Tfw there are probably 18 year olds who look back on this show nostalgically

>tfw there are probably 18 year olds who look back on this show nostalgically

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jcrevFlZKjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And for good reason

I look at everything with 2 years and older in a nostalgic way. Anything to get me out of this shitty present.

I only found the "Costa Rica and Cameroon" bits and the Invaded episode funny.

21, actually

I sure as hell don't.

This.

I've seen posts on Tumblr and Youtube, usually from folks in their late teens/early 20s, stating that mid 2000s shows like Catscratch and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi were the 'good old cartoons', much like 30-35 year olds wax nostalgic over Sonic SATAM and Duckwing Duck.

Also, I'm old enough to remember constant "RIP Cartoon Network 1992 - 2004" posts, then I began to see that morph into "RIP Cartoon 1992-2007" for a while. And now I'm seeing "RIP Cartoon Network 1992 - 2010" ones recently. I guess it depends what you got nostalgia for growing up.

Time keeps on slipping, into the future.

All it takes is for a show to constantly be on the air for someone to come here a few years later and defend it. How soon before wistful Johnny Test kids?

I had a weird boner as a kid from the episode where Jake pulls pranks on Adam the whole episode and finally gets him at the end by making him naked in front of the whole school

I swear I'm not gay tho

I've seen people being nostalgic for the first season of Johnny Test.

To be fair though, that season was simply mediocre, as opposed to the later ones which were outright terrible.

Then it's still too soon. Someday people will come here and swear that it was all good.

22 here, I liked it

> My Life Partner's A Monkey
no

Go fuck yourself you stupid little insignificant piece of shit. This show is the reason why Cartoon Network went down the most depressing time period in it's existence, including the early 2010's live action debauchery. You make me SICK!!!!

Probably sarcasm, but it really was very shitty. Well below shows before and after it.

Hey Sup Forums, if you were forced to choose between mid 00s CN or late 00s CN, which would you choose?

Mid 00s (2004-2006):
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Juniper Lee
Camp Lazlo
My Gym Partner's a Monkey
Ben 10
Squirrel Boy
Class of 3000

Late 00s (2007-2009):
Out of Jimmy's Head
Chowder
Transformers Animated
Ben 10 Alien Force
Flapjack
The Secret Saturdays
BrainRush
Bobb'e Says
Destroy Build Destroy
The Othersiders
Dude, What Would Happen

Well it's true.

Mid 00s. No question.

Wow, 00's really sucked. At least we had Fosters, Chowder and Flapjack I guess.

Off-topic(ish), but I've never understood why CN stopped calling their 2004+ shows "Cartoon Cartoons". Like, what the hell was wrong with that name? It was distinctive and amusing-sounding.

For instance I don't see anything wrong with calling more recent CN shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show "Cartoon Cartoons", but apparently CN does. Did they retire the name because it triggered someone?

i mean it got better when they realized the premise was stupid and just started writing episodes based on what would be funny for the characters, and not what would fit with the show's theme

Late, if only because of Chowder

My guess is "Cartoon Cartoons" sounds silly and this is the era of young adult-college age focused cartoons that try to take themselves too seriously.

The show was awful, until it became self-aware, then it actually became enjoyable. Not too good, but I didn't have to change the channel anymore.

>Sup Forumsmrades old and new don't know about Gym Partner's last two patrician-tier seasons

Did they hire a writer?

22 actually, and it was okay. They started running out of jokes and started getting meta then it ended

There are people who are being nostalgic over Phineas and Ferb, The Mighty B! and even that one about the purple unicorn, so anything's possible I guess.

Hell I'm 20 and I look back on it nostalgically

people who hate Gym Partner probably never made it past the 1st season

it's a pleb filter of sorts

Is Gym Partner Sup Forumsre?

Nope. I watched it all the time as a kid 'cause it came on after school (20). Very meh. The only memorable parts were the ones that made me cringe like the musical episode and how CN would use "pretty pretty, shiny shiny" clip for bumpers. It was a dark time.

I feel nostalgia for the first two seasons of Gravity Falls, because there was yet so much to discover and so many chances to speculate...

>first two years
ftfy

That doesn't make it not objectively shit.

Sonic SATAM was shit too.

>first two seasons of Gravity Falls
So the entirety of Gravity Falls?

>tfw you're 29 and nostalgic for MGPAM because whenever you got home from work and crashed on the couch it was the only thing on

I'm 23 years old and this show reminds me of being in grade 7, staying up all night on Newgrounds, and falling asleep to this and other shitty shows at 8am.

I've never known someone to be nostalgic over Charlie the Unicorn.

This (it got more surreal and stupid as the show continued)

No, but I remember this episode bonerfully

I liked it when they were actual friends and it didn't devolve into Ms. Foster's-style "how the fuck are they still together" after the monkey had his brain extracted.

Why does Sup Forums dislike this show?

I meant to say S1 and S2-A

Eh, I merely liked 1 episode in the entire show.

It was pretty good at times, but for some I still don't like it.

It was probably the monkey and all the annoying voices.

Maybe it's getting popular

late 00s, only because of Chowder and Flapjack which are more like cartoons from the early 10's.

Not really there's still shows on CN like Uncle Grandpa, The Mighty Magiswords Teen Titans Go and NuPPG that are wacky loud and random though to be honest those shows all suck

The 00s was great you had shows like Courage The Cowardly Dog, Codename Kids Next Door, Samurai Jack, Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home, Time Squad, Ben 10, Camp Lazlo, Class of 3000, Evil Con Carne and more

>Mid had Ben 10, Camp Lazlo, and Class of 3000
>Late had Total Drama, Chowder, Flapjack, and Brainrush
>Both had Foster's, Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, and Teen Titans
Mid wins by a hair

Characters look really bad

It started out really bad and didn't begin to pick up until its second half. With two whole bad seasons Sup Forums had already made up its mind in regards to the show, and a lot of people are only recently discovering that its second half was markedly better.

