Ava's Demon

Updates tomorrow (or today for some countries) and back to normal schedule, now with an additional colorist.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/avasdemon/status/826296270377594882
vimeo.com/200590473
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll believe it when I see it.

>normal schedule

how normal are we talking here?

Glimpse of what Michelle has been working since november

>mfw its updating before prequel
>twice

High quality comic = long quality time between updates

which I'm fine with but...you know, don't pull a robert jordan on us and die on us before this is over.

Normal as "book 3 never ever", webcomic authors learned some valuable lessons of kickstarting these years.

Ava's Semen

Here we go

You know what? I'll fucking take it. I'm pumped for next year's update!

Buy me a pass plebs

Hasnt your mother never told you to not post pictures during a storytime

twitter.com/avasdemon/status/826296270377594882

That's it folks!

We waited months for

this

That's webcomics for you.

Tuls is Gil

Isn't there a translation page around somewhere for this?

The last update was a longass full video animation of a huge action set piece. How were you expecting anything other than an aftermath sequence right now?

Next update is Thursday and they'll be continuing on Thursdays from here out (or at least until she hits 2500 panels, which is about 1000 panels away from where we are now).

Here you go.

AVA BETRAYED US!

Consensus so far is that he's saying "giant mother" in ancient Nord.

yes best boy gets more screentime

Good to see there are still some Michelle fanboys about

Not so much a fanboy as just pointing out typical narrative structure. That video ended with the word gray and nobody left around/alive but Odin. So seriously, what do you expect in this scene besides a recently unconscious dude having a look around? We could go to Maggie and Gil, who probably aren't doing anything but pissing themselves. Raven and Crow are gone. The TITAN people are dead. Ava's probably not doing anything interesting, but maybe we're about to see her, who knows? All I'm saying is that it's kinda dense to expect excitement and shit after several scenes that were building up to the big scene we got in the video. Story's gotta cool down for a second.

Someone making sense on Sup Forums? What a rare sight

Beside what said about cool down, the next update is on Thursday. Stop spazzing.

oh, she hired some help? I hope that makes updates easier.

When are we getting back to Tree Tits?

can't wait to see how much she messes up

>jotun modir...

A norse exclamation along the lines of 'mother of god...'

Months

Calm down MFBs

welcome back

I wonder what Pedri's going to say about the Wrathia statue. Maybe he's suffering memory loss like Nevy and Tuls, so he only vaguely recalls.

>I'm not being an idiot, you're just fanboys!
Friend, it's better if you just stop while you're ahead.

Call it a hunch but I think he remembers.

What that panel tells me is that he remembers little things, like the touch of her hair. Michelle mentioned that demons remember their past life depending on the power of their souls and even Wrathia admits she's not 100%.

Between this and the dragonfly that opened his handcuffs, I'm getting a sense that Odin was definitely being looked out for.

Wrathia protecting her husband's host? Ava's subconscious mind protecting the guy she definitely doesn't want to make sweet, fiery apocalyptic love to? Both?

A little spoiler panel preview, if you want.

whoa

How long has it been since she last updated? What's even happened since then.

kickstarter happened

A word of advice to any aspiring webcomic creators: if you want to kill your webcomic make a kickstarter campaign for it

Video was in August, last update before that was May, I think.

Honestly she needs to stop doing Kickstarters - she always winds up spending almost as much time making rewards and shit as she spends doing the actual comic - and she clearly can't do both at the same time.

What has she been doing since August?

vimeo.com/200590473

animation storyboards and kickstarter rewards... seriously, every time she does a kickstarter it ends up being a huge clusterfuck - printing deals fall through, merch comes back from producers in crappy condition so she ends up remaking tons of shit on her own... like I love the little rewards and stuff but holy fuck it's not worth all the effort she puts into them

I never would have supported either kickstart if I realized this would be the consequence. I'm not even sure if I care enough to reread the comic again the catch up. There will just be another infinite hiatus for the next book anyway.

Working on the video for the $5,000 tier, doing all the other commission tiers, dealing with companies fucking up print orders, and coordinating with Studio Yotta (she's either doing or has already done all the key frames) for the professionally animated video that'll be an update for the comic sometime this year.

hopefully she realizes that was not the best thing to do and it wont happen again but i will always be here to support her i love this comic a lot

if she ever does another kickstarter, it should be for JUST the book. no prints, no cards, no jewelry, just keep it simple. she can see about putting the other merch on her site later.

Jesus. How has she been even been supporting herself? I think it's been two or three years since the last kickstarter. The money couldn't have lasted that long.

Well, she's not doing the commission tiers again, she's said that much. I'd be all for the additional rewards being dialed back, but she's probably established good enough industry contacts because of the last two kickstarters that stuff like the prints and necklaces and pins wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

there was a big delay in the last kickstarter because of the cards she made, they came back looking like crap so i think she had to find a different manufacturer?

like ok maybe stuff that's hard to fuck up like prints would be alright but as much as i like the cool extras, i like getting the book in a timely manner and seeing the comic progress way more

At least she's not Andrew Hussie

I just want that man to be punched in the face every time he goes outside, like that Nazi fuck

Piece of human garbage

Pic related.

Also, her husband works, and Patreon, and likely a decent income stream from regular merch.

I think the Book Two KS fulfillment process was what they call in the business an "unholy clusterfuck"

Third time's the charm, though

shit i hope so. the books DO look great, i hope that one way or another she does manage to print the rest of the comic

Youll find a way to spill homocock everywhere you can right? Glad the general died.
...Well having survived that comic i cant complain of the situation. Also the key is pretty cool and im glad to have it.

i should be sleeping but im stoked

For what, exactly? If it's about the game kickstarter, it was a partner who took all the money and spent it on a different project.

dicks out for tree tits

Hear hear

make it 49% then

I want loli Ava back. Adult Ava is okay, but loli is better.

Wrava is still a loli?

Every webcomic author looking to do crowdfunding should look to Michelle and Kazerad for things to avoid, and Ashley Cope for things to do.

Add Dobson and Andrew too.

The ones I listed actually create something resembling quality

Burn!

I think the video might have been too much, it takes months for her to do that for the comic let alone for someone's OC. How many of those did she promise?

Updates \o/
I can't believe it

There aren't enough pics for this update to constitute a bonafide story time.

You know most webcomics update with a PAGE that might contain as little as 4 panels?
This is 13 panels.
That's like 3 pages man, quality update.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the update. Just saying there's no point in complaining about image posts since there's not enough pages for this update to where it needs the image limit of an entire thread.

I don't know, I kind of hope that the transformation wasn't temporary or reversible, and now Ava has to deal with being like this.

I think we're going somewhere in the middle. Patreon pics shows her back to her old size but Michelle said somewhere that the horns will stay, meaning she has to cover them up.

That could be neat. I like it when temporary transformations have minor permanent leftovers.

So excited! Where did we learn the cipher?

From the page that came after the video update.

Bump

Yep, horns under the hood I believe

neat.

Awesome, my second favourite comic about a girls with self hate issues making deals with devils to defeat gods in fantasy space universe

What'/ls your first?

She used to update twice a week, for months. Then 2 kickstarters happened.
NO UPDATES HIATUSx34 LOL

Probably Kill Six Billion Demons

Interesting.

Hell yes. I was hoping she would turn back into a loli, but keep the horns.

Reminder that Pedri is a stone cold motherfucker

So pedri just died and made the pact right? Been so long i even forgot this.

Odin and Pedri haven't pacted.

Pedri apparently drank his poisoned wine a few years after Wrathia drank hers, hence Odin and Ava's age difference.