/who/ - Doctor Who General

Doctor Who edition

- last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/danschmschmschm/status/924318080465096704
thegallifreypost.com/12th-doctor-costume-guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=hWMQJ2fEPS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What would the Dr Who equivalent to STD be?

Would that be Class? At what point does something stop feeling like who, if that's even possible.

S11?

NuWho is STD

A spinoff where the Doctor's never before seen granddaughter that he secretly loved more than Susan got her own TARDIS and became the Doctor in honor her grandfather, and she fights Daleks who look and talk nothing like Daleks.

twitter.com/danschmschmschm/status/924318080465096704

Jodie confirmed to be in Cardiff. Series 11 due to start filming imminently.

GET HYPE

>the thumbs up

LADS SHE'S GREAT

So when do they reveal 13's outfit and the new logo?

She's gonna wear a virgin killer :^)

Not going to lie I'd like to see a spinoff about his family he left behind.

Costume will definitely be soon. Next couple of weeks, potentially tomorrow even.

Logo? Possibly at the very start of January, but it'd be cool if it was revealed in the end credits of Twice Upon a Time.

Repill me on Lungbarrow

Is it me or has she got the Adult Life Skills face drawn on her thumb?

cartmel masterplan
the other
looms

series 11 will be about the doctor making thumb videos while bradley walsh tries to get her to move out of the tardis

kino

series 11 will be about the doctor starting a late night talk show while stuck on earth

So I've listened to this.
Didn't really feel like Torchwood at all to be honest.
Naoko Mori is great as always, but that guy who impersonated russian was terrible. Actively annoyed me. A lot of words mispronounced, accent was barely recognisable at times, and I just can't believe they didn't have a proper english-speaking agent in KVI to do things with Torchwood member. I'm russian-speaking person so trust me
The story itself was okay, I suppose, I'll repeat myself: didn't feel like Torchwood at all, but just as a story... passable.

The Commitee. I'm listening to these out of order, and seems like they are putting references in every single one. This is recurring arc, right? Does this have something to do with Torchwood series 5 set?

3. One Enchanted Evening by James Goss

Captain Jack and Alonso Frame have only just met. But why did the Doctor want them to be together?

Kek sounds intriguing

thegallifreypost.com/12th-doctor-costume-guide/

Reminder that all of the Twelfth Doctor's costume variations are equally GOAT

i stopped watching shortly after twelve because it got boring. also because clara was too annoying. is it better now?

lots of cool costumes variatons were showcased in those flashbacks on "World Enough and Time", this blog dont consider them :(

All the people I know that dislike both Twelve and Clara at the very least still loved Heaven Sent, so maybe you'd enjoy that?

I hated Androzani in my first viewing of it, 10 years ago
it is time to check it again
back in 2 hours

How do we "fix" Totally Doctor Who?

youtube.com/watch?v=hWMQJ2fEPS8
What did he mean by this
No really, what the fuck

For some reason this video made me realise that I don't want cybermen back

>all of this and the 80s cybermen could have been avoided if pertwee had a cyberman story

The series needs a full tonal reboot and all of the worn out monsters need to retired for at least a season.
Daleks, cybermen etc. have all been ruined beyond repair by terrible nu-who writing and art direction, there is no salvaging them without a complete overhaul.

>what is world enough and time

Where do I watch DW online? Other place than Netflix, I haven't seen last season and xmas special.

>I don't know how to fix things without reboots

I agree about tonal reboot to be honest.
And I want to restrain from old monsters for at least for 1-2 years.

Why does he have so many variants?

Probably a homage to the Pertwee/Baker years - they had even more variants than this. It was only JNT who decided that Doctors should have a set costume, only changing very occasionally and between seasons.

>I'll take that as a yes.

please I can only take so much

No. Because Capaldoc is overall /who/'s favourite now, and we will soon be entering the grieving process after he leaves.

So, when the time inevitably comes, allow us mourn in peace please.

The old monsters can't be made to look or feel interesting or intimating with the current narrative and visual tone (i.e. upbeat, knowingly hammy). More so, rolling them out a few times every season means that there is no need or space for a new group of recurring bad guys, which is why the closest thing we've gotten to one in the entire run of nu-who has been the angels.
Nu who is just going to get worse and worse unless they fire everyone and reboot with higher quality writers and show runners who are prepared to introduce new primary antagonists and write stories that aren't

>doctor & co show up
>Some 1D characters have a problem (almost certainly a monster).
>Doctor & co do some low stakes evasion of a monster.
>Doctor frantically shouts about some timey wimey shit.
>The problem is solved with some sonic screwdriver waving and/or the power of love.
>Extra points if the monster of the week has legends about the doctor being a shuper bashassh berserker.

