Is the protagonist of V for Vendetta a Mary Sue?

Is the protagonist of V for Vendetta a Mary Sue?
He is completely unwavering in his convictions which are always framed as righteous within the narrative. Every one of his plans goes off without a hitch and are made to seem completely effortless. He is disarmingly charismatic and instantly beloved by Evey, not to mention incredibly intelligect. The closest he ever comes to failure is when he's about to be shot but, luckily for him, the gun that is about to fire upon him is not loaded.
It's hard to see him as a 'morally ambiguous' character when he comes across so impossibly perfect. V for Vendetta is essentially an anarchist's wet dream.

No idea, but it sure isn't Sup Forums.

It was a comic first, my Sup Forums friend.

Wut

>There are people on Sup Forums who aren't aware that V for Vendetta is a comic

No wonder this place is so shit

The protagonist of V for Vendetta is Evey Hammond.

>He is completely unwavering in his convictions which are always framed as righteous within the narrative.
Being the good guy doesn't make you a mary sue.
>Every one of his plans goes off without a hitch and are made to seem completely effortless.
Because he's been planning this for years.
>instantly beloved by Evey
Not true, she was afraid of him.
>charming and intelligent
Being charming and intelligent doesn't make you a mary sue.
>It's hard to see him as a 'morally ambiguous' character.
OK that's just you being an idiot.

>it's hard to see him as a 'morally ambiguous' character
maybe if you're a nazi and OK with torturing people and acts of terrorism.

>He is completely unwavering in his convictions which are always framed as righteous within the narrative
Are they? I seem to recall the story painting him as a bit of a mad cunt.

well placed bait my friend

Larry Stue

Jesus christ I honestly cant tell if this is bait.

Ever since TFA came out, the internet has completely lost track of what a Mary Sue is, going so far as to use it as a synonym for "protagonist."

I mean he's literally a terrorist.

In the film, I get your complaint, but in the comic Moore writes him as a very ambiguous, borderline insane character. The comic basically asks us to decide which insanity we prefer; fascism or anarchy.

You left out the part where he planned everything for years.

Movie fag.

fucking retard

I like how Evey getting her hair buzzed is the equivalent of a torture session for a dude.

You know, on top of the actual torture.

>V for Vendetta is essentially an anarchist's wet dream.
Took you this long to realize that?