ITT: Episodes with a shitty or broken moral

ITT: Episodes with a shitty or broken moral.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrokenAesop
youtube.com/watch?v=XmndJUSIVDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Come on man, don't hit toddlers

DW knew exactly what she was doing and arthur told her multiple times not to touch the model plane.

I remember there was an early AT episode in which they decided to cut several trees to solve some stupid problem

I wish I remembered the episode's name

Is this show still running? Did they ever fix DW being a horrible, spoiled, evil, demonic, attention-whoring nuisance? I'm typically not the type of person who demands character development in a children's cartoon but DW was so insufferable it hurt to watch.

Yes and no respectively.

DW is a pretty accurate portrayal of a 4 year old desu. You shouldn't fucking hit 4 year olds no matter what they break. Go to the parents and let them dole out justice, hitting her just makes you the bad guy anyway

Any show that uses the "Everybody is a winner if you try your hardest" moral is setting up children for insane amounts of failure.

Yours mine and mine from spongebob

Every Lapis episode.

Every later season 2 episode where Dipper had to apologise.

fuck, are new spongebob episodes having moral lessons in them now too?

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS NOT TOUCH THE DAMN PLANE, DW

Every anti-bullying episode ever.

She's 4 years old.

Yup. Plus, he only got punished (well "punished," oh no no TV for a week so harsh) because he refused to apologize and said he was in the right for hitting her.

As soon as he apologized to DW, she did too.

Literally any boyvsgirls episode ever created

Fuck off is she four.

She's at least 6, what kind of fucking 4 year old talks or acts like that?

I nominate the particularly despised episodes of Family Guy that try to make a point, with morals like
>All Christians are book burning retards
>It's okay if your family abuses you, just as long as they need to in order to stay together
The domestid violence one didn't have a bad moral but it handled everything in such a shitty way

And?

EVERY SINGLE TEEN TITANS GO EPISODE!

then her parents should have been supervising her 24/7

According to the show, she is 4.

>thinking you have to supervise a four year old 24/7

There were morals of the story in ttg?

The point is that it's not OK to hit people even if they piss you the fuck off.

I wanted to see her bleed, though.

OP, if you want more examples, TVTropes has a section called Broken Aesop:
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrokenAesop

> linking TVTropes

I'm torn. Arthur was wrong to use violence, especially on such a young child. I don't really believe in resorting to violence was right. He should have just called his parents or kicked his sister out of his room. And Arthur was just so clouded by anger that he only cared about his feelings.

On the other hand, DW gets no punishment for being a cunt (the mom says she will, but nothing ever comes of that), and it was so fucking satisfying seeing her get hit. DW is such a spoiled brat and she needs more discipline. Or to be killed off - that would be much more satisfying.

So I don't think what Arthur did was right, but I don't blame him for wanting to punch DW.

>DW gets no punishment for being a cunt (the mom says she will, but nothing ever comes of that
Because it's not the point of the episode.

>it was so fucking satisfying seeing her get hit
Granted.

>I don't think what Arthur did was right, but I don't blame him for wanting to punch DW.
Children should be taught they can't always do what they want.

That episode of Arthur where Arthur bullies Sue Ellen for literally no reason.

>Because it's not the point of the episode.
That's still pretty relevant to the episode. What are kids gonna think when they see that DW gets no punishment for doing one bad thing, but Arthur does for another? I know that as a kid, the episode just made me want to take the "law" into my own hands because the adults in the show weren't able to.

I feel that showing her receiving consequences for her actions would have made Arthur look more unreasonable, and make it easier to see how he was in the wrong. Instead, they swept what DW did under the rug, and it makes it look like she got away with being a shitleg.

>Children should be taught they can't always do what they want.
I agree. I'm saying that while I think Arthur did the wrong thing, I as a viewer enjoyed it.

That's not the point imo. My problem is that Binky kicks Arthur's ass at the end and it's treated like a "HAHAHA What goes around comes around" thing.

