/STD/

Late Night Comfy Edition
Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14246095/r
trekmovie.com/2017/10/27/watch-clip-of-tilly-playing-beer-pong-from-star-trek-discovery-episode-7-latif-talks-burnhamtyler/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-textured_hair
youtube.com/watch?v=x7AwbQrpF_A
youtube.com/watch?v=gyhOtena-TA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DIS
I
S

I'm a hardcore Orville fan, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be on board the USS Orville where I would often help Dr. Finn in the infirmary, and train with Alara in the Holodeck, but one day as I was talking to Alara, we went to my quarters for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could join our crew forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on 21st century Earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Captain Mercer and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for the Orville, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the mind transfer to work correctly. Isaac and Dr. Finn have worked hard on the device." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Dr. Finn said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here and explore the galaxy with us!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.

What would you do?

STD boldly going into season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>meanwhile...
Orville is cancelled because everyone hates that show.

It's DSG, fuckface.

STD Anthology:
Season 1: Mirror Universe
Season 2: Section 31 formed to return
Season 3: Timelines united Prime and Kelvin.

this tv show looks fucking epic

Here's a pity reply, OP

please respond

heh.. not bad kiddo...

jesus fucking christ

Welp, the Australians are clearly awake.

kek

>people still think it's mirror universe when they've mentioned the United Federation of Planets and not the Terran Star Empire, Vulcans aren't enslaved by humans, no beards, etc. etc.

Shouldn't there be an unlimited amount of parallel universes?

Yes. That particular universe already has knowledge of and technology that allow them to cross over.

/DIS/

gusting

The show probably wouldn't be so bad if they got rid of these two faggots and captain Lorca... also that black woman thats site in the right seat who has that "queeen" hair.

Clever girl.

Lorca is the only reason I'm still watching

Leaked information about tomorrow's episode is that Cadet Tilly gets hogtied by the Klingons.

awesome link ya got there

you are a moron

Lorca and Michael engage in race play sex tomorrow.

I didn't think Burnham was all that pretty at first but she's definitely grown on me.

Why is there a general for this? STD is not even a good Star Trek. It's sad when Orville, something made by Seth Seth McFarlane is a better Star Trek than STD

she got rid of her nappy hair.

Did she?

I want to see her degraded

in that picture she has, clearly

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that's from the first two episodes. Her hair changes once she goes to space jail.

>become a criminal
>go to jail
>nappier hair

really made me think

Will rape gangs make an appearance in STD?

Yes, and they will be white men, the true rapists

Eh, makes sense. Her self-esteem would be down. She'd be depressed. Makes sense she'd stop taking care of herself and let herself go as far as her physical appearance is concerned.

So who gets LORCA'D next episode?

Ah so that is why I always liked the first two episodes the best.

Here are my predictions for tomorrow's episode:

- It's going to be good like the last two episodes are. Better than episode 6, not quite as good as episode 5.
- Michael Burnham will share the spotlight more with other characters in this one. She will be the one who ultimately solves the episode's problem.
- Although we'll be getting more of the rest of the cast, we still won't get enough Tilly. But that's alright because she's apparently going to have her hair down and she looks terrible with her hair down.
- B-plot will have Lorca and Saru at odds with one another.
- Harry Mudd is going to be great in this one.
- Cornwall is Lethe and Ash Tyler is Voq but that probably won't be revealed in this episode (maybe the Lethe one).
- The Ash/Michael kiss will take place right before one of the resets and thus "not count" but Ash/Michael is going to be a thing.

Who's the biggest guy of STD?

I dunno, Lorca?

Who's the big baller of STD?

I dunno, Lorca?

>write 2 different enemies from 2 different species
>same exact motivation
why?

A star among the stars

You know Star Trek Discovery is a success when you have fan arts of this quality

Welcome back.

did they get new uniforms or something

Those are their space pajamas. They also have the Disco shirts, but those aren't uniforms, either.

the grand return of Mudd

strawpoll.me/14246095/r

I think the problem with Discovery is that it's a Star Trek show written by people who don't actually want to write Star Trek, nor really care that much about Star Trek, but want to write a cool sci-fi war drama like Battlestar Galactica or something like that.