Jodie will hopefully play a tomboy female Doctor, it's the only way I can accept her.

>picking my favourite Doctor for me
Fuck off

I should have put "offerino" on that to show that I wasn't pissed, sorry user.

>WE
>US
I hate this meme so much.

Oh, you're one of those types.

Is anyone else NOT looking forward to a pandering female Doctor?

>tomboy female

in other words, you wish she was male, which is the last thing I wish cos she's too qt as a female

>implying a white male doctor isn't pandering to white males

You are so unbelievably stupid.

I'm not looking forward to Capaldi leaving, but at the same time I think now is the right time for a female Doctor. The idea has been around since the early 80s at least, seriously can't understand why anyone thought Thirteen WOULDN'T be female.

But confess I thought the chosen one would be older than Jodie.

Joanna Lumley

Patrician taste, good sir

When new doc beome a woman, am i good to fug her now?

Seek immediate psychiatric and psychological help. You are literally the movie Fatal Attraction come to life; you're obsessed, you're addicted, you're infatuated and it's honestly pathetic, ridiculous and sad. You're not getting the attention that you want, the only people responding to your crap are the other trolls and George Baker (when he's not busy rimming you and giving you a 'helping hand', because he's equally as obsessed with my photos). Nobody cares what you say, nobody cares what you think, many people have you blocked and the rest of us are simply getting on with our lives. You should grow up and try it sometime, instead of vigorously wanking over my tweets on a daily basis.

>tfw no mummy doctor

I'm sad because Capaldi got completely squandered on terrible stories and companions and I'm apprehensive because Jodie Whittaker isn't a particularly good actress, the new companions look as bad as the last couple and the stories aren't likely to improve. However, I'm hopeful that Whittaker won't be asked to do the tedious SHOUTING WITH BULGING EYES = DRAMATIC ACTING shtick that everyone except eccleson has been made to do.

However, 'm betting that the next season will get totally mishandled and have a hard drop off in popularity with normies.

What, for implying that the reason a show popular with white males, the main character of which can change into anyone on the planet being cast as a white male 13 times in a row, isn't pandering to white males?

>mfw Capaldi's only good episode was the time his companion was not in it so that he didn't have to play second fiddle
He deserved better writers.

That's what I said - how's your reading comprehension you cretinous cunt?

There is nothing wrong with disliking Hell Bent
as well as with liking Hell Bent

And stop using "we think", "we decided" etc, it's pathetic

Dude that's gay

So you're mad for realising you're privileged?

>Joanna Lumley

She would make an amazing doctor, in the old series(s). Nu who doesn't really have a place for an understated actor who doesn't chew the scenery non-stop and manically run around waving their screwdriver.

The Writing™!

What is "The Writing™"?

It is a baseless criticism.

It is a scapegoat.

"Oh, Peter Capaldi is good but The Writing™ sucks!".

People who say this and other such nonsense have no idea what actually goes into making an episode. Someone doesn't just write an episode then they go out to film it once it's finished, it's a thing that takes countless drafts and rewrites.

Whenever someone complains about The Writing™, it's almost always an excuse to complain at something you don't like without actually giving legitimate criticisms. The Writers™ don't just go out and say "oh, let's try and make every episode his series be bad!" and there isn't just one Writer™.

It is okay to not like stuff. You don't even need a reason to dislike an episode or an era, it could just be something that's not your cup of tea. But blaming The Writing™ without any criticisms just tells me that you want others to take the blame for something that you can just keep quiet about.

>white people constantly told they're racist/sexist/xenophobic/ableist/not tolerant in their own homeland
>being privileged

Yes, of you're experiencing that, you may be racist/sexist/xenophobic/ableist/not tolerant. From the sounds of it, you are!

Just being white is racist/sexist/xenophobic/ableist/not tolerant.

>prejudging me based on now meaningless words
wasn't me btw

Really? I'm white and I've never been called any of those. Maybe it's because I'm none of them.

How is that a rebuttal? Congratulations, you're not a piece of shit!

honesty, this triggered me

Good

I know I'm not! It's not that difficult.

