>You guys are all on your phones? Don't you people know it's Christmas, the birthday of Jesus Christ

Pretty sure Rick would piss on your beliefs no matter what they are and I'm pretty sure he'd disagree with you no matter what his personal beliefs are

It's a fedora tipping stance that tryhards use to gain social prestige points.

The irony here is that the exact opposite is true on Sup Forums.

There's another part where he's about to die and it goes something like this:

>Willingly gives up his life for Morty and makes his peace with it
>Is presented with a chance to save himself
>Begins frantically praying to God as he takes advantage of it
>Immediately after his safety is ensured he yells "fuck you God!" and is atheist again

It's how Rick is: ultimately both a supreme genius as well as an edgy and existentially terrified person.

user we both know this is a bait post from a bored other user who's gonna take pleasure in watching stupid bait-biting newfags post.

>waaa this cartoon character (who is supposed to be a gigantic asshole) said god isn't real waaa

It's not so much that Rick doesn't believe in a god, crazier things have happened, but that Rick hates the concept of godhood itself, and in large part seeks to surpass it himself.

>a fictional character in a show doesn't correspond with my beliefs therefor its shit now

some SJW-tier shit, here, OP.

MOM COME QUICK, LOOK I MADE A BAIT THREAD!

He only says what he knows Jerry doesn't want his kids to hear.

This made me laugh more than it should have.

OH LOOK IT'S BAIT!

NOT ONLY BAIT, BUT BAIT THAT HAS BEEN USED ON Sup Forums WITH THIS SAME SHOW AND PHRASE BEFORE!

OH MAN, I WONDER IF ANONS WILL FALL FOR THE BAIT!

Do you think that anons will fall for the bait?

You forgot to call it Reddit and Maymay, OP. Get your shitposting right.

>there is no God
>prays to God the moment he is in serious shit

Rick is a funny but very broken human being Sup Forums, you shouldn't take philosophical advice from him.

As if Sup Forums can help relating to broken, self-hating asshole characters.

it's called hedging his bets, it has absolutely nothing to do with faith

Everyone loves sociopaths and assholes as fictional characters. Dr. House, Dexter, etc

>Rick goes full Pascal's wager when he thinks he will die
Kek

Notice how we all know this is a bullshit thread, but we're all sticking around for it. We just love to fill our heads with sensational counterproductive bullshit.

>you shouldn't take philosophical advice from him.
I feel like Sup Forums assumes that Reddit does, which is part of why this show gets constantly called Reddit.

maybe

So admitting to being an atheist is too mainstream now? Fuck off, hipster

Will rick and morty cover automation next season?

For how much Sup Forums likes to shitpost about Reddit, it unsurprisingly knows very little about Reddit. Actually, you could make that argument for anything Sup Forums shitposts about. Other boards, cartoons, comics...

Because you're a weak willed faggot

Take some responsibility for your own actions for once in your life.

He has to believe there's no God because if there was, Rick would pay for all the horrible things he's done.

Sup Forums is the worst board.
Not the most hated board, not the most infamous board, but by and large the worst.

That's a weird way of spelling Sup Forums.

Na he can just repent and then it would be k.

And on that subject, what if God as we know it was just a Universe creator and nothing more, like how Rick created that tiny Universe. I'm sure those people don't have an afterlife. So why should Rick.

2007 was ten years ago. Even Sup Forums has managed to pick itself up and make of itself a half decent board at least. And so has Sup Forums.

Sup Forums meanwhile is the most useless and toxic board in the site.

You know what, I'm just going to use this thread to ask Sup Forums what it thinks of Wisecrack

youtube.com/watch?v=BxwZWXBwxFU&t=440s

youtube.com/watch?v=FaclXqpBpr0

One of a dozen channels that reads way too much into things.

Rick has seen enough shit to know that if God exists that shit is way more complicated and fucked up than "there's an old wizard in the clouds who loves you and has a plan for you to be happy forever".

>Favourite episodes
>Get Schwifty

uhhh, what?

