Ten Years Since Boston

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic

Today is the ten year anniversary of the "2007 Boston Mooninite panic" bomb scare incident, AKA the event that ultimately lead to Jim Samples, then-president of Cartoon Network, resigning from the network resulting in a total chain reaction restructuring of the channel and Stuart Snyder (progenitor of live-action and garbo Canadian imports) becoming his successor.

It's worth noting that out of all the cities these LED promotional lights were set up in, only Boston interpreted them as potential bomb threats.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20070203120922/http://www.bpdnews.com/2007/02/message_from_the_police_commis_2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This was one of the things that killed [as] and CN. The new President of the network introduced the live action shit.

lol i bet none of this would have happened if they just took the time to put a casing over the wires.

People driving cars panicked about these things. Think about it, people in charge of a lethal piece of technology couldn't tell it was just a board full of LEDs.

Boston got paid a shit ton of compensation for being morons. Actual, genuine, drooling, retarded morons.

Worst part is the Mooninites/Spacekataz were the least funny thing of ATHF

Fuck me, I've been here too long.

It's amazing to think that out of all the possible ways for the network to die that it was the fucking Mooninites of all things that brought about the end.

how could they? do you think anyone who saw a slapped together electronic device with exposed wiring would go close enough to inspect it?

maybe youre the moron here bud. that or youre 12 and just dont remember what america was like between 9/11 and obama's election.

Thank fuck for that.

>we've been posting on Sup Forums since this first happened a decade ago

I thought I'd be successful enough by now to not have time for this Nepalese ice sculpting forum but here I am

9/11 is no excuse for a police officer to not know the difference between a lite-brite and a bomb. You'd think they would have looked into it before causing mass panic. The officers responsible for the panic should have been fired for being unprossesional and causing civil unrest for no reason.

they're looking into it CAUSED the mass panic. they arent gonna send a patrol officer to check out a suspicious electronic device you dumb fuck, a little panic is a lot better than someone dying.

Nobody would have dies tho. No deaths and no mass panic > no deaths and mass panic

you are too stupid to exist, no wonder you frequent this board.

Lol decides my argument had no logic (im aware that it didnt), so you attack me personally. I'd say this place suits us both perfectly

>attacks me personally

lol you are such a faggot.

*we are such faggots

They only looked into it because the panic was already caused by motorists thinking it was a bomb. They got calls literally saying "there's a bomb". is saying that they responded properly to a possibly explosive unknown. Your denseness is a natural wonder.

the autistic faggots of Sup Forums are so predictable. mock their childish understanding of this world and they try to act like you're somehow 'just like them'. good thing there's some intelligent people who just so happen to enjoy comics and animation as an art form, or i'd never come here to begin with.

Source? Or are you just spouting out what you think without anything to back it up?

Boston got their comeuppance

I find it weird that about 6 hours passed from the time the first thing was found until someone from CN told them what the ad campaign was. So the authorities aren't really to blame in this case if they didn't recognize a minor character from a shitty cartoon.

Everyone had a good laugh as this was happening. Didn't really know that it lead to CN becoming shit for a few years. Not like CN Real lasted all that long anyway

Let's not forget the time Boston was actually bombed, the explosives didn't look like anything electronic.

>feeling superior to a Sup Forums board
Way to go for the lowest-hanging fruit, you dumbass sperg

CN had live action for like a month, and CN went to shit years before then.

web.archive.org/web/20070203120922/http://www.bpdnews.com/2007/02/message_from_the_police_commis_2.html
>"Officers raced across the city in response to calls reporting bombs and other suspicious devices"
:^)

stop acting like youre the board faggot, i feel superior to YOU because i clearly am.

That sounds like someone with a tiny penis, I'll give you that.

>CN had live action for like a month
It was way longer than a month. Their first live-action show, Out of Jimmy's Head, started in September 2007. Their last live-action show, Incredible Crew, ended April 2013. The CN Real shows lasted from mid 2009 to late 2011.

And fortunately, Boston's alert nature ensured they never had any problems with bombs or a massive deployment of police ever again.

Well, except that one time.

>When there's a panic over a kid bringing a homemade clock to school and people misinterpret it as a bomb, it's society's fault
>But when someone hangs something that's basically a lite brite to promote something, which looks nothing like a bomb, it's the fault of the person who created it