Affleck out as director of solo Batman film

>Affleck out as director of solo Batman film

Didn't Ben say that he wasn't going to direct Batman unless it had a good script?

money.cnn.com/2017/01/30/media/ben-affleck-batman/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wh7k6HvaFTE
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-08/-batman-v-superman-seen-earning-less-profit-than-superman-alone
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The script he's writing you mean?

Hes still doing everything else including writing.
Hes probably stepping down from directing because of the pressure to have 'the correct' batman while he was on thr LBN press tour.
Dont blame him, you work hard on this film and all folks care about is a film that doesnt even have a confirmed release date.

How did the DCEU get so messy?

In other news, WB have recently released a an updated look at the DC film schedule

That popped collar there, that's a good look for the ol bats. really bring out the zorro.

Execs keep making bad decisions.

Goyer and desperation.

It all of it began with the forging of the Green Lantern rings.
The Star Wars of our generation, they called it. Heroes for the children to look up to as they grew up.
But they failed. Through shitty cloud Parallax and jarring transitions between boring Earth stuff and the interesting but neglected Oa stuff, with the great Sinestro left out of the spotlight far too much, the Green Lantern failed.
So another plan was hatched, in the minds of WB executives, making use of the names of 300 and Watchmen, they brought forth Man of Steel, the ill-begotten fruit of Zack Snyder's creative mind.

Man of Steel, the start of the DCEU, was far from the mess Green Lantern had been, and so they thought they were on solid ground, ready to play catch-up with Marvel's Avengers. And that is where they made their mistake, for rather than fixing what was wrong with MoS, they amplified their problems in a glorious collapse.

If they get Fincher we will never need another Batman movie again

The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy

I'm still amazed Snyder managed to direct three films for the DCEU. Like would no other director do Justice League?

This. DC's unwillingness to build their universe film-by-film is what's killed them.

It's absolutely BIZARRE that they chose to debut the Joker already-existing in the SUICIDE SQUAD film of all things... especially such a radically different version.
But it all makes sense if you view it through the eyes of a studio executiver who is absolutely DESPERATE to have *THIS* movie be a success, with no concern about the overall project.

Marvel also guaranteed solo Iron Man, Thor and Cap films when they decided to build towards the Avengers. WB never offered a guarantee on the DC hero films. WB doesn't really want to make a Flash movie. They don't see it as an a-list franchise and the character doesn't appeal to the Hot Topic demographic that they've been successful at marketing towards with previous films. The decision to do Justice League then launch the solo films OUT OF IT was born at least i part out of a need to sell the executives on producing all of these solo movies they didn't want to do by showing the Justice League was a huge success.

And no: We're never going to get a Cyborg movie. Doesn't matter how much money Gal Gadot's movie makes... we will never get a Cyborg film.

>WB doesn't really want to make a Flash movie. They don't see it as an a-list franchise and the character doesn't appeal to the Hot Topic demographic that they've been successful at marketing towards with previous films.

"Flash is too clean-cut, can we make him more of a prankster? And have him quip a lot? And talk to the camera? And swear and say funny quotes that can be emblazoned on witty t-shirts? ...can we just make a Deadpool movie? Didn't you say that DC had it own Deadpool... the Deathstroke guy?"
What follows is 45 minutes of increasingly heated screaming as DC explains that you can't make a sarcastic dudebro comedy out of Deathstroke and executives with no familiarity with the character grow increasingly certain that you can.
The executives win.

The trick is that a "cinematic universe" is just a marketing term for a "series of movies".

The ideal of a cinematic universe is to have a modular set of movies that don't need to be actually that good, and instead build on a cycle of hype and connectivity. This is why every franchise movie has to advertise its sequel.

The terrible secret is that this is a rather poor formula for making movies, but fandom is the exact opposite of being critical.

Thus you get these hero-villain narratives about corporations failing in mythmaking. The ideal is to have a this paternalist marketing machine that promises constant satisfaction that stretches out indefinitely into the future, i.e. the MCU.

>Oh hi, I'm Slade Wilson. I know what you're thinking, whose balls did I have to fondle to get my own movie? Well I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with Ratman...

That's not a collar.

>DC's unwillingness to build their universe film-by-film is what's killed them.

I'm so fucking sick of hearing this.