Why did being a christfag become socially acceptable? Try saying this shit 10 years ago, you'd be laughed off the internet. What happened?

Contrarianism went TOO FAR
Also, more people got internet access

>in the 2010s when it was uncool to admit to believing in god

The fuck are you talking about? If anything the status quo has reasserted itself and atheism is considered uncool and borderline persecuted. Atheism was only cool from like 1995 to 2010.

Calm down m8. The show was just making a joke about how nihilistic Rick is. We all know God is actually real.

nu-Atheists became twice as insufferable.

Sup Forums is just Sup ForumsLite at this point. A den of hatred and contrarianism the likes of which even Sup Forums would be jealous of.

Lmfao

It isn't considered cool or uncool

Because Sup Forums loves being counter-culture. Now, because the internet is mostly atheist, they pretend to be Christian to avoid being labelled a normie. It's quite pathetic really, and I find it hilarious that people have the gall to accuse atheists of being edgy, when they're just trying to be even edgier.

Have you ever talked to an actual religious extremist? No "nu-Atheist" could ever be even half as insufferable, and the religious extremists are a political bloc that push their bullshit on real humans. Not sure how wearing le unfashionable hat and being annoying like the stereotypical modern atheist is worse than that.

Atheists have lost the courage of their conviction thanks to a few neckbeards and it breaks my heart.

>at this point

New?

Contrariness.

Incorrect. Pic related is the reason.

As in, there's not even the possibility of denying it. Mods on this site have long since given up and Hiroshimoot doesn't give one half of a shit about board or discussion quality.

Sup Forums grew up and realized that the endgame of Marxism is a million times worse than Reddit image macros.

Or maybe the adults left and all that we're left with is the dumbass underaged faggots that can only echo what conspiracy theorists and white supremacists say and try desperately to fit in, still not realizing that this is an anonymous website.

>Sup Forums meanwhile is the most useless and toxic board in the site.
No, that's /r9k/.

t. /r9k/ regular.

It was never socially unacceptable.
It was socially unacceptable to be an insufferable cunt, who had to shove their beliefs down peoples throats when they didn't ask for it, and keep saying that whoever didn't believe like they did, was bad or dumb people.
And it still is, which is why people hate obnoxious atheists too.

Did Uncle Karl ever write anything about quelling anal pain?

You're talking about deism.

In which case Rick isn't. The fact that he prayed to God implies that he's in some way a theist.

I have a theory that the quality of a board's discussion is proportional to the "legitimacy" of its medium.

>Sup Forums
>Comics and cartoons are for kids
>Easily accessible shitposting, the same few topics discussed over and over

>Sup Forums
>Video games are considered one of the most immature pastimes out there, nobody over the age of 30 plays them
>Ultimately easy access to shitposting

>Sup Forums
>Has notable historical and highbrow artistry but it gets drowned out in a sea of lowest-common-denominator popular entertainment
>Shitposting about popular things drowning out the occasional potential for an interesting discussion

>/lit/, /his/, /ic/
>Generally considered "learned" topics most people don't have a strong relationship with
>Relatively higher on-point discussions, memes are usually related to matters being discussed

Great job at thinking for yourself user. Keep worrying about those dirty liberals.

Keep crying Christfag

Every alternate timeline Rick was praying to God in a final plea.

He simply doesn't see any reason to think or care about an all-powerful being that doesn't choose to interact with his life in a physical way.

>/lit/, /his/
>relatively higher on-point discussions, memes usually related to matters being discussed

Are you fucking high? They're shitpost central aside from the slow-moving 300+ all purpose threads to discuss Byzantiboo's or excerpts from your writings.
I can't speak for /ic/ however.

Dude, I think Christianity and it's brothers are some of the dumbest religions out there, but as long as they don't shove it down my throat, or hurt people, I do not give a fuck about their world view, or yours for that matter.

It sounds like he's bashing only atheists. But, when you read that very end part with "too" it implies that atheism there is an example. So, in that case Christians can also be considered in what was said.

And whether or not he's about to die.

