Steven Universe

Will you be watching tonight? I know it leaked but if it gets bad ratings CN won't take it seriously

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonnetwork.com/livetv/
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>if it gets bad ratings

Unless you have a Nielson Box, it doesn't matter if you watch it live

>won't take it seriously
>implying it ever did

They have an official stream supports ratings as well.

cartoonnetwork.com/livetv/

Watch it online then?

shit seriously? man next time I have a cable account I need to use that thing to start 'voting' for shows i like.. and so do all of you

No because this show sucks anus hole.

Thank you. This isn't said enough. Every time I see people saying BE SURE TO WATCH THEY NEED THE RATINGS, I just think no ones opinion matters unless they have a box.

I never bothered to setup my cable but I'll redownload it cause of the audio sync problem one of the rips had.

I want to support them, how do i do this from the UK?

watch the stream I guess

Does this mean the general will be back?

So, any idea on when we should be getting leaks for the new crystal gems?

Why would they care about ratings too much? They know there's an audience for the show, that leaks are making people not watch live, and that this is still a very popular show. Seems silly for them to rely on ratings for this show when it's very obvious that it doesn't accurately depict the attention the show is actually getting.

where the leaks at?

this

Is there a reason why cable companies can't/don't track ratings via customers' cable boxes?

It should get bad ratings for being mediocre

Too much to manage and cable boxes have no direct feedback. Nielsen boxes are a statistical sample that makes it a lot simpler for them.

Maybe if it get bad ratings, CN will learn to NOT PUT SHIT ON THE INTERNET ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE.
Who the fuck am I kidding? CN NEVER learns.

They took four episodes down afterwards after the realization that they were supposed to upload only the first episode, it's the fandom's fault for ripping and spreading the spoilers across the internet

>it's the fandom fault that CN is incompetent

What do you think we can expect from Storm in the Room? Maybe a PD reveal? If the voice in the zoo really was PD, it would make sense for her to appear sooner than later.

Cable companies are also internet service providers for the most part, so I'd imagine some kind of cable box/modem combo would be possible. Or hell, 10 years from now most people will likely have a smart TV, so cable boxes won't be necessary. Just stream all the shows from the modem like those Roku things. Then tracking what people watch should be easy. Have every customer fill out a little census so they have demographic info for each account, and bam, data for an algorithm to analyze in real-time.

I hope it's about the geode.

should we keep the livewatch on this thread or make a new one for that?

/sug/ inevitably starts off right before or after the episode airs

They care more about toy sales than they do ratings.

They do. People are just fucking idiots thinking things work the same way they did before the internet.

Well, Little Voice was voiced by Christina Vee, here, who also voiced Jay-Ten.

I am definitely rooting for her to be the voice of Pinky...

Will we ever get to see White Diamond or will the show be cancelled before?

>Sugar wanted to make 5 season show
>Instead of renewing it for 2 seasons more, CN chops 2 and 3 in two halves
>We are in season 4 now but in reality it's just the first half of season 3
>We are halfway through the show, and CN doesn't seem to want to renew it
>MFW we'll get just 3/5 of what was originally planed and all will be rushed as hell if not just left unconclused

Ha. Ha. Fucking ha.

because they dont get money from people watching on kisscartoon? As others have said, watching on the website or the app is surely still tracked and helps the show... it'll be interesting to see how the ratings turn out after this debacle though. It seems like many of the previous premiers after leaks still did fine in ratings

What makes tonight's premiere so important relative to every other night? I 0don't have cable anyway.

it was revealed that the seasons were being cut in half VERY soon after the 'picked up for 2 more seasons' announcement hit. Crewniverse found this stuff out when we did, just like the UG crew that got screwed over. There wasn't time to make any long term plans for a 52 episode season 4/5

Why don't SU Youtubers address the very real possibility of it getting cancelled? They seem to be stuck in full on everything is fine mode

wait a minute
if i had cable why would i bother watching it online
dammit!

I really don't get the season split. I'm assuming it's for marketing purposes since it's not like the show actually airs with seasons in mind.

I think it's a way to extend the show without actually renewing it. Isn't it extremely expensive to make?

From a purely business standpoint it wouldn't make sense; it generates some of the best ratings on the network at the moment, huge online buzz, and what little merchandise it has sells very well. If it was cancelled it'd be very unexpected.

Here's to hoping it gets the worst ratings of all time.

>I think it's a way to extend the show without actually renewing it.
It in no way extends the show. 2 26 episode seasons verse 1 52 episode season take exactly as long to make and air.

>your abusive roommate will never force you to worship her feet

5 "seasons" instead of 3. It's the same number of episodes, but it makes it seem like the show ran longer than it did

Didn't Nielsen update their ratings to include Twitter and DVR recordings a while back?

Isn't We Bare Bears doing better?

>5 "seasons" instead of 3. It's the same number of episodes, but it makes it seem like the show ran longer than it did
Ie marketing purposes like I said in the first place. I really god damn doubt any business contract says seasons without defining their duration.

Not in ratings or online presence, I think WBB is doing better on merch though

Why isn't there a /sug/ thread? I thought it was allowed back when new episodes were airing?

