Toonami Ratings for 1/28/17

The NEW 10 episode season of Samurai Jack begins March 11th at 11:30pm. Was revealed in one of this weeks AS bumps. We currently don't know if this is an extension or if the Super rerun is being removed.

GiTS SAC will replace OPM on this Saturday. Just what we need, another rerun that has aired a million times.

Will no doubt be Toonami related at some point otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/Sword-Art-Online-Season-3-Reportedly-Announced-8621.aspx

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last weeks ratings were horrendous, and touched multiple lows we haven't seen in years. This week there was some mild recovery, but nothing to be excited about. However, good animation and Killer Bee seemed to get people excited for Naruto, yo.

11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1158 0.5 702
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1038 0.5 634
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 866 0.4 487
1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 797 0.4 457

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 779 0.3 442
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 814 0.4 453
2:25a Moon Duo: Cold Fear 647 0.3 375
2:30a One Piece 627 0.3 376
3:00a One Punch Man (r) 671 0.3 416

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=noWeRPz_JWo
youtube.com/watch?v=YKJ_RdKDqL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Slight recovery here too

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.54 851 0.32 417
8:30 Samurai Jack (r) 0.39 601 0.24 313
9:00 American Dad (r) 0.51 765 0.33 426
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.57 866 0.39 497

10:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.66 979 0.43 554
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.78 1191 0.53 685
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1423 0.6 808

Reruns didn't do too hot

3:30a American Dad (r) 551 0.3 354
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 559 0.3 338
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 553 0.3 343

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 580 0.3 357
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 621 0.3 405

>Family Guy once again outdoes everything on the block
On Toonami fucking when

Best

Looking a bit better, but it looks like there's a schism now, where people solely tune in for the Toriyama hour and leave. I wonder if York Shin will cause a HxH boost or if staying in the 700s is its ceiling.

It kind of sucks that Toonami's getting such shit ratings. I can't say I'd watch it now since my tastes have changed since I watched it back in middle school. It's also going to have to find a way to get people to watch rather than watching online.
FLCL and Jack should get it some much needed attention, but there's still the risk of people just watching that and leaving. Or just watching it on the Internet.

The biggest issue Jack will have is that it's looking like it's gonna be slapped after the Super rerun rather than leading the block. Not only does that hurt Jack, it also breaks up the DBZ hour which will hurt that too.

youtube.com/watch?v=noWeRPz_JWo

I don't understand why people think this. If HxH isn't pulling viewers now, those people who aren't watch sure aren't marking their calendar for the day the show starts getting "good". Same goes for other long shows

FLCL can't really be considered a solution right now because it's very unlikely we see it before 2018. We haven't heard a peep about it since announcement, so that's a good indicator the late 2017 timeframe is out

>One Piece got rekt by OPM AGAIN
>this is like 5-6 weeks in a row this has happened

OP is so god damn lucky they are putting that GitS rerun in that slot which will probably hemorrhage viewers like crazy, making OP look better in comparison

GOOD BYE ONE PUNCH MEME, DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA WHERE YA MAMA DONT KISS YA

So where do you go from here? I know you won't give up this shitpost

I say this only because the ratings were higher initially, but that might've been due to the timeslot. IMO, HxH is already past the "not good" phase and only gets better from here. It could be that Netflix having most of it took some steam out, but we'll never know.

Ok but my point still stand. According to most HxH fans, last night was the end of the "not good" phase. Do we really think thousands of people marked this Saturday on their calendar as the day HxH stops being terrible? Doubt it

>Naruto beat HxH
When will they drop it?

>According to most HxH fans, last night was the end of the "not good" phase
They've never not been saying that. No one believes them anymore.

HxH isn't the first show on here that would get axed.

One Piece has been getting trashed by a rerun for over a month, it's first on the chopping block.

Don't get me wrong, id prefer both to go, but there has to be order

>SAO season 3

TOONAMI IS SAVED

NEVER FORGET

What a day, I still remember the audio sample NPR used to describe the show to the audience.

TOONAMI IS DOOMED

I think the biggest problem is being on too late.
Most people aren't going to stay up in the middle of the night to watch stuff they can watch online st anytime for free. You don't have to play family guy every single night 10 times. You can cut it push Toonami earlier and rearrange it so better shows are earlier.

Code Geass R3 is announced as well.

R3 would be a nice get, especially since Bandai's international distribution has become untangled. Actually that might be really likely considering how willing they were to get Gundam back on Toonami. It'd be a really dumb move to ignore the cultural capital Code Geass had.

>they get Code Geass
>but they insist on reairing the first two seasons before they air R3
Thanks Demarco.

