Zootopia Thread

What were the creators trying to accomplish with this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtube.com/watch?v=9vwbNwtqJow
youtube.com/watch?v=Jw0c9z8EllE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy
Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests
Or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess

Originally? they wanted to piss off half of the world.
youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

THEN they decided to teach kids and adults about biases and prejudices

So it was made with rage in mind, but then re-written because they got their collective heads out of their asses?

That even the most well intentioned people can become the very thing they condemn others for

Avenue Q's "Everyone's a little bit racist" but with people overcoming that racism

Making a movie that was about not judging a book by its cover. And that people should be judged on their own merit and not what they are.

They were trying to get Japan to draw some fanart for them.

Would have to second this. I thought about that song a couple times when I first saw this.

they succeeded.

I'm guessing they were trying to make a profit.

And boy did they succeed.

It took taking it to Pixar and telling them how awful the collars were for them to change the story.

well, it's about racism, right? But most kids stuff that deals with racism just says "don't judge a person by the colour of their skin" Zootopia actually understands that racism goes deeper than that, so it does a much better job at teaching a lesson. Its a complex issue and pretty hard to put it in a kids film without it being nothing but preachy, considering that I think they did a good job but feel free to disagree. (I hated Jason Batemans voice performance tho)

I liked Jason
They told him to be a snarky asshole and he just went and did it, that madman

>That collar idea
Holy shit that's bleak. I kinda love it, but I like what we got way more.

Still, they should try and work something like that into a future movie. It's an idea with legs.

Would Mayor Swinton of been a better villain?

>tfw my anarchist friend tries to argue that the film is actually just 'racist propaganda' and thus refuses to watch it
>tfw he refuses to acknowledge the ending as refuting that point

Apparently, because Judy expresses racist views at one point in the film, it means that the film is necessarily condoning them.

Never mind that the film shows her learning the error of her ways, apparently even showing a protagonist thinking that even for a second means that you're promoting it.

>Anarchist
What year is he from

>my anarchist friend
You got shit taste in friends mate. I bet he's the sort who eats all your chips when he comes over and doesn't get you another bag afterwards.

>Hmm...

>Nope, still a pig.

>What were the creators trying to accomplish with this film?
To make money.

I think she would have made for a more interesting villain. Aren't pigs omnivores too? So she could have played both angles considering which way the political climate shifted.

I think they succeeded way beyond their expectations. I damn near wet my pants when I saw it was beating Batman V Superman despite being in theaters weeks before the latter's release.

Pigs will eat whatever the fuck you put in front of them, or whatever the fuck happens to be in front of them. Pig dies? Everything else in the pen cannibalizes it. Sow gives birth to a stillborn piglet? Nom.

They literally don't give a fuck.

The current one he's 21

Actually, nah, he does actually follow the principles pretty solidly so he takes a 'my stuff is your stuff approach'.

>Pigs will eat whatever the fuck you put in front of them, or whatever the fuck happens to be in front of them.

Apparently the best thing to do to get rid of a corpse is to cut it into six pieces and pile it all together. When you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

It's not about 'racism', exactly. It's about any type of prejudice that people might have. It's intentionally vague. I've heard people try to relate it to racism, but there are massive flaws with that. For starters, the Predators are 10% of the population, they are the minority. But they hold large and powerful positions, the major, most of the police force. Also, animals are subject to their actual animal instincts to a degree, which is why it would be a bad allegory for racism, because people aren't animals and don't secretly want to eat people (usually).

Zootopia is just a film about not being a dick to minorities, because you are a dick too.

>Sow gives birth to a stillborn piglet? Nom.
That's not unique to pigs though. Hell, "herbivores" like rabbits will even kill and eat their babies if the mom gets stressed and thinks they're too big a liability.

>Also, animals are subject to their actual animal instincts to a degree

Only because they were on fucking bath salts that were secretly administered to them by a rogue branch of the government, though.

or is that an allegory for the CIA pushing crack in black communities in the 80's

Trying to tell us not to be racist against predatory animals because it's not their fault when they attack us, they were forced to do it by society.

Right, but if you shot Judy with it, she wouldn't try to start eating people. She'd just try to fuck everything in sight.