IIRC the League was in his contract. Also he envisioned and built the whole world bulding through Mos and BvS, so, yea...

>but fandom is the exact opposite of being critical.
I don't think this is true.

>DC's unwillingness to build their universe film-by-film is what's killed them.

Not really. A cinematic universe isn't actually about building a fiction "universe" film by film. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is actually fairly sterile and lifeless, and most of it can be safely ignored and just watch a movie. The idea is to have an illusion of a grand ongoing narrative in this movie series, but it's actually mostly running in place.

>Thus you get these hero-villain narratives about corporations failing in mythmaking. The ideal is to have a this paternalist marketing machine that promises constant satisfaction that stretches out indefinitely into the future, i.e. the MCU.
Thus you get the Joker pre-existing with 10 years of history at the same time we're getting Barry Allen's debut while the WB executives desperately want a Wally West-style story.

Don't act like WB are blameless here; the embargoing of Suicide Squad characters from the Arrowverse to keep them 'special' was a result of WB's toxic infighting resulting in poor decision making that harmed both products.

Man of Steel was a bigger mess than Green Lantern.

GL was just boring but Hal was more or less intact
MOS fucked up Pa Kent, thus fucking up Clark

>I don't think this is true.

Fandom is based on shared enthusiasm (or hatred). Critical apprehension demands some degree of detachment and careful, individualistic consideration. These are antithetical method of evaluating movies.

This is the folly of DCEU fans complaining about critics being bribed to hate DC movies. There's no actual conspiracy: critics just want to ride the same wave of hype because that's easy page views.

>Thus you get the Joker pre-existing with 10 years of history at the same time we're getting Barry Allen's debut while the WB executives desperately want a Wally West-style story.
>Don't act like WB are blameless here; the embargoing of Suicide Squad characters from the Arrowverse to keep them 'special' was a result of WB's toxic infighting resulting in poor decision making that harmed both products.

What you fail to realize that this is completely immaterial except that it makes hype-cycles more difficult to sell. It's just marketing/copyright stuff. Whether the movies are good or bad doesn't really have anything to do with brand synergy.

Plastic Man could work as a Deadpool style movie (and be the nice safe PG-13 rating.) But then again I guess he's "too confusing".
Well I guess they're stuck with him.

I would have enjoyed the Jack Black GL movie more than I did the Ryan Reynolds version.

Should've made it a Netflix series. LBN was a disjointed mess.

They misfired with Green Lantern. Too many cooks in the ktichen for the script. The costume looked like green bacon.

Then they rushed a Superman movie to keep the rights from the Siegel/Shuster estates. Snyder was the only one wiling to work with Goyer's unfinished script.

But the Marvel movies aren't praised to high heaven, they're given okay-to-good scores. Which is exactly what they deserve. I'd say that's pretty level-headed.
With KB as Kyle Rayner?
>THAT'S LANTERN POWER, KYLE!

>Hes still doing everything else including writing.

This. Also it's rumoured WB is courting Villeneuve and Fincher which are both objectively better than Affleck as directors

>Whether the movies are good or bad doesn't really have anything to do with brand synergy.
It's not about brand synergy -- it's about being stuck with Barry (and specifically that version of Barry) because they came up with him for the Justice League film.
The character conceptualization should be done in the solo film. But now they're having to do everything backwards, whilst WB executives are also asking them to retool Barry's solo film into something that's unrecognizable as a character -- but also doesn't fit what we saw in BvS.

I don't think critics ride on the "wave of hype" that much. Sure sites that want "nerd cred" do but do print newspapers really care about what people who never read them think? Or do they intensely follow Marvel movies continuity?

(Again, AFAIK, can't prove this shit), after WW (that he was cooking before though not directing) and JL he's done though.

But, since Batman is now shaky and Flash is a mess, one has to wonder if that does any good. Either WW and Aquaman restore faith or WB is a pinch.

>inb4 they call in Kevin Smith

>Thus you get the Joker pre-existing with 10 years of history at the same time we're getting Barry Allen's debut while the WB executives desperately want a Wally West-style story.

Yeah, and?

WW is not restoring anyone's faith. Aquaman still has hope to be good though.
Dwayne pls, Shazam when?

You say that in hindsight. But it was so different from the comics that people would have treated it with indifference like Halle Berry's Catwoman.