It's all but guaranteed. Make it simulcast for maximum effect and we'd easily break a million.

Gainax is in the middle of being sued by Studio Khara for announcing FLCL and Tribuster when they still haven't paid off near million dollar loan after repeatedly insisting that they're broke.

I wouldn't bet on either of those any time soon.

That's completely wrong though. Toonami is hardly on late, and that's never been an issue for it before. And yes, they do need to air Family Guy that much since Family Guy is responsible for a big boost to Toonami ratings. Take that away and Toonami is fucked.

The issue is the stagnant schedule filled with long running shonen. Doesn't encourage people to stick around, since it will take years to progress in most shows on the block

Great, so almost guaranteed we don't see it till 2018, possibly at all.

Also, it's a total gamble if people like it in the first place. Jack builds confidence because it's an incomplete series, and the new episodes are being sold as the final conclusion. FLCL is something many agree was perfect and didn't need more episodes. Could go over amazing, could be a disaster. No way to tell

Toenail Ratings

So overall, how well did OPM do compared to other shows in it's timeslot(as a 12:00, marathon, and a rerun)

In it's initial showing it was one of the highest rated shows on the block's history, only second to DBZKai. We only have a year or so of reruns to compare its performance to but OPM as a whole did better as a rerun than Parasyte did. We still haven't found a magic bullet show that's done really well as a rerun, maybe GitS will be it.

Everyone that gives a shit about One Piece already knows Thriller Bark forwards and backwards and the sorts of people that want to watch SHONEN ANIME on fucking TELEVISION think OP is too kiddy.

>Sup Forums constantly spooges over One Piece and Hunter x Hunter
>can't even match Bleach numbers

When will their fans just accept that OP and HxH just aren't as good as they think they are?

Can't speak for HxH but OP is great, the demo just doesn't like it based on looks alone/isn't held hostage by television schedules anymore. Like I wouldn't be surprised if half the people who enjoyed one of these shows on Toonami that they hadn't heard of just saw a few episodes and then went online to watch the rest.

Bleach/Naruto/DBZ will always get decent ratings because of the nostalgia factor, people that watched them growing up can jump in whatever and know generally what's going on.

HE'S STILL DOING IT, LADS!

Bleach was at the front of the lineup and no show except DBZ or Akame Ga Kill has gotten as much viewers as it.

>What is OPM

I forgot about that one and Kill la Kill. Sue me

>8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.54 851 0.32 417
Super pulled when?

>only second to Kai

What is
>Kill la Kill
>AgK
>Dimension W

And probably others? OPM did good but it wasn't that good

>maybe GiTS will be it
>the second lowest rated rerun from the old days

Top kek. The only fix for that slot is move OP and Naruto down and put something fresh on

>OP is great

Get the fuck out of here. The anime is horrendous and you know it. Breaking it up one episode a week really drives the point home. You know what time new material started airing on this weeks episode? 2:38am. Eight! Eight full minutes spent on recapping/OP. That's why people turn it off, it's borderline unwatchable

One-Punch Man peaked at 1.4 million, if you have conflicting data that shows those shows getting higher ratings lets see it.

>Kill la Kill
Beat it's ratings a while ago. Also forget if it was in the same timeslot anyway
>Agk
Before the adultswim boards where kill it was already posted the OPM beat Agk slightly, and maybe even hit a 500k average
>Dimension W
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

It kinda is. The epic comedy reaction faces and comedic screaming gets a little old when it's every single week.

I'm not against fun but that isn't what I expect to see on my TV at 2:30am, especially when they entire lineup is long runners

>he laughs at DW
>meanwhile it outdid Jojo Memeshow every single week

OPM never hit 1.4mil

I don't like Jojo

neither does anyone else!

DOHOHOHOHO.jpg

Oh, I'm not defending the anime, it's trash, the manga is great. But people that actually are into shonen are accustomed to shit pacing and filler bullshit. The anime's objective quality shouldn't come into play when the same flaws in varying quantities plague the entire genre.

None of them are as bad as OP. Naruto may have shitty fillers but it does not fill the first 8 (10 if Toonami ran full OPs) of recap from the previous episode, every single episode

>2 weeks from now will be the one year anniversary of Dimension W

Fuck, where does the time go lads? Why did it end up being so popular with the Toonami audience?

Wow if Toonami airs unknown shows people tune in to see what they are about? Woooowwww

Maybe we should fill the block with long runners everyone is spoiled on at minimum and knows they are shit without watching a single episode. That will get viewers!

robutt

Pretty much this. DW ended up being pretty shitty, but most people couldn't know that until reaching the final episode. If Toonami wants to thrive it has to take risks like this.