I fucking hate class of 3000. where is that fucking autistic kid with those stupid ass goggles?

Agreed that guy hasn't watched all the CN shows

That show was goat man better than the crappy newer cn shows like Nuppg and TTG

Pretty crappy show, honestly. Makes me thankful for most of CN's current output, despite what Sup Forums thinks.

Hell, that toy commercial made by the same guys, Littlest Pet Shop (2012) turned out far better, and still wasn't that great, either.

The Cahill couple knew little to nothing about how to make good cartoons people could truly be proud of, at the end of the day.

Yep. That's me.

I am 25 and this is 100% always sure way to get into melancholic mood.

I still remember sitting on a carpet while sun was setting up through curtains and is was playing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jcrevFlZKjg

The first season (and probably second) were too mean spirited

Beside the point. The fact they're trying to reach older audiences at all is probably the cause of the ditching of the "Cartoon Cartoons" title.

Unless you've got a different theory.

There's at least one guy here on Sup Forums that thinks Puffy Ami Yumi was a really great show. I saw a few episodes not that long ago on a cruise ship (cause apparently CN in Asia plays 10 year old cartoons) and it was even worse than I remembered (and I remembered it being pretty bad).

Mid 2000s because at least great shit like Billy and Mandy was still airing.

Most of CN's current output is fuckin trash

A lot of their older shows before did reach older audiences such as Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Johnny Bravo, Courage THe Cowardly dod and more/.

At least it's better than the shitty newer shows CN has been putting out

Wish I appreciated that joke earlier.

Samurai Jack is a decent point, but the majority of the shows you just listed are incidentally entertaining to adults. They're still shows made with kids in mind. Which is why we've come to the problem of today, where adults think cartoons SHOULD be made for them. It kind of shits on the legacy of cartoons that are good and enjoyable by anyone.

i.e., me.

While I don't look back on it with a lot of nostalgia, I do remember it fondly. The show was alright and it was quite entertaining.
Plus it had it's share of good jokes, like for example.

God, I hate that term. I get that the world shat on Adam way too much that it crippled this show (that, and Jake, other characters being annoying, disgusting twats), but come on - "Mean Spirited"? Such a pussy - ass term that shouldn't be used unless you want to be seen as a complete pussy.

i don't. fuck that show

Looney Tunes, the prototypical "good cartoon" was made for adults. Jackass.

That's Sup Forums for ya. Always living in the past like a bunch of twats.

You're alright. Kind of - Just enough for me to vote yours as BEST. COMMENT. HERE.

A lot of Cartoons from that era are like that - what's your point???

>Which is why we've come to the problem of today, where adults think cartoons SHOULD be made for them.

What the fuck are you even talking about? How is this a problem? Point me to evidence of anyone or anything being negatively affected by this "problem".

... my point was that it's okay for adults to want some cartoons to be made for them, and in fact the best early cartoons were made for adults. What is your point? Fucking weirdo.

I remember it being shit, but the characters were pretty likeable for the most part. Just really shitty jokes and plots.

I have fond memories.

Though that's more the general situation- when I think of My Gym Partner's a Monkey, I remember that playing in the background alongside Flapjack and Chowder while I was playing Burning Crusade.

Mid was really shitty, but late 00s might be even worse.

It attracts manbabies and emotionally stunted tumblrinas to the medium, for starters. Look at how shit Sup Forums has become, and you can point the finger pretty easily at the attempted audiences of many modern cartoons.

I liked how often it took the piss outta it's Premise

The giraffe was cute.

>Costa Rica and Cameroon
what?

The people who made that show went on to make this.

Not only was it bad, it had one of the most nauseating opening theme songs I can think of.

Going by the fact that many people here think that KND and Billy and Mandy are among the best and funniest shows to ever air on television, I'd say yes, there are probably a shit ton of 18 year olds who look back on this show nostalgically.

>when you don't even remember this show but then you remember you haven't been 18 for half a decade

>KND and Billy and Mandy
>funniest shows to ever air on television

Even as an 11 year old I knew this was meidocre shit

cartoon network's shitty episode rerun filter, nonetheless. good barometer.

>Fucking weirdo
kek

what, are you angry?

and that demographic changed the same year they were made because they peaked their popularity with children.

as is, again, the case of a failed demographic attraction stunt.

ONCE

I remember MGPAM being really fucking hilarious to the point of tears, at a time where my sense of humor really changed drastically, where many things couldn't make me laugh. It and Flapjack were really funny shows.
I'm a little scared to go back to MGPAM because of the sudden recent backlash against it, making me realize another thing I thought was amazing was actually not as good as I remembered it was.

It's not great but some episodes are patrician

Well thats becasue most CN shows nowadays suck

given how you're literally me by your irregular mindset about old cartoons and the fact that flapjack was the shit too me back then as well, I can safely assure it's not great.

most of the episodes revolve on slapstick and Adam suffering, Jake being a dick with no retaliation on his end, and the rest of the animal gang are no better. there are no memorable jokes save for the occasional 'extreme detail one shots' trend back in the day, and the plotlines for a good portion of the episodes are very much on the cookie cutter side, where nothing that happens to the characters ever really matters in the end.

COSTAAAAAAA RRRRRRRRRIIIICAAAAAAAAA
CAMAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON