Who are some tragic or sympathetic villains?

Who are some tragic or sympathetic villains?

Batman has a few

>tfw "I didn't mean to"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KUtLTxBYZHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She totally fucking meant to, though. And why the fuck wasn't she in Arkham after kidnapping like 6 people?

I want to fuck her. And it would be perfectly legal.

Mr. Freeze

It's Gotham, who gives a shit? Who'd stop you, batman?

>Being Autistic 101

It's an echo of what kids say before they fully grasp the nuance of language. It's not that they did not intend to act as they did; it's that they acted on impulse and didn't completely understand the consequences of what they did when they did it. They say it to mean they regret what they've done.

i am convinced joker put something in the water, a guy is late for a meeting becomes a super villian, super model is passed over for younger girl, guess what super villain, man obsessed with riddles, sounds like super villain time

Botanist girl that cares way for plants becomes supervillain, guy that like way too much condiments becomes supervillain

This man.

She's a grown consenting adult. Why would I not?

Wasn't there some guy who killed tons of people to go back in time and do something but only went back a few seconds or something

The town is canonically cursed.

Nox from Wafku

>i am convinced joker put something in the water
I'm fairly certain that's actually canon.

TNBA takes place five years after BTAS, she served her sentence and was released. It was likely commuted for good behavior since she was reformed at first.

What a ham-fisted line that was. Peridot fit the role better, before she reformed and simultaneous dropped like 40 IQ.

I feel like every line Jasper has is ham-fisted, from her first appearance to her last.

The only two episodes I can stand that she's in are The Return and Jailbreak, and her lines are still cringe.

She's out of her element.

Poor guy, first Thor bursts in acting like a nigger then Loki tricks him into getting murdered by his own son.

He just wanted to make his country great again

I definitely remember the guy you're talking about but that was either from Batman Beyond or The Batman, I can't remember which.

Is this an Evangelion reference?

Nox, wakfu season 1
Made a soul harvesting time machine and wanted to use it to prevent the massive global cataclysm that killed like half of the planet's population a few centuries prior.
He fucked up his math and harvesting an entire race to extinction along with countless thousands of others only gave him enough power to go back 20 seconds, not 200 years.
He did this because he could have prevented the cataclysm to begin with but was too busy at the time.

Great build up, great execution.

Nox might be the best villain in a cartoon ever, as far as humanizing him and his actions making sense. Even Mr Freeze gets off track every once in a while.

i like my lolis but she doesnt really appeal to me

Why doesn't Bruce Wayne just fund Freeze's research?

What the fuck happened with Buzz Lightyear?

didn't harley said the joker
>could never make the fishy smile
in mad love

I think it was specifically piranhas.

Fuck off, SU cancer.

She really sold that fucking line.

Really though, wouldn't any quartz be tragic by our standards? They're all basically child soldiers.

wow they really know how to pander to their audience

Oh my god, he's right.

I always felt bad for the Beware the Batman version of Magpie. She knew she had a problem and tried to get cured. But her cure attempt pretty much made her irreversibly insane. Batman also comes off as a dick when he says it's her fault because she volunteered and doesn't give shit to her psychiatrist, especially when she's revealed to be a villain as well.

>STOP WATCHING CARTOONS I DON'T WATCH!
no

>implying they get laid

hnng memories

He did. They cured Nora in cartoon special.

Nox from wakfu.
He went back 20 minutes after farming the life force of most things for decades in an attempt to go back well over I think 200 years or something so he could live life with his family again.

where is the villain?

Who are you quoting?

What tragedy?

Subtle, that

I feel sorry for her but I do love this version of Eggman.

>mfw it's Darth Plagueis story time

(You), that's who. You don't want topical cartoons in threads just because you don't watch them.

Did they ever retcon the decision to make Nora just a waifu that he got obsessed with from the New 52? Pretty horrible change desu.

My nigger Nox

It's hard not to feel kinda bad for Zim. Despite his ego and psychotic tendencies, he really is trying his best and is completely devoted to his race and his Tallest. Seeing him as the laughing stock of his entire people while he's so obliviously loyal to them is kinda sad, to me at least.

(You)

Yep.

Not too bad though. I mean less sympathetic for sure but closer to understanding why he an amoral jerk.

It WAS piranhas. Plus those fish don't look like they're in any condition to menace Batman. That smiling chemical seems to make people catatonic.

dont do this user

>Believe me, you're the only one that cares

Deja vu

In the Arkham continuity, Ra's Al Ghul has a Lazarus Pit under Gotham. One of the pit's side effects is insanity.

And in the comics, there's a fuckload of crazy supernatural shit that went down before Gotham's founding (Dr. Gotham, Deacon Blackfire, the Native ghost/gods/demons/whatever in Gotham By Midnight, etc.).

Beat me to it

a lesson in decimal placement

There is not a villain out there with a more tragic past than he.
Not one.

>20 seconds
Wasn't it 20 minutes?

God I love Robotnik.

Robotnik/Eggman has got all his commanders in the palms of his hands with threat of immediate paralysis? Nice.

Oh have the times changed

>Not really that kind of Doctor
I like it

What is Doctor Robotnik/Eggman's field of science? I'm guessing Biomedical Engineering

he already said he's "Not really that kind of Doctor" so my guess is tipical robotics engeneering with tendencies to fuck around into biomedical/biorobotics areas.

Honestly, it's kind of a step up from pre-reboot where he put bombs in all of them
Poor Tassel Boy, his pain has only just begun

So like full into robotics and seeing if smashing a computer into a squirrel will possibly still be functioning?

What a madman

Yes. Eggman does not give a flying fuck about anyone other than himself. The moment any one of his minions outlives their usefulness, into the locker they go. Or to Maw for all kinds of fucked up experiments . Probably the latter right now

>Egg boss who allies the local freedom fighters in an attempt to keep their people out of the war between Sonic and Eggman

Most people hated the reboot but damn if we didn't get some interesting new characters out of it.

>Most people hated the reboot but damn if we didn't get some interesting new characters out of it.
I actually like the reboot better desu. Also the past tense is unecessary as apparently it's just a delay

What comic series is this from? Im really digging that Robotnik.

Archie Sonic. Specifically the reboot continuity

>What comic series is this from? Im really digging that Robotnik.

Pre-reboot Archie Sonic

brb listening Eggman theme from SA2

Yeah, it got retained on Allstar batman

What the fuck I love Robuttnik now.

his fucking face is great

>>user, do you think Grundy's soul is waiting for him?

Just be careful when diving into the Sonic abyss. I've seen better men turn autistic.

I'm enjoying the reboot, can't wait to see how they adapt Colors.
>Wouldn't happen in the first place if a certain writer didn't throw a fucking tantrum.

NO! NONONONONO!!! I'm at work and I am NOT ready to have feels in front of my co-workers

Colors already happened. It was referenced at the start

I've watched a clip of the ending to this episode about every month over the last year and I cry almost every time.

youtu.be/KUtLTxBYZHw

Huh, don't know how I missed it, you know which game they're gonna adapt next?

I thought she was sympathetic because when she was just a security guard brought in to deal with some runts. What are they Crystal Gems fighting for anyways?

Didn't they cancel the entire comic?

Likely Lost World, but apparently it won't be 1:1 and Ian's thinking of skipping it entirely and telling new stories with the Zeti
Nah. Looked like that for a bit but it seems like it's just another hiatus

Saw something like the means to subscribe to it being removed but I haven't seen anything mentioning cancellation
>Poor Megaman, just when it was getting good.

>Grundy I don't beli... Yes
that's truly the biggest revelation in the cartoon which makes the moment even better

Not exactly Sup Forums but related-ish