ITT: obscure film trivia

ITT: obscure film trivia

Get this, in the original screenplay for Silence of the Lambs, Buffalo Bill was going to be part of a group of serial killers, not a lone killer. Each of the serial killers would have worn a mask based on what animal they were named after. For example, you have the aforementioned Buffalo Bill, who would have worn a buffalo or bovine mask resembling ones sometimes seen in depictions of cults. Also in the group were Alligator Alex and Stingray Sam, among others. I wondered why this aspect of the plot was dropped and I found out why after digging a little deeper: there was a particular member of this group that was very poorly received by fans. This infamous character went by the name of "Nigger Nick" and instead of wearing a mask, he was constantly in black face.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0CQokgv0dQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>demonizing transexuals
This movie should have never been made.

>trying to pitch this bullshit about a film that was already based on a book

But he only *believed* himself to be a transsexual, user.

Manhunter > Red Dragon

Remember when Trannies boycotted this movie and protested the Oscars but it won a record number of awards anyway?

Back when "artists" used to defend their "art". Now they immediately apologize to some Twitter rando and changes are made to scripts and to editing.

True dat.

It's amusing how many artists came out to defend Eminem when he started - and now he's on the SJW bandwagon condemning anything and everything that upsets the Democrat base.

my favorite thing about this film is how rural everything is. the asylum Lector is in is like pretty close to baltimore.

like when the books and film were made it was actually like that, but now. its all pretty urbnized

False. The actor who played Lecter was beyond trash. DESU all the actors in Manhunter were shit.

manhunter is trash
>the scene where he finds out the killer has seen the home videos
jesus does that guy even know how to act? he just keeps this same, lifeless expression throughout the whole seen. looks like he doesn't even give a fuck
>the entire ending
god damn what pure shlock. also, that editing, fuck that's horrible.

kek

>Harvey Keitel was suppose to star in Apocalypse Now but he was replaced with Martin Sheen

Coppola shot for a few weeks with Keitel but didn't like the way that Keitel was playing the part. He felt that Willard's role should be more of a passive onlooker, and Keitel had not been playing it that way. (I believe on Inside the Actor's Studio, Keitel mentioned that he and Coppola had friction over this point because Keitel had been in the Marine Corps and felt the part should be played a certain way). Differences in the film would have been the scene where Keitel steals Duvall's surfboard and brains him with it. Also different, the scene where he bash's Kurtz's nose with the butt of his gun, then begins cutting off his fingers starting with the little one. He was let go, and Sheen came aboard to take the part of Willard.

Hannibal (the motion picture) SotL > Manhunter > Red Dragon > power gap ..... Hannibal tv....Hannibal Rising

Am I the only one that goes into IMDb after watching a movie to look up trivia about it?
sometimes it's almost as fun as watching the movie itself

When I rewatched this recently, I couldn't help but think "Even in the 90s they were scared of the trannie-lobby to the point of throwing in this shit".

I do this too. I also like to look at the comments in the threads. Oh wait...

On the subject of Apocalypse Now, the reason Brando was only shown scenes with little to no lighting was because he apparently showed up overweight to the set, which obviously wouldn't have worked for his character. Also iirc, Coppola wanted Al Pacino to play the lead character at some point but Pacino said no because he knew filming in a tropical place would be like hell or something to that effect

Also Jonathan Demme was a nice-guy progressive liberal.

Demme had a really nice quote about how he was glad the outrage about Buffalo Bill at least inspired conversation about trans/gay identity but I can't find it now

Meanwhile, militant dykes and their enablers made a big stink about Basic Instinct and the Paul Verhoeven thought they were being crybabies.

What was the outrage about? Because he was a bad guy and transgender?

Fuck this shit progressives have no self awareness. It's why every fucking villain in every film these days is a straight white male.

You obviously have gender issues yourself with that choice faggot.

>"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me... I'd fuck me hard. I'd fuck me so hard."

Who was Bill talking to? The audience? God?

That's a fine perspective to have too and I'm pretty sure the Dutch were way more progressive about gay issues so he probably thought they could fuck right off

Apparently there's a big history of stereotyping gay people as villains so in the nineties as PC culture started becoming more mainstream there were a lot of people making a stink about that stuff

>Apparently there's a big history of stereotyping gay people as villains

I've heard the same over the years, but I struggle to think of many beyond the two "tarts" from Diamonds Are Forever.

This is all true. Red Dragon was a much more faithful adaptation but still pussified the ending though. Norton's character is supposed to be a complete physical and emotional wreck at the end of the story due to the job & Hannibal which is in contrast to Clarice who Hannibal actually helped and so she made it out the other side maintaining her sanity.

I just ignore the 3rd & 4th books & films. They're both shit.

i go to tv tropes :^)

The final confrontation between Clarice and Buffalo Bill still gives me chills every time I watch it, I love how intricate every detail in his basement is and all the weird shit like the bathtub and the swastika blanket.

GOODBYE HORSES

stop posting

Yeah Fxxk IMDB that was the only good thing about the site, going to comments after a movie you enjoyed (or hated)
and finding normies that disagreed with you.

You first.

I'm in the same boat but I know I saw a lot of these movies when I was a kid before I even had an understanding of what sexuality was so they never registered for me at all

it only made fags angry because it portrays them for the fucked up people they are

CRYIN CRYIN CRYIN CRYIN

>it's an OP makes shit up thread

The movie was based on the second of Thomas Harris's Lecter books. No multiple serial killers there, beyond Lecter's admission that he'd been leading the more susceptible of his patients (the ones he didn't eat) towards expressing their sociopathic feelings, rather than trying to cure them.

Hes a jew so its okay

Basically the homosexual community protested the Oscars because;

>Transgender = Gay back then

>Disagreed with the psychological interpretation of Transgendered people (they aren't dysfunctional - it's "natural")

Also what you said - They had a Tranny (even though in the book and film they clarify he's not a real Tranny) as the killer. People back then 100% completely found Trannies repulsive and bizarre. So they felt it reinforced this perspective.

Not 100% sure about all this, but I read recently that in the post war years there was A LOT of connections made between the public/governments and gays/Nazis. The Soviet Union used to like to push the Gays = Nazis thing, to the point that Fidel Castro started mass jailing/killing them.

>It Puts The Lotion In The Basket

youtube.com/watch?v=0CQokgv0dQw

Pretty sure Fidel jailing/executing gays just came from Cuba's macho culture that views them as disgusting degenerates.

A bit. But it was all through the Soviet Union. They were "subersive" and they also had the Nazi link.

>ITT: obscure film trivia

A long time ago I read an article in the now defunct Cinefantastique about Predator's original script. It said that it was supposed to be much more like Carpenter's The Thing. The predator was supposed to inhabit the bodies of his victims, he didn't had any costume then, he was just this almost invisible ghost and was killing the mercs from inside posing as one. Every time he killed someone he would wear their body so to speak. The cast was in fact playing 2 roles. The article said that the last shot with Arnold leaving the jungle in the chopper was filmed early in the shoot, before they changed the predator. It's original intent was to leave the audience doubting about who really won the final duel. And it is true that this last scene is kind of weird. For someone who survived and beat a predator, Arnold seems really gloomy gazing into the void.

Anyone can confirm this? because I never read about it anywhere else.