>8. IVX #3
>9. Black Panther #10
>10. Action Comics #972

Let's have our weekly dose of comedy.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/qa/thread/956659/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>3/10
Not bad, considering DShit is lying about their numbers.

>Yet another week with no Marvel books in our store’s Top Ten. The bloom is even off the Star Wars rose, as that former top-ten title no longer breaks into the charts. Star Wars came in at #13 in our store; the highest ranked Marvel Universe title, Infamous Iron Man, came in at a very weak #19. Readers have bailed on books like Captain America Steve Rogers and Deadpool to such a degree that those books can no longer crack our top 25.

>Justice League vs Suicide Squad 6 sold out on Wednesday. All of the covers. Suicide Squad 10 sold out also. The JL vs SS crossover boosted its sales. Why am I somewhat surprised? Because the Civil War and Inhumans vs X Men crossover issues did not get a boost. Marvel had three in the top 10 this week. Star Wars 27 did very well. Punisher 8 had a cover people took to. Deadpool 25 sneaks in the top ten even with the $4.99 cover price. Somehow Hellblazer sold out Wednesday also and almost made it into the top ten. The Kamandi Challenge did terrible sadly. Reborn has really slipped sales wise. Avengers as a brand almost seems toxic now. The Avengers 1.MU was outsold by almost all of the other titles that came out the same week. It stuns me because with the popularity of the Avengers movies it makes no sense. Back to the Future Biff to the Future 1, Batgirl 7, Bloodshot USA 4, and more outsold and are outselling the various Avengers titles and spin offs. Years ago I would never have thought that possible. Marvel needs a new direction. Marvel NOW yet again is not working.

How?

>Very few surprises this week. Saga continues to be our best selling book in all its forms. DC generally dominates, with two Marvel non-Star Wars books cracking our top 10. Monsters Unleashed tie-ins are as DOA as the main mini. I keep waiting for the inertia on Rebirth titles to start to wane, but attrition has been very small. And with the crossovers we know about planned for the spring, I expect interest to at least hold.

>Big Week – Lots to choose from. With most MARVEL titles still trending downward as readers vote with their wallets, they did still pull 4 titles on our top 10 best selling books of this week.

>I have not reported our top ten in a couple weeks because there was basically not much to say that I didn’t say every week.. DC Dominance and events, events, events!
However this week Doom Patrol (a truly special book) finally came out after months of delays and it sold extremely well. If you are not reading this comic you should it will give you hope!!

>Great sales on new issues, but a little more of a lull than a usual week as people try to pay off holiday gift credit card abuse this month and next. We’re still up about 10% vs last January so far, while selling a lot less Marvel, so imagine if Marvel was bringing in new people or hitting their audience. 5 spots towards the end of our top 20 isn’t where I want them to be either. You have the most recognizable super heroes in the world, just make better comics, or reach a new audience to sell them to.

Lying about returns. They make their books returnable because they only take off like 10-25%, when everyone knows the return on returnable items is closer to 75%-90%

>DShit
Still salty everyone on multiple Sup Forums boards laughed at you and your board request to ban all DC threads from Sup Forums, huh?

>everyone knows

Link?

>IVX selling

why

>The Avengers 1.MU was outsold by almost all of the other titles that came out the same week. It stuns me because with the popularity of the Avengers movies it makes no sense.

Waid killed the Avengers franchise?

X-fans will buy anything.

Battered wife syndrome and all

But the book is about "fuck you and your favorite characters".

>everyone knows the return on returnable items is closer to 75%-90%

I don't think that's right but whatever floats your boat.

>tfw intern at Marvel

>Running on fumes from Monsters Unleashed from last week…or what i call the next wave of Marvel movies.

Nobody can deny the synergy

>I don’t have time for my usual ramble, so I’ll just say, “Please Marvel, fix it!”

>Walking Dead, Saga, old Batman and New 52 Batman, 1990’s Wolverine, decent amount of horror comics and low cost ASM, Uncanny and Generation X. No matter what you enjoy, keep voting with your dollars and they’ll make more comics like that!

>Star Wars wiped the floor with all the other titles this week. I guess i must be the only one selling Marvel Comics in the USA. Running on fumes from Monsters Unleashed from last week…or what i call the next wave of Marvel movies.Giant Monsters getting thrashed by Super Hero’s…what’s not to like in that equation.Oh yeah,DC Comics had 4 spots in the top ten.