Well it's a good thing I don't have to unlearn anything because I'm none of those things

Then how come you've been called them?

Because when I disagreed with the person who said them he threw a fit and fired off every "insult" he could think of.

Then tell me, who is a female Doctor pandering to?

Um, nobody? Do you think that I don't want a female Doctor?

>Capaldi got completely squandered on terrible stories and companions
nice meme

>neo's audio revews get one response at best
>bookclub gets one review from neo
>everyone gives a (you) to some shit conversation about political correctness or whatever

With respect, sirs, fuck offerino from this thread

nobody, more women will not watch the show because of her
more women would watch the show if there was a eyecandy tennant 2.0
we will never know if Chibbers chose by himself or it was a mandate from the BBC
the mandate is a possibility and they had Moffs to slowly change the canon, at least

I've only just gotten into the thread and I hadn't seen Neo's post. I'll have a look and post about it if it makes you feel better.

Who? I quit watching when they switched to the deranged elderly gentleman without a clue.

it's kinda true dude, feel bad for him desu

not only him
everything after Utopia is suffered with unconsistent writing

I tried to talk about something in the last thread but got derailed terribly by trip drama

>However, 'm betting that the next season will get totally mishandled and have a hard drop off in popularity with normies.

You are aware that the new show runner's last TV show is most watched in UK of the last few yrs? That is: popular with normies?

Fuck it, even I'm not a fan of Chib's DW episodes so far, but no-one can deny that the dude knows how to write pop drama.

Complaining about dropped viewing figures at the moment is an exercise in futility at the moment because the episodes haven't even been made, let alone aired yet.

Wait until the finale to talk about ratings, lads. It only makes sense.

>change the canon
Moff never "changed the canon". It had never been established that Time Lords kept the same sex. He just added to the canon - and the idea of a female Doctor has existed since at least the 80s. Cross-sex regeneration happened in the Expanded Universe too, and it was Neil Gaiman who confirmed it in New Who. Please stop blaming Moffat for this.

The BBC would never have a mandate for a female Doctor anyway since Chibnall had to argue with them to get them to agree with it. It would be too risky if it was a mandate.

How hard is it to imagine that the BBC isn't out to destroy Doctor Who canon with diversity or whatever, and maybe the people who run the show just WANT to do all of this?

Was there ever an audio book of this?

Not the user who you were responding to but if the people behind Doctor Who go "I think we're really safe in regards to a female Doctor now, we're gonna do it" then that's their decision. However, if they were set in their ways and wanted to make the Doctor male but were told from above to change it that'd be a problem.

We'll never know as to what the choice was and to me that's fine. I was anti-Femme Doctor for a while but I'm honestly pretty accepting of it now because I trust Chibbers not to be quirky and, for lack of a better phrase at this moment in time "in a U GO GURRLLLL" position. At the end of the day I'm excited for this coming season and hope that she knocks it out the park. However if this series sucks I'll probably feel differently at the end. The first ep of this coming series is so important and if Chibby fucks up it could be quite disasterous but it's not aired yet so I'll keep an open mind.

No there wasn't but it'd be fucking great if there was. It has elements in it like Looms that don't really fit anywhere in the modern ideas of Who IMO despite being a cool concept.

>tfw no Other VA

>but he used teleporters in many cases prior to Heaven Sent
yes and? That just means the "original" doctor died a very long time ago and we've always been watching the adventures of a clone, that doesn't contradict anything

>Moff never "changed the canon". It had never been established that Time Lords kept the same sex.
48 years of lore with no indication of that.
and suddenly Moff does it.

I am totally fine with female doctor, just find the timing and the way it was done, kinda conspiratory.

BBC does really not care anymore, Matt got a special to announce him, Peter got a live show, Jodie got a clip on the forest?

Notice how people who say things like "Capaldi only had le 1 good episode?!!?!" always couple it with something like irrational hatred of the companions.
Just face it lads, Capaldini was kinorini.

I don't think Capaldi had one good episode, I just think that some of the episodes weren't as good as they could have been. It's the same as people saying "I hate the _th Doctor he's shit" - I don't think any of them are shit I just think they missed aspects of potential.

>Capaldini was kinorini.
it was, except s8

I agree with your pasta but please remove the reddit spacing

capaldi is the new mccoy, people wont truly appreciate it until long after he's gone.