Confirm/deny: Netflix is the best thing Marvel has going for it right now. This includes movies, comics, TV...

Confirm/deny: Netflix is the best thing Marvel has going for it right now. This includes movies, comics, TV, and everything in between.

Obviously, but that isn't saying much at all given the state of everything else they're doing.

Deny.

The shows have good things going for them, but the pacing kills them. They always have those really fucking slow episodes that go nowhere (Luke Cage in jail was soooooo boring), to plots that are too stretched out (Jessica Jones and with how much they were forcing the plot to keep going, such as kidnapping and escaping Kilgrave three times), to seasons that don't work at all (Daredevil Season 2. The first four episodes are great, but then it just devolves into two plots that don't connect at all. Half of the show is promoting the Punisher and the other half is promoting the Hand).

If they shave off five episodes and make them 8 episode seasons, then we'll have something more salvageable, but right now, we got 13 hours for weak climaxes. Any way you cut it, 13 hours for only 1 hour worth of memorable stuff is pretty shitty.

Daredevil is the only decent thing they've had.

confirmed

Literally only here for Cuti--Iron Fist.

annoying faggot.

I mean the Netflix shows are mediocre at best, but everything else Marvel does is fucking horrible so yeah, Netflix wins by default.

/thread

Anything but Daredevil season 1 is fucking unwatchable

Comics are dead but some movies are fine, more or less. Nothing to brag about

This, although I didn't think DD was THAT good.

To add onto this, I think the NYC setting is starting to drag the shows down for me personally. There doesn't feel like there is much variety, and it always feels like they're in the winter season in these shows. Not to mention that all these shows are pretty much "Villain has all the power, hero has to prove they are the villain for 13 episodes" plots.

It's almost as if they're following a formula that works.

A formula that is growing weaker. We can all agree that DD season 2 was pretty aimless and only got by because Punisher hype while Luke Cage completely botched it cause they had to come up with a villain who was a threat to Luke halfway through. With an increase output of 3 shows a year, we're going to have fatigue. Daredevil will probably last the longest because it has Bullseye, killing Karen Page, and a great Kingpin that would make Season 3 pretty great, but everything else will start to lose its luster. Hell, Jessica Jones season 2 has nothing in the comics to base itself off of.

>A formula that is growing weaker.
Like the movies that have been going for....how long now?

Doesn't really work. Jessica Jones was really bad, Luke Cage and DD s2 were mediocre at best

According to Sup Forums. Everyone else loved them and considered them amazing, just like the movies.

Everyone they release seems to decline in quality than the one before.

Daredevil was Amazing
JJ was good
DD S2 was mediocre outside of The Punisher scenes
Luke Cage was just mediocre

You guys keep shitting on the films, but admit it, you enjoyed that airport scene and the finale to Civil War, and Dr. Strange had some great visuals. I think the films at least can mix it up to keep it engaging, whereas the Netflix shows just keeps throwing street gang stuff with the Hand. I'm not saying that the Netflix stuff is bad, far from it. The Punisher in the graveyard scene is one of my favorite scenes in the MCU. I'm just saying, can you imagine the Netflix shows in two or three years? How many times it'll start with some gang war screwup to kick off the season, a villain that takes 13 hours to be beaten, and backstory episodes to pad out time? At least the movies are over in 2 hours and 30 minutes at most, where you have multiple scenes of Jessica and Patsy saying "We don't need military experience to kidnap someone, you sexist jerk"

Because they are the types of people that don't explore stuff outside big blockbuster franchises and "Female led show that's dark and involves rape and gore" seems so unique.

Confirmed.

Movies are forgettable garbage. Comics are garbage.

I stopped wathing the marvel flicks after thor 1 so I have no idea. I did see strange with a friend who paid my way since I wasn't willing to spend money on it, and outside the 5 minutes of neat visuals, the movie was painfully generic and was obviously trying to rip off matrix and inception. The humor was met with either silence or groans in the theater I was at.

not that great but not as bad as the comics. The movies are meh

>Not liking S2 The Punisher

Wew lad you are a homo

yeah, and despite the flaws it's still better than everything else Marvel is doing.

You're implying these shows are memorable. Hell, all three shows have a "try to keep the snitch alive but they die at the end" episode. DD had the Russian brother, JJ had Kilgrave's parents, DD Season 2 had the one crook who was running from the Punisher, Luke Cage had the corrupt cop.

I still disagree. I'm enjoying the movies a lot at there is a sense of progression with them. I mean, it's not like there are that many blockbuster films worth mentioning these days outside star wars.

Agree with cutting them down to 8 episodes.

I blame Ike the Kike though

>JJ was good

since when they moved JJ s2 all the way to the back of their list

user, are you retarded? You just confirmed they are memorable by being able to cite all those examples off the top of your head.

Now tell me what happens in any of the movies with that level of detail. Tell me the guy from IM1 name that died in the beginning, tell me the kid's name from IM2, tell me anyone's name from Captain America 1 except Bucky or Howard or Titcow, tell me how the sequence of events played out in Cap 1 once he gets his powers without just saying advertising and war stuff, tell me anything about Avengers one not involving Loki or the fight scene at the end.

The movies are completely unmemeorable and throwaways. Most people will never watch them more than once or twice.

Deny.

A single MCU movie is bigger and more popular than all of the Netflix-verse combined. And if S02 of Daredevil is any indicator, there's a serious potential for them to go from good to bad in the space of a few months.

Hey now, user, there's no need to be mean.

For sure. JJ should have had two villain arcs or less episodes. Strechting out purple man for 13 episodes was too much, especially cause it was not well done.

I liked DD season 2, but again agree it felt a bit bloated and disjointed. Still, it was really good for a TV show. I think there's much less fat to trim off DD season 2 than say JJ season 1.

>I grade the quality of something off the popularity of it!

The plebest of plebs

We need to see Jessica actually doing her job as a Personsl Investigator, and not just token attempts.

*personal

The new Planet of the Apes series are the only good blockbusters right now.

Only DD , JJ and Cage r horrible

>you enjoyed that airport scene and the finale to Civil War
It was alright and I forgot most of it, for the latter I actually enjoyed it more because it felt justified by the movie. It was the prerequisite but the legwork they did made it feel genuine, especially since RDJ sold it pretty well too, and that's as someone who's fucking tired of Tony Stark. Seeing him get LEGIT pissed and stop any wisecracks was incredibly refreshing.

>that notepad when she was trying to figure out Kilgrave's parents
By that point I knew I was only finishing the series out of habit, but goddamn, those writers sucked.

That's not an argument. Even if you are grading by quality, the MCU beats Netflix by an even wider margin.

I just want an action-girl show of Colleen and Misty being kick-ass investigators, who look stylish while doing so. :(

>A DofD show with a Broken-Beat soundtrack would be amazeballs.

>Netflix is the best thing Marvel has going for it right now

That is sad.

>he actually believes this

You better be 12. No self respecting man should be seeing any of the MCU movies without kids.

I have hope for Iron Fist.

Is there gonna be another Iron Fist trailer before the March debut?

I feel like we've barely seen anything of it at all.

Probably, in early February. Marvelix promo starts around a month before the Premiere.