Where did it start to kick the bucket, Sup Forums?

Where did it start to kick the bucket, Sup Forums?

I lost it at the Hannah McKay shit.

julia stiles

season 4 was the best season, the follows the second & the first one, I kind of likes season 7 too & a few eps of season 3.

the moment he starts having "real emotions". fucking dropped.

When they used an adult as a stunt double for a child

After first season. First season was perfect serial killer shit with an original plot (except that whole brothers thing, that was just some forced bullshit). The later ones sucked ass, except 2nd and 4th who were decent but still wildly inferior to the first one)

The second they decided to do a season after John Lithgow's turn as a serial killer.

Show peaked and they shoulda recognized it but... shekels.

season 5 was when it went to shit, but even season 5 is relatively good compared to 6-8

1 > 2 > 4 > 3 >>>>>> 5 >> 7 > 6 >>>>> 8

When he started having sex with Rita.

season 4 was the last straw.

When Doakes died
He was the only significant threat in the series

when lumen left out of fucking nowhere

god tier
>S1
good tier
>S2, S4
shit tier
>all else

Right after the first season.

After Rita's death

It kind of aged like shit. Season 1 is interesting, but rewatching it makes me realize how much filler and BS we have to deal with to get to interesting parts of episodes. You could really watch the first ten and last ten minutes of every Dexter episode and basically not miss anything, especially in the later seasons.

her and ruined this show for me

It sort of always sucked.

It was one of those post the wire/sopranos shows that had a high production value with charismatic actors and shocking premise, but the writing always sucked.

Even S4 seems so great in hidsight, but if you watch it again, it's just the season of Laguerta/Angel romance bullshit, and even the main story line sucks compared to shit we now have, but mostly didn't back then.

I wanna live in a world where TV shows with potential like Dexter always the top-tier actors, writing, producing and directing staff.

I just want every concept to live up to its potential.

I think we can all agree the show was stronger in it's early days and that Season 5 in particular was a shit show

season 3

I did like the lumen season, even though it was lackluster

>LaGuerta

man I fucking hated her so much, she got stale as shit and even when she got written out of the department she was still everywhere

Season 1 encapsulated the series perfectly and didn't need any other seasons.

It had right proportions to everything and had a pleasing ending.

If it had been cancelled after season 1, it would be considered one of best television shows of all time.

faggot

>You now remember Masuka's daughter
>You now remember the Louis Greene build-up only to have it end in "you insulted muh videogame" nothing to do with the arm
>You now remember Zach Hamilton build-up

It basically went to shit after S4, fuck loads of female writers got their hands on it and slowly tried to explore his character by being all "deep" about his emotions for others, introducing all these dumb fucks into his life. Rita's death should have been the catalyst for far more than that redneck's death in the start of S5, and kept Dexter on track.

Also what the fuck was Season 8 in general, god damn. At least Isaak Sirko was sort of cool, from memory anyway.

they make fun of her moon face calling her an ayylmao ? did they the same with Anya Taylor-Joy, Francesca Eastwood, Amanda Seyfried. etc too?

Season 7 got hyped because Robo-doakes. I was in season 7 threads.

>>You now remember Masuka's daughter
not really. some blonde hotie #165467
>>You now remember Zach Hamilton build-up
who?

>At least Isaak Sirko was sort of cool, from memory anyway.
as i remember he was there only for half of the season. underwhelming Pullo. also he was a faggot. shame.

I pretend everything after Season 4 doesn't exist.

Dexter finding Harrison in a pool of his mother's blood is pure pottery and the perfect end to the series.

When they killed Doakes

The writing in the later seasons was unbearable

>that aborted storyline where masuka's daughter's boyfriend was creepily obsessed with dexter
>that terrible "hacking" thing where dexter can somehow reverse it to find the location of the "hacker" just by opening the hacking program from the desktop
>those soap opera tier russian mafia arcs
>lol dexter is basically a superhero now

techie from season 6/7 that got written out of the show.

this. the edginess went too far.

Didn't watch after season 2. His sister dies in s4? What the hell does he even do for four seasons after that?

right after Trinity killer.

When Season 3 was a repeat of Season 2.

They should have had Dexter go dark and really show his psychopathic nature for a while, and then had a redemption arc for him.

Instead, they turned him into basically a vigilante superhero.

Season 3. People say season 4 was good, and it had good moments with John Lithgow, but did everyone forget how annoying and demanding Dexter's wife was in that entire season or did you all just forget about it after he found her dead?

rich kid who hated his dad in S8, dexter tried training him to use the code and stuff, ended up going rogue and just had to kill him.

>imagining trinity going full dick and screaming for mary on dexter's kill table

good times

s02e01