Well, it's better than the "Don't even fucking try cause there's a billion people better than you" moral.

>Children should be taught they can't always do what they want

>Children should be taught theres no justice in this world*

> TFW she touches it

The young need to learn.

At the very least; DW should have been the one who had to apologize first.

Arthur taught D.W. a very important lesson: never bully someone stronger than you. Hopefully she will take it at start and don't go poking a sleeping bear next time.

[insert any cartoon episode about bullying]

Arthur didn't even get punished for hitting her, though. He got punished after he backtalked his parents and said he had nothing to apologize for, instead of just saying "I'm sorry DW, I shouldn't have done that." In the episode after he finally apologizes, she does too.

>>It's okay if your family abuses you, just as long as they need to in order to stay together
I seriously couldn't tell if this was a joke or not. It was played completely straight but it's just so absurd.

>It was played completely straight but it's just so absurd.
I think this was you discovering the joke.

I don't remember that one but I remember one episode about two married spiders having marriage problems and the solution was for them to get pregnant and have babies which fixed their relationship problems, so the moral is if you're fighting in a relationship just have kids and everything will be fine

That one was pretty hilariously horrible

Oh yeah, with Bobcat Goldthwait.

Shows with a shitty broken moral
- the avatar can do anything and get away with it
- it's cool to steal the boyfriend from your friends
- you can punch your problems away
- you don't need to learn anything; eventually things will work out

and that's just Season 1

Wait, wasn't this Miss Spider's Sunnypatch? If it was I think the whole fight was because the female spider wanted to have children and the male spider hated children, so of course in the episode the male spider has to take care of some children and learns that they aren't so bad.

>- it's cool to steal the boyfriend from your friends
All's fair in love and war.

>watch this episode as a kid
>"wow, DW's kind of a bitch"
>get older
>start building models
>remember this episode
>"I hope DW dies in a car accident"

MrEnter pls go

sounds like sunk cost fallacy to me

Incidentally, Suyin.

Everything about Suyin.

>it's treated like a "HAHAHA What goes around comes around" thing.

How so?

How so?

Arthur's dad literally says
>well now you know how DW felt
and doesn't give a single shit otherwise

now he has the kids so clearly he has to look after them regardless

when I was like 5 I punched my older sister in the face for constantly being a shit to me and my parents turned around and told her 'serves you right'

Yeah, but he only agreed to have children because he learned they aren't complete little shits.

but they are

If you're looking for a romantic partner you have to go through a full relationship with any girl you're interested in. The dating scene is an inherently sexist concept.

If you're a dude.

This is true though

Steven Universe
The Whole Gay Agenda is turning our youth into pooftahs

In the scene, Arthur's dad is giving him ice and listening to him, same as he did to DW. Arthur is explaining what happened, and how he was embarrassed and hurt, and Arthur's dad says "Well, maybe that's how D.W. felt when you hit her." Arthur says "Maybe, but, what has that got to do with this? Binky Barnes is huge!" then he realizes that to DW, Arthur is as big as Binky Barnes, and he is able to emphasize that DW felt embarrassed and hurt.

That's not a "HAHAHAHA WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND," it's, "Hey, that's how your sister felt when you hit her, do you understand why it was wrong now?"

If you give multiple girls your number/email then you're the same as a spider-lady who seduces then eats men. Like, duh, of course

well maybe she shouldn't have ignored his multiple attempts at telling her not to mess with his delicate model which was definitely not a toy

And DW never got punished for breaking the plane

UK, please go.

The gay ending to the Legend of Korra

Bryke should commit japanese ritual suicide for making a shitty series worse!

>japanese ritual suicide
What an amusing malapropism you made, user!

"Japanese ritual suicide" is a kind of math puzzle.

Those lesbian "girl power" episodes

I know "beta male" is rapidly becoming a cliche insult but wow this episode is so fucking beta.