I somehow doubt that. I'd bet PPG and Adventure Time and maybe even TTGO since it can have actual toys are doing better on merch.

Does online presence matter if it doesn't make money?

Maybe he'll ask the room to show him PD being shattered?

Presumably because the next bomb already leaked a while ago and all the discussion wrapped up for it. There will almost definitely be a thread for the actual airing though.

Prepare your WEs

So, White Diamond is clearly being built up as the big bad/head bitch of it all. How do you think she'll behave?

I hope she's so scary even Yellow and Blue are terrified of her.

iirc after 3 seasons or 65 episodes (half-hours) it's required that all the show's staff get raises

>"CN hates Steven Universe"

What voice?

It's a good way to see how people are interested, which can be a good way to determine how to direct resources towards promotion and merchandising. It's not directly beneficial, but more like secondarily so.

Something to that effect, yeah. It's why Ben 10 keeps getting relaunched as new series, even when they are in continuity with previous ones.

Hell maybe SU will end up getting that treatment too.

But it isn't as profitable as WBB or TTG.

How much do boarders/a show creator generally make? Does CN pay out big bucks, or is it more meager?

We want to believe it's malice, rather than CN being completely incompetent, or at least a bit schizophrenic.

Wow, I gotta admit, that is pretty good jewery from CN.

They never referred to her at all.

In fact nobody has referred to her in any way except in drawings.

You don't have to refer to someone to build them up. In fact, the opposite can do just the same.

Why isn't there more merchandise of the show? Do the CN execs think no one will buy merch of mainly women?

I think they have been (((incompetent))) too many times just to be a coincidence.

Kids won't.

Hanlon's razor, user.

If CN really does have some secret thing against SU, I don't see why it can't just let it die in peace. If it doesn't get renewed, it has 36 episodes left. Not a whole lot more.

Any adaptation of a fution makes fution itself seem so...dirty. Who wants to share thoughts and memories?

I figured out why Cartoon Network hates Steven Universe.

wow, I fucking hope this show does get canceled then, we don't need more antisemitism on television
fuck this show, I hope Sugar gets arrested for being a pedophile

well i live in peru so

More Connie when?

>Hanlon's razor
I've never heard of that, I like it, and I will try to use it in the future.

'Fution' = Opal with a giant dick?

>antisemitism

What she describes to me seems heroic, not evil - an attempt to upset a stratified, unjust social order that oppresses millions under the heavy boot of a privileged, self-righteous ruling class.

It's blocked in my country

There's actually a great amount for a Cartoon Network show, you just have to buy it online or head to stores which carry that type of merchandise.

Officially there are:

-Funko Pops + keychains
-multiple sets of blind box/bag figurines, I think 5 different types so far?
-Misc figures (some in the CN character blind bags, that Amethyst!Steven figure, etc)
-2 board games
-T-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, dresses, earrings ,necklaces, hair bows, bracelets/wrist bands
-Backpacks
-Cups, water bottles, mugs
-Plushes (horrifying plushes ,but, plushes)
-Misc stuff like a coin bank, puzzles, blankets, cards
-Books (The Answer picturebook, some comics, the Madlib, and there's an art book coming out later this year)

>next time I have a cable account

Yeah me too, the very second I step through the time machine to 1992.

But no action figures, which is bullshit.

They should have real hair... well, Garnet should have some kind of sponge obviously, but at least something compressable.

Why doesn't CN come up with some sort of paywalled stream, where you pay a certain amount, and get to watch the episode live.

Eh, I stopped giving a shit after the cluster arc. As did the writers apparently. Let it die.

Of course an upper class Gem like Lapis wouldn't want the proletariat Gem masses to rebel, she knows when Ruby October comes she will be one of the first ones to go.

I mean... most American shows don't get that sort of merchandise nowadays. Especially for Cartoon Network shows, which aren't marketed in the same way as a show would be on, say, The Disney Channel. It's not like the 80s and 90s where just about every remotely successful TV show got traditional toy action figures.

I know it's a joke, but Lapis' placement in gem society is weird to me.

She terraforms, so she's clearly a worker gen, but it seems like she's special, given her clothes. They aren't the typical jumpsuit. Not to mention, she was on BD's court. It doesn't seem like grunts would be allowed there, unless they were guards like the Rubies and Quartzes guarding BD were.

Lapis deserved it

The episodes are more plot-related and have newer gems being shown. It's a step up from the townie episodes, at least.

leaked where?are there megas?

Can someone explain to me what happen with the whole lapiz paridot drama?

Stop posting this dumb bullshit. That faggot doesn't need any more views.

Wait for it to air on or stream on channel or service in your region.

Maybe she's an exceptionally porwerful lapis?
Pearl seemed surprised to see how strong she is.

Posting this video again should be a bannable offense

All the recent episodes involving Peridot and Lapis were meant to be the start of a relationship, confirmed by the storyboarder herself. It seems she has quit the show and published her intentions.

I'll watch because I get to see Blue Pearl again

He makes good points, but he's a total cunt.

It really should. People are probably gonna spam this shit in the generals tonight.

>implying Yellow Pearl isn't better in every facet