Okay, well, I have a great idea for a sequel.

According to the story of her uncle, it works the same way on rabbits.

javascript:quote('89541296

>future movie

You still believe that?Disney don't do sequels anymore.

What about Frozen 2?

>Disney don't do sequels anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=9vwbNwtqJow

make more furries

>Disney
You mean Pixar. Pixar is no longer doing sequels after Toy Story 4

To turn you into a furfag

Cars 3, Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, and then they'll have time to announce RataTwoille.

Tried to make something new, then decided to make it "socially relevant".

True, but my point still stands, pigs will eat nearly anything.

they want to create a new generation of tolerant cops. they want everyone to want to fuck rabbits.

>tfw Judy missed out on getting her first taste of meat

fuck off Dobie

I think you got it backwards.
I never saw a Bunny Cop movie before.

This is the last place I'd expect to see Aesop Rock lyrics.

Pixar is golden-egg laying Goose for Disney, no way they gonna let it go that easily, I won't be surprised if I see "Wall-e 2: adventures of Mo" around 2020.

Hey, were there any more pictures in that Lone Digger thread where Judy's got obvious PTSD from the crime scene?

So we're waiting for Oscars, anniversary, d23 2017 and comic books, right?

Every time I hear about the original plot, it make s me want to see the director's cut.

the only problem was the ending, they couldn't decide if the fox should stay in the city or not.

What seriously? They would get zapped for being too happy?

Anything that could be taken as a threat or intent to assault, like showing teeth.

What do you think?

Anybody know if the pixiv tag for Zootopia is in kanji?

Money.

Yup, collars were triggered by laugh,cry,anger, anything.It made them defenseless against any kind of attack. Predator's life in "proto zootopia" was a living hell.

they were so desperate to keep them it was ridiculus. "it's not about racism, it's about biases!!!"
yet it clearly was.

minorities in most powerful positions, picture of a jew... yeah nothing like that happens in real life...

Haa.. This made me smile.

To say that the only thing standing between the city and the machinations of a race baiting politician is the dedication of good cops.

It's like You're under arrest! but with less implied lesbians undertones

zootopia have tons of cross overs at this point

Pretty sure they wanted to make money.

I want an Zootopia Inspector Gadget crossover, user...MAKE IT HAPPEN

To perfectionate the art of making detailed and delicious bunny bun-buns , OP...what else?

Officially: to make a kid-accessible story about how everyone has a little bit of prejudice and that while it's not necessarily "okay" to act negatively towards a certain group, it is understandable and it is important to work to overcome these prejudices.

Unofficially: to kickstart a new generation of furries in numbers not seen since Robin Hood and to a lesser extent Space Jam.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jw0c9z8EllE

Life's not a bitch
Life is a bee-otch
Who keeps the villagers circling the marketplace out searching for the g-spot
Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests
Or maybe you're just an asshole. Maybe I'm just an asshole.

this movie made me really depressed, they accomplished that

>he's not played that exact role in everything he's done after arrested development.

trying to spread the furry_ agenda

did you watch snatch too user?

To profit off of furfags, children and socially conscious moviegoers with minimal effort.

PULL THE PIN OUT

Ditto

That's not how anarchists think, that's how SJWs think.

>ALL true anarchists are DEAD
>If it's not democracy or comunism, it MUST be anarchism

Really,like..what the fuck happened? Sometimes I wish some of them would be alive just to make these people learn the fucking difference.

I don't know if it's a lack of understanding of political history, kids saying they're "anarchists" because it sounds cool, or the poison that is SJW thought universally infecting the minds of Gen Z.

that webm is from the version where Fox is whining about prey priviledge throughout entire movie.

To say that everyone is a little bit racist and no place is perfect but if we all work on bettering ourselves things can be pretty good for everyone.

Also bunny BUTT

Mr. Foxe! :-D

I think that all they see is the "kill the labor stucture" part and go all "Cool! Not jobs! I'll totally go anarchist from now on" ...little lazy pricks.

Wasn't this the part where furfags in the cinema joined in on the howling?

do you bieleve in everything people write on the internet?