Like I don't think Discovery is a bad show, but it's not a Star Trek show and I don't mean "LOL UNIFORMS CANON VIOLATION BLAH BLAH", I mean that it's obvious they don't give a shit about Genes vision for the future or really where humanity will be in the mid to late 2200s or 2300s and you can see this in a lot of the little details, the way the characters interact with eachother, the certain use of language and words, the way prisoners were treated in episode 3, the preview we've seen for Episode 7 where they're playing modern RnB and playing beer pong and going "Thank you for your service soldier!", these are simply not people from 2300, they're people from now.

Also it's just hard to believe this is a professional crew, nobody follows orders, everyone is a cunt to eachother, nobody acts professional. We see people ignore orders or act under their own initiative in TNG but it's always done very seriously and professionally and the reprimand is very professional (good scene is the Worf Data scene to illustrate it, or the Picard Will "You don't deserve to wear that uniform" scene)

I have no problem with a re-imagining of Trek, but these people aren't "reimagining" that is what Gene did with the TMP and the novel and later with TNG, this is throwing everything about Trek out the window and just using it's aesthetics and surface detail lore to tell a completely different story and world.
It's not the Klingons that have been butchered in Discovery (I even LIKE the Discovery Klingons), it's the Federation.
I'll keep watching because I don't think it's a bad show, but it's def dropped the ball in regards to Star Trek.

I wish BSG would stop being associated with STD. BSG was actually fantastic.

Two point :

>It's only 6 (soon7) episodes

>Adding to the canon is not breaking the canon

I honestly don't understand people like you. Yes, YOU.

Racism is antithetical to Star Trek. It's like a vegan loving BBQ. Stop please. You can do better, user.

why is Stamets wearing a silver uniform if he's chief engineer?

where was I racist? nappy hair is ugly, straightened hair is beautiful. this is pretty much universally agreed upon or it wouldn't be such a common fashion choice. stop projecting your prejudices onto me.

He is an hybrid science/engineer. Remember the " biology as physics " thing.

>I mean that it's obvious they don't give a shit about Genes vision for the future
The thing is, Lorca's actions and the actions of some of his underlings aren't being portrayed as good things or positive things. The decision to continue to abuse Ripper for their gain wasn't portrayed as "the right thing to do" (which is why the characters fight against it and ultimately free the Ripper of enslavement). Gene's vision for the future is still be portrayed as correct, and it's okay for characters to be wrong and even bad in a piece of fiction.

I don't mind canon violations in the uniforms or Klingons being redesigned, in fact I agree Trek needs to be reimagined (though I would have gone more weird and scifi than discovery, TMP novel had some crazy shit in it) it's just the writing isn't Star Trek and the characters don't act like Federation people in the future, they act like modern people on a space ship.
I'm not going to drop discovery, and honestly it's better than say Season 1 and 2 of TNG or DS9 or ENT, but those were bad in other ways, they got Star Trek, just told shit stories and had horrid writing, where this has decent writing and plots, but just doesn't GET Star Trek and the writers clearly don't want to be writing Star Trek, it was a similar problem on Voyager, where writers didn't want to write Star Trek and Voyager suffered for it.

still, the writing is bad, they just dropped that plotline, the scientist man had to risk his life 1 time to make the engine work, and then they just free the creature and the engine just magically works the next episode without using humans or creatures anymore.

Ironically for me Lorca is actually one of the better characters, it's not Lorca who's the problem it's just little things.
Treatment of Prisoners in Episode 3, This shitty party scene with it's thinly veiled US military circlejerk shit and listening to modern RnB and 30 year olds playing beer pong, The way people just act is not professional or believable on a Starship they act like cadets at best, the fact everyone keeps calling eachother "Soldier" when it's expressly said in Trek time and time again the Federation is a peace keeping humanitarian and scientific force, not a military. Things like, why does Burnham have shitty overstyled half afro hair style instead of Vulcan hairstyle?

Lorca is fine, he's a borderline renegade captain we've seen in Trek numerous times, it's just the writing with everything else, again they don't act like people several hundred years in the future, they act like people from 2016/2017.
It just shows a lack of imagination.

This show is so fucking cool.

>nappy hair is ugly, straightened hair is beautiful
>this is pretty much universally agreed upon
Wow. You are blind, deaf and dumb.

trekmovie.com/2017/10/27/watch-clip-of-tilly-playing-beer-pong-from-star-trek-discovery-episode-7-latif-talks-burnhamtyler/

Oh god this scene from the next ep is fucking atrocious.

