I honestly don't get the ~3 hour long movies trend. Doesn't it mean more expensive production costs...

I honestly don't get the ~3 hour long movies trend. Doesn't it mean more expensive production costs? less projections per day? what's Hollywood winning from this?

I have actually stopped going to theaters because I just cannot sit comfortably for that long. I prefer waiting for the BD release and watch movies at home where I can take breaks.

80 to 100 minutes is enough time to tell any good story in a theatre. Any more than that is just torturing the audience. If you want to make it longer, do it in the BD release.

What's your opinion in this matter, user?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-DcA0p8Tvnk
youtu.be/qtRyUZYIvPM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Name a good 80 minute movie

I assume the costs aren't that much more because they just leave in more boring scenes that they would normally edit out. I'm not sure why this has become a trend now. My guess would be people feel short changed if they watch shorter movies for the same amount of money.

>hipster
>nike

Pleb: The Post

There is nothing wrong with long movies if the movie can justify its length. There is literally no reason for summer blockbuster capeshit garbage to be over two hours though.

youtu.be/-DcA0p8Tvnk

videodrome
tokyo fist
the lion king (and most good disney flicks from the '90s)
Rec
Totoro

etc.

Videodrome is 87 minutes
The Lion King is 88 minutes

Do I really need to look at the rest of your fucking List?

Fucking children's movies. Can't make this shit up.

t. 25 y/o who thinks he's all grown up and children's movies can't be good

well to be fair OP said 80 to 100 minutes.

Then prove OP and name a good 80 minute movie. I'm going to assume that I don't need to explain what that is. I'll even give you 81 minutes

A hipster wouldn't be interested in an old computer like that. It's too much work and doesn't get you laid.

Rec is 78 minutes

perfect blue
the evil dead
elephant

You should be banned for this. Evil Dead is 85 minutes. Rec is 78 minutes though so we'll just leave it at that.

hold it right there fgt. Are you saying perfect blue is not a good movie?

PORTABLE C64 in that picture. that dude is alpha and omega. legendary machine.

as for movies: 3 hours is far too long for me.. usually. but it depends how it's flowing. doesn't mean expensive production costs as movie producers always shoot far more footage than is ever used, so that makes no difference. it's more about the flow of the story and how long people can be fucked sitting in one spot for.

Fuck your shit opinion.

My dad is like you. Any time I want to watch a film with him he wants to know the running time, if it's over 100 minutes he's out.

But he'll watch an entire season of a tv show in one weekend.

hipsters never get laid. and they sure as fuck don't know how to use a c64.

No I'm not and thats an interesting similarity that Rec and Perfect Blue are non-English films. That's part of what makes it hard to find a good 80 minute film. I think the English speaking market has stricter standards of length.

Depends on the movie.

BR:2049, Silence and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last about the same (2h40min) and I barely felt the passing of time during the first, got a bit tired after 2 hours of the second and the third was pure torture.

>tfw can't spend 3 hours watching the same movie
>feel like i'm wasting my free time
>can however watch 6+ episodes from series in a row easily

you're right OP, a tight hour and a half is perfect and any additional length just detracts. Once we go over two hours I'm ready to move on with my life.

What is the most pleb reason you've personally heard from a friend/family member about why they don't want to see a movie?
My Dad talking about inception:
>Nah I don't want to see that. The buildings moving all weird? I don't want to see that

youtu.be/qtRyUZYIvPM