Unsounded

ooga booga where da copper wimmen at
seriously this black with red hair thing is kinda hot

How dead is dog

I am now eagerly awaiting the inevitable meeting between the Queen and Duane.

>Duane gets a date with the queen because she thinks he's a single father
Also, the artificial flower pattern on that dog is freaking me out. Does it bother anyone else how casually its skin is a flower pattern?

It's glamour user, the big dogs shown back when Sett met matty for the first time had the same thing.

It's a pymaric glamour! Maybe stored in that teal collar? Basically it's like. A projector, almost? But on the dog. The dog's actual coat is probably the same color as its puppies' coat.

That dog is so dead.

I am getting mixed signals from the queen. She plays midwife to dogs while the country is losing a war, but she sees that there is something shady going on with the silver and general's story. She marry an aldish but seems to know how politically unwise was to do so. It feels like she knows exactly how she should act as a ruler but still lets herself go outside of that narrow path a few times.

Which makes me think she may be playing the fool on purpose. Acting like a muddled old lady obsessed with puppies and a hot new boy toy while covertly up to some deadly? shenanigans.

I want to know mooooore. But I'm afraid this scene's going to wrap.

Or maybe she's trying to escape her responsibilities temporarily by letting herself have these few indulgences? I have no idea, just guessing here, but her line in the last panel implies regrets of a sort.

Oh no, poor doggy.
What do you think it is? That once better dogs are born they get rid of the old ones?

I think it's a metaphor for how motherhood/parenthood permanently changes the course of one's life. That and/or foreshadowing of some sort.

Tirna will be feasting TONIGHT

I think we get one more page on wednesday and it's gonna be some kind of twist before a cut to Duane and Sette

So I was rereading chapter 11 to remember if they mentioned Port Morstorben, and found this page. This will not end well, but we all knew that anyways.

Aldish elocution indeed. Do the Alds have a superior education system to the Crescians?

No, but drama classes are mandatory.

Ahahahaha it's all gonna go to hell again!

I feel like Ashley has set up this detailed status quo, and the plot of Unsounded is all of that getting blown to kingdom come.

Nah, Duane's well noted as being overly verbose.

Well, this telegraphs the plot pretty well. General Bell never intended the Silver Weapon for Alderode. It's to murder-kill the Queen in Port Morstorben, framing the Alds, securing him (or a puppet?) the throne, and giving him carte blanche to fuck up Alderode on his own terms.

But what if then gets empowered by the suffering there and turns north to Aledrode to fuck up some Ssaelits?

I thought it was strange how she went from talking about Roger's Aldish eyes and elocution to saying he's Crecian now.

She probably is just fucking with Ufal, though.

I think that's inevitable. Bell doesn't realize how dangerous the weapon really is and how stupid it is to let off the equivalent of a magic nuke in his own country. Which perfectly suits Cutter's purposes I'm sure. He just wants to kill as many humans as possible.

If Duane and Quigley are there when this goes down and Toma catches up, this could be large scale clusterfuck mayhem. Could be the climax of the first "book" that Cope's talked about before. I wonder if the Queen will survive. And if not if it will be the nuke or Duane that kills her.

I'm interested to see what, if any, connection Cutter has to Bastion. We already know the Black Tongues don't police each other, and that Bastion's been away for a while. My instinct tells me that he and Cutter know each other, and that they've been jointly plotting.

Her state mandated job is raising hounds I believe, specifically for nobles and such. They're quite valuable as mounts, and probably add some status if you have a hound raised by the Queen herself.

I'm starting this comic and I'm at the bit where she kills the ancient forest elemental thing. It's it a good comic worth following?

Best webcomic in the world, mate.

If you enjoy it, then read it. If you don't, then don't. Don't let random strangers on the internet dictate your opinion.

It's not like you've got anything to lose anyway, shit's free.

Not at all yet.

Soon, she will be extremely dead.

If I had to guess, probably something to do with her birthing two sets of twins. Gefendur consider twins holy, and they ritualistically kill/eat holy things.

Is there a lot of joking about paedophilia? I don't particularly enjoy being reminded of my youth.

Not just jokes!

i miss stockyard. only the good die young.

Jokes? Not really. But one of the characters is a pedo, yeah.

If you get triggered by pedophilia, don't read it. And I'm not being an asshole, I'm using "triggered" in a sincere sense. Don't read it if that stuff bothers you.

Alternatively, if you want to see a pedophile have sweet, violent justice done against him, there aren't too many other stories that will accommodate you like Unsounded will. It doesn't fuck around when it's time to punish the villains.

well shit

There's no joking about it. One of the bad guys, Starfish, IS a pedophile, and it's treated as awful a thing as it should be.

Other characters are disgusted by him, and by the time he gets comeuppance, you really savor it.

I dont remember this page.

Then where's alds being famous for eloquence come from ?

They seem to be an eloquent people. Look at how Quigley, Duane, Bastion, even most of the dudes at the meeting back in the flashback talk. I guess they value that as a culture. Crescians and Shartes are more plain-spoken.

>Duane meeting with the queen

Bitch's gotta get kherted.

One of the antagonists is. But he gets killed in the most satisfying way. Tread with caution if you decide to read it. (If you want, I can tell you which pages mention the subject so you can avoid or read at your own discretion.)

Duane and Bastion are well educated, though. And Quigley's angsty. I wonder what the average joe ald would sound like.

Like Duane's brother, I'm guessing. And Quigley was well-educated too. He was sent from his village to a wright school in the city when he was like, six, if I'm remembering correctly.

Yeah. I bet farmers and soldiers sound more like Lemuel. Slightly old fashioned but way less pretentious.

The big thing is that their language itself is very formal. So when an Ald speaks a different tongue, their inclination tends towards formality. Its led to the general stereotype that Alds have massive sticks up their asses.