Whats up with the disgusting imagery?

Whats up with the disgusting imagery?
What happened to spongebob?

Sometime I look like that when having a rough day

me on the right

SpongeBob is trying to be top wacky and gross out like Ren & Stimpy

Welcome to 90's Nick.

Vincent Waller became showrunner or something

When you have no more ideas for subtle comedy (that takes WORK! Ain't nobody got time for that) or are a lazy fuck you try the cheapest form,
LOL FUNNEY FAECES xD!!1

Reminds me of every typical YouTube animator that copies psychicpebbles and OneyG.

The original showrunner and writers left after season 3. Make a comparison in between seasons 3 & 4 and you'll see a stark difference.

Nigga, SpongeBob hasn't been good since 2006. We are now approaching a time where there will now be more bad episodes than good

Spongebob stopped being gross a while back (which was before Vincent Waller became showrunner, though he was creative director during that time)

remember when the artist that did these episodes with the gross out stuff came to Sup Forums and got bootyblasted when his shit got called out? good times.

Tryhard funny faces are almost as bad as Family Guy-esque, robotic shows that never use more than 7 or so poses and models. I appreciate the apparent effort, but the results can actually make me a little embarrassed just imagining how hilarious the creator thought they were being.

Pic related is an example, but I can think of worse ones

Better example

late season 9 and season 10 are good again

man, fuck adam ellis

Oh no

Suddenly it makes sense why I hate paranatural.

The creative team that idolized Looney Tunes left and people who idolized Ren and Stimpy joined.

Old spongebob was funny because it used timeless situational comedy and slapsick. New spongebob is shit because of all the edgy new-age "humor" and gross out shots.

Well the grotesque and over-exaggerated faces were always a part of Spongebob's humour. It's just that as the show grew older and staler and the original, funny writers gradually took their leave, the new show writers began to rely too heavily on the cheap and easy humour of just showing gross-out faces in close-up shots with a musical beat accompanying them.

I always loved it when the close up was way more detailed.

Remember when that cartoonist that worked on nu-spongebob come here bitching that we don't liked his stuff?

If ever there were a beta male, it would be Adam Ellis. His entire career revolves around apologizing for how awful white men are because he's, like, not like those other white men. It just strikes me as a pathetic attempt to get feminist poon. When he's not doing that, he's using some genuine artistic skill to produce work that's simultaneously lazy and yet tryhard.

A lot of modern cartoonists seem to try to emulate John K.'s Ren And Stimpy but mor extreme, but honestly, I think Spongebob did wacky faces way more effectively. It was less in-your-face and intrusive to the flow of the show. (Seasons 1-3)

Spongebob's been going on long enough people who idolized the original Spongebob are working on it

to be fair he only did the final designs: he wasn't a writer/boarder
and his talents were used much better when he worked on season 2 of Gravity Falls

No, are you sure it was legit? A new shitposting tactic is to pretend to be someone trying to shill themselves on Sup Forums but doing a profoundly shit job at it.

If I remember correctlly hey literally hired people who were involved in Ren & Stimpy.

Jesus, why was Ren and Stimpy pretty funny but modern Spongebob isn't?

Ren and Stimpy got real shitty towards the end, and it started relying on gore (weirdly enough) after John K. left. Especially odd since it seemed like he was the edgiest crew member?

Did the original VA leave too? Spongebob even sounded completely different after season 4.

I like the body horror, but Spongebob post season 3 is garbage. The characters just became annoying, the pacing didn't work, even the plotlines that could have been interesting under the original team failed due to these things.