>Robert Smiegel wrote the script, in which noble warrior Abin Sur crash-lands on Earth after being mortally injured by the Green Lantern Corps' longtime enemies, the Tchkk-Tchkk, and orders his ring to find a worthy replacement. Rather than brave military pilot Hal Jordan, however, the ring settles for dim-witted IKEA employee Judd Plato, whose only accomplishment is being titled "the bravest man in America" for eating a coyote carcass on TV. Aided by his equally moronic comic book afficionado best friend Seth, a role written for David Spade, Judd goes around fighting crime, hoping to impress his longtime crush Cassandra, until he's whisked away to Oa for Green Lantern boot camp under Sergeant Kilowog, where he butts heads with stuffy veteran Sinestro and manages to woo his protege, Katma Tui. Judd soon proves his worth when he finds out Sinestro is working with the Tchkk-Tchkk to take over the universe and rallies the Green Lantern Corps to stop them.

Forgot to mention:
One has to wonder why they did that (giving 2 Superman movies and a JL movie to him from the get-go) though, since Watchmen and Sucker Punch weren't exactly crowd favorites.

I agree.

>With KB as Kyle Rayner?
>>THAT'S LANTERN POWER, KYLE!
I think so. Jack Black as a struggling cartoonist who gets an alien power ring that can make anything he wants a reality. He tries to be a standard superhero and fails miserably, thinking he's not meant for this. Meanwhile he uses his ring to create a construct in the form of his idealized a girlfriend (a glowing girl named Jade) and she plays the part of his own subconscious pushing him to try again.
When Kyle forgets about the kind of superhero he's SUPPOSED to go and lets his imagination run wild and takes on the villains with cartoon antics he discovers that he's every bit as good as those stuck-up other heroes!

It'd be like Cool World. Lot of 2d animation and Jack Black fucking a cartoon lady.

>But the Marvel movies aren't praised to high heaven, they're given okay-to-good scores. Which is exactly what they deserve. I'd say that's pretty level-headed.

The MCU has produced only one movie that's equal to something as unremarkable as the Rocketeer, and that's only because they had the same director.

RT scores and box office revenues are vitally important for fandom because they validate and allow enjoyment, which is why the reaction towards unsatisfying review scores is so virulent.

>It's not about brand synergy -- it's about being stuck with Barry (and specifically that version of Barry) because they came up with him for the Justice League film.

Barry Allen is just a fictional character. A character being potentially inconsistent across franchise entries isn't actually a problem.

I feel like if Justice League tanks it's gonna be the end of the DCEU and they'll probably pull the plug on all other superhero movies sadly.

>RT scores
You know even on Rotten Tomatoes their average scores are somewhere around 7.5? And this is just where they belong. Nobody is denying this.
Nah they'll make enough bank with all them to keep going. MoS, BvS and SS didn't flop financially.

>tfw Batman was supposed to start production next month
>tfw The Flash just got stuck in development hell both in script and directorial chairs
youtube.com/watch?v=wh7k6HvaFTE

>One has to wonder why they did that (giving 2 Superman movies and a JL movie to him from the get-go) though, since Watchmen and Sucker Punch weren't exactly crowd favorites.

Sucker Punch flopped but after succesfully adapting Watchmen which had become a running joke in Hollywood for being impossible to adapt he got credit as the best comic book director.

We barely have anything concrete of Barry until the Justice League movie comes out. And even then there's very little chance he's going to have anything too limiting in his character for future spin off movies.

If anything, the troubles with the Flash movies stem entirely from all you motherfuckers bitching and crying about how DC movies ought to be rainbow waterfalls and toffee butterflies candy colored Saturday morning cartoons. The executives clearly have decided that they have to pander you people and that's why they scrapped the Black Lives Matter gritty Flash movie script and want page one rewrite.

>
I don't think critics ride on the "wave of hype" that much. Sure sites that want "nerd cred" do but do print newspapers really care about what people who never read them think?

It's very much a product of online environment. Hype culture is so welcoming and profitable. There is even a genre of post-hype entertainment like YouTube videos about easter eggs in Marvel movies.

It's a real movement. A marketer is crying tears of joy at the sheer beauty of it.

MOS was made as a big FUCK YOU to the family of Superman's creator and was meant to be a separate universe of 3 movies.