Shitty RnB music, everyone playing beer pong, "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE".
Ugh what next release a bald eagle while chanting FED-E-RA-TION!

Yeah, Lorca is a fantastic character. I love him. Doesn't mean he's a good guy.

Wouldn't RnB, Dubstep, Trance etc. all be considered 'classical' by that time (as Sabotage was in Beyond)? Why would anyone under 60 go to a classical music party?

>person has personal preference when it comes to hair
>"but that's racist!"
Naw, but thinking that nappy hair is somehow unique to black people is. And it's stupid when we're talking about a series where a white actress has much nappier hair.

you do know Africans literally have different hair, right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-textured_hair

>blacks are different from whites
Wow, put down the sheets, klansman!

Which is nappier: left or right? Because if you say right, your ass is racist.

What race are you?

They are two beautiful women. Friend IRL and in Discovery

Oh look this racist wants to know which slurs to use against me. Piss off.

>white male in his 20s

Wrong. But then again, you're a racist, I don't expect you to get anything right.

>triggered redditors general

That is a whole lot of ugly my friend. They dropped the ball by not casting a cute ginger girl like the one in this image as the lead. The Michael character could have been named Tudy, and she could have been her sidekick. It's just to much ugly for one show.

which ones are the redditors?

You think Disney cast members get casting couched?

She's a big girl

DIS is so freaking cool! I love how they flesh out the characters and it's creators are the first to tread new ground with a female lead. I like how it touches on social politics, like the in the first episode where Michael Burnham informs the admiral that race is a different thing than culture. I love how it is an intelligent take on Alice in Wonderland. This show does everything! While its the first Star Trek to have a black main character and the first Star Trek to have a FEMALE main character, they also have a gay couple that isn't a stereotype in the show. That has never been done before. Truly the new DIS is blazing new trails with its diverse cast and they are keeping it with already established lore/canon, the creators are extremely talented.

Why do you keep the thread alive if you hate it as much as the rest of us?

I-I have no where else to GO.

Wouldn't surprise me. Even the male characters are all female.

As soon as the shills in the us go to bed these threads go to shit.
It's the same thing every day. This show is fucking garbage and you should just stop watching it.

>implying these threads are ever good
Ah yes the acronym slapfights are absolutely riveting.

As if people are paid to write good things about a TV show on social media sites and internet forums. Nice tinfoil hat you got there buddy.

DIS is OUR thread!! Haters get out!!

>It turns out I am really thankful that CBS decided on a weekly format for Discovery, even though I'm pretty sure they only released it this way to keep people subscribed to their streaming service for a longer period of time.

>Almost all of the other shows I watch are in the Netflix one season dump format and while I do enjoy getting to binge to my hearts content, there is nothing quite like all of the different theories and introspections that spin out of a weekly serialized show.

>I love seeing everyone guesses before and after each new episode airs. It's such a different community dynamic and really allows for individual episodes to either stand or fall on their own merits and to be looked at with much greater detail than you would get from a binging session. You have weeks or months to see if your carefully thought-out fan theory will pan out, as opposed to simply going to the next episode and seeing what happens. You also have a much longer time to slowly come around to an episode or concept you might not have enjoyed in the beginning, because it has a chance to breathe.

Star Trek Discovery - 1x07

>"Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad" trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=x7AwbQrpF_A

Yeah, that is one of the benefits of the series being played one episode a week rather than season dumps: it encourages discussion. Unfortunately, at least here, the discussion usually dies off a few days after each episode, yet these threads are kept barely alive just so people can shitpost.

This show gave me AIDS.

Yummy cummy in my tummy.

They got the same director from STD to do that commercial. Those scenes are spliced together like a normal fight scene in the show.

Patrick and Seth are longtime friends,
and Patrick always admired how much super-Trekkie-Seth loved TNG - so much that he could recite all the episode titles by heart. Theres a 99% chance Picard's gonna show up in the Orville at some point in the next season or two.

I'm going to lose my shit when he finally appears.

Star Trek Discovery - 1x08

>"Into The Fold" trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=gyhOtena-TA

>and Patrick always admired how much super-Trekkie-Seth loved TNG - so much that he could recite all the episode titles by heart
Patrick admires how much money Seth has and how Seth is willing to pay Patrick way more than he's worth to do practically nothing. But yes, he is going to be on Orville because I guarantee Seth is going to drop a huge chunk of the budget just to snare him in.