Was Goku a good father?

Was Goku a good father?

As good as my father

He's borderline mentally handicapped, but has always loved Gohan.

He was a good father, but not a good parent. Does that make sense?

He named his son rice/meal

He is literally unable to be a good father. Vegeta was an anomaly among Saiyans.

Could goku defeat shaggy blanco?

>doesn't get a job
>wife does all the work
>lives off of a dwindling fortune inherited by his wife
>lost his son in the first anime episode

i haven't watched dbz for a long time but that is all i remember off the top of my head. so based on that i'd say he's a shit father and husband.

Nah maybe if he fused with Gohan Calvo.

On one hand, he’s absent, selfish, and emotionally abusive. On the other hand, it’s those same qualities that allow him to be so strong and give gohan a world to live on in the first place; if Goku was a better father then the world probably wouldn’t be around in the first place.

its because of goku gohan is in danger.

His sons grew up to be capable of producing explosions rivaling those of nuclear weapons at will...so yeah, good job

This.
I think Vegeta is better suited for parenting, but as far as his kids go, Goku loves them.

he was doing just fine until raditz showed up, all things considered

Yes.

He clearly loved his family, and tries to do right by them, but due to circumstances of the narrative, he's away from his family for so long that it's difficult to say that he was a 'good' father

> good father
so bad that Gohan got his own mother knocked up while Goku was dead

No.

Goku only care about himself and fighting. If training wasn't involved he didn't pay attention to Gohan.
Even as an adult Gohan was ignored by his father unless a threat was around.
And nevermind Goten. That poor kid.
Vegeta on the other hand as mean and antisocial as he is he's been a mentor, master, and father than Goku will ever be.
Gohan has learned more from Piccolo and Vegeta (in passing) than his own father.

Of course he is a shitty parent, he is fucking Zombie or Ghost or some shit. Pretty sure his other kid is an abomination if you think about it.

wat?

>dubfags will never get the joke that the camera crew during cell's game though that gohan was the lunch boy

Isnt the real question if Piccolo was a good father?

He loves his kids, he's just dumber than a sack of potatoes.

just work it out. Goku was dead for a full year, and comes back to meet his "son" Goten for the first time.
Father is obviously Gohan

You know damn well that Piccolo was an amazing father. He was a bit too hard-nosed at first and resented Gohan but he soon grew to love Gohan and protect, counsel, and care for him for years.
Why do you think he babysits Pan in Super? He misses being a parent.

>Piccolo was an orphan
>Clings to Gohan whose father just died
>Tries to be the father he thought King Piccolo would have been
>Decides to raise Gohan his own way
Makes sense if you think about it.

Fuck no. I know the situation was critical but he only knew Goten for ONE DAY and sent him to fight the most powerful warrior he knew at that point, Buu.

Yes, this Goku is a bad dad meme is just shit pushed by gohanfags. Goku loves his family and literally died for them multiple times.

this. i seen a few good doujins on the subject as well

After multiple times admitting he went easy on the bad guy to "let the kids have their shot"

>has his inexperienced teenage son fight a living uber bioweapon to prove a hunch
>being a shit parent is just a meme guize

He spends time with the family in between sagas that isn't really shown in the anime.
The parts we see are the times Goku is away from Chichi and Gohan.

He's like the prototype for manchild fathers in shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy, who go off on crazy adventures and neglect their wife and kids.

All parents are responsible for the danger their children are exposed to, he wouldn’t exist without goku, and after he did exist, he wouldn’t have kept existing without goku. So either way he owes his life to goku, as all children owe their lives to their parents, but even more so because he actively protects him.

Gohan beat Cell, no one else could dickheads.

Only because Goku committed heroic sudoku.

If you payed attention Goku already admitted to going full complete strenght against Cell and not being able to win, he trained Gohan for the specific purpose of knowing he had what it takes to beat Cell. If not for Goku then Gohan wouldn't have even reached SS at such a young age let alone been able to go SS2. Goku literally saved them even despite his death by virtue of being a good father who trained his son to fight to save people.

You know when you put it like that. It sounds fucking retarded.

You sound fucking retarded.

No I sound like an asshole.

care to share?

No. Goku is a literal child who wished to be "big and strong" and so Shenron cucked him with le ebin tricky djinn wording maneuver. He went from like 8-10 y.o. to 25 instantly.

Thats also why ChiChi looks so haggard and busted - shes like 20 years older than Goku at this point.

Goku has the energy and single-minded drive of a child. He also has childlike wonder at meeting new people and seeing new places that can test_your_might.jpg. But considering the fact he spent his whole life either fighting or dead, he never learned any adult skills or matured mentally. This is also part of why Vegeta is perma-pissed with Goku despite them being friends/rivals; Goku is the strongest Sayian ever but is still a child 90% of the time - except when a fight gets srs bzns.

Goku never wanted kids, but ChiChi did - and he loves her both the way a child loves his mother and a young person loves their first real girlfriend. So he'll do anything for her.

Reminder, he pulled Gohan from school and sent him to like survival camp for months with his old enemy. He barely knew Goten and still chucked the boy against Buu for reasons.

The man may love his family but that does not make him a good father.

Saiyans had no concept of family, they were grown in pods and had no relation with blood relatives; Bardocks squad was his real family

Vegeta was part of the royal line and actually had a father so he understood what it meant to have family ties, unlike Goku

In the new Super they start off with Mr. Satan (who takes credit for defeating Buu, becoming a global hero) giving Goku like 50mil since he knows Goku's the real hero.

So low-key I think Goku and his friends/family are set for life.

Plus Bulma runs like the equivalent of GE/Ford/Apple/Google Corp. and would never let Goku get fucked financially.

>I could of defeated Buu in this form but I wanted to give Goten a try lol

Ah, I've seen those too, several times.

>could have easily one shot vegeta
>spends time basically giving energy to majin buu
buu saga was retarded

this.
/thread

I think he wanted to fight Vegeta but didnt want to turn ss3 or one shot him because of the power feeding.

reminder goku never kissed chichi

Goku could have just beaned himself and killed cell.

Songoku doesn't adhere to your family values, he doesn't fight for justice, he's not some kind of dutiful superhero, fighting comes first and he has no problem risking his loved ones lives if it means that he can have a good fight.

Goddamn Super is fucking stupid.
Editors get demonised constantly, but they do exist for a reason.

>Chichi impaled herself on Gohan while he was sleeping
This just keeps getting better and better

no