Street fighter vs. Darkstalkers

The first issue is coming out in April!

Who else is hyped?!

Other urls found in this thread:

famitsu.com/serial/tsubakigame/201410/07062344.html
eventhubs.com/news/2016/mar/06/darkstalkers-really-arent-dead-ono-still-striving-attain-new-title-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh yeah, and issue #0 is supposed to come out in February.

I'm posting the covers and alternate covers.

Midnight Bliss!

I think this one is the best.

Last one!

Jedah should permanently be a gir

These two are awesome!

I hope Street Fighter allows for enough face time for Darkstalkers world and lore. They'd pretty much have to explain these monsters coming from a world of street brawlers anyways, right?

seems more like a coloured manga

I want to get hyped for this. But remember Udon didn't even finish their Rival Schools comic or their Final Fight comic. Heck they tried to pitch a SFIII comic as a back. (but this was all before the SFV-centric comic getting put out by Udon recently)
Maybe I shouldn't be so negative, Udon did finish the SF vs Gi Joe mini.

I would of loved a comic series were each story arc is centered around each level of the Final Fight games. So volumes could be based on the different games and characters.

How are Udon comics? Writing-wise? They seem to look very pretty in the art I've seen.

Some volumes are good and some get real cheesy. But they're all a fun read. I give props to Udon for trying to tie all the games, and all the characters in them, together.
Like you get fun pages/interactions, for example....getting a bunch of chars with command grabs going at it.

Other fun little tidbits. Like calling out Blanka's SF4 ending where found his mom and Necro vs Dhalsim

And bringing in one of Sakura's transformation supers from MvC2 as a plotline element.

I'm guessing that one in the bottom right is supposed to be Ken?

I feel like they still haven't given up on the idea of a new Darkstalkers game happening eventually. It gets shilled more than their other fighting game IPs.

>Mistakenly referring to Twelve as Necro

The Capcom execs and designers LOVE Darkstalkers.

They often bring up their 'dream project' of making Darkstalkers 4 in 3D.

Unfortunately they also see it as a a big risk sales-wise. So they focus their efforts elsewhere in more lucrative series, like street fighter.

I hope that this.comic can introduce the Darkstalkers to another generation.

maybe, but she doesn't have black eyebrows like Ken. Plus having eyebrows disqualifies Guile. And it can't be Nash cause no glasses and/or not half-zombie girl.
So it could be: Eagle, Vega, Cody, Abel or Rufus
Personally I thought it was Cody cause of the stripe bikini, but its not in his default colors.
Realistically, it has to be Ken with no black eyebrows. The funny thing is that Ken dyes his hair blonde.

my bad, guess subconsciously I want Necro and Sim to duke it out already. Give me season 3, They already have the Necro model from the Halloween stage.

>The Capcom execs and designers LOVE Darkstalkers.
source because it seems like the complete opposite

Yeah this Famistu interview with Ono from 2014 said other wise:
famitsu.com/serial/tsubakigame/201410/07062344.html
Capcom's reasoning was that Darkstalkers Resurrection didn't push enough sales to warrant a new entry.
But then Ono made a vague-ass twitter post in March 2016 that "he's trying:
eventhubs.com/news/2016/mar/06/darkstalkers-really-arent-dead-ono-still-striving-attain-new-title-series/