NotAJSA Storytime: Transformers vs G.I. Joe

As promised - a completely illegitimate storytime falsely trading on an established name.

This comic is still super great. Read it. READ IT.

#0 to #3 tonight, #4 to #7 tomorrow. More later???

How about that [comics related news] huh??

Dan Spiegle, comic artist for a wide variety of comics including Hopalong Cassidy, Scooby-Doo, Nemesis, Blackhawk and Crossfire, passed away on Saturday at the age of 96.

(no really, I find out half of that from these threads)

HI PREACHER user

Hello user

F

RIP dan

Nice

This probably sounds real dumb to anyone who's been following Scioli for a long time but I'm only now realising he was the guy doing that "American Barbarian" webcomic, wasn't he?

Angouleme is going on. Don't know much of the news, since I don't speak French. All I know is what Ed Piskor is tweeting. He had a Q&A with Claremont

yeah, there's a collection of it coming out this year

He was. He did that after Godland with Casey at Image and before this.

Really love that he does all these hyper-dense spreads and unconventional paneling - like the Cave Carson back-ups - and still finds room for pages like this.

That should be interesting to catch. Googling shows Claremont had a spot on a 'The Holocaust in comics' panel.

On which note shout-out to the user doing the Maus storytime.

That was one of the first comics I read that wasn't 2000AD.

If you don't know each of these comes with a creator discussion kinda script notes at the end, which I'll be posting because I think they're interesting.

Sure

All bumps are appreciated. I know *sob* I'm not as popular as the real OP.

>All bumps are appreciated. I know *sob* I'm not as popular as the real OP.
This

The Image anniversary stuff this year makes me theorize about like, a "Gen 38"

You may not be the Original, but at least I've got somewhere to hang out again. Thanks.

Besides the homage covers they haven't done anything related to the 90's stuff. Besides the upcoming relaunch of Youngblood

I know Spawn and Savage Dragon are still going, no idea what's up with Top Cow

So Springfield has a long history with the G.I. Joe Franchise, correct?

I never watched G.I. Joe or read the comics so I miss a lot of the layering here. What I catch up on is mostly through what True Fans write up about it.

HI user

Sadly I can't promise the wit, vim, snark or general drunkenness you're used to.

I don't see Gen 13 as something they'd do now, but it'd be interesting to see it further on if only for that "adults with lives" itch in cape comics.

(though I guess that was pretty much the opposite of Gen 13's appeal)

I thought the appeal of Gen 13 was sexy teenagers

>I don't see Gen 13 as something they'd do now, but it'd be interesting to see it further on if only for that "adults with lives" itch in cape comics.
Gen13 is now owned by DC actually, as Wildstorm split off on it's own and then was bought by DC

This is the line that made me fall in love with this series.

I also really like the use of overlapping speech bubbles to show someone talking over someone else, which you also get (the gunfire sounding over Laser Soldier's expository dialogue is nice and wry too).

I'm looking at blurbs right now and is it actually a thing that each Black Mask book must be described as X meets Y?

More script-y pages

Neat senpai

This

The Cave Carson solicits make it look like the Feb issue is the last one we'll get with a Scioli back-up. Does anyone know if he's got anything in the pipeline beyond that?

Because NGL that is pretty much what I'm reading Cave Carson for.

>if he's got anything in the pipeline beyond that?
I hope.

This looks really good but I'm not a big fan of Transformers and never got into GI Joe at all. Is there anything else he's done aside from American Barbarian and Godland?

The Myth of 8-Opus. A videogame tie-in comic called Freedom Force.

I was in the same boat as you and ended up loving this though, so obv YMMV. I mean look at what's fucking happening here.

WHOOPS

>The Myth of 8-Opus
This looks awesome and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

This page is so fucking "these are toys" I love it. There's a whole thing with this comic where the actual physical toy informs expressions, how a character looks, what they can do.

F

>Does anyone know if he's got anything in the pipeline beyond that?
On Twitter he said he has a creator owned project in the works.

Is this /d/?

That's awesome. Got a link?

I love this so much. So, so much.