But Marvel was getting too much cash, so they decided to make the DCEU a "Marvel bootleg" out of MOS.

Possibly.

But there's still a good reason why DC movies get worse scores than Marvel movies. DC movies can't even get past mediocre.

>You know even on Rotten Tomatoes their average scores are somewhere around 7.5?

I'm talking about percentages, which is what most people care about. Unanimous approval - being part of an all-encompasisng crows - is the goal of sharing RT scores.

Obviously it's a horribly uncritical mode of thought.

>Also it's rumoured WB is courting Villeneuve and Fincher

No, it's not. And they wouldn't do it anyway.

>I'm talking about percentages, which is what most people care about
Oh, so you don't know how the tomatometer works. Nevermind me.

>I feel like if Justice League tanks it's gonna be the end of the DCEU and they'll probably pull the plug on all other superhero movies sadly.
We'll get no-continuity standalones of 3rd tier heroes shot for 60 million dollars hoping to score a hit they can build into a 2-hero teamup movie.
Booster Gold, Swamp Thing, Black Lightning and Vibe.

>hasn't had a good movie in almost a fucking century
>hasn't had a successful movie in decades
>puts out massive bombs like Pan and Jupiter Ascending at least twice a year
>probably has the worst 2017 slate of any studio
>can never even dream of the success of vastly superior companies like Disney
>couldn't make a decent franchise if their life depended on it
>STILL better off than Sony
HOW?! Why isn't this piece of shit company dead yet?

Hmm, fair enough. What else we had back then, the X and Spidey trilogies?

Even then, handing ALL of your keys like that to a single person sounds crazy, but maybe some executives thought that Snyder could be an explosive version of Nolan and his Batman trilogy.

>The executives clearly have decided that they have to pander you people and that's why they scrapped the Black Lives Matter gritty Flash movie script and want page one rewrite.
Yeeeeah, I don't think that's the reason the movie is getting a rewrite, specially after having so many directors attached to it.

They played basketball against the Devil and won so now they get to keep going forever.

The original idea was for The Flash to be gritty and edgy, and deal with Black Lives Matter.

But they are completely rewriting it now.

>hasn't had a successful movie in decades
(You)

Okay, I'm game...
Sup Forums, write me a Flash movie! Pitch your script!
HARD MODE: Must fit with the SM:Homecoming version of Barry already established.

>but maybe some executives thought that Snyder could be an explosive version of Nolan and his Batman trilogy.

That's probably the reason. Plus it looked like imitating Marvel had failed (Green Lantern) and trying to be like the old movies (Superman Returns) didn't do so well either.so I guess they thought they needed a radical new direction.

This is pure hyperbolic bullshit. They've had several failures, but that doesn't mean they haven't done anything good.

>gritty and edgy, and deal with Black Lives Matter.
You know if you ask a random guy on the street, this is EXACTLY what they associate Flash with.

>running at full speed to catch up to marvel
>you hit something and break your toe
>still try going at full speed even with your broken toe
>end up tripping over yourself in spectacular fashion because you refused to slow the fuck down

>The original idea was for The Flash to be gritty and edgy, and deal with Black Lives Matter.

No, it wasn't.

It baffles me how easy it is to fool Sup Forums by coming up with random stuff and posting it as fact.

>they have LotR
>they made the Nolan trilogy
>they have the Harry Potter saga
>the only studio making more than 1 billion domestically every year since 2000
>second highest grossing studio in 2016
>Disney has to rely on bought franchises and nostalgia cashgrabs to keep afloat

Surely smells like shilling here

>But there's still a good reason why DC movies get worse scores than Marvel movies. DC movies can't even get past mediocre.

The answer becomes obvious when you read the reviewers that RottenTomatoes aggregates.

I mean, have you ever done it? Because it's not too hard to notice that the reviewers aren't that great at their jobs.

This is an excerpt from one of the review that RT included for The Avengers

>Seemingly taking on a philosophy of “go big or go home,” the action is not only pure spectacle, but perfectly paced and shot by Whedon, who makes frequent cuts so that we can see everything that’s going on with the different heroes. The final battle sequence between the superhero team and Loki’s army is better than all of the action in the other Marvel movies combined and multiplied by ten. It earns the buildup from all the preceding films by being the most epic title we’ve seen with these characters yet.

