Do you like pink?

>I like pink very much, Lois.

I realized earlier that I have never watched the Reeve Superman movies as an adult, I just had fond memories of them as a kid, and I'm surprised at just how much they got away with. Best Superman, even if a few of the choices were a little odd (thousands of years travel from Kryton, and twelve years from 18-30 in a weird education dream in the fortress).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)#Themes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>(thousands of years travel from Kryton, and twelve years from 18-30 in a weird education dream in the fortress).

That was deliberate. The bible doesn't cover Jesus youth, so Superman youth had bot glossed over as well with the explanation that Jor-El was training him.

>All Lois articles seem to be sex related in some way. She is sex starved from always focusing on her career.

>the most blatant Jesus version of Superman
>best

jesus christ

>Margo Lois in her underwear

It was also stupid. Jor-El babbling about Einstein before the fucker was even born.

>it's Christlike so it's bad

It was done tastefully and with the proper nuance, and was actually a fresh approach at the time.

It is the best.

>the most blatant Jesus version
Oh wait, you're serious?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Chief, here's that story on the murder case.
>There's only one "P" in "rapist."
>It's got everything: Sex, violence, the ethnic angle.
>So does a lady wrestler with a foreign accent.

It had a few degenerate moments, but was good overall.

Are we all just ignoring this

I don't mind the visually dubious time travel
What I mind is that he "alters history" just because muh Lois (whom he doesn't even know that well btw) but doesn't go back to stop Lex from even firing the missiles, so a lot of people still died.

What does Superman see in Lois in these films anyway? She's an illiterate, pushy, chain smoking, creepy asshole who risks her life to prove he's Superman. Lana in III is far more likable, and unlike Lois, she loves him for being Clark.

That scene was one of the best in all of cinema. Such emotional impact.

Now that would've just been playing god.

At least he could rationalize that Lois's death hadn't affected anything else in the original timeline but himself, so when he reversed time to save her he was simply denying the future to unfold in that direction.

Didn't he let the town that he had just saved drown due to a burst dam simply because he wanted to save Lois?

Is this Jeopardy? I'd like to play.

>She's an illiterate, pushy, chain smoking, creepy asshole

"What is a typical American woman, Alex?"

it is shit though, Snyder just uses jesus images, fucking Donner and the screenwriter flat out make him into jesus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)#Themes

>Many have noted the examples of apparent Christian symbolism. Donner, Tom Mankiewicz and Ilya Salkind have commented on the use of Christian references to discuss the themes of Superman.[5][9] Mankiewicz deliberately fostered analogies with Jor-El (God) and Kal-El (Jesus).[22] Donner is somewhat skeptical of Mankiewicz' actions, joking "I got enough death threats because of that."[5]

>Several concepts and items of imagery have been used in Biblical comparisons. Jor-El casts out General Zod from Krypton, a parallel to the casting out of Satan from Heaven.[5] The spacecraft that brings Kal-El to Earth is in the form of a star (Star of Bethlehem). Kal-El comes to Jonathan and Martha Kent, who are unable to have children. Martha Kent states, "All these years how we've prayed and prayed that the good Lord would see fit to give us a child," which was compared to the Virgin Mary.[5]

>Just as little is known about Jesus during his middle years, Clark travels into the wilderness to find out who he is and what he has to do. Jor-El says, "Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, and they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son."[5] The theme resembles the Biblical account of God sending his only son Jesus to Earth in hope for the good of mankind. More were seen when Donner was able to complete Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, featuring the fall, resurrection and his battle with evil. Another vision was that of The Creation of Adam.

>he thinks Snyder's jesus references are worse than Donner's

what a fucking pleb

No, see, he didn't change what his past self did - he simply displaced himself back in time so he could be at two places at once.

>he doesn't think Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice League is the kinoest film to ever exist

Yeah, but Snyder's name is SNYDER, which automatically makes his worse. Especially since they're paying us to hate these new movies to prevent them from making any more money. Duh.

In truth, Jesus parallels aren't inherently bad and people just use them as an excuse to hate. Mostly just triggered atheists.

How do you think a Superman movie that's more strongly rooted in him being a Moses analogue would go?

>The shit this poor man had to deal with on a daily basis.
>A look into a time before spellcheckers.

LUTHOR, LET MY PEOPLE GO

Brainiac*

What did they mean by Lois's inability to spell?