I thought that was sepaku not sudoku?

How about a middle ground of "sometimes no matter how hard you try some things just aren't going to work out. But that doesn't mean you stop trying"?

It's not okay to hit someone because they broke something. If Arthur had just went to his parents instead of hitting his 4 year old sister, he would not have gotten punished.

Her parents said she would be dealt with, and acknowledged that what she did was wrong when they told Arthur that "what you did was wrong, too." The point of the episode is that it's not okay to hit someone because they broke something, a lesson that Arthur needed to learn.

And the episode fails because the viewer almost certainly hates DW and was on Arthur's side

The male spider was also the villain.

Well, not so much "villain", more like "asshole neighbor".

And he was voiced by Frollo.

>He thinks that relationships and dating follow set, logical rules

Sorry guy, but even if you don't have a set relationship declared, if a bunch of girls found out you were going out with them simultaneously, they'd be pissed.

Hell, how would you feel as a guy if you found out that a girl you thought you were in with had dated four other guys that week?

Not saying you can't mix it up a little bit at the beginning, to try and figure things out... but it's obviously a risk if the other party finds out.

Not for no reason, because he thought it was funny. It was a harmless joke everyone laughed at, including Sue Ellen herself, but he took it way too far to try to still be funny.

It actually was pretty funny, just the fucking lengths he went to.

> It's not okay to hit someone because they broke something.

It's okay to hit someone if they break something from you even through you gave them multiple and clear warnings to don't mess with it.

It was not 'just an accident.'

Weirdmageddon part 2

The end of Ass Burgers

So it's okay to hit someone if they have hit someone else, perpetuating the circle of violence and that people must learn through inflicting physical pain on others.

>a bunch of girls found out you were going out with them simultaneously
>a little bit of preteen flirting
>phone number exchanges
>"going out"

>thinking plenty of pre-teen girls wouldn't see it that way

Wew, did you not date anyone until you were 20 or so?

Never knew Sup Forums is this retarded.

th-there's something wrong with that?

Don't you mean a shitty and broken model?

>sometimes no matter how hard you try some things just aren't going to work out.
Blade a had pretty good use of this lesson.

Where did anyone say 'just an accident'? Also, it's not okay to hit someone even if they do that.

Where did anyone say that? No one said it was okay for Binky to hit Arthur.

>Well, not so much "villain", more like "asshole neighbor".
Yeah, I remember him being the "asshole with a heart of gold" and actually mellowing out after getting married and having children.

People treated it as it was more like DW being not careful.

And yes, it's completely okay to hit someone to protect your propriety if it's something you gave clear warning to left it alone.

fuck off dw

>the boys were a couple of steps behind them to make sure the girls don't fuck up to bad

Binky apologized at the end because he realized it was wrong and then resolved to never use violence again.

That other user summed up the episode fine, it's too bad it's a Sup Forums meme at this point to just spam BUT HE TOLD HER NOT TO TOUCH IT!!!

>Remember watching this episode as a child.
>Remember getting so goddamn frustrated when D.W. broke the plane.
>Still didn't like that Arthur hit her, coming from a mix of her being smaller/younger than him and being told that you should just go tell your parents or an adult when shit like this happens.
>Then the whole Binky hitting Arthur scene happens and I'm right back to being angry.

I think that's what irked me the most, that they treated Binky hitting Arthur like it was the same thing as him hitting D.W.

Watching the episode again it was clear the writers didn't know how to put a moral into this one other than "Don't hit people", but it makes Arthur's parents come off as irresponsible and neglectful.

The difference was that Binky hit Arthur while he didn't have done anything wrong. It's stupid to dismiss it as karmic justice, since Arthur had already been punished.

hahahahaha

You don't know the kinds of dumb shit little kids will try. I hope you never have children, I can just see how hopeless you'd be as a parent.

Honest question: are you on the spectrum?

youtube.com/watch?v=XmndJUSIVDo