Does Clark have a cover if someone asks him who his eye doctor is...

Does Clark have a cover if someone asks him who his eye doctor is? If someone asked him "Hey Clark you were glasses every day who is your eye doctor?" is he up shits creek?

"I got them at the Walmart" or vision works or whatever optometrist shop that's neat by.

Someone in Smallvile probably

his whole guise is that he is blind without his glasses he would need to see a professional eye doctor

Should have gone to Specsavers

Nobody in the history of mankind has ever asked someone who their optometrist is because they "wear glasses every day."

"Egad! My device was meant to drain all of Superman's powers... but it was pointed at that journalist, Clark Kent! I must find his eye doctor, or when the device was meant to give me Superman's powers in three days... I'll get Clark Kent's bad eyesight!"

They have optometrists that work out of Walmart.

"I go to my local eyedoctor back in Smallville. I always like helping out a close family business like his."

I mean pretty much half of Smallville know he's Superman so one eyedoctor would prolly cover for him.

Maybe this hypothetical person needs to get glasses thanks to their eyesight having deteriorated in recent days, and chose to ask Clark for a good place to get some as they have no idea where to start.

He could say he got them back at Smallville.

Isnt Smallville like 20 km from Metropolis?

Sounds diamonds. Draw the cover and we'll fill in the blanks when the push comes to shove.

That's a very reasonable distance if you like your doc? My dad's dentist has his clinic something like 40-50 km away from my dad's house and he still goes there every year.

The better question is how Bruce Wayne explains all that old scarring on his body. After so many years in the business that shit acumelates. I'm frankly surprised he doesn't have a crooked nose or cauliflower ear

It's not like not seeking help for eyesight is punishable by law. He probably just says it's fine and he doesn't like contacts and is afraid to take a surgery.

Plastic surgeons in our universe can pretty much fix both of those so I'm fairly sure someone in the DC verse can fix them without any trouble.

Does the Daily Planet even have health insurance??

Follow up question: How's Lois' insurance doing with all the kidnapping and stuff?

He would probably make up an incredibly convoluted plan that would include him passing off as his own doctor, some gangsters who are only tangentially related to the story and Lois and/or Jimmy snooping around. Batman may or may not be involved.

Idk.
Smallville used to be vague where it was, then it was in Kansas and Metropolis is near Gotham which is in NJ I think??

Fictional geography is hard, no wonder WW can't find her home.

Distance wouldn't matter since Clark seems like the kinda guy who goes to see his parents at least twice a year.
So it'd be reasonable for him to get an eye exam and visit with old neighbors while in town.

>at least twice a year

That seems like an awfully low standard.

Gotham is Connecticut. Metropolis is on the eastern end of Kansas and Smallville is on the western end

metropolis is usually either in kansas, around that distance from smallville, or in delaware, across the bay from gotham in jersey

Sports accidents. Happens when you're a rich, irresponsible playboy who likes driving fast cars, rock climbing, and hang gliding. I bet he has all kinds of stories about stupid things he's done that got him hurt.

This thread makes me wish Powerless wasn't changed.

sounds GREAT

Who does that? It sounds like a commercial:

"Say, Clark old bean; I see you wear glasses every day. What's your secret?"

"Oh, Steve! It's no secret; I wear 'Doctor Specs' Brand Horn-Rimmed Thickies™ For People With Shitty Eyes™!"

Really? Where can *I* get some?"

"Fuck off, Steve."

Gotham is New Jersey and Metropolis is in Delaware. At least in the current comics.

Gotham and Metropolis are two autonomous districts in the Chesapeake in the DCEU.

Gotham is basically Bridgeport in Young Justice.

Gotham starts out as expy-Chicago in Dark Knight trilogy but changes its entire geography and location by TDKR.

Metropolis is expy-Kansas City in Smallville.

Gotham is in NY in the DCAU according to maps and drivers' licenses. Metropolis is nearby but never given a proper location.

It's expy-NY in Gotham.

The list actually goes on, especially if you factor in shooting locations and confirmed and probable inspirations. But I think this list pretty much lays out that where they are means fuck all because they become whatever they need to be and wherever they should be depending on the immediate needs of the story and medium.

Map from Rebirth

I do have a question, has the Metropolis being in Delaware and Gotham being in Jersey thing been the longest DC has ever stuck to their cities being in a set location? I know even Central and Keystone were still floating around in the late 80s before landing in Kansas/Missouri. And Midway and Star didn't have fixed locations until the late 90s at the earliest.

Was Coast City always in California? That might be the oldest example if so.

What is ST.Roch and why is it important enough to be on this map

what's that website that sends you glasses?

For some reason I always thought that Coast City was in the Louisiana area.

Hawkman hangs out there and IIRC the cap is from Death of Hawkman #1

If you saw the Green Lantern movie that might be why. Despite the California license plates the movie did all of its principal photography in New Orleans due to tax breaks.

But the city's location has usually been given as within 100 miles of Edwards Air Force Base

>thinking our boy Hal isn't from Cali

This is hilariously British

Lolol this is a funny question.

I would think he has an optometrist, and obviously fakes doing bad on the eye exam to get the glasses. If ever asked he gives his optometrist' info and he wont be caught in a lie.

One thing all this brings to mind is, does this mean clark uses his xray vision to see through the prescription lenses? I would assume so, i mean what if someone snatched them off or they fall off his face and as a joke someone puts em on? If they werent real they would see that and call him out on his fake lenses.

>eye doctor
You mean an optician?

You can buy both plain and prescription glasses from the internet, no actual prescription needed.

I don't know if its still cannon but they still have lenses in them because the lenses dull out the blue of his eyes so he doesn't stand out as much.

Naw, Clark is supposed to be ridiculously far sighted so he pulls his glasses down to look at stuff far away. That his excuse so he can use his X-Ray vision.

But if he gets non prescription glasses and someone found out theyd call him out on it and that could mess with his disguise.
Though he could just say he likes how he looks in em i guess..
But i would think they are prescription and the prescription doesnt actually effect his eyes. But why dont they mess with his eyes? My only guess was hes constantly using xray to look through em.
But as the user said, he lowers his glasses to use his xray vision. So i guess he isnt constantly looming through the lenses in xray mode.

If the glasses are prescription how does it not mess with his eyes?

Have you ever had an interaction with another human being?
Asking for recommendations for a dentist/optometrist/etc isn't that out there.

This thread really made me think.

He jus say Obama Care

...because he's Superman?

"Uh... uh... actually they're not real glasses, I just wear them to look smart."
"HAH! You're such a loser, Kent! Why can't you be cool and confident like Superman?"

Sports, he is a famous trill seeker, ski shit accidents in the Amazonia River etc.

Got them in Kansas years ago