Despite assuring us how epic the movie is, this is almost laughably callow. Going back to The Avengers now that the hype is gone it's not too hard to see the terrible flat direction or lacking action. But the reviewers is very literally caught up in hype and fan enthusiasm:

>At my screening of Marvel’s The Avengers, the audience couldn’t wait until the end of the film before erupting in applause. In the midst of a massive action sequence in the third act of the story, the entire Avengers team, including Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow, assembled on screen and seeing them together was too amazing to ignore. It was a tribute to how entertaining the film truly was; a reaction to a wonderful payoff moment built up by well-crafted characters, witty dialogue and a thoroughly thrilling script. And I won’t be surprised if happens again and again once the movie is released worldwide.

These are the people who write about popular art.

This. Pa Kent never loved his son in the comics, so MoS got his characterization extremely wrong. I bet Snyder never even read a Superman comic before.

It's not really surprising. I "leaked" three different sets of shitty-sounding fake spoilers for Josh Trank's Fantastic Four movie and made it to news three times.

Plus some bullshit I came up with about Doctor Doom being a hacktivist kept being peddled until after the movie came out.

Sup Forums is deliciously guillible.

I do. What I'm saying is that people care about the tomatometer far more than the scores. The people running the site know this, which is why the average score is in tiny font. It's not nearly as important.

Yeah, and WB can't even manage to build up hype. Which shows how incompetent their directors and execs are.

>Lost five directors in little more than a year

What are they doing wrong?

Remember when there was talks of a George Miller League and del Toro Justice League Dark? Good times.

I don't read enough Flash for that. I also have no idea how to fit this Homecoming version of the character, as you put it, in the gritty universe Snyder built so far. It is a fucking challenge and I don't envy any one who has to face the task.

Makes sense, but GL and Returns were single movies. Why go all in with three mixing all their face characters lol.

Doom was pretty NEETy in the finished film so I commend your educated guess

thank fuck, it would have been a horrible, thinly veiled President Lex - who is really President Trump story

>Going back to The Avengers now

Well good for you user, clearly you and your time machine are so helpful for telling what movies will hold up and what ones won't.

Reviews are opinions, opinions are built on human emotions and feelings. The moment you start asking for objectivity in criticism is the moment you can no longer be taken seriously, you're no different from Sup Forums.

There si ZERO objectivity in art criticism.

He still is writing and producing it user. Emphasis on still writing.

George Miller's Justice League was supposed to shoot after BB and SR but fell apart entirely due to that Writer's Strike

I can't remember if Del Toro's Justice League Dark buzz predated GL or MOS

Internet reviewers are a fucking joke. I remember some podcats reviewing Rogue One and the guys had Marvel merchandise all over the place, GotG posters, Cap t-shirts, the whole deal.

Take a wild guess about what they thought about R1

Miller's JL was after TDK.

>Well good for you user, clearly you and your time machine are so helpful for telling what movies will hold up and what ones won't.

The Avengers is still the same movie as back then. It only holds up due to novelty. The first X-Men movie is better cinema, even if it's not particularly good. The attraction is in the hype and sense of continuity, not real quality.

>Reviews are opinions, opinions are built on human emotions and feelings. The moment you start asking for objectivity in criticism is the moment you can no longer be taken seriously, you're no different from Sup Forums.

You're defending subjecitiviy, but you fail to realize that a subjective opinion can be wrong.

Proper criticism doesn't demand scientific objectivity, it demands a partly objective and detached perspective and constant questioning.

It's already been argued to death that Man of Steel and especially Batman vs Superman were not successful. That's why WB keeps changing their plan.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-08/-batman-v-superman-seen-earning-less-profit-than-superman-alone

>not real quality.

But the DC movies don't have that either. They can't even convince gullible and idiotic reviews who by into hype that they're good, which shows how bad they are.

I don't remember either, but I do remember when MoS2 was supposed to come after MoS, instead of BvS.

Oh lawd. Wonder what is going to crash and burn first, DCCU, the Spider-centric universe Sony wanted to do (remember the Sinister Six and Aunt May movies announced?) or the milking of the X movies by Fox now that Synger and Jackman are done.

Lex Luthor is already the Trump of the DCEU. Abrasive, seemingly irrational, succeeds due to weakness of others...

