Mark Waid comics to become even more politically charged

Brace yourselves, folks. I bet this goes for every other Marvel writer too.

Good. The best era in comics (Bronze) was when the writers were at their most politically charged.

Fuck

Oh goddammit, Waid. You're good at straight superhero stories, but fall on your face the second you try and be topical. Just... stick to what you're good at for fucks sake.

>More politically charged comics.

Just fucking stop already. This was /never/ good. The people who enjoyed those stories, even the older ones, are brain dead retards.

With the bronze age stories it was clear what they were trying to say or talking about, but they tended to approach the subject within the world of the comic. It was still a superhero adventure, it was just also about Watergate

When you just have your brightly colored spandex wearing characters announce what the issue is your work suffers.

Well, color me surprised.

restrain your underlings Ike

Will the #Champions have a #woke adventure about Kamala's mosque getting shot up by fellow muzzies?

>Implying Silverage wasn't the best.

I'm fucking done with this shoot, Sup Forums. We need Jim Shooter back stat, how do we get him to return?

>it's another millennial who thinks Shooter's reign was perfect
You kids would be cute if you weren't so annoying.

This is true, I hope we get more bronze age style commentary comics, those were some good shit

It feels like there aren't as many talented writers now, or at least not talented in the same way, as there were then, though, but maybe a few can put out something worthwhile

Deathstroke #11 was a step in the right direction

Shooter was a good editor responsible for some of Marvel's greatest moments. He wasn't perfect but I'd rather have him than fucking Brevoort and Alonso.

What was your favorite period in comics? Because Golden/Bronze age were politically charged.

How far will they have to push it before Disney has to step in?

Good. All stories are political in nature in a Democracy.

>Shooter was a good editor responsible for some of Marvel's greatest moments
Having a good laugh here.

It could be good, if it wasn't the likes of Waid, Bendis, Wilson, etc.

>Wilson
Wilson is fine or at the minimum serviceable. She's no Nick Spencer

>Spencer
Knew I was forgetting someone

Also Kamala's book has declined in quality and I fully expect her to reach Waid levels of preachiness in response to the """Muslim ban"""

Politics during the bronze age of comics took a back seat to character driven stories delving into the psychology of the character. If the writer was a bumbling retard who had no idea what they were talking about, it was excusable because at the end of the day the main focus was on the main character.

I know you're joking, but goddamn do the Shooter kids make me mad, they seriously don't get what it was like under his tenure. It wasn't dire, but it was a far shot from perfect.

>All stories are political in nature in a Democracy

nigga wut

>that issue where Roy and Mac replace Pretzels with a bull

Goddammit Nick

I agree in regards to the quality of the era, but the overtly political comics were the weakest part.

He's a marxist trying to push his fetish.

Back to Sup Forums with you, dear.

>Best Avengers
>2nd Best Spidey
>Best Daredevil
>Best Thor
>Best X-Men
>Best X-Universe

cmon son

Sup Forums is a board of peace and you have no right to deport us

History sort of made it easier to lionize him, what with things *visibly* going to shit only after he left. It's easy to overlook how a lot of those problems came as a result of his policies.

Not sure why my first comment was deleted, either.

>Dumbass who doesn't understand politics doubles down on how much they know about politics.

Is it just that we're spoiled? Do people honestly need to look for a reason to be offended because we honestly don't have one? Dear God, 90 days where people won't be able to come into this country?!? THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till after the 90 days where Trump does the next thing he said he was going to do after the 90 day ban. Deporting people who are in this country illegally. The media outcry of defending literal illegals living in the country /illegally/ will be the most obnoxious shit ever. Read a fucking book people.

I'd say take your role play back to /d/, but I think they hate you too.

You're just mad that Sup Forums is more diverse than us.

>implying going "This must be the work of a bourgeois Stand!" all the time at everything isn't textbook Marxism

Of course, yesteryear's bourgeois is today's The Patriarchy.

>best Avengers
I'll give you everything but this.

And I'd take

>real best Avengers
>best Cap
>best Strange
>best Panther
>Warlock
>Howard the Duck
>Man-Thing
>Conan

over those any day.

Most of those were despite Shooter, not thanks to him, especially the X-line, where Claremont wanted to do far more with than was allowed to.

We (and by that I mean Putin only) hired bald Hitler to run 'Merica.
So I think we all expect Marvel to do a "Dark Reign 2".
The only real questions are who's going to be the Norman this time and what's DC going to do to mimic Marvel again?

>2nd Best Spidey

We talking about Kaine or Ben?

Partisan antipathy is a thing, user. People are increasingly less tolerant of other people's opinions.

>and by that I mean Putin only

Proof?

is this somehow a surprise?

expect it more from every form of art

Lex was president first.

Dark Reign is a knock off

I think what makes liberal soapboxing in comics (and in everything else) so fucking horrible is that it's almost entirely emotional appeals and nothing else. And it's the same emotional appeals over and over and over.

>We (and by that I mean Putin only) hired bald Hitler to run 'Merica.
But Clinton didn't win the election.

None, but it's easier for her than confronting that they voted for the most corrupt politician in American history.

All arguable.
What isn't arguable is that Secret Wars 1&2 were hot garbage that fucked everything they touched up and kicked off theendless cycle of event/cross over jerk offery that continues to this day.
Thanks Jim!

>People are increasingly less tolerant of other people's opinions.

I could tell you that, but something tells me that's not what Waid is going to be railing against.

