Keep meaning to watch this but can never be bothered

Keep meaning to watch this but can never be bothered.

Is it worth it?

Yes

It's ok, pretty good. I like watching people make a lot of money. It's a bit pretentious with the stupid celeb scenes that explain certain business terms, but overall a nice movie. Steve Carell is great.

It's watchable but instalyly forgettable. Read the book it's much better.

I like it but then I love moneyball

I enjoyed it. Wouldn't watch it a second time, though.

It's informative and entertaining, for its subject matter it's pretty good

I watched it twice then read the book but then again i'm obsessed with economic collapse theories which I believe to be 100% grounded in fact

I expect the economy to totally collapse by year 2033

What did you think of pic related?

Good movie, Goose is pretty funny in it

Bretty good

Other economic crash kino
>the company men
>margin call(my favorite)
>too big to fail

It was really nice. Man that Bale!!

if youre NOT retarded, then yes

this & big short are both really good at explaining what the banks did. they are honest & good summaries of the financial crisis

however, they both misrepresent the truth to a certain extent, in that they largely omit the governments role in the crash; how they incentivized the stupid behavior from the banks through shit regulations that entirely undermined the "natural seiection" that would otherwise occur in a competetive free market

Pretty sure Inside Job covered deregulation.

It's pretty good. Worth a watch, enjoy

yeah i might be misremembering, havent seen that one in a while. but at least big short definitively does that; it only focuses on how retarded the banks were, but doesnt say anything about WHY they were being so retarded

b-but muh too big to fail

someone actually fucking said that to me and I wanted to punch him

It's a good movie, as far as finance dumbed down to popular culture goes

Do a double feature with "too big to fail", and you'll have a good working knowledge of the events.

(not that the big short sucks. its still great, and highly informative. but it doesnt give the whole picture)

Watch big short then check out inside job for a full picture.
100% worth the time

Yeah it does, the whole thing is themed around greed being the driving force

maybe don't remember correctly but I'm pretty sure when the banks were being rescued by government Carell said they weren't just being stupid and that they knew it was gonna happen all along