Ben Affleck not longer directing The Batman

comicbook.com/2017/01/31/ben-affleck-steps-down-as-director-of-the-batman/
Well this can't be good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
comicbook.com/2017/01/31/ben-affleck-steps-down-as-director-of-the-batman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In other words, Warner wants to crap this out ASAP before the superhero movie fad wears down, despite Affleck wanting it to be an actual quality film.

Nice.

So is this because of his last flop or is Ben trying to get out of this universe given JL?

S-should we be worried?

Fucking bullshit. Seriously.

Both

Its almost like WB wants the DCEU to fail.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope you're happy, marvelbullies

From the article it seems that Ben wants to make a decent film and Warner Brothers just sort of gave up on the DCCU being anything good and just wants to churn this shit as fast and cheap as possible.

J U S T
I fucking hate DCEU and WB with a passion. The most offensive thing they've done is hold Johns hostage. Motherfucker will never write that Shazam ongoing.

There seems to be a pattern with these DC films.

Johns ruins everiything

WHY DOES DC CINEMA KEEP FUCKING UP

>implying this is Johns' fault

>yfw Zack Snyder becomes replacement director

You mean WB

The writer of the movie??

You people are fucking idiots. He did this because he knows the movie has to be good. His entire career is riding on it. He knows if it flops he is finished. This movie is all anyone will remember him for or care about for years to come.

Nigger it would mean shit comics if DC is a Disney property. That's not a sacrifice a lot of people here would look to commit.

Wonder Woman will bomb, which will lead to Aquaman getting canceled, and Justice League will under perform. Everything else will fall afterwards.
Green Lantern will never get past the planning stage.

>Good director leaves a movie because he wants it to be directed well
Yeah dude?

I'm a DC fag who's happy to see the DCEU going down in flames. Sad about Affleck though. He deserved better.

laughingevans.webm

What's horrifying is that the DCEU is slowly becoming the next Resident Evil movie franchise in terms of "fuck it, action! They make enough" moviemaking

OH YEAH WHO WAS THE ONES SAYING "Oh no, he's totally gonna direct. Just because he hasn't confirmed it yet, that's just marketing tactics"

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!? I TOLD YOU THAT THE FACT THAT HE KEPT DENYING HE WOULD 100% DIRECT WAS A RED FLAG BUT NOOOOOOOO

>Justice League will under perform
It won't just under perform, it will be the biggest flop in comic book movie history

We need to convince people to not watch the movie, WB deserves to get punished for what they did.

This, he is probably sabotaging everything so his pet characters can have a chance.

Dumbass he knows he cannot commit the time to the role and direct his first summer blockbuster. Affleck makes niche movies, not 100s of millions of dollar action epics.

This would be like if Leo starred in and directed The Aviator.

This is practically the DCEU's theme song at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI

>Good director stays on movie to cooperate with a new lead director so that he can focus on playing the lead role

Read the original Variety article not this clickwhore repost shit you asslicker

>user actually believes a shitty capefag movie will ruin Ben Affleck's career.

user, put down the comic books, get off the computer, and go outside for several hours.

I'm only slightly happy because I was saying over and over that Affleck directing wasn't even really a given and that it should be a warning that the movie had a confirmed timeframe of release but with no director.

For something that seemed like a given it didn't make a lot of sense for it not to be a day 1 confirmation

The damage control never stops.

I fucking hate movies so much.

You are the idiot here. Ben Affleck does not need to do these movies. He's an established actor and auteur unlike most of the other actors in these DC movies he could fall back for 3 years and still get offers for movies and directing gigs.

In a moneymaking standpoint, it's probably the most logical step to go.

Hell, the MCU essentially functions like this already, the difference is they had the patience to slowly set up to this formula and they have competent directors and writers to turn this formula to make "okay" movies then full on god awful.

I'm just waiting for official cancellations of the not yet started DCEU movies

This is a slow trainwreck

I'd probably want to kill myself

Also how can he be replacement director? There was no director in the first place

Why does any of what you just said make us idiots?

>>Good director leaves a movie because he wants it to be directed well
Not him but he has a lot on his plate. His other WB projects, his role in DCEU. It could get messy. Look at how Live by Night turned out. Stuff like Accountant, Gone Baby Gone and Argo were all passion projects that he had sufficient time to complete, clearly that's not the case here so bringing in additional help makes sense.

Except Disney isn't the reason why Marvel Comics are shit. They're a big company that letting other people under them running the show. I want the Mouse to step in over at the comic division, can't be any worse than what Bendis/co are doing. What DCEU needs is better management. Let the recent DC Film company do their thing and stop letting higher WB fuck things up

It's Batman. Not a shitty cape character. This isnt an unknown Marvel movie. People still debate MoS daily. You're deluded.

dc/wb isn't going to learn from the ghostbusters mistake and it's going to do the exact samething.
i.e. promote it as a girl empowering movie, anyone that doesn't see it is a manbaby/crybaby, racists, patriarchy, etc..
heed my word, the articles/talkshows will do exactly the same as they did with ghostbusters.

You're right, no one will care that he won an Oscar ever again if he makes a mediocre Batman movie.

I was so ready for them to start saying "I'm with her" in the marketing campaign at some point.

that's 4 directors by my count

Youre right. Im also right in saying any random person or reporter will haggle him til the end of time.

He will still get work but if it flops he wont live it down til his 50s.

LOL
Nigga do you even think before you post?
You think Johns is happy deep down inside of his saturday morning, cereal crunching, underoos ass?

Doesn't matter how good the movie is, I'll always remember him now for his shitty phoenix back tattoo.

How long until people are like "I never wanted Affleck anyway?"