>X-23 and Amazing Spider-Man ruled the back issue market. Figure that will be the trend for the next few weeks.

>Big week. I had a hard time fitting everything on my new releases rack. Between the extreme number of titles and alternate covers galore, I doubt this problem will go away any time soon. Though, with the notable drops (again!) in (primarily) Marvel’s bottom-tier books, I expect that many are soon for the chopping block.

>That issue of Saga, though… wow. BKV and Fiona Staples knocked it out of the park again. Sales on Image books have never been better. (Okay, okay, barring the first year, but that was just weird.)

>DC Rebirth is continuing strong. One of the things I like best about it (as a retailer) is that sales have been very consistent, with very little drops after the third to fifth issues. That’s unusual (and welcome) in today’s market.

>This week was typical for us. Being a traditional superhero store, it’s not surprising to have a top 10 without any of the smaller publishers. The biggest observations for this week: Sales wise, Justice League/Suicide squad stayed ridiculously consistent along with IVX. Despite coming out last week, both Batman 15 and Amazing-Spiderman #23 made the top 10 (due to shipping issue) which is a testament to how loyal our customers are to those two titles.

LIES

>Without surprise Saga #42 is dominating as the number one best seller, along with its last release (issue 41) at number ten. Kill or Be Killed continues to be a hit, as last week’s issue #5 is our number two seller, and held the top of our list last week. As for DC, Batman came in at number 3 followed by Doom Patrol and All Star Batman; intermixed is Marvel with Black Panther and Invincible Iron Man. The Unquotable Trump, (at number 4 on our top sellers list!) continues to be a huge success in our store, this small press book by artist R. Sikoryak features recreations of classic comic book covers with Donald Trump portraying all your favorite villains, and uses real quotes by the president himself. You can see why it would be a hit.

>Yoda takes the #1 spot. Pretty solid week for every publisher. We saw a Huge push for Mad Love for Harley. Older Liefeld, Image and Extreme comics have become a High Demand from our back issue customers. Drek comics have become a very nice pick up for investors lately.

>Thanks to the following retailers,

>Hourglass Comics, BC, Canada
>Jesse James Comics, Glendale, Arizona
>Rodman Comics of Ankeny, Iowa
>Fat Jack’s Comicrypt of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
>Yesteryear Comics of San Diego, California
>Dr. No’s Comics & Games Superstore of Marietta, Georgia
>Famous Faces & Funnies of West Melbourne, FL
>Graham Crackers Comics – 11 locations in the Mid-West
>Velocity Comics, Richmond VA
>Comix Experience Outpost, San Francisco, CA
>Issues Needed Comics, Apple Valley, MN
>Comix Experience, San Francisco, CA

>The Unquotable Trump, (at number 4 on our top sellers list!) continues to be a huge success in our store, this small press book by artist R. Sikoryak features recreations of classic comic book covers with Donald Trump portraying all your favorite villains, and uses real quotes by the president himself. You can see why it would be a hit.

goddammit why people still do this kind of shit

next time make a obama beeing every hero or hillary beeing every heroine

nowadays political fight is sell comic book political propaganda, amazing

It's the same guy who has no sources to back up his claim that DC lied about returns and all he's going by is the assumption that DC's returns on the direct market worked the same as the newsstand market (which is wrong because newsstand market sellers and comic shop retailers order and sell things in a different manner). Then he'll proceed not to respond once his ruse is uncovered again and then try to push the claim in other threads hoping no one will call him out like he deserves.

Just ignore the Marvelfag.

>Older Liefeld, Image and Extreme comics have become a High Demand from our back issue customers. Drek comics have become a very nice pick up for investors lately.

Wonder if that has something to do with the movie announcements.

>goddammit why people still do this kind of shit
>next time make a obama beeing every hero or hillary beeing every heroine
>nowadays political fight is sell comic book political propaganda, amazing

You wanna try this again in English?

>one shot tie-in by a literally who creative team for an event that no one is reading

Let me rephrase his post in the form of an image macro.

>Still posting Rich the leach shit
Y'all never learn

Star Wars, Black Panther, and X-Men holding it up

let me try:

Damn, how is it possible that people who do this kind of stupidity still exist today

His next work should be: every super-hero be Barack Obama; or every super-heroine be Hillary Clinton

Today the polical fight is set in comic books, as a propaganda, wonderful

was it any better now?

>was it any better now?
Not really. What's your native language?

portuguese
why?

Otário lixo.

good one

why did Black Panther get a random bump?

