So.. this thing was a big wet turd, what happened?

So.. this thing was a big wet turd, what happened?

It got popular so they had to pander to fans even harder

i started watching it just now? Is it actually bad or is it the contrarian man-children hate popular things kind of bad?

It wasn't as focused as the first season. The story doesn't pick up until Episode 3 aside from small references to season 1.

Max wasn't useful and could be written out the story entirely.

Eleven was kept sidelined the entire show.

Episode 7 was not only unnecessary but it came right after a climax and completely ruined the pacing.

008 was the biggest mistake and completely ruins my hopes that S3 will be good, as she was obviously only made to set up S3.

Everything else was good.

It was mostly good apart from episode 7

There is a subset of people that decided they wouldn't like Season 2 before it aired, for whatever reason they liked.

only episode 7 is bad

Overall it's quite good.

What made ep 7 dislikable?

>as she was obviously only made to set up S3.
No, a spin-off :^)

It was an network tier episode of a wannabe super heroes show.

Based on what? Even the hawkins central episodes were pure pandering which was not what the original season was about.

>Not comfy
>Unlikable anti-heroes
>No good characters
>Could've been written out entirely

>introduce the fact that there was another child like Eleven, but more "experienced"
>never show her again until 7 episodes later
>has a stupid ass gang of misfits
>only connection is that she kills former agents
>teaches Eleven thing that she already knows
>fucks off and never returns

Its only shit because niggers ruined it. As usual, its what they do best

I adored the first season when it came out, but the more I thought about it the more I disliked it. And now I don't even care enough to watch the new season.

Episode 7 was basically "El visits another show." It wasn't Stranger Things, it was a spin off based on stranger things lore(Dr Brenner).
El finding her mom? That's fine.
El going on a solo journey of discovery? That's fine.
Throw El into a completely different show with new annoying try hard characters that don't help the main plot at all? No sir.

You can skip Episode 7 and it actually makes Episode 8/9 better. It affects literally zero (0) in the actual story.

>Every character was unlikeable
>Tone felt completely different than the rest of the show
>Episode 6 left on a cliffhanger which this ignores, so it screws up pacing
>All you get out of the episode is that Papa is still alive and some minor El development. Other than that it can be skipped entirely

You could just skip the episode and have a more pleasent overall experience with Season 2.
Still, if there's a 3rd season i hope there's some other 80s critter other than "le evil other side and secret organization!"
Also why does Steve keeps hangin' out with teens?

You're the reason why complaints about s2 aren't taken seriously. Shut the fuck up and leave space for real criticism about the casting

Fuck off manchild

Dude freak off back to Sup Forums u racist scum. This is a BLUE board

Except for the whole wound thing.

Sup Forums is basically Sup Forums at this point. Hate anything that's popular or good.

Only child. Grew up with wrong crowd even though he was king of the school. Secretly good guy who just wants to be a decent person.

That's not true. I loved season 1 before it was popular and after it was popular. Season 2 is just a mess.

What wound thing?

Maybe you should "think about it more" like

His "vagina"

Season 2 just felt unfocused.
I was really enjoying it up until about episode 5 when I realized there was no way they could deliver a satisfying ending with the amount of stuff they had thrown out.

Did you watch the show.

Not ep7 :^)))

The festering wound thing "papa" brought up. It was basically the giant metaphor for the gate she opened and it festering and growing like the vines.

To be fair they flash backed to it in episode 9. So you should've seen that part.

member the 80s?

It's good if you skip the first 15 minutes of episode 1 and skip episode 7 entirely.

>Also why does Steve keeps hangin' out with teens?

He was on his way to make up with Nancy when he got roped along by Dustin.
Along with sharing in the whole demogorgon event, he also dated Nancy for a year. The Wheeler's house is where the kids hang out the most, so he would no doubt get to know Mike and his friends while visiting Nancy.

I like stranger things, but this is so true

How could I not? It's the last decade when America was truly great. The Soviet Union was a necessary evil to keep our country's morality in check.

