Can we get an Iron Fist thread going?

Can we get an Iron Fist thread going?

I tried before but Sup Forums doesnt actually read comics. I guess I'll have to wait for Sup Forums to invade when the netflix show comes out to actually get some discussion.

Or maybe the peoples here who read comics are not interested in talking about Iron Fist?

guess that is a possibility but i do know from past experiences is people are willing to discuss iron fist.

wether they actually read comics or not is unkown to me.

Maybe start by suggesting an actual topic instead of bitching.

I got into the character thanks to that PM-IF user who did all those Heroes for Hire storytimes. I really am thankful, the stuff from the 70s is fuckin gr8. It's a shame people tend to play hackeysack with IF and keep resetting him back to his starting point everytime I knew writer gets a hold of him

The trauma of loosing your parents doesn't just go away. Btw, what happened to PMIFanon?

I loved the kaare andrews series.

You are few and far between.

What do you want to talk about exactly?

I'm more talking about the character's state, i.e: that one time the Rand corporation got bought up by Namor didn't stick, that one time RandCorp got destroyed and Danny became poor didn't stick, etc. And they kind of like to just abandon his supporting characters (Colleen, the other Living Weapons).

Also I got no idea what happened to him. Maybe he just got as up to date as he wanted to and stopped

I remember reading the Immortal Iron Fist back in 2006 or whatever when it came out and being blown away. Reread it recently and it's not as good as I remember. Lots of cool ideas tho

Iron Fist is probably my favourite Marvel hero.

I really wish Marvel would hurry up and publish paperbacks of the last 30 or so issues of Power Man and Iron Fist vol. 1, so I can complete my collection.

Oh, I thought you were shading the TLW. That's what most people refer to when they accuse a writer of "changing" Danny. Isn't Danny a Billionaire, again? In the "I am Avenger" oneshot (where the chi-baby happens) he refers to himself as a "millionaire", I assume after he said he wanted to die poor at the end of IIF.

>Colleen

What is she even doing?

Imm kinda concerned that Bendis is going to write him again. He seems to like Danny the least and puts more focus on Luke/Jess.

Also I miss Misty and him together.

Sorry, white men dating black women is racist. Black women have to date black men, and white women can date black men as well. However if if a white woman dates a white man there has to be commentary on how they are racist and dealing with it.

tried that yesterday, zero responses

but thanks for being an ass, clearly the lack of topic is having a better response

i agree user.
i really enjoyed it but i absolutly despise the track suit

please make it go away

I wanted to focus on opinions on TLW and whats to come for danny but really any discussion makes me happy

Well, TLW is pretty awful. The art was nice, and the core idea that motivated it was good, but the execution and details were plain bad.It was someties too seriopus for its own good, and also kind of destroyed Kung Lung lore for... nothing. I'm not refering to pircuting them like asholes, they always were and petted Danny if anything: it's about actually destroying the characters and the city itself.

Also, fucking robotic zombies, and a mecha building. For crying out loud:; it you're going to go full Z, don't be so serious about yourself.

Who's already accepted that the show is going to be awful?

>sometimes
>K'un Lun
>serious
>picturing

I'm currently under fever, please don't mind my awful english.

TLW sucked balls, unsurprising coming from the guy who wrote "Spider-Man kills Mary Jane by giving her cancer via radioactive semen"

She's in Marvelous vacuum until Netflix IF

Synergy is positive and negative. On the one hand Colleen will be used more, but the show will be ahead of the comics in term of giving her meat, (same with Misty's background), and depending on what it's like I don't know if I'd want it incorporated into the main comics. As long as it doesn't tie future comic writers hands, and is just used as inspiration.

>Also, make her look consistently Asian-looking, but keep the red hair. And, I hope they don't hook her up with Shang.

I enjoyed TLW a lot. It was cool to see danny represented at his lowest point and i felt like the very end with pi, shoa loa and luke made it feel like it was returning danny back to normal. That what we just read was a hard time for him but hes bouncing back.

Also robo zombies and mecha buildings didnt bother me, its a comic book, shit gets zainey, whatever. but i do understand how that silliness doesnt fit the tone here.

Destroying kun lun really sucks and feels unnessacary, but I feel it leaves an awesome oppurtunity for new stories. Danny can rebuild it in his own image. He can be the leader of a mythical world. Maybe go to war with those tree people, or fight one of the other 8 cities of heaven. Lets be optimistic, this could be the set up of something great.....right?...

Id doesn't fit because it has a deadly serious tone almost all the time. And it has zero transition between the melodrama and the silliness.

spider man reign was great, mj dying from radioactive semem is hilarious

As for the chances that it brings to the table. Yeah, but I'm not confident about how it will work in the end. Danny is a not very good leader, on the other hand.

But who knows, in the right hands of thr right writer... maybe.

i think thats what would make it enjoyable, danny isnt really a good leader but he feels obligated to rebuild and no one else is fit to rule. hes pretty much forced into it.

also black knight became the leader of some shit in weird world. his story barely got told, mix the two together.
Unfit leader of a broken city against, magic enduced madman and his loyal army.

Well, he had a new run that follows on from those events, in March...so we'll see.

He stopped before getting to Colleen (and Misty's) Shadowland mini(s).

Bump

Interesting character, but Marvel keeps trying to fuck him over. He has potential for something different, but they try to force him into a generic role. Can't believe they're giving Andrews a sequel to that godawful series.

I felt like the art style really fit the story. Kind of messy and out of focus.

he doesn't seem to have much substance in the new power man and iron fist title. There was a little something peeking through in the prison but it got lost in the action that followed.

You'll probably see it in "Iron Fist" 2017.