Ahhhh...Today's been a great day.

>This damage control

This is proof that WB has no idea what they're doing and are rapidly throwing out movies because they know they're rapid fanbase of deluded fanboys will still watch their films

Ben Affleck is desperately trying to get some quality control with his movie, since WB has given up on the DCEU ever been good. It's the studios responsibility to support it's directors and they've abandoned Affleck

>Wonder Woman and JL will clearly be shit
>Flash announced to have PAGE ONE rewrite
>DCEU is so bad, Green Lantern might retroactively be in continuity if they can get Reynolds back
>now Affleck, the sole passable thing about this universe is confirmed for distancing himself after weeks of rumors
Seriously, why don't they just scrap all this shit.

Only diehard dicksuckers defend these movies.

Oh, FOR FUCKS SAKE

>comicbook.com/2017/01/31/ben-affleck-steps-down-as-director-of-the-batman/

I really really want the DCEU to burn down. Then there is a possibility of salvaging the wreckage years down the road and make a good DC movieverse.

Alright folks and we are at 5, count 'em, five directors dropped from the DCEU

Wonder Woman-Michelle MacLaren
The Flash-Phil Lord/Chris Miller, Seth Grahame-Smith, Rick Famuyiwa
The Batman-Ben Affleck

Will James Wan be next? Stay tuned? Same DCEU dumpster fire time, Same DCEUE dumpster fire channel

You're right, he's not a shitty cape character. He's THE shitty cape character.

WW has some footing!

People like you honestly sound so fucking dumb. How sad are you that you get off this much on hating something that hasnt came out yet?

I honestly am going to be fascinated to see how bad Justice League is going to be at this point

And The Flash, STILL has no director

Put a fork in the DCEU, folks... She's done...

kek
also they're filimng soon with wan

Most debates are about whether the movie was terrible or just alright. Just because a movie is controversial doesn't make it good.

I love Evangelion. I love End of Evangelion. I love the character of Shinji Ikari. I love this post, user. I love every, single, fucking, thing about this post.

>Batman
>shitty
>more delusion at 11!

Go back to Sup Forums

I'm no lawyer so I have no idea how contracts and all that nonsense work but how and why are they obligated to make these films in certain time stamps, specific people (Zack Snyder) and continue production of multiple movies one after the other, some even at the same time, when it just harming them more then anything?

Secondly, despite their films tanking their television shows by comparison are doing very well and actually already have their own crossover universe done. Why can't they just transfer the television universe into cinema and just make that as the "official" DCEU?

He's not even talking about the movie though, he's talking about retarded WB is

Daily reminder this universe was only started because WB was afraid of a Superman related lawsuit and Snyder was an existing yes man on payroll.

holy shit, the leak we got some weeks ago is turning out true

>but how and why are they obligated to make these films in certain time stamps,
They're actually not. They just want to keep up with Marvel

>Snyders existing monotone, wooden style
>combined with Whedon level quips
I honestly expect it to be worse than Sucker Punch

B...b...but The Rock will save the DCEU right?

Right?

Right?

>-Phil Lord/Chris Miller were gonna direct The Flash
I came here to laugh at the short sighted failures of a multibillion dollar company.

But this new information now actually makes me angry.

Yes. WB is so retarded! The company that is dominanting video games and comics right now is so dumb cause they don't make good pleb fodder capeshit! Well said friend!

Didn't he just say he was on it. It sounded like him and Warner came to an agreement. What happened?

One word:

PERLMUTTER

the one fundamental reason why the comics are so terrible; we all know everything can be traced back to that.

Which one? We get leaks on a weekly basis.

It's like watching a car crash build into a 200 car pile-up. It somehow just keeps getting worse

This.

But the hivemind is strong here

>We need to convince people to not watch the movie, WB deserves to get punished for what they did.

>Didn't he just say he was on it.
He never 100% said he was on it. He just said it's happening but never "yes, I'm seriously doing this, confirmed". That's why the movie pages for The Batman never had him as a confirmed director

>>-Phil Lord/Chris Miller were gonna direct The Flash
No they weren't. They were hired to write a treatment, that was it.

Yeah, in 2035

Goyer

>Implying they'd ever risk making a Shazam movie
>Implying they're not begging the Rock to keep talking about it to try and make hype out of nothing

They were obligated to make MoS.

And you're retarded, they've been trying to make JL for years but kept failing.

>the sheer level of denial Sup Forums went through with this letter
WW is so clearly going to be shit.

>Secondly, despite their films tanking

When did that happen?

One more nail towards the DCEU being scrapped.
>mfw Snyder will forever be remembered as a fucking hack
beautiful

At this point they may as well start planing out the rebooted franchise. This time they better do it right.

>they've been trying to make JL for years but kept failing
And the cycle continues.

I've always had a feeling he was going to back out.

Anons, what does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying we're supposed to be okay with him dropping out and that the movie would be shit anyway or what?

Eh Live By Night, which is Ben's baby where he wrote, directed, and starred in, unfortunately didn't do so hot. I can understand pouring everything you got into a project, not having it be recieved like you had hoped, and deciding to take some off your plate for the next round. Doing everything in Batman would have been the same thing with 100x more scrutiny considering he's been hounded for Batman news nonstop while just trying to promote that and the Accountant. I din't blame him for dropping the director role.

Why are you defending WB being inept and incompetent?

Critically I mean.
Even so, while they're still making money they sure are acting like they're tanking.

yes, Johns is extremely petty

It's more so that the letter is bullshit moreso than WW won't be shit. WW will clearly be fucking terrible, but the letter comes off as fake. WB isn't panicking so much as saying
>Fuck it keep shitting these movies out until they no longer make a profit