> Shoehorned in Poo in Loo 'Sister' who will (Calling it) be somehow reintroduced later in the series as a villian when the Upside Down/Demogorgon premise is exhausted
> Steve gets benched by skelator in favor of uglier Leonardo Decaprio
> Ginger is forced down our throats and Blacked by one of the main characters to seal the deal that she is now a main character too
> We get introduced to Bob, who was arguably the best of the season, until he's immediately killed off in a bitch way
> They end it just like season 1,
show that the enemy isn't actually dead but still just looming in the background
> Missed opportunities to expand the lore, instead we get Pajeet

So now, what will Stranger Things 3 be about?

if you live life based on a score system of 1 or 10, rather than 1 to 10, you will end up hating yourself.

It suffered from the series hype, I guess.
First season was designed to be a one-shot story. The final episode of the first season could easily be the last time we ever saw those characters. But since it was an astounding success for Netflix, a second season was demanded, which meant they had to sit down and create an universe for the show to go on for at least three more seasons.
This season feel way more like a chapter from the upcoming story than a thing of its own. Which is why it doesn't feel as interesting as the first season and you barely care about the characters, cause they're hardly ever in real danger. The "monster" they have to face this time doesn't feel as threatening and scary as in the first time and the relations between the characters feel superficial. It lacked an edge, like how we rooted for Will in the first season and how it motivated the characters. This season feels loose, almost like a filler for the actual show.

>what will Stranger Things 3 be about?
Either Poo & the Crew or El in School.

MOST LIKELY both which is the biggest disappointment.

Mike catches him sneaking in and out of Nancy's window in S1 too and he just gives a heya wave and smile.

You are not allowed to dislike it I think
It's only good if you turn off your brain completely, I know this is your meme but it doesn't get more accurate than that.

>first minute of new season a supernatural poo in loo riding shotgun and a negress getaway driver.

It's getting the walking dead k i k e d treatment. This shit will be unwatchable for any red blooded male real soon

I like to pretend that Billy is just Jason before he got a haircut and joined the Power Rangers. Stranger Things 2 is an elaborate prequel.

>uglier Leo
>not faggy Jared Leto

ok then, why do you think season 2 is worth liking?

It literally has nothing to do with any of the other episodes. Episode 8 picks up right where episode 6 leaves off.
Its basically like they shoved a one episode spin-off in the middle of the season

Really? I thought the ending was the best part. In fact episode 9 is my favorite of the whole show.

I loved it. There are things that could have been better, but it was a great continuation from Season 1.
But it's popular so Sup Forums will pretend it was shit.

>what happened?

it became a turd at the half of season one. this show is an actual pleb filter.

Season 2 ending is a fan ending. Where everyone gets what they want. They have to up their game for season 3 in that everyone loses almost everything.

The only things I hated were the poo and the pollywog.

Needed way more Mind Flayer kino moments.

Samwise was the only character I cared about and he died

I love Bob too. Unfortunately Bob was never gonna last. I'm talking core characters.

Paused on this scene to have a laugh at the code being written.
Looks like it's 4 nested loops to brute force a 4 digit password.
Except it's using 2 functions that are never defined and Bob couldn't have possibly known about.
And all it does is print the password at the end. But when he runs the program it goes straight into their control system.

I don't actually give a shit about any of this, just amused by the code being silly.

And if you look carefully, they fucked up when overlaying the code onto the blank screen they shot. It goes over the edge.

Is there any reason this story needed a second season?

Why not just do this as a horror anthology series?

Because it ended on a cliffhanger in Season 1.

That wasn't really a cliffhanger, felt more like a set up for the next season. A cliffhanger would be ending Season 2 at episode 8 right before El walks into the door or after she does.

this post both bored and thrilled me.

did your eagle eyes spot any other spots where the digital effects got a little borked? i feel like they're surprisingly not great given how this season was such a bigger production.

Predictions for Season 3?
Looks like that piece of the mind flayer escaped. Maybe it will revolve around that?

I'm getting pretty tired of their misuse of DnD lore. Demogorgon is a name, not a type of creature. So their usage, even prior to the appearance of the monsters, was false.