I'm sure that personally they loved the film

>But the DC movies don't have that either. They can't even convince gullible and idiotic reviews who by into hype that they're good, which shows how bad they are.

That's just dumb argumentation.

The DCEU includes two good superhero movies. Once you escape fandom, it's much easier to evaluate them.

>Oh lawd. Wonder what is going to crash and burn first, DCCU, the Spider-centric universe Sony wanted to do (remember the Sinister Six and Aunt May movies announced?) or the milking of the X movies by Fox now that Synger and Jackman are done.

I predict that corporations will continue making franchise genre movies forever, with one trademark making more than others.

Well why didn't reviewers get caught up in the MoS hype? There was a lot of it you know.

> Once you escape fandom, it's much easier to evaluate them.

MoS is structurally broken and BvS is an amalgamation of half-formed thematic ideas conveyed poorly.

I'm going to guess you aren't arguing SS is good.

>The DCEU includes two good superhero movies.

It doesn't. Each movie has been worse than the other.

Why your taste is so pathetic user? Are you a fan boy or a shill?

George Miller's JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL came extremely close to actually happening. Pre-production was already complete, they had a full cast, a script, locations figured out, and had actually shot some external footage when everything suddenly blew up in their faces

>Australia raises taxes to film on-location and Miller refused to compromised on filming elsewhere.

>The Writer's Guild went on strike, preventing needed script revisions to scale down the budget and accomodate for all the money they'd be spending with the on-location filming. Miller took upon himself to rewrite it, but it was still too expensive.

>The cast leaked and faced FANT4STIC-level backlash from fans, who were already butthurt WB was churning out yet another Batman before THE DARK KNIGHT had even come out.

>While all of this is happening, WB is literally bleeding money letting the actors stay at a five-star hotel and order all sorts of expensive frivolities.

>Not only that, they also waste massive amounts of money with "method acting" like sending Aquaman's actor to swim with dolphins or covering all expenses so Superman's actor can just hang out and go to clubs and restaurants and stuff with the other cast members so they'll all become close friends and translate into the movie how everybody loves Superman.

>After months on deadlock Miller finally compromises to filming in Canada. Sets have to be taken down, now locations scouted, new sets built, scheduling conflicts arise with the actors due to the extreme delay, and WB finally decides to pull the plug on the whole thing.

Pic related, it's the cast.

Spider-centric universe is dead because of Civil War, obviously

But Sony is still pushing for a Sinister Six movie within the MCU?

>>Not only that, they also waste massive amounts of money with "method acting" like sending Aquaman's actor to swim with dolphins or covering all expenses so Superman's actor can just hang out and go to clubs and restaurants and stuff with the other cast members so they'll all become close friends and translate into the movie how everybody loves Superman.

Goddammit, WB.

>FANT4STIC-level backlash from fans

What, Sup Forums was already around but I wasn't here. How did we take it?

I don't remember any blowups on superherohype

>DCCU

So far they have three financial hits out of three movies so I guess it's going to last

>the Spider-centric universe

Disney cucked themselves to Sony so it's dead already

>the milking of the X movies by Fox

Deadpool was one of the most succesful movies of the last year and Logan looks like it's going to make cash too. Sorry bro, but the Mouse isn't getting those rights back either. Maybe F4

No idea. I read somewhere that they still wanted a Venom movie but that was probably a hoax since nobody reported that shit.

>The cast leaked and faced FANT4STIC-level backlash from fans, who were already butthurt WB was churning out yet another Batman before THE DARK KNIGHT had even come out.
Huh, didn't know about this. I also don't recognize half of those faces, but I already buy them being Supermand and WW more than what we have.

>Martian Manhunter will never EVER get a movie
Oh man.

The cast bonding sounds good, I bet Snyder didn't have them do that

It just didn't need to be expensive if true, have them hang out in McDonalds or whatever

I'd be okay with X-men never going back to Marvel (if Marvel just gave up pushing the Ihumans) they can have their own universe easily.

F4 would be nice to have back though.

Batman was Armie Hammer and WW was the youngest biker woman in Fury Road

Wait, are they going with the Shithumans in the MCU too?

Well, Goyer said that only virgins know who Martian Manhunter is. He is in charge of the writing on DCEU, so he probably knows.