Also probably helped it had good waifus and wasnt a sausage fest like a good chunk of what we have now

> 7/23 DBZKAI: 1538, OPM 1443, IBO: 1182, HxH 1024, NS: 956, OP: 842, P:M(r): 705

whoops

Super being on at 8:00 is hurting the ratings of the entire block. People just tune in for Super at 8 then don't tune in at 11:30.

I honestly don't know, I can't get engaged enough with a shonen other than OP to enjoy even the canon material, I tried watching Naruto when it started airing on Toonami when Toonami was first revived and it seemed just as slow and weirdly decompressed as OP is. I watched My Hero Academia and then read the manga and found the 13 episode first season only covered like two volumes.

I assume it's just a problem of the genre, like Dragonball had all the weird decompressed shit and that's just how it is now.

DW sucked but it brought me around to Jad Saxton. I got turned off by her voice from M&H because I associated it with a stubborn brat, but this was a good change

>tfw I had a feeling it did but didn't want to confirm for myself

Consider yourself baited

Yes, we established this would be the case before Super even started
>leading with a rerun
Have to be braindead to think this would work

I started enjoying Jad Saxton after Haganai

He'll shit on JoJo, obviously.

That'd be a shame, Jojo actually does bad enough to warrant it

That was a fun show

My Hero Academia has a fucking sprinter's pace compared to other shonen. The author was clearly ready for it to be cancelled like his previous series, I genuinely thought it could have ended by chapter 100 back when I was first reading it.

>Gainax is in the middle of being sued by Studio Khara for announcing FLCL and Tribuster

The new FLCL isn't being made by Gainax though. Production IG bought the rights to it.

People who praise OP aren't true Sup Forumsnons, they're neo-Sup Forums that came on once moot stepped in and killed self moderation.

What shows that haven't aired on toonami do you think would do well on toonami?

>Tfw you realize all the shows you want on Toonami wouldn't do well on Toonami
I want Garo and Gatchaman Crowds but I don't think either would pull big numbers.

Don't even care anymore since there is zero hope of anything getting on except 1-2 brand new titles per year

Speculation isn't fun when it's hopeless

Crowds has plenty of action and a hype as fuck soundtrack to go with that action, it would do just fine.

Insight on the other hand might have some trouble

sauce?

Oh, also Log Horizon, but that'd just be seen as a cheap SAO knockoff with less action and more talking so that's doomed as well.

Honestly, I don't know how people would react about Hajime (let alone dub Hajime) as an MC. I fear people would tune in for the first episode, go "what the fuck, this annoying girl's the main character? I thought it was the cool samurai dude in all the promos" and never bother to tune back in.

I feel the same way which is why I asked. Pretty much everything that I like that could air on there already has and everything else I like is too niche to pull in the toonami audience.

Spoilsport.

Mob Psycho 100

Gundam 00 would be great, but after IBO S1's performance with a strong lead-in, Unicorn's performance with a weaker lead-in, and the inevitability of IBO S2 airing, I doubt it will happen. Gundam fatique is going to set in, if it hasn't already.

>SAO season 3
Please no.

Sakamoto Desu Ga?

Okay then how about AoT season 2

I was kind of under the impression that only an action or adventure show would do well. Maybe though.

Keeping the dream alive.

>The massive ratings deep when One Piece comes on.
>A rerun got higher ratings than it.
DeMarco, you know what to fucking do. Come on!

13 episode slice of life comedy. Could be great to break up the the block a little bit. And it wouldn't be on long if it didn't work out.

youtube.com/watch?v=YKJ_RdKDqL4

DeMarco needs to stop being a faggot and play some old favorites like Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and Outlaw Star if they want some better ratings.
Hell just Dandy reruns would be nice.

He won't do it. He likes it too much to pull it evven if its ratings cancer.

Some higher up needs to do it for him.

>>Jojo actually does bad enough to warrant it

There's a chance he might not even go after it then

/toonami general/ bait works in that it has to be incredibly wrong, i mean that's how bait works in general but i'v never seen any type of other bait used here

I don't know why they haven't done so already. The anime is just painful to watch and it shows since nobody is watching it.

So much jealousy.

It never got a fair shake on Chiller, but the few episodes it did air seemed to have been enjoyed here

That's true but Jojobronies are easily baited. Any negativity to their show gets the job done

Except "old favorites" don't pull viewers because it's shit people have already seen. GitS will prove this next week.

>inb4 DBZ

Doesn't count

Premiering a dub of this is the only way to save Toonami.