Also, Mind Flayers follow the Elder Brain, so they should've referred to it as the Elder Brain or something along those lines. The 'demo-dogs' are more like Mind Flayers following the commands of the Elder Brain

no eagle eyes here
that was just the only spot I paused because I'm a programmer and wanted to see what the old timey code was
just so happened they fucked up on that one spot

>El gets possessed by the Mind Flayer piece
>Season 3 is about stopping El
>Mike is the main character again

I don't think it existed back then.

>Demogorgon is a name, not a type of creature.
What's the specifics? Clearly they referred to the monster as a Demogorgon, so that's why they are called Demogorgons now.
Also the Mind Flayer was thought on a whim while on set. They wern'e even originally going to be used to describe the Shadow Monster, the original name was "Shadow Monster".

Well in Season 1 there was only one monster, so naming it the Demogorgon makes sense. They were probably only using it as a name in their campaign as well.

Also they're like 12. Also this is DnD lore from in the 80's or whatever. Are you sure it hasn't changed?

Yeah, but Demogorgon is a name. He's a Demon Prince. He's not a type of creature. So referring to them all as "Demogorgons" is like referring to them all as "Odins" or "Thors"

first season was just as bad, this show is for people who are more interested in building an identity than they are in using their prefrontal cortex

Who knows where they'll go. Will probably see more kids with powers who may have to team up to fight the big bad (which I'm not against if they can do it right) but id like it to stay in Hawkins and remain a problem that's not world threatening.
Kind of hoping for a Weapon X (010) kid who could be stronger than 011.

Well it made sense in Season 1 when there was only one monster, and when many more showed up in this season it made more sense to call them all demogorgons rather than introduce a new name. Although they kind of did introduce a new name by calling them demo-dogs. They could have had an amusing little nerdy argument about what you're talking about though. Might have been amusing.

Except when they're playing D&D they refer to the monster as "The Demogorgon" in the first episode and even use his figure.

Honestly this. Niggers are pure trash.

The kids go to camp for the summer at Camp Crystal Lake.

never watched the show but my boyfriend loves it so i sat down and watched the last 2 episodes of this season with him

is it always so cheesy and hamfisted? does the cgi always look THAT bad?

Literally fuck off and die faggot

The CGI looked great, you stupid?

The cgi used to be worse

>Follows the exact same path as practically every second season of a non-episodic show in existence
>This is somehow a surprise

Next season will be the worst, and if they get a fourth to close it off, it will be a return to form. Come on, this.ia basic stuff.

I just finished season2 and its one of the better things I've ever watched in my life. Anyone hating is a troll or retard.

I think I read they're set for 5.

I do think the show is pretty great but Season 2 was more loosely connecting than Season 1.

I don't understand how it went from a horror muster thriller to an action adventure show. It was pretty decent though. The scene with the giant vagina closing made up for the bad parts. Not as good as season 1, Indian bitch was huge wasted potential, and the BLACKED in it was very hamfisted as well.

It was good.

It was unnecessary and pointless.

This is true, however it did not affect my enjoyment at all. I binged them all in 2 days. Very satisfied.

Also I want to know how many sharpies nancy can fit in her pussy and butthole.

>I just finished season2 and its one of the better things I've ever watched in my life.

Leave this board you mouthbreathing retard

I enjoyed it.

*blocks your path*

The death of Samwise was infuriating.

Le hate on good things to be edgy and get replies meme ECKS-DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can't tell if you're baiting or serious but I too enjoyed both seasons.

Nah, poo in loo is gonna be a hero for an episode or 2 and then disappear forever until some kind of small reference in a later season.
Hopefully Billy and his dad both get killed as well next season.
Superhero Bob dying was literally the worst part of the entire series

Episode 7 was the best. No faggot ass Will crying and screaming and his even bigger faggot brother Jonathan, no deformed Dustin with his forced """comedy""", no dusty ass Lucas with his dry lips, and no annoying Mike or skeleton Nancy
I just wish the MCs were 11, Hopper and Billy
Bob dying was fucking garbage

You watch garbage like fucking game of thrones. You have zero redeeming critisicm on anything related to television

>what happened?
You forgot to skip episode 7.