Not a random bump. It's been an extremely high seller since the get-go.

what happened in BP?

yeah but not top 10

>are you crying
kind of an ironic macro isn't it?

Rich's list actually started adding a few more comic shops. I know at Comix Experience that Black Panther's been a good seller (Brian Hibbs mentioned it before)

Saga is that high?
Good for them.

>Yesteryear Comics
I've been there

they suck

>board request to ban all DC threads from Sup Forums

Source? I mean this sounds too pathetic even for your average marvelcuck

It was

>I have no argument so I must straw man

Back to /qa/ you go

Marvelfags have no sense of decency.

Jesus christ what lows won't this company and its fans stoop to?

Found it.
desuarchive.org/qa/thread/956659/

>Bloodshot USA 4, and more outsold and are outselling the various Avengers titles and spin offs.

YEAH BABY YEAH

. Justice League Vs Suicide Squad #6
. Detective Comics #949
. Flash #15
. Wonder Woman #15
. Suicide Squad #10
. Action Comics #972
Not bad, indeed.

It's great how consistently Flash and Action are in the top 10. Wouldn't predict that same time last year.

>9. Black Panther #10
Why? How?

>Valiant is outselling Avengers titles

what a year

>The Kamandi Challenge did terrible sadly
This is your fault, Sup Forums.

Shooter is having his revenge at last.

>>The Kamandi Challenge did terrible sadly
>This is your fault, Sup Forums.

Only for that store. Big Bang Comics is doing their write up about the sales and it seems to be doing okay for them.

Flash is not nearly good enough to be 3rd

Yeah, I'm hoping it does well overall.

I'm tradewaiting, not paying $60 for the whole series.

Oh look, it's that fucking guy again. How many times to people have to prove you're full of shit before you stop? Are do Marvel really pay their interns that well?

Well, Kamandi as awfully boring so I see no need to read a series that's all about him.

>Marvel
>paying their interns
Dude.

And then proceeds to read Trash Danvers.

Fuck off.

Nah, I haven't read a Marvel book in the last few months. Doesn't mean I like Kamandi though.

>Readers have bailed on books like Captain America Steve Rogers
Oh for fucks sake people. Captain Hydra has been one of the few marvel books thats consistently better than mediocre. Damn.

Controversy baiting has finally started to bite them in the ass, it seems

uh, user after 6 issues books stop being returnable. Even so, this are actually books retailers manage to sell so how would them being returnable factor into retailers selling more of them?

Geez I wonder what made people drop Steve Rogers

>t-threads discussing comics is cancer because it's shit talking muh marvel
>b-but Sup Forums threads are okay

Show bump, lot of people interested in the show probably got on it. Shame same can't be said for Green Arrow though.

Am I wrong, or does that art look incredibly ugly?

>tffw Didio said that if Kamandi fails it'll probably take another 10 years before they get the balls to do another attempt

This is also the reason why they went with the round robin route, so that a lot of people can join in the creative process because a lot of people really wanted to do Kamandi

Why do normies like Saga so much?

>Muh alien dicks
Also it has pretty deep world building I think?

Even if they were true that wouldn't matter in this case because this is what stores are selling. Kys shill

They think it's mature because the characters talk like low class scum

>this company and its fans
Why blame DC for their fans insisting on falseflagging?

Are these some of those "alternative facts" I've heard about?

It's fucking hideous. Captain Marvel looks more like wolverine than Wolverine does and Black Bolt looks like he shit himself but is hoping nobody notices

Cassidy has been phoning it in for years.

the lack of sense of irony and self awareness among lefties is just pathetic

This is typical of Marvelfags. Always ready to have DC hate threads but will scream bloody murder when shown facts.

only 3 out of 10 even with 10% overship

is there a more cancer ridden board than qa?

10% on all books is January. Marvel had 50 to 100% overships on a large number o books for December

That poster is clearly from Sup Forums. Do you not know that /qa/ is an aggregation board with users from all over the site?

I see pandering to SJWs has given great results to marvel.

who gives a shit
the movies get the normies.
the comics get the tumbristas.
and actual Marvel fans will buy the books regardless of how shit they are.

quality doesn't matter anymore.

It started off strong, before it embraced the "meets Game of Thrones" part of the pitch and started killing off the characters most worth reading about.

That's John Cassaday? Man, I know his work dramatically decreases in quality as a series goes on, but bloody cats, that is hideous.

What? Why not just do a reboot written by tom king or something?

they have no necks and are old men