Yeah, fucking figures. Every single time I ask for any sort of citations the user just fucks off. Not even trying to be aggressive.They just want you to listen and believe.

So in other words all black character comics are gonna go full black lives matters, while the hispanics get one deportation/illegal alien story each, while the rest go on and on about how trump himself is the devil OR pretend the cuckqueen won

Does anyone in this board actually pay for comics at this point, and if so...why?

when I was new I was directed to OG Secret Wars as a good classic Marvel event, and I got an incoherent mess clearly more about selling toys than telling a story. Utter trash.

DC is far less cucked, and the big 2 aren't the only publishers

So how many people that go on and on about Simonson Thor have even read the whole thing?
The quality drops signifiganty after the death of the Executioner.

>DC
>mimic Marvel
I think you've got that a bit backwards.

>what's DC going to do to mimic Marvel again

Are you sure you didn't get that backwards?

Are you fucking retarded? Civil War is what did all that. Secret Wars just put events on the scene, there is absolutely nothing wrong with events that are space apart.

Why does Sup Forums think Marvel is the only comic company?

the yearly event cycle didn't start in earnest til House of M in 2005

Maybe you should wear a vagina on your head and block traffic, that'll show him.

>eight years of BAWWWWWWW TRUMP comics

Comics, like all nerd media, usually have a lot of works recommended out of sheer nostalgia or canonical importance moreso than quality. You learn to sort the wheat from the chaff after a while.

>hating frog Thor
I'm not big on Thor in general, but the run doesn't really drop off that bad after Simonson stops drawing.

>Deleted post.

because they don't read comics only watch marvel movies, because not even /poltv/ is braindead enough to enjoy dc

everyone already hates him 8 days in. I don't think he will get reelected and that's even if he wanted to, 4 years is a long time for our oldest pres

because DC and the rest are slightly more mature about their politics and don't pack them into single standout easily-repostable pages like several of Marvel's comics

I wonder if either of the big two thought of publishing a line of titles to cater to the hard right. Nothing mainline, but Elseworlds styled web series where Superman deals with aliens immigrating illegally to Earth while confronting the fact that he's part of that problem. Wonder Woman who fights the destructive and violent nature of feminism. Batman who comes to believe that arming the law abiding citizens of Gotham will help deter crime. It would great for the conniption fits alone.

the same polls that said he had no chance of winning.

Why in god's name would anybody do that?

those were alternative facts, and you might be right in 4 years everyone will be dumb, and everyone smart will be dead due to no vaccines or insurance.

The polls said that he was at 37% before he took office.
He's zenkai boosting.

>Batman who comes to believe that arming the law abiding citizens of Gotham will help deter crime
>batman
>wanting guns
>ever
also superman had an issue of grounded that dealt with that, he basically told them get a job or leave

There's clearly a market growing. Best to take advantage of it now before a competitor steals that money printing machine.

That isn't how polling works. He had a 30% chance and got lucky, and the numbers show that his win was by the skin of his teeth.

I agree with you on the Secret Wars but also the New Mutants Secret Wars 2 issues/fall out issues are maybe my favorite Marvel comics of all time.

>Most of those were despite Shooter, not thanks to him

I can't argue with this

>There's clearly a market growin
no there isn't Sup Forums doesnt read comics

Rubber bullets. Scout's honor.

>There's clearly a market growing
do you have even a single fact to back that up

might as well just give everyone batarangs then

Just stop. When it is all stop?

he has alternative facts to back that up

>There's clearly a market growing.

No there isn't. The Electoral College doesn't apply to sales, and by the numbers right wingers were a minority.

Plus nobody wants to write that kind of stuff because it would poison their brand.

there's zero evidence that large numbers of people that voted for him are turned off by the Muslim ban, but the same liberals that have been whining since election night are now supposed to represent the entire country being outraged over it

4-8 years. maybe less/

But they're not Batmans. They'd have to be some kind of human-arangs.

Guys I'm running out of escapism places. What the fuck do I do?

I've just been rewatching the entirety of Star Trek at this point. As an aside, Season 2 of TNG is horribly bad and I want Pulalski shoved out of an airlock.

never

>there's zero evidence that large numbers of people that voted for him are turned off by the Muslim ban,
people are also pissed at him still acting like a child, even in office, or at their insurance being taken away, or banning those places from tweeting

>forgetting Pence
>forgetting best girl becoming the first female POTUS

Learn to write and make your own escapism.

>dear
oh my god, i can smell the landwhale.

Poison... or revitalize?

The last time reality had anyone close to this corrupt become America's president DC made Lex Luthor run for and win the highest office.

watch all of the doctor who. the original which is still a decent amount

>Bush
>corrupt

>vp running an winning
hahaha
>trump's slut winning
hahahahaha

Perhaps if the Clinton News Network could learn to stop lying, the White House would talk to them again.

>fellow muzzies
oh my god you dumb fucking Drumpfkin just because they shouted allahu ackbar does NOT make them Muslims, they could have been white supremacists shouting that ironically for all we know, the police still haven't released the shooters' names or race

The people that voted for him are a minority. The approval ratings track everyone, even people who didn't vote- which means that people who abstained from voting or voted third party also hate him.

A 36% approval rating is not good.

they just are saying alternative facts bro

Waid is not Priest, lemme just pop that balloon for you.

Priest understands that a complex situation doesn't have a simple solution, and acknowledges that all involved parties have at least some level of accountability in both the problem and the solution.

Waid has a teenage Muslim punch out a gang of clown rapists and then tweet about it, #woke