In a world where humans have been replaced by robots

What's the point of continuing to create those robots in the image of humans?

Wouldn't it be more efficient to drop the human aesthetic and just make your galaxy conquering minions as functional as possible?

Replicants aren't robots.

semantics aside , why go through all the hassle of making something look human when there aren't humans left to give a shit

Because replicants are based off the human genome. All the designs are already there in our DNA for a perfect versatile handyman machine, if you just do some modifications. Why bother starting from scratch making a non DNA-based robot? That is infinitely more difficult and much more work. With replicants they can make them as strong as machines and as versatile as workers while consuming the same food as the real humans (meaning they only need one supply chain)

>Luv is killed and Wallace is never mentioned again, a man running a massive and powerful corporation apparently only had one person for the job, also he just gives up getting Deckard after she died

What did they mean by this?

Expect replicates are humans, just genetically engineered clones but still they are humans with a soul. Blade runner is honestly a very evil society. Its enslaving a class of humans because they were born differently

All of this.

You essentially already have an extremely versatile problem solving machine that most you can set parameters for and then send it on it's way. Resources for production are probably minimal as well once you have it all set up.

Honestly tho, my fridge is a robot. It could be modified to shoot an intruder faster than my DNA could be made into K.

Fun movie anyways, pretty girls and whatnot.

Literally conjecture: the post

But yeah we say that the police department knows where K is at all times and what, we're supposed to believe he could stay in New Vegas a few days and then ram highly secured corporate torture cars (with no knowledge whatsoever) and the be LEFT ALIVE?!

Video game tier

Luv killed Wallace before she left, you can see a bit of blood on her lips.

robots are shit anyway, self augmentation is were it's at

how about an entire planet full of tools and machines designed for human use?

But K did die.

Again with this shit?
He spent a day at most in Vegas. He was not wanted by the police. The writers did think of this, they just didn't explicitly say it because too much exposition can ruin the movie.

Scifi writers are never able to fully consider the
>implications

Scifi today will seem just as dumb as 50s garbage today

>semantics
Genetically engineered humans are very different than simple automatons.
OP is a faggot.

Why create a humanoid video game character when a rolling ball of knives would kill more?

> but still they are humans with a soul
the soul is a concept that cant be proven, humans are born replicants are made, soul talk is rationalization of why being born or made matters

Exposition is the only way most of Sup Forums can comprehend what transpired onscreen

Your fridge isnt your superhuman slave though. Thats what a replicant is

this is a good point
i'd love to see a game that did that

Foundation series was written in the 50s and Dune was written in 1965 and they're both just as good now as they were back then.

>doesn't understand the role of sci-fi/speculative fiction in shaping society

> only had one person for the job
but there were three convoys for deckard

K as someone with the memories of the Hologram girl, a orphan, knew that she wanted to meet her parents so thats what he did and then he dies

wallace probably tracked and sent Luv2 to pick up his corpse along with deckard and the girl afterwards and has colonized the stars by now, K just didnt give a fuck beyond having the two meet

>Dune
Pic related
Foundation is good tho

why not just make some rugged bipedal crocodile and then give them fake dreams that they are a illegal immigrant day laborer trying to send money back to earth el salvador

surely this would be much better for off planet work

nice pic
i think you're implying dune sucks though
in which case you're alright

How come no cool matrix type fight choreography?

post crash fight is better than the matrix, also when you see the movie i think youll like the sea wall fight

because crocodiles are stupid and they are not bipedal. They cant make slave croc people, it's just too hard. Humans are good because you dont even have to be a replicant to accept being born into slavery. Any human or replicant-human could make a fine slave laborer

Are you sure? It does a lot of stuff for me like a personal assistant, Amazon Prime stuff, holds ice for YEARS... weird shit. I assume it will automatically update, can't wait to see what the future holds.

No it's just two people trying to choke each other, not as cool as matrix first movie

Replicants are pretty much human anyway. They're just really heavily genetically modified humans, but they're all assembled from organic material. No idea why society would need slaves at that point given the level of apparent wealth disparity. It would probably be cheaper and easier to just pay the replicants shit salaries and give them the illusion that they're "free" than it is to enslave them and create all the social problems that go with that.

Nobody wants to fuck a crocodile either

You would think that because we can lobotomize people now, in the future they can basically have the replicants be mindless drones who do what they are told and don't require memories, getting paid or anything that would make them feel human.

Yea if you go too deep into the story, some of the premise definitely breaks down.
>can travel to, potentially terraform, and colonize other planets
>have flying cars and other assorted ultra-tech
>can create an A.I. like Joi that is unwavering in her loyalty
>can't create replicants that don't end up breaking off and forming entire resistances against you

just wait for the sequel

never mentioned again? The movie ended, faggot

Replicants were being given to people emigrating off world. Doubt people want to live with monsters.

someone that pretends to be human as often as possible being forced to be who he is when he gets his kidney ganked is >> than someone altering reality but only a little bit so the movie doesnt collapse on itself

They will search the bottom of the sea for Deckard for several days until they realize that he's alive.
Deckard can meet his daughter then go into hiding again.
Think the movie was kinda clear.

TRANSHUMAN BREEDING GROUNDS

>>can create an A.I. like Joi that is unwavering in her loyalty
not an AI

Because they're literal humans grown in a tank, instead of a womb? Because it's cheaper to create a human and implant memories, rather than go to all the trouble of creating robot AI? Ever wondered why all the robots in 2049 are so simple?

>Finding someone in the ocean
>In those currents

In the first movie they explained they started with robot like humans with the first nexus models but decided to move more to the human type

>robots

they're synthoids

>the denouement MUST focus on what my autism demands, not what the narrative dictates

ya, na