The sad thing is that most of the Abrahamic religions are missionary in nature. Save for Judaism, which was at one time but now appears to be mostly be non-missionary.

In the case of Indian based religions I've found that Buddhism is one, too.

Christ-chan is too cute

you're not the first one to royally miss the point
rick's a big giant asshole and a huge hypocrite. the point isn't his opinions (which the creators probably do agree with given that they're starburns and roiland), the point is how he's such a big asshole about spreading them around in a condescending but completely mellow casual way so that you can't object without looking like YOU'RE the fuckup
then he periodically violates them

They actually talk about the aspects of what it is they're discussing and what is good and bad about it. Sup Forums / Sup Forums / Sup Forums will just call something tumblr and then the whole thread goes to shit.

Uhhhh hate to break it to you man but religion is just a control scheme and public divider.

Jesus Christ is like the 5th or so iteration/combination of that character.

There are just so many things wrong with each religion.

>marixsm
Keep misusing the word and it will become meaningless.

There's nothing wrong with religions that encourage others to love each other.

You know I think that is one of the saddest things about it.
So much talk of love but it sparks so much more diversity. I mean that is one of easiest ways to make an acquaintance dislike you. Even if you believe in the same god arguments easily unglue relationships.

Politics and religion are constructs meant to divide us while those that run the world through our capitalist society are unable to be touched because these divisionsites keep us short sighted on the real problems.

How are we going to survive as a race when we are going to run of space?
When will we switch to alternative fuel sources before it's a disaster.
Why are people hungry in a technologically advanced society?
How will we not destroy the world with our trash and consumption.

There is so much to work for but we are too short sighted a people and are unable to unify due to paper chains of money and concepts of deities.

I like Rick and Morty' but this show is overrated. The only thing distancing it from family guy is that it's dark moments actually have emotional depth.

Even Justin Roiland didn't like that episode from what I recall.

Still say it would have been funnier if Rick acted as though he did believe in God. Like that was the one thing he couldn't be sure of, so he was covering his bases.

Figured that was the case at the end of the Xmas episode when he made a big deal out of it being Jesus' birthday.

And then that emotional depth is completely forgotten and the status quo restored as if nothing had ever happened.

that emotional depth is becoming more and more cliche with every episode

>is that it's dark moments actually have emotional depth.
Nah

Usually, militant atheists don't like to think in those terms. It's easier for them to reduce God to something patently because otherwise he's basically their C'thulhu.

100% bullshit, New Atheists right now are right up there with Jehova's Witnesses. If they were numerous enough to actually affect the vote or just communities in general, they'd be like Mormons.

>getting triggered by throwaway jokes

Remember when we made fun of others for this? Oh, wait, we still do.

feminism.jpg
Also no one likes smug fucks on the internet.

Let's just agree that fanaticism in general is cancer.

agreed. political plurality is needed if humanity is to survive re-entry into the Hyper Wars.

>the earth is round, not flat. here's some evidence
ok

>the earth is millions of years old and prayer has no effect on reality. here's some evidence
you smug fedora fuck everyone hates your kind

Hey, mormons are very fucking nice people. Naive and a bit exclusive, but very nice.

Farewell. Your kind won't be missed. Y'know the kind who can't embrace the opinions of others without getting triggered and crying on a web forum.

Can you please tell me the point of that board?

>rick states god isnt real
>even though he is god of his own diamension
>even though mr.needful is the devil

More like I stopped believing in God as I grew older and realized that believing Christianity makes little sense even when you ignore the scientific aspect of it. And honestly I'm not denying the possibility of god as much as I'm denying any existing human interpretation of it.

The Christian god would be anyone's Cthulu if they actually paid attention to how fucked up the whole concept is.

>He creates you
>He knows the future
>He makes rules and expects you to follow them
If he knows the future when you're created by him he's essentially creating people he knows will fail. Think about that, in Christianity the people who don't follow God's will were created just to fail.

Only real purpose I know of is that you can't make the same post more